PDA

View Full Version : If the Steelers were reading this....

Discipline of Steel
03-03-2015, 08:11 AM
....who in the organization would you shout out to and what would you want to tell them?
Ill take the first stab at it...

James Harrison - We know you love him but please dont follow Dick LeBeau over to Tennessee! You have carried the Steeler banner of toughness and intimidation so well for us over the years. We need you to be a leader now more than ever to show the new generation of Steelers how to be great! It would be a travesty for you to end your career in anonymity when you could stay in Pittsburgh and help Ben bring us to the promised land THIS SEASON. Go out like the Bus!!!

BradshawsHairdresser
03-03-2015, 09:53 AM
I'll bet James would agree to play for the Steelers if they would offer him a contract. Right now, I'm not sure that's in their plans. They may be thinking that they'll just keep him on speed dial as injury insurance, like they did last year. But now that he's training, I'm thinking if the Steelers don't make him an offer early on, he may indeed follow his beloved coach LeBeau down to Nashville for a season.

SidSmythe
03-03-2015, 11:15 AM
I highly doubt Harrison is dying for a contract this soon.

The only reason he came out of retirement was b/c the Steelers offered him a contract. If he plays anywhere else other than Pittsburgh he would be going against his kids wishes. They were upset he was returning to the NFL until he said he was returning to the Steelers.

I don't see a team other than the Steelers as an option.

Having said that..... if I were Harrison I would tell the Steelers, "I'm ready when you need me"

Slapstick
03-03-2015, 12:03 PM
I highly doubt Harrison is dying for a contract this soon.

The only reason he came out of retirement was b/c the Steelers offered him a contract. If he plays anywhere else other than Pittsburgh he would be going against his kids wishes. They were upset he was returning to the NFL until he said he was returning to the Steelers.

I don't see a team other than the Steelers as an option.

Having said that..... if I were Harrison I would tell the Steelers, "I'm ready when you need me"

If the Steelers are letting Worilds go, then Harrison is pretty much a must sign, isn't he?

feltdizz
03-03-2015, 12:49 PM
If the Steelers are letting Worilds go, then Harrison is pretty much a must sign, isn't he?

I would think so...

RuthlessBurgher
03-03-2015, 02:11 PM

Unless you re-sign Arthur Moats, then also sign an outside veteran free agent OLB like McPhee, Morgan, Orakpo, Graham, etc., and then draft a rookie OLB with an early pick like Dupree, Harold, Odighizuwa, Orchard, etc.

Slapstick
03-03-2015, 03:30 PM
Unless you re-sign Arthur Moats, then also sign an outside veteran free agent OLB like McPhee, Morgan, Orakpo, Graham, etc., and then draft a rookie OLB with an early pick like Dupree, Harold, Odighizuwa, Orchard, etc.

I can envision any two of those three happening...but, I would be doubtful of all three...

pfelix73
03-03-2015, 04:05 PM
Let's not forget that these older vets don't like going thru training camp either. Hell, no one ENJOYS going thru camp. With that said, he may not 'sign' until after camp already starts....

birtikidis
03-03-2015, 04:22 PM
Well that got off track pretty quick lol.
If it were me, I'd want to talk to Troy. He just seems like a good all around guy.
I'd tell him to not listen to the numbnuts on the message boards that feel that he "has lost a step" or "doesn't have it anymore" because they're obviously comparing him to his GREAT years. I would let him know that he doesn't have to be THAT TROY anymore and that he's still in the top 1/3 of safeties in the league. I'd tell him that Steeler fans have obviously forgotten what Lee Flowers and some of the other mediocre guys we've had were.

feltdizz
03-03-2015, 05:26 PM
Well that got off track pretty quick lol.
If it were me, I'd want to talk to Troy. He just seems like a good all around guy.
I'd tell him to not listen to the numbnuts on the message boards that feel that he "has lost a step" or "doesn't have it anymore" because they're obviously comparing him to his GREAT years. I would let him know that he doesn't have to be THAT TROY anymore and that he's still in the top 1/3 of safeties in the league. I'd tell him that Steeler fans have obviously forgotten what Lee Flowers and some of the other mediocre guys we've had were.

pretty sure Troy doesn't read message boards. Might do more damage by telling him that the boards are down on him right now.

hausparty
03-03-2015, 05:32 PM
You know what I'm going to say.
Front Office - Bring in Reggie because our starter was a dumb A$$ last season while off the clock.

Rara
03-04-2015, 12:42 PM
NFL Draft Diamonds ‏@DraftDiamonds 2m2 minutes ago
As we reported last night Cary Williams has over a dozen teams calling for his services per @RavensInsider

Steelers have to be one of those teams, right?