PDA

View Full Version : Bush!!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-25-2015, 08:09 PM
Released by Lions per ESPN.

Lightning and Lightning in the Black and Gold backfield!

feltdizz
02-25-2015, 08:11 PM
Released by Lions per ESPN.

Lightning and Lightning in the Black and Gold backfield!

Available for 6 to 8 games a year...

Rara
02-25-2015, 08:27 PM
Injury-prone and probably will not accept the backup role.

SidSmythe
02-25-2015, 09:58 PM
If he couldn't light it up in Detroit last yr I don't think he'll be anything special w the Steelers. No Thanks

The Man of Steel
02-25-2015, 11:41 PM
I say no to Reggie Bum.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-25-2015, 11:54 PM
Remember, we're not looking for a #1, just a #2 who isn't a bum. We don't need someone to light us up, we've got that already.

Only downside is that Lighting (Bell) is better paired with more of a Thunder-type runner (who won't pout and then refuse to play) than Bush is.

I agree, even if we wanted him and could afford him, he probably wants to be the #1 somewhere. Worth talking to him, for sure, and I bet/hope we do!

BradshawsHairdresser
02-26-2015, 12:29 AM
If he couldn't light it up in Detroit last yr I don't think he'll be anything special w the Steelers. No ThanksAfter the problems our RBs had last pre-season, I don't think I'd want a RB that "lights it up," if you know what I mean...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-26-2015, 01:43 AM
After the problems our RBs had last pre-season, I don't think I'd want a RB that "lights it up," if you know what I mean... Nominate for the Stonio Holmes Post of the Year Award of 2015!

hausparty
02-26-2015, 09:45 AM
Talk about the perfect backup for bell. He's there for the taking so unless Reggie is trying to be a starter I say we do everything we can to get him. No game plan change needed for Reggie

Starlifter
02-26-2015, 10:53 AM
man i don't know. I agree we need a reliable backup, but bush will be expensive and may not embrace that role like bettis did. having said that, with the steelers history of making ZERO splash in free agency - not sure this is even worth the debate.

7 UP
02-26-2015, 10:54 AM
Talk about the perfect backup for bell. He's there for the taking so unless Reggie is trying to be a starter I say we do everything we can to get him. No game plan change needed for Reggie

Oft injured, and wont be happy with his role on the team. Pass.

phillyesq
02-26-2015, 12:25 PM
I have no interest in Reggie Bush at all. I'd prefer Helu.

Oviedo
02-26-2015, 12:39 PM
Bush misses way too much time for injuries

Oviedo
02-26-2015, 12:39 PM
I have no interest in Reggie Bush at all. I'd prefer Helu.

I agree. Helu would be a better add

hausparty
02-26-2015, 01:19 PM
Helu over Bush? We are kidding right?

Anyone watch the games in which we actually TRIED to use Blount? Our entire offense looked totally different and we sucked to put it simply.

Bush may of missed playing time because he was 'hurt" but Helu missed playing time because Morris was just better.

hausparty
02-26-2015, 01:20 PM
Cut Troy, save space and lets get a difference maker at the RB position so Bell doesn't have to play 99% of the time, again a lesson we learned with Willie Parker.

Bluto
02-26-2015, 01:21 PM
I know he has been injured a bit. But if Deangelo Williams would come at the right price. I may give him a look. If his role is back up he can be very effective with limited carries to help keep him healthy. Dont think he would be like Blount complaining bout touches.

hawaiiansteel
02-26-2015, 01:32 PM
http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/44217-Bush!!

feltdizz
02-26-2015, 01:49 PM
I know he has been injured a bit. But if Deangelo Williams would come at the right price. I may give him a look. If his role is back up he can be very effective with limited carries to help keep him healthy. Dont think he would be like Blount complaining bout touches.

probably injured more than Bush... no thanks

feltdizz
02-26-2015, 01:50 PM
Remember, we're not looking for a #1, just a #2 who isn't a bum. We don't need someone to light us up, we've got that already.

Only downside is that Lighting (Bell) is better paired with more of a Thunder-type runner (who won't pout and then refuse to play) than Bush is.

I agree, even if we wanted him and could afford him, he probably wants to be the #1 somewhere. Worth talking to him, for sure, and I bet/hope we do!

Who was the Thunder RB he was paired with where it worked?

7 UP
02-26-2015, 02:02 PM

Its a nice thought. I used to be a Deangelo Williams fan back in the day, but its over for him. I watched the guy play a few times this year, and the burst just wasnt there. It might have been do to injury, IDK. But to me he looked like a 40 year old RB. As a back up he could fit but I would rather bring someone in with some tread on the tires.

phillyesq
02-26-2015, 02:21 PM
Helu over Bush? We are kidding right?

Anyone watch the games in which we actually TRIED to use Blount? Our entire offense looked totally different and we sucked to put it simply.

Bush may of missed playing time because he was 'hurt" but Helu missed playing time because Morris was just better.

Helu: 42 Rec, 477 Yds, 2 TD; 5.4 YPC

Bush: 40 Rec, 253 Yds, 0 TD; 3.9 YPC

And Bush was in a functional offense.

Slapstick
02-26-2015, 02:58 PM
Helu: 42 Rec, 477 Yds, 2 TD; 5.4 YPC

Bush: 40 Rec, 253 Yds, 0 TD; 3.9 YPC

And Bush was in a functional offense.

And if you compare their respective rushing totals?!?

Bush still looks bad by comparison....

hausparty
02-26-2015, 03:51 PM
I love stats just like the next guy but do you honestly think stats tell the true story between Bush and Helu?

Stats aside who is more like Bell after he catches a pass? Bush has been banged up and they said it today on Chicago Bear Radio that Bush regained his burst late last year and he would be a GEM for some team. (I live in the Midwest and I'm stuck with Bears news) LOL If you want to complain about the Steelers I dare you to listen to the Bears Radio for a week so you can be grateful for what we have in Pittsburgh.

