PDA

View Full Version : Steelers inquire about Revis

Steelhere10
03-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Per Adam S.

phillyesq
03-10-2015, 05:43 PM
According to Dale Lolley, they did reach out to his agent. Not surprisingly, the asking price was too high.

pittpete
03-10-2015, 06:33 PM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-free-agency-news-rumors-signings-2015-steelers/2015/3/10/8186895/free-agency-nfl-darrelle-revis-steelers

SteelBucks
03-10-2015, 06:46 PM
That must have been the shortest conversation in FA history.....

Steelhere10
03-10-2015, 06:49 PM
Lol, if the agent didn't hang up first.

Rara
03-10-2015, 06:56 PM
He wants $40mm/3 years..which is $13.3mm/year. Yeah...Steelers don't have that.

BradshawsHairdresser
03-10-2015, 07:27 PM
Guess that constituted the "big push" that the Steelers were gonna make for Revis, as reported in that article the other day...:roll:

squidkid
03-10-2015, 08:01 PM
Yup, who says the steelers never go after big free agents...lol

SteelBucks
03-10-2015, 09:02 PM
Revis is a Jet again.

RuthlessBurgher
03-10-2015, 09:08 PM
@AdamSchefter: Darrelle Revis was asking teams for $40 million guaranteed. Jets' deal expected to top that. North of $40M guaranteed.

squidkid
03-10-2015, 09:25 PM
dang, i thought we had a chance

RuthlessBurgher
03-10-2015, 09:36 PM
@Revis24 signs for 5-year, $70M deal. Includes $39M FULLY guaranteed, $33M in the first two years. #Jets

Captain Lemming
03-10-2015, 10:24 PM
@Revis24 signs for 5-year, $70M deal. Includes $39M FULLY guaranteed, $33M in the first two years. #Jets

Guaranteed....39 million. ..guaranteed retires with no ring. :)

SteelBucks
03-10-2015, 10:32 PM
@AdamSchefter: Darrelle Revis was asking teams for $40 million guaranteed. Jets' deal expected to top that. North of $40M guaranteed.

Crazy! That's why they are the Jets.

tiproast
03-10-2015, 10:32 PM
Well, he'll be getting one in June, in the mail. It won't have the Jets logo on it, though.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-10-2015, 11:02 PM
Well, he'll be getting one in June, in the mail. It won't have the Jets logo on it, though.

Why ... is this guy posting over and over about the NE Shi**s on this board? Am I the only one who wishes he'd stay on his other board? I don't care if he's a nice guy or not (his posting about the **s so often here, often with undercurrents of snarky gloating, like this post, raises doubt in my mind as to which he is, rather than which he is trying to appear like). I don't really need to read posts here that have more to do with **s than with the Steelers, not lately anyway.

SS Laser
03-10-2015, 11:29 PM
Why ... is this guy posting over and over about the NE Shi**s on this board? Am I the only one who wishes he'd stay on his other board? I don't care if he's a nice guy or not (his posting about the **s so often here, often with undercurrents of snarky gloating, like this post, raises doubt in my mind as to which he is, rather than which he is trying to appear like). I don't really need to read posts here that have more to do with **s than with the Steelers, not lately anyway.
You upset tiproast had Revis for a year and got a ring? Chill out it is just a message board! Lol��

BradshawsHairdresser
03-10-2015, 11:36 PM
I hate the Patriots (I'm glad Revis isn't back with them), but tiproast is an OK dude...if he keeps hanging around here, I believe eventually, he will see the light and come over from the "dark side."

hawaiiansteel
03-11-2015, 02:07 AM

I like tiproast, he has always been very respectful in all of his posts and is quite knowledgeable...

Slapstick
03-11-2015, 05:57 AM

He feels guilty because his team has to cheat in order to win.

feltdizz
03-11-2015, 06:29 AM

huh???

BradshawsHairdresser
03-11-2015, 08:51 AM
Guess he missed that Revis got a ring with the *'s...

Maybe the one ring is enough for Revis. He got the ring, now he got the money.

feltdizz
03-11-2015, 09:29 AM

he always had the money...

phillyesq
03-11-2015, 11:02 AM
I like tiproast, he has always been very respectful in all of his posts and is quite knowledgeable...

