PDA

View Full Version : Brice McCain gone

Steelwolf
03-11-2015, 06:55 PM
To the Dolphins.... We need to pick up some of these FA cbs like yesterday

squidkid
03-11-2015, 08:21 PM
To the Dolphins.... We need to pick up some of these FA cbs like yesterday

nah, we can just draft some 4th and 5th rounders and then cut them.
we are fine at db

SidSmythe
03-11-2015, 08:31 PM
McCain scared me. He played well for the most part but moving forward with him as anything more than a 4th CB scares me. He would have been a nice luxury for depth but that's it.
Blake scares me more but he's valuable on Special Teams

hawaiiansteel
03-11-2015, 08:48 PM
James C Wexell @jimwexell -

On losing McCain: When you decide to pay Cortez Allen a $3M roster bonus, you better be deciding he's ur starter. Blake a quality 3, Webb 4.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell

Eddie Spaghetti
03-11-2015, 08:49 PM
i thought McCain played well and showed the ability to actually catch the football, a rarity in our DBs

wish we had kept him around, as i didnt feel like the $$ he signed for was out of line

Discipline of Steel
03-11-2015, 09:19 PM
If it came down to Blake or McCain, i think they made the right choice. I think Blake has begun his ascent and would be fine with him and Gay if it came down to it.

RuthlessBurgher
03-11-2015, 10:33 PM
If it came down to Blake or McCain, i think they made the right choice. I think Blake has begun his ascent and would be fine with him and Gay if it came down to it.

Well, Blake was a restricted free agent and McCain was unrestricted, so that made the decision easier, but I agree...Blake seems like an ascending young player who can contribute in nickel/dime defenses plus special teams as well.

Chadman
03-11-2015, 11:00 PM
The Steelers will survive this loss..

SidSmythe
03-11-2015, 11:02 PM
Blake reminds me of Chris Oldham ... good special teams and solid DIME guy. Oldham played a lot near the LOS on passing downs (much like Troy's LB roll).

Both are built very similar. Limited coverage ability but good in short zones.

Chadman
03-11-2015, 11:14 PM
Probably a good description of him. That said, I don't expect him to ever be a starter in this NFL. If his cap value is higher than $1m, I'm not convinced he's good value.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-12-2015, 12:23 AM
In my minds eye I see McCain making some plays/pics (that period when Ike/Troy were out) that seemed so exciting, and made me feel like we had a chance to make the playoffs and then some. Which, to be honest, iirc, were emotions that had to be dusted off a bit at that time! In retrospect, he may have done just that, as some of those games were must-win.

Thanks for that, Brice McCain!

And ... Onward and upward - Here We Go!

Slapstick
03-12-2015, 06:32 AM
If McCain holds onto that Flacco INT in the playoff game, maybe he is still a Steeler (and maybe we have a 7th Lombardi!)...