We need a guy who doesn't alter the gameplan like Blount did or like Tate did in the playoffs. (Granted he had no time to learn but you could see the difference in our offense quickly)

Bush is already being labeled as a Patriot so again I ask why not US? We are without a true starter for 2 games this year and BUSH is good enough for 2 games and some much needed rest for Bell.

squidkid
02-26-2015, 03:55 PM
so we had a good backup last year on the cheap and didnt use him so now people want to pay 2 times as much on a backup and not use him?

hausparty
02-26-2015, 03:56 PM
3 previous years he had no less then 900 yards rushing.
80 receptions in 2013.

Again we need a true starter for 2 games and every fan in this league knows Reggie is a threat catching the ball out of the backfield.

Helu has been a lifetime BACKUP and his best receiving year was 2011 with just 59 catches and his best rushing season was the same year at 640. Hes been on the DECLINE every since so if we want CHEAPER sure lets grab HELU, if we want a true BELL plug and play we spend the extra $$$ and we get BUSH!

hausparty
02-26-2015, 03:59 PM
We did use BLOUNT and when we did we got killed or looked horrible! BLOUNT was no BELL out of the backfield! Once we played our gameplan and used Bell 99% of the time we started to win and we started to put up the points.
Don't you remember the Browns loss? We tried to use Blount on many series and it FAILED MISERABLY! The only time Blount did great was in mop up time against the Panthers.

Bell / Bush makes sense! Nothing else will in a Haley system unless Archer improves drastically.

Eddie Spaghetti
02-26-2015, 04:03 PM
so we had a good backup last year on the cheap and didnt use him so now people want to pay 2 times as much on a backup and not use him?

Don't forget spending a 3-4th round draft pick for more depth

hausparty
02-26-2015, 04:05 PM
One more note: If we are developing Archer again why not bring in a guy like a BUSH to help with that development? Helu is not going to provide that for the youngster.

I just cant see anything else making anymore sense for this team and with the leagues TOUGHEST schedule coming up why not load up on the offensive side of the ball with a true veteran leader.

hausparty
02-26-2015, 04:08 PM
I can still see the TD pass to Bell in the Cincy game in Cincinatti! To think Blount would have ever made that play is foolish but to know Reggie Bush could have is easy!

Bryant stretching the field
AB doing his thing and proving much needed YAC.
Miller being Miller in the middle
Bell and Bush providing that DUMP off as needed
The Line pulling for those sweeps for both Bell and Bush which is what they are both good at and what our OL is good at!

Again no better fit for this team, this year unless Archer becomes like Bush in 1 year.

Eddie Spaghetti
02-26-2015, 04:08 PM
How is a back up RB fresh off the boat supposed to come in a be a leader?

hausparty
02-26-2015, 04:16 PM
Do you not watch football? You are seriously going to call Bush an ordinary backup? WOW!
Ok lets sign Helu! WOW WOW and WOW

hausparty
02-26-2015, 04:19 PM
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/08/reggie-bush-detroit-lions/

Funny how the Lions looked to the backup as a leader. He does have a RING.

Eddie Spaghetti
02-26-2015, 04:23 PM
I don't follow the lions, so will take your word for it

How can he come to Pittsburgh and be a leader? And why do you feel the offense needs one with Ben, Antonio, pounce, Ramon, and heath already there

hausparty
02-26-2015, 04:29 PM
He can be the leader to ARCHER, just Archer! We all know Archer isn't ready yet and he may never be ready.
Bush can also be a veteran leader when Bell is sitting at home on his 2 game suspension.

Eddie Spaghetti
02-26-2015, 04:33 PM
Im sorry, but that makes zero sense. Archers problems have nothing to do with needing leadership.

Again, why do you think the steelers offense needs another leader? Glance at the players listed above. Do you feel they are inadequate?

hausparty
02-26-2015, 04:40 PM
Ok let's keep it simple.
Did Blount influence bell with pot and that lifestyle? Do you think Bush can help with leadership in that area?
Do we need a RB? Who is a better fit?
No such thing as too many leadership.

phillyesq
02-26-2015, 04:45 PM
I love stats just like the next guy but do you honestly think stats tell the true story between Bush and Helu?

Stats aside who is more like Bell after he catches a pass? Bush has been banged up and they said it today on Chicago Bear Radio that Bush regained his burst late last year and he would be a GEM for some team. (I live in the Midwest and I'm stuck with Bears news) LOL If you want to complain about the Steelers I dare you to listen to the Bears Radio for a week so you can be grateful for what we have in Pittsburgh.

We need a guy who doesn't alter the gameplan like Blount did or like Tate did in the playoffs. (Granted he had no time to learn but you could see the difference in our offense quickly)

Bush is already being labeled as a Patriot so again I ask why not US? We are without a true starter for 2 games this year and BUSH is good enough for 2 games and some much needed rest for Bell.

Helu can run inside or outside, he is 3 years younger, and he has a much better history of health. Not to mention, he put up better numbers last year playing in a terrible offense. And, he is likely to be cheaper.

For two games, you can use Helu/Archer/Harris and be absolutely fine. He provides balance - certainly more than Josh Harris or signing Tate off the street for one game. Helu is not Bell, but nobody is. If you count on Bush for 2 games, you can't run inside the tackles at all and he'll probably be hurt for one of the games.

phillyesq
02-26-2015, 04:46 PM
Ok let's keep it simple.
Did Blount influence bell with pot and that lifestyle? Do you think Bush can help with leadership in that area?

Bush has never lived up to his billing. If you want somebody as a veteran leader for 2 games, sign Jackson.