Completely agree. I like what tiproast brings to the board. It's nice having an outside perspective.

birtikidis
03-11-2015, 11:23 AM
I'm sure every team did due diligence on Revis. We were never serious contenders though.

RuthlessBurgher
03-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Completely agree. I like what tiproast brings to the board. It's nice having an outside perspective.

Absolutely. Once upon a time, I also enjoyed the contributions of other NFL fans like Jom the Bengals fan and Hardliner the Chiefs fan as well.

K Train
03-11-2015, 01:17 PM
Steelers: Hey Darrelle, you a free agent?
Revis: Yes and I want to be the highest paid CB of all time
Steelers: K, nice catching up with you

birtikidis
03-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Steelers: Hey Darrelle, you a free agent?
Revis: Yes and I want to be the highest paid CB of all time
Steelers: K, nice catching up with you
That's about how I imagined it going down too.

Discipline of Steel
03-11-2015, 03:17 PM
How is this still even an active thread?

papillon
03-11-2015, 03:23 PM

He's been a mercenary since he came into the NFL and he's really not made any bones about it.

Pappy

papillon
03-11-2015, 03:25 PM
How is this still even an active thread?

Just trying to pi$$ you off, that's all. :p

Pappy

feltdizz
03-11-2015, 03:48 PM
That's about how I imagined it going down too.

Revis wouldn't even pick up the phone if he saw a 412 area code

The Steelers were talking to a recorded message and didn't even know it.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-11-2015, 04:02 PM
Me: So, how much is that Rolls Royce?
Them: if you have to ask...

Discipline of Steel
03-11-2015, 05:15 PM
Just trying to pi$$ you off, that's all. :p

Pappy

Well nice try Pap but I am merely amused this thread has made it to four pages.
As William Shakespeare once famously wrote....Much Ado About Nothing

SteelBucks
03-11-2015, 06:33 PM
Revis wouldn't even pick up the phone if he saw a 412 area code

The Steelers were talking to a recorded message and didn't even know it.

Do rotary phones show up on caller ID?

squidkid
03-11-2015, 08:17 PM
Do rotary phones show up on caller ID?

ethel, patch me thru to revis.....

Shoe
03-11-2015, 09:00 PM
Revis is that Rod Woodson, Charles Woodson, Champ Bailey kind of DB. I'm not sure the going market rate for the top DBs in the league, but this guy will be an impact player into his 30's.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-11-2015, 09:58 PM
I like to come here and read about the Steelers. If another team's fan wants to post respectfully about the Steelers here, that's great.

But I don't see how posting that "Revis is going to get a ring this June because he was on the **s this season" is that kind of post. At best it's irrelevant, at worst it's trolling. It belongs on the ** forum, or the Revis forum, not on the Planet Steelers forum.

All IMO, of course. OK, point made - thanks.

SteelBucks
03-11-2015, 10:07 PM
ethel, patch me thru to revis.....

lol........

Discipline of Steel
03-11-2015, 10:56 PM
I like to come here and read about the Steelers. If another team's fan wants to post respectfully about the Steelers here, that's great.

But I don't see how posting that "Revis is going to get a ring this June because he was on the **s this season" is that kind of post. At best it's irrelevant, at worst it's trolling. It belongs on the ** forum, or the Revis forum, not on the Planet Steelers forum.

You caught some flack for your position but i cant blame you cause that post was provocative. Then again, he was also correcting an inaccurate statement so since its the first time ive seen anything of the sort from tip, he gets the benefit of the doubt in my book.

Chadman
03-11-2015, 10:59 PM
It's the off-season. Everyone gets a bit fighty in the off season. Then we band together in woe or glee as the season wears on..

tiproast
03-12-2015, 07:32 AM
You caught some flack for your position but i cant blame you cause that post was provocative. Then again, he was also correcting an inaccurate statement so since its the first time ive seen anything of the sort from tip, he gets the benefit of the doubt in my book.
Thanks. My approach to posting on this board is either to talk pure football, or to respond to Patriots-related posts only after someone else has brought them into the discussion.

About my post in this thread: it wasn't meant to be snarky, but as I re-read it I can see how it could be taken that way.

My apologies.

feltdizz
03-12-2015, 09:01 AM

how is it trolling? Lemming said he would never get a ring...

which sounded like he didn't know he just won one.

RuthlessBurgher
03-12-2015, 10:13 AM
how is it trolling? Lemming said he would never get a ring...

which sounded like he didn't know he just won one.

