PDA

View Full Version : Keenan Lewis Wants out of New Orleans

phillyesq
03-10-2015, 04:55 PM
According to a guy named Mike Triplett, a Saints writer on twitter.

If the Steelers could trade a mid round pick for Lewis it would really open up the draft. Lewis, Gay and Blake is an acceptable top 3. If Cortez Allen rebounds, corner could be a strength. You add another corner in the draft, but it's not necessarily a need in the first two rounds.

hawaiiansteel
03-10-2015, 05:01 PM

If the Steelers could trade a mid round pick for Lewis it would really open up the draft. Lewis, Gay and Blake is an acceptable top 3. If Cortez Allen rebounds, corner could be a strength. You add another corner in the draft, but it's not necessarily a need in the first two rounds.

I'm pretty sure the Steelers are not going to be willing to guarantee the last 3 years of Lewis' contract...

https://twitter.com/miketriplett/status/575384556397723648

Slapstick
03-10-2015, 05:13 PM
According to sportrac, the Saints would take a bath capwise on Keenan's contract...his dead money is almost $3 million more than his cap hit...

phillyesq
03-10-2015, 05:37 PM
I'm pretty sure the Steelers are not going to be willing to guarantee the last 3 years of Lewis' contract...

https://twitter.com/miketriplett/status/575384556397723648

No, but he is due roughly $13 million over the next 3 years. You give him a signing bonus and lower the base salaries - maybe even add a year - and he'll be happy. He wants the guarantee because of all the turnover and upheaval in New Orleans.

hawaiiansteel
03-10-2015, 05:39 PM
No, but he is due roughly $13 million over the next 3 years. You give him a signing bonus and lower the base salaries - maybe even add a year - and he'll be happy.

like his good buddy Mike Wallace, I'm not convinced Keenan Lewis will ever be happy for long...

steeler_george
03-10-2015, 05:40 PM
hmmm, wasn't his contract cap value friendly? Would it be the same to resign Mcbain or any other 2nd tier DB in FA?

Eddie Spaghetti
03-10-2015, 05:41 PM
No, but he is due roughly $13 million over the next 3 years. You give him a signing bonus and lower the base salaries - maybe even add a year - and he'll be happy. He wants the guarantee because of all the turnover and upheaval in New Orleans.

the steelers should seriously consider something like this

lewis is a substantial upgrade over McCain, IMO

steeler_george
03-10-2015, 05:50 PM
the steelers should seriously consider something like this

lewis is a substantial upgrade over McCain, IMO

agreed! then focus on bpa in draft if we get our olb in fa too!

BradshawsHairdresser
03-10-2015, 07:43 PM
Doesn't sound to me as though he wants out of N'awleens that bad...

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/03/new_orleans_saints_keenan_lewis_time_to_take_my_ta lent_somewhere_else.html#incart_related_stories

squidkid
03-10-2015, 08:02 PM
Did tomlin have a change of heart about him?

steeler_george
03-10-2015, 08:37 PM

i keep thinking about this, 1st round draft pick db (bpa), gay, allen rebounds, mcbain, blake, and surprise trade in the 5th round for lewis! talk about upgrade in db!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-10-2015, 10:55 PM
As you guys know, it's not unusual in business for the situation to be that if you quit, you're not really welcome back. That attitude certainly has some negatives, but it can keep people from leaving for trivial reasons.

Does that apply to NFL employment for the players? I mean, management is all welcome and lovey-dovey after someone walks?

Especially in this case ... didn't he leave saying oh how he loved Pittsburgh, but it was his chance to get back home to N.O.? And now?

Just some random thoughts. I guess if he has skills we need and is confirmed as not having morphed into a locker room cancer, it's at least something to consider strongly ...