Eddie Spaghetti
02-26-2015, 04:47 PM
You are all over the place

We have plenty of leaders on offense. If you want Bush, and I think you are for signing him, that's OK. But don't couch his veteran leadership as a reason to sign him. That's pretty silly

hausparty
02-26-2015, 04:54 PM
Again let's keep it simple.
Who is our starting rb in week 1?

hausparty
02-26-2015, 04:58 PM
Which one of those amazing offensive leaders carries the ball? LOL

Eddie Spaghetti
02-26-2015, 05:12 PM
yeah, you are right.

our 2 time superbowl winning QB will happily sit down and take leadership lessons from a newly acquired RB. that makes sense.

hope we get him

phillyesq
02-26-2015, 05:13 PM
Again let's keep it simple.
Who is our starting rb in week 1?

Holy crap. Right now it's Josh Harris. Any RBs out there in the first?

Come on. Its incredibly shortsighted to look at 1 week. And, quite frankly, if I'm looking at a starter for 2 games, I'd take Helu, the younger and likely cheaper player.

hausparty
02-26-2015, 05:19 PM
Eddie Spahetti you are a HOT MESS!
So what you are saying is the offense can only have 1 leader? Again do you not watch this team? Fast Willie had who? Who did he thank at the Superbowl for teaching him things? Yep HOF Jerome Bettis aka a good leader.
Limas sweed dropped a huge pass down the sideline against the Ravens I believe and who was the first on the field to tell him to shake it off? Yep future HOF Hines Ward! Too many leaders back then?

Our Prize YOUNG RB was out with Blount with some ladies and some joints prior to the flight of a game. I mean really! Was BEN there? You don't think adding a Reggie Bush gives them too many leaders and makes Ben have to stand down? really? That's DUMB! real DUMB.

Read the steeler news at all? Just last year this team was questioned for its lack of leadership in regard to the Blount and Bell situation and yet today we have all these leaders? OK! Give me a break. Adding a Superbowl champ who is ok with being a backup and helping anyway he can is never a bad thing and if anything it extends Bush's career which is win for him on a selfish level.

Take leadership off the table: Who can we rely on that wont change our gameplan drastically for weeks 1 and 2? say it with me. REGGIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE REGGIEEEEEEEEEEEEE

squidkid
02-26-2015, 05:20 PM
so bush is so great and such a leader but detroit CUT him?

hausparty
02-26-2015, 05:23 PM
I'll take HELU but I want REGGIEE! Helu will alter our game plan drastically and I think that hurts us just like trying to get Tate up to speed for 1 playoff game.
Plug n Play a guy without changing gameplan. Bell, Bush, and Archer can go full speed ahead with the exact same gameplan for all 3 of them.

Also who is better picking up the blitz and blocking? Bush has a pretty good rep for picking up the blitz and blocking! Sound familiar to anyone we currently have on this team? Lets keep it real guys.

I'll settle for HELU but we should all "want" Bush.

hausparty
02-26-2015, 05:23 PM
Squidkid - They sure did!
Detroit doesn't need a starting RB for weeks 1 and 2 do they? We do!

squidkid
02-26-2015, 05:26 PM

you wanna spend 4+ million a year for a guy to start 2 games for us then get maybe 5 touches/game the rest of the year?
that is 5/game for the 8-10 that he is healthy

RuthlessBurgher
02-26-2015, 05:28 PM
How in the world does Reggie Freaking Bush's release get 5 pages of discussion on a Steelers board? There are many other better players available at the RB in free agency. DeMarco Murray, Mark Ingram, C.J. Spiller, Justin Forsett, Ryan Matthews, Frank Gore, Knowshon Moreno, Shane Vereen, and, yes...even Roy Helu. Hell, Ahmad Bradshaw gets hurt every season, but he just might be okay for just 2 games as a bellcow then administering small doses of relief for Bell when needed for the remaining games until Bradshaw inevitably ends up on I.R. at some point during the season. If you are looking for name value, then go ahead and sign Bush, but it seems like he is approaching the Chris Johnson/DeAngelo Williams/Darren McFadden stage of his career, where their reputation greatly exceeds any actual productivity at that point (all of which are also available this offseason as well, by the way). Reggie Bush shared a backfield with Lendale White in college and how long has that guy been out of the league (seems like forever ago that whale was abusing Terrible Towels).

hausparty
02-26-2015, 05:30 PM
Yes I sure do! The Patriots seem to want to do that!
Lets plug in Bush to last years playoff game? Would that 4 million have been worth it?

Worilds 10 million could be gone and Troy P's millions as well. Would it be safe to say Bush could help us a lot more than TROY P? Can Bush extend Bell's career a bit and save wear and tear without us really missing a beat on offense? HELL YES

hausparty
02-26-2015, 05:31 PM
whale was abusing Terrible Towels

sorry this is all I could focus on! LOL

RuthlessBurgher
02-26-2015, 05:31 PM

Lord knows that Joique Bell, Theo Riddick, and George Winn is a dominant level gangbusters RB corps.

squidkid
02-26-2015, 05:34 PM
ok. you convinced me.
cut everybody and give bush 10 million.
im sure bush's 5 carries a game will account for 15 sacks from our olbs, 8 ints for our cbs.......

squidkid
02-26-2015, 05:35 PM
Lord knows that Joique Bell, Theo Riddick, and George Winn is a dominant level gangbusters RB corps.

lol.............only A.P. and Lynch couud steal carries away from that bunch

hausparty
02-26-2015, 05:35 PM
Ingram doesn't catch out of the backfield and man I wish he did - (had him in fantasy) Doesn't fit our scheme at all.
Murray - We all know we can't afford him.
Justin Forsett, Ryan Matthews, Frank Gore, Knowshon Moreno (might as well call these BLOUNT type runners) SO NO! Plus Forsett is too pricey and heading to Atlanta.
Spiller - No thanks
Bradshaw - Yes prior to the latest injury, no thanks now.
Helu - Possibly if we seriously are that cheap but this dude has always been a backup! We need a STARTING RB remember for 2 games.
Vereen - No clue on this one because I hate PATRIOT players and just don't want them on my team.

Bush out of the backfield is amazing, Bush blocking is Solid, Bush sweep left with the pulling of DeCastro sounds like heaven to me. Bush starting for 2 games and relieving Bell for a series or two has me singing HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO because I know its not Run up the middle for 2 yards, Run up the middle for 2 yards. It's do "EXACTLY" what we currently do on offense and how can you not like that approach?

Blount did what in the SuperBowl with his runs up the middle? Its not our gameplan anymore guys, its just not! I miss it tooo but with Haley's system we are different and we need to INVEST in Bell's future and we need to invest now.

hausparty
02-26-2015, 05:38 PM
I know we are cheap but that doesn't mean us as fans have to think just as cheap! HELU cheap. Come on!

hausparty
02-26-2015, 05:41 PM
AMEN behind the steelcurtain thinks the same as me! Thank you JESUS!

The Steelers aren't in the market for a feature back. With a possible suspension looming for Le'Veon Bell, the Steelers need a viable, consistent veteran backup. In fact, Bush's skill set is nearly identical to Bell's. Of course, Bell is a far better pure runner, but both are elusive, both are excellent pass catchers and both are noted for their proficiency in pass protection.

Bush will likely come cheap, given his age and injury history, and most importantly, he won't come into a team expecting to contend for the lion's share of the carries. He's only surpassed the 200 carry mark twice in his career, and he's never exceeded 227 in a single season. Although his age indicates a red flag for an NFL running back, his usage suggests otherwise.

The Steelers are facing the possibility of being left with two running backs -- Dri Archer and Josh Harris -- as the only running backs on their roster during Bell's potential suspension. Giving the ineffectiveness of the running game during the Steelers' 30-17 loss to Baltimore in the playoffs, life without Bell has presented itself as quite the quandary.

hausparty
02-26-2015, 05:42 PM
say it with me. REGGIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

hausparty
02-26-2015, 05:43 PM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-free-agency-news-rumors-signings-2015-steelers/2015/2/26/8110597/2015-nfl-free-agency-lions-cut-reggie-bush

phillyesq
02-26-2015, 05:46 PM
Yes I sure do! The Patriots seem to want to do that!
Lets plug in Bush to last years playoff game? Would that 4 million have been worth it?

Worilds 10 million could be gone and Troy P's millions as well. Would it be safe to say Bush could help us a lot more than TROY P? Can Bush extend Bell's career a bit and save wear and tear without us really missing a beat on offense? HELL YES

The offense still would have been largely one dimensional and Bush vs. Tate likely wouldn't have changed the outcome at all.

Eddie Spaghetti
02-26-2015, 05:50 PM
The offense still would have been largely one dimensional and Bush vs. Tate likely wouldn't have changed the outcome at all.

do you even watch football, bro?

hausparty
02-26-2015, 05:52 PM
I disagree! How many times was Ben Sacked again? Where was Bell to block or where was Bell for the dump off? Sure couldn't ask TATE to do that with 1 week of practice.

I cant count how many times I said DAMN BELL IS GOOD last year! I think we can all say the same thing sometimes when Bush gets the ball in the open field and if he can block then BONUS!

Early reports are stating Vereen will want 4 million and Bush can be had for 2million. If that true then lets get this guy signed!

phillyesq
02-26-2015, 05:59 PM
do you even watch football, bro?

I do and I'm not impressed with Reggie Bush at all.

hausparty
02-26-2015, 06:04 PM
I honestly don't care who we sign but to me I don't want to change our gameplan to fit the guy we sign. We did that last year and it didn't work with Blount.
Haley runs a certain offense and we need to find a back that fits into that scheme so if there is a better and cheaper fit I'm all for it but I sure don't want the Steelers to spend and entire training camp trying to make 1 RB fit in for just 1 or 2 games.

Much rather have a plug n play solution so we don't skip a beat as we do have the toughest schedule and could open up vs the champs in week 1. Will Reggie be in a Patriots uniform that week instead?

feltdizz
02-26-2015, 06:41 PM
Ok let's keep it simple.

How many times was Blount caught with weed before coming to Pittsburgh? Don't let Bells on field play fool you. Plenty of NFL players smoke weed.

hausparty
02-26-2015, 06:58 PM
Very true. AB looks stoned all the time.
However how many NFL vets know where and when to smoke it? It was a dumb move and having more veteran leadership isn't a bad thing. We didn't sign Blount for his leadership nor did we sign him to be bell. We tried the Bettis and Parker approach and that doesn't work under Haley. Check now let's get it right and get Bush.

Eddie Spaghetti
02-26-2015, 07:00 PM
and there it is

bash the steelers, praise the pats

sound familiar?

SS Laser
02-26-2015, 08:29 PM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-free-agency-news-rumors-signings-2015-steelers/2015/2/26/8110597/2015-nfl-free-agency-lions-cut-reggie-bush I am to lazy to see if the ones arguing with you want a "veteran" OLB signed. But I see no problem with the veteran Bush AT THE RIGHT PRICE. He does have a nice fit for Haley's offense. But I have to disagree with the notion we need a STARTING caliber RB for 2 games. We need a back up RB period. The game plan will have to be different no matter the back up RB IMO.

hausparty
02-26-2015, 09:42 PM
I should rephrase because you are correct.
we need a backup running back who is CAPABLE of starting if and only if needed. That still weighs in the favor of Bush over Help IMO.

feltdizz
02-26-2015, 09:48 PM
Very true. AB looks stoned all the time.
However how many NFL vets know where and when to smoke it? It was a dumb move and having more veteran leadership isn't a bad thing. We didn't sign Blount for his leadership nor did we sign him to be bell. We tried the Bettis and Parker approach and that doesn't work under Haley. Check now let's get it right and get Bush.

We didnt try the Parker, Bettis approach...

We gave Bell 95% of the touches and barely used Blount.

Lets be honest about our rushing attack. It was pretty pathetic outside of the Tennessee, Cincinnati and Carolina games. Bell had less than 65 yards on the ground in 8 games.

Our ground attack still needs work and Bush is a guy who gets injured in warm ups.. sorry but he isn't reliable.

phillyesq
02-26-2015, 10:41 PM
We didnt try the Parker, Bettis approach...

We gave Bell 95% of the touches and barely used Blount.

Lets be honest about our rushing attack. It was pretty pathetic outside of the Tennessee, Cincinnati and Carolina games. Bell had less than 65 yards on the ground in 8 games.

Our ground attack still needs work and Bush is a guy who gets injured in warm ups.. sorry but he isn't reliable.

Marshawn Lynch had under 67 yards in 7 games. Even the best running games get stopped.

I'd like to see the Steelers lighten the load on Bell a bit.

SS Laser
02-26-2015, 11:18 PM
Marshawn Lynch had under 67 yards in 7 games. Even the best running games get stopped.

I'd like to see the Steelers lighten the load on Bell a bit. I can see why this is a hot topic the more I think about it. If GOD FORBID Bell gets hurt or in trouble again the Steelers do need a RB capable of some major touches. Could be why it is a good idea to burn another draft pick on a capable RB? Archer is a WR out of the back field with a carry here and there. It's GREAT that Bell is a great RB but not so good that he is the major cog that this offense runs off now. Can any vet FA out there carry the load if need be? Love Bush's skill set but to injury prone to carry the load. I would even kick the tires on McFadden if going vet FA. Not sure the FO can get over the sour taste in there mouths after last FA season though. So the draft might be the best bet overall.

feltdizz
02-27-2015, 12:09 AM

I'd like to see the Steelers lighten the load on Bell a bit.

I'd like to see the load lightened as well but not with Reggie Bush...

phillyesq
02-27-2015, 09:47 AM
I'd like to see the load lightened as well but not with Reggie Bush...

I completely agree. I'd take just about anybody else from the list that Ruthless had a few pages back. Or a mid-round pick in a draft that is said to be deep at RB.

RuthlessBurgher
02-27-2015, 10:22 AM
I completely agree. I'd take just about anybody else from the list that Ruthless had a few pages back. Or a mid-round pick in a draft that is said to be deep at RB.

Steven Jackson was just released by Atlanta as well. In his prime, he is the closest comparison to Le'Veon Bell that I can recall in recent seasons. At 31, he is certainly not the back that he used to be, but I would think that he would be able to carry the load for a couple of game and be a solid influence on the Bell thereafter (the anti-Blount).

hausparty
02-27-2015, 02:40 PM
Year Week NFL Team Injury Status Injury
2006 9 New Orleans Saints Questionable ankle
2006 10 New Orleans Saints Probable ankle
2007 10 New Orleans Saints Questionable knee
2007 12 New Orleans Saints Questionable shin
2007 14 New Orleans Saints Questionable knee
2007 15 New Orleans Saints Out knee
2007 16 New Orleans Saints Questionable knee
2007 17 New Orleans Saints Out knee
2009 11 New Orleans Saints Questionable knee
2009 12 New Orleans Saints Questionable knee
2009 13 New Orleans Saints Questionable knee
2009 14 New Orleans Saints Probable knee
2009 16 New Orleans Saints Probable hamstring
2010 3 New Orleans Saints Out fibula
2010 4 New Orleans Saints Out fibula
2010 5 New Orleans Saints Out fibula
2010 6 New Orleans Saints Out fibula
2010 7 New Orleans Saints Out fibula
2010 8 New Orleans Saints Out fibula
2010 9 New Orleans Saints Doubtful fibula
2010 11 New Orleans Saints Questionable fibula
2010 12 New Orleans Saints Questionable fibula
2010 17 New Orleans Saints Probable chest
2011 3 Miami Dolphins Probable groin
2011 7 Miami Dolphins Probable groin
2011 8 Miami Dolphins Probable neck
2011 17 Miami Dolphins Out knee
2012 4 Miami Dolphins Questionable knee
2012 5 Miami Dolphins Probable hip
2012 6 Miami Dolphins Probable knee
2013 2 Detroit Lions Probable groin
2013 3 Detroit Lions Questionable knee
2013 4 Detroit Lions Probable knee
2013 8 Detroit Lions Probable knee
2013 10 Detroit Lions Probable knee
2013 11 Detroit Lions Probable knee
2013 14 Detroit Lions Questionable calf
2013 15 Detroit Lions Questionable calf

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/13289/nfl/injury_history/reggie-bush#ixzz3SyKRH5wj

hausparty
02-27-2015, 02:41 PM
I post this above to prove a point! Has he missed an entire year ever? Do we need him to start and play all 16 games?
Will he come cheaper to us because of the above?

We need him in our backfield for 10-20% of the game. It saves wear and tear on the guy and provides BELL a much needed REST.

hausparty
02-27-2015, 02:55 PM
As far as the Bettis/Parker approach we kinda did try but BELL was just way to effective to get BLount in the game but early on in the season we did try:

Week 1 Blount scored on a 7 yard touchdown run but yet finished the game with 6 total rushing yards and 0 catches. We all know what Bell accomplished that game.
Week 2 we got destroyed by the Ravens and Blount had 8 total yards on 3 carries with a long of 6. If we are behind would you want Blount in the game or a pass catching RB such as Bell and in this argument BUSH?
Week 3 we crush the Panthers and is the only true great game and value of Blount - MOPUP TIME as a BRUISER! This is the only reason for us to have a POWERBACK but those are a DIME A DOZEN.
Week 4 after a great week 3 Blount gets 4 carriers and 25 yards. Bell had 6 receptions in the game in the loss once again proving our gameplan which was QUESTIONED that game was focused on the Short passing Screen type game. I believe SNOOP called out Haley after this game. Should we have pounded the rock more in this game with Blount? PROBABLY! But this is the game where we all went a little nuts with Haley.
Week 5 we decided lets give Blount the most in game carries with 8 and he had 3 receptions truly showing we tried the GROUND AND POUND approach after being critized the week before because we didn't use Blount. He sure impressed us this game huh? Bell again adds 5 catches while Blount is no factor in a passing game. We beat the Jaquars. :)
Week 6 is where I prove my BLOUNT POINT. GOTO NFL.COM and read the play by play! This is the 1 game where we truly tried the BETTIS/PARKER approach and all it did was make our offense look BORING and ineffective and Ben's game was horrible because of this approach. We alternated BELL and BLOUNT a lot and I can still remember shaking my head on WHY. You might say Blount was never given a shot but after the Panthers MOP up time the guy did NOTHING FOR US and the threat of a screen play is removed when he's in the game.
Wee 7 - Houston - Blount 7 carries for 9 yards. Again look at Bell!

I just need to stop because its so clear to see what type of back we need for this offense. Injured prone Bush never missed a full season and what he can add in the 10-15% of playing time is the exact thing we need to replace Bell.

THAT SIMPLE!

hausparty
02-27-2015, 03:03 PM
What is Ben famous for? Holding onto the BALL way toooooooo long! How many times did Bell take a dump off and gain a first down last year? Or lets put it a different way! You are playing defense vs the Steelers and Bell or Bush is in the backfield? Would you spy a little with a LB? Would you hold 1 or 2 guys back to spy for the screen? If so what does that do to help our offense?

1. Less pressure on Big Ben because of the SPY allowing him to look downfield for something to develop like Bryant deep?
2. More room in the middle of the field due to the LB's playing up, allowing Ben to dump it over top of them to a wide open Miller?

Again a POUNDER doesn't allow for this situation and I believe Blount wasn't missed when Ben put it to a few teams for 500 yards! Our offense didn't become the talk of the NFL until Blount was out of town and Bryant was on the scene. We changed our identity overnight and it became successful. Lets make the defenses work a little because we don't have that RUNNING TYPE QB to keep those LB's honest. This is exactly why I think the RAVENS game could have been different because some of those sacks could of been avoided with better blocking, a quick dump off to Bell, or LB's not blitzing to spy Bell out of the backfield.

feltdizz
02-27-2015, 03:13 PM
What is Ben famous for? Holding onto the BALL way toooooooo long! How many times did Bell take a dump off and gain a first down last year? Or lets put it a different way! You are playing defense vs the Steelers and Bell or Bush is in the backfield? Would you spy a little with a LB? Would you hold 1 or 2 guys back to spy for the screen? If so what does that do to help our offense?

1. Less pressure on Big Ben because of the SPY allowing him to look downfield for something to develop like Bryant deep?
2. More room in the middle of the field due to the LB's playing up, allowing Ben to dump it over top of them to a wide open Miller?

Again a POUNDER doesn't allow for this situation and I believe Blount wasn't missed when Ben put it to a few teams for 500 yards! Our offense didn't become the talk of the NFL until Blount was out of town and Bryant was on the scene. We changed our identity overnight and it became successful. Lets make the defenses work a little because we don't have that RUNNING TYPE QB to keep those LB's honest. This is exactly why I think the RAVENS game could have been different because some of those sacks could of been avoided with better blocking, a quick dump off to Bell, or LB's not blitzing to spy Bell out of the backfield.

Ben WAS famous for holding onto the ball too long.

Honestly, it sounds like the answer is another BRYANT.. not another Bell clone.

feltdizz
02-27-2015, 03:18 PM
As far as the Bettis/Parker approach we kinda did try but BELL was just way to effective to get BLount in the game but early on in the season we did try:

Week 1 Blount scored on a 7 yard touchdown run but yet finished the game with 6 total rushing yards and 0 catches. We all know what Bell accomplished that game.
Week 2 we got destroyed by the Ravens and Blount had 8 total yards on 3 carries with a long of 6. If we are behind would you want Blount in the game or a pass catching RB such as Bell and in this argument BUSH?
Week 3 we crush the Panthers and is the only true great game and value of Blount - MOPUP TIME as a BRUISER! This is the only reason for us to have a POWERBACK but those are a DIME A DOZEN.
Week 4 after a great week 3 Blount gets 4 carriers and 25 yards. Bell had 6 receptions in the game in the loss once again proving our gameplan which was QUESTIONED that game was focused on the Short passing Screen type game. I believe SNOOP called out Haley after this game. Should we have pounded the rock more in this game with Blount? PROBABLY! But this is the game where we all went a little nuts with Haley.
Week 5 we decided lets give Blount the most in game carries with 8 and he had 3 receptions truly showing we tried the GROUND AND POUND approach after being critized the week before because we didn't use Blount. He sure impressed us this game huh? Bell again adds 5 catches while Blount is no factor in a passing game. We beat the Jaquars. :)
Week 6 is where I prove my BLOUNT POINT. GOTO NFL.COM and read the play by play! This is the 1 game where we truly tried the BETTIS/PARKER approach and all it did was make our offense look BORING and ineffective and Ben's game was horrible because of this approach. We alternated BELL and BLOUNT a lot and I can still remember shaking my head on WHY. You might say Blount was never given a shot but after the Panthers MOP up time the guy did NOTHING FOR US and the threat of a screen play is removed when he's in the game.
Wee 7 - Houston - Blount 7 carries for 9 yards. Again look at Bell!

I just need to stop because its so clear to see what type of back we need for this offense. Injured prone Bush never missed a full season and what he can add in the 10-15% of playing time is the exact thing we need to replace Bell.

THAT SIMPLE!

you are blaming our losses on our #2 RB? really?

I think having a defense that was gashed like crazy and burnt like toast is the reason for most of our losses.

THAT SIMPLE

hausparty
02-27-2015, 03:18 PM
OH MY and this is why I drink.

hausparty
02-27-2015, 03:23 PM
you are blaming our losses on our #2 RB? really?

Again this is why I drink! Where do I BLAME Blount for our losses?

We need another RB and we need one reasonable cheap who can start 2 games and to spell Bell once in awhile. PERIOD! Do we want another Blount type or should we maybe get a mini version of who we have now instead?

Where did we finish in offense again? SNOOP wanted Haleys head when in the season again? BLOUNT DAYS? or POST BLOUNT DAYS? BAM!

feltdizz
02-27-2015, 03:23 PM
This link is why Bush is considered injury prone

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/injury-predictor/player/7751

NFL
Ankle
Bush left his week 5 game with an ankle sprain and missed the following week

NFL
Calf
Bush slipped during the week 14 pre-game warm up and injured his calf forcing him out of the game

NFL
Leg
Bush fractured his right fibula while recovering his own fumbled punt in week 2. He missed 8 games in the season as a result

NFL
knee
Bush injured his knee in practice. The nature of the injury wasn't disclosed but he missed 2 games as a result

NFL
Calf
Bush pulled his calf and missed the preseason games as a result

NFL
knee
Bush had microfracture surgery on his left knee after it was deteremined he had very little cartilage left and was resulting in bone rubbing on bone. He reported swelling in his knee when he first got to training camp in August '09

NFL
knee
Bush tore his meniscus in week 6 and missed 6 more games after he had to have arthroscopic surgery to fix the cartilage

NFL
knee
Bush sprained his left MCL and was placed on IR to end his season in week 15.

NFL
knee
Bush tore his PCL in week 12 and missed the final 4 games of the season.

hausparty
02-27-2015, 03:26 PM
What RB's don't get hurt? This is stupid.

We lost BELL for a playoff game due to INJURY! Should we only pay him 2 million? DUMB, DUMB, and DUMB

However if he's labeled injury prone we can get him cheaper than those others everyone seems to want instead. Bush can block and he can catch out of the backfield and something tells me the dude can Run for more than 7 yards on 6 carries a few times as well. Arian Foster is injury proned too but that dude is beast and he's still making millions.

hausparty
02-27-2015, 03:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lTeZmTRe2Q

Yep he's horrible!

feltdizz
02-27-2015, 03:51 PM
What RB's don't get hurt? This is stupid.

We lost BELL for a playoff game due to INJURY! Should we only pay him 2 million? DUMB, DUMB, and DUMB

However if he's labeled injury prone we can get him cheaper than those others everyone seems to want instead. Bush can block and he can catch out of the backfield and something tells me the dude can Run for more than 7 yards on 6 carries a few times as well. Arian Foster is injury proned too but that dude is beast and he's still making millions.

Only thing stupid is acting like you don't know the definition of injury prone.

feltdizz
02-27-2015, 03:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lTeZmTRe2Q

Yep he's horrible!

stop projecting.. no one said he was horrible.

hausparty
02-27-2015, 04:10 PM
Only thing stupid is acting like you don't know the definition of injury prone.

What type of player is cheaper and best suited for the backup roll? What type of player can reduce injury and extend a career?

An injury prone player? YES! However I still don't see how you can list 9 injuries since 2007 and call him injury prone!

Bell has been hurt every year as well and were not labeling him as injury prone just yet! Bush showed his speed late last year so I could care less about what happened in 2007 -2013 but if that means he's cheaper then awesome.

hausparty
02-27-2015, 04:12 PM
Focus in on the 2:34 mark of the video to show why a guy like BUSH can help BEN and this offense. You will see a blitzing DL coming after the QB only to quickly change his mind once BUSH is out for the pass instead! Again why the Ravens game could have been different with BELL! Its common sense football here! GROUND AND POUND is no longer our style and we need guys to fit what we do best and this play alone describes that very well.

hausparty
02-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Last year I wanted Lance Moore badly and I was wrong so maybe I'm wrong again with Bush but my GUTT really wants this guy bad!
I rarely post so for me to post this much just shows how passionate I feel about this one. No better fit than REGGIE this year IMO!

TROY P's salary can cover Bush and another player such as a TE! We then focus on nothing but D in the draft! How can that be a bad thing moving forward?

feltdizz
02-27-2015, 04:42 PM
What type of player is cheaper and best suited for the backup roll? What type of player can reduce injury and extend a career?

An injury prone player? YES! However I still don't see how you can list 9 injuries since 2007 and call him injury prone!

Bell has been hurt every year as well and were not labeling him as injury prone just yet! Bush showed his speed late last year so I could care less about what happened in 2007 -2013 but if that means he's cheaper then awesome.

I care about 2007-14 because that's a long time for a RB, especially one who missed significant time last year. I don't want a Duece in sweats when we need him.

hausparty
02-27-2015, 04:48 PM
well no RB young or old comes with a NO HURT guarantee.

We are the Steelers and we are CHEAP! If any team can keep Reggie Bush fresh it is the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Bell has been hurt every year so lets protect that as well. If its not Bush its going to be someone else so again I ask who? HELU is the only other option I've heard that somewhat would be ok although to me that's a bad bad bad signing.

hawaiiansteel
02-28-2015, 01:12 AM
Which Vet RB Should Steelers Want?

By Ed Bouchette Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Good morning,

As the Steelers search for a backup halfback to LeVeon Bell or two a number of formerly good veteran backs have become free agents after their teams released them recently or even into last season.

Here is a handful that are available for the signing: Steven Jackson, Reggie Bush, DeAngelo Williams, Ray Rice and Peyton Hillis.

Not a bad group of names, but do any of them have anything left to not only back up Bell but perhaps start two games if he is suspended?

The Steelers are likely to try to sign a veteran running back the way they did last season and then draft one. They may not be in a rush to sign the vet. Remember, they did not sign LeGarrette Blount until March 28. Sometimes with veterans, they let them see what market there is for them if there is any before trying to sign them. Early in the process, a veteran sometimes thinks he is worth more than the market thinks he is worth.

Forget Rice, for the obvious reasons.

Jackson, who will be 32 in July, is a big back who ran for 70-7 yards for the Falcons last season, including 46 on 11 carries against the Steelers Dec. 14. He averaged 3.7 yards a carry and hes had a lot of carries over his 11-year career 2,743.

Bush ran for 1,006 yards and a 4.5-yard average for Detroit in 2013 but played in just 11 games last season and gained only 297 yards on 76 carries. However, he also caught 40 passes last season and 54 the season before. He turns 30 next week.

Williams was hurt last season and he turns 32 in April. He had a nice year in 2013 for Carolina, where he spent his entire nine seasons, and ran for 843 yards and caught 26 passes in 15 games. Last season, injuries limited him to six games, he rushed 62 times for 219 yards and caught five passes.

Hillis had his best season in Cleveland in 2010 when he ran for 1,177 yards and a 4.4-yard average and added 61 pass receptions. However, he managed only 115 yards as a backup with the Giants last season and 247 the previous season. Since that 1,000-yard season, he has run for 587, 309, 247 and 115. He is the youngest of these veteran backs, having turned 29 last month.

One more thing about Rice even without the baggage, he showed a sharp decline in Baltimore in 2012 when he dipped from 1,143 yards and a 4.4-yard average in 2012 to 660 yards and a 3.1-yard average in 2013. He does have good receiving ability with Bell-like numbers in that area. But, the Steelers are not going to sign him.

So, which one should the Steelers sign, assuming they want any of them?

Me, Id take Bush first, but he may have other options, perhaps even back home with the Houston Texans. After that, Id take a pass and find a veteran back somewhere else.

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette

papillon
02-28-2015, 08:32 AM
well no RB young or old comes with a NO HURT guarantee.

We are the Steelers and we are CHEAP! If any team can keep Reggie Bush fresh it is the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Bell has been hurt every year so lets protect that as well. If its not Bush its going to be someone else so again I ask who? HELU is the only other option I've heard that somewhat would be ok although to me that's a bad bad bad signing.

The Steelers being cheap is a misconception that nearly every Steeler fan believes. They appear to be cheap because they do not spend on "other" free agents, they spend on their own and sign deals before they become actual free agents. This takes up cap space and limits signing outside free agents to help. The Steelers have been doing this for decades (successfully, I might add), draft, develop, pay your own, then wash, rinse repeat. Recently, it just hasn't worked out in their favor, most notably Woodley, who at the time deserved the contract he received, but no one could foresee him falling to the levels of play that he did, there really shouldn't be any beef with that signing, it was right at the time, in retrospect, not so much. Unfortunately, you don't get to write contracts in retrospect.

The Steelers have also not been as successful in the draft as they have in the past which hampers their philosophy, they really need players form the last two drafts to step up and play like their draft positions, otherwise, we will see the inconsistencies that we have seen over the past couple years. This year after making some cuts and releases, plus the cap increase they should have some money to spend in free agency and attempt to attract an up and coming player to the Steelers, ie, Houston from the Chiefs, he will be expensive, but he may be worth the money in the long run due to his age and production.

As always, its a risk, because you don't know what you don't know, but he may be well worth the risk to bolster one of the two most glaring issues with the team, pass rush and secondary coverage.

Pappy

papillon
02-28-2015, 08:39 AM

Good morning,

As the Steelers search for a backup halfback to Le’Veon Bell – or two – a number of formerly good veteran backs have become free agents after their teams released them recently or even into last season.

Here is a handful that are available for the signing: Steven Jackson, Reggie Bush, DeAngelo Williams, Ray Rice and Peyton Hillis.

Not a bad group of names, but do any of them have anything left to not only back up Bell but perhaps start two games if he is suspended?

The Steelers are likely to try to sign a veteran running back the way they did last season and then draft one. They may not be in a rush to sign the vet. Remember, they did not sign LeGarrette Blount until March 28. Sometimes with veterans, they let them see what market there is for them – if there is any – before trying to sign them. Early in the process, a veteran sometimes thinks he is worth more than the market thinks he is worth.

Jackson, who will be 32 in July, is a big back who ran for 70-7 yards for the Falcons last season, including 46 on 11 carries against the Steelers Dec. 14. He averaged 3.7 yards a carry and he’s had a lot of carries over his 11-year career – 2,743.

Bush ran for 1,006 yards and a 4.5-yard average for Detroit in 2013 but played in just 11 games last season and gained only 297 yards on 76 carries. However, he also caught 40 passes last season and 54 the season before. He turns 30 next week.

Williams was hurt last season and he turns 32 in April. He had a nice year in 2013 for Carolina, where he spent his entire nine seasons, and ran for 843 yards and caught 26 passes in 15 games. Last season, injuries limited him to six games, he rushed 62 times for 219 yards and caught five passes.

Hillis had his best season in Cleveland in 2010 when he ran for 1,177 yards and a 4.4-yard average and added 61 pass receptions. However, he managed only 115 yards as a backup with the Giants last season and 247 the previous season. Since that 1,000-yard season, he has run for 587, 309, 247 and 115. He is the youngest of these veteran backs, having turned 29 last month.

One more thing about Rice – even without the baggage, he showed a sharp decline in Baltimore in 2012 when he dipped from 