Yeah, if he said he would never get ANOTHER ring, then that is obviously true after signing a long term deal with the awful Jets.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-12-2015, 10:52 AM
Thanks. My approach to posting on this board is either to talk pure football, or to respond to Patriots-related posts only after someone else has brought them into the discussion.

About my post in this thread: it wasn't meant to be snarky, but as I re-read it I can see how it could be taken that way.

My apologies.
Well done, sir!
:Clap:Clap:Clap:Cheers:Cheers:Cheers

papillon
03-12-2015, 11:12 AM

My apologies.

Well, this isn't pure football or Patriots related, but, Have you shoveled yourself out of your driveway yet?

Pappy

birtikidis
03-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Yeah, if he said he would never get ANOTHER ring, then that is obviously true after signing a long term deal with the awful Jets.
Maybe he meant a ring that wasn't tainted...

hausparty
03-12-2015, 11:18 AM
My vote is to get rid of this thread and all the other threads about players we were never going to get in the first place.

Slapstick
03-12-2015, 12:38 PM
The Bush thread should go, then...

RuthlessBurgher
03-12-2015, 01:08 PM
The Bush thread should go, then...

But then roughly half of hausparty's 247 total posts will go up in smoke!

feltdizz
03-12-2015, 01:27 PM
My vote is to get rid of this thread and all the other threads about players we were never going to get in the first place.

Do you realize what you just did to yourself McFly?

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6v046HDsA1rozk7ho3_500.gif

RuthlessBurgher
03-12-2015, 01:48 PM
One interesting possible Steeler-related caveat as a result of the Revis signing...

We all assumed that the Steelers would be chosen to play up in Foxboro for the season opener on Thursday Night Football, and would be undermanned in that contest because Le'Veon Bell is expected to be suspended for the first couple games of the year.

Well, now that the Jets poached Revis away from New England, perhaps the schedulers decide to bring Revis back to Foxboro for opening night instead? And that could mean that we'd go to New England later in the season with Le'Veon available to play.

Slapstick
03-12-2015, 01:54 PM
One interesting possible Steeler-related caveat as a result of the Revis signing...

We all assumed that the Steelers would be chosen to play up in Foxboro for the season opener on Thursday Night Football, and would be undermanned in that contest because Le'Veon Bell is expected to be suspended for the first couple games of the year.

Well, now that the Jets poached Revis away from New England, perhaps the schedulers decide to bring Revis back to Foxboro for opening night instead? And that could mean that we'd go to New England later in the season with Le'Veon available to play.

Oh yeah! Jets with a new coach as well...

Discipline of Steel
03-12-2015, 02:09 PM

We that is really reaching but hey, we are up to 6 pages now and finally have a hint of a true Steeler connection regarding Revis.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Hindsight being 20-20, I've heard the Steelers would have taken Revis if he was available (he went one slot before Timmons). Knowing that, a couple of quick questions.

Would Revis still be a Steeler today? Would he have been as good, having to play zone instead of manning up? In other words, would Revis Island even exist? What would have become of our LB's minus Timmons? Would they have made the same move for Woodley in that same draft (iirc, they traded up/down to get Wood)?

RuthlessBurgher
03-12-2015, 05:31 PM
We didn't trade up or down for Woodley. We stayed put and he fell to us in round 2.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-12-2015, 05:49 PM
We didn't trade up or down for Woodley. We stayed put and he fell to us in round 2.
don't you hate it when you ask a question and people answer the wrong part.

me: you know that sweater freddy kruger had -- it was red and i'm not sure if the stripes were black or green -- but, how'd THAT survive the fire undamaged?
ruthless: it was green

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

tiproast
03-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Well, this isn't pure football or Patriots related, but, Have you shoveled yourself out of your driveway yet?

Pappy
Lots and lots and lots of shoveling. But not 100% sick of the snow - also did some winter hiking in the White Mountains in NH at the end of February.

I am ready for spring. But there's still about 16" of snow on my lawn.

How are things in PA?

tiproast
03-12-2015, 05:55 PM

True - and with no Wilfork, there's a good chance the Pats will struggle stopping the run. On the other hand, a game later in the season gives the Patriots more time to figure out their defensive backfield rotation. The best time to catch the Pats struggling might be earlier in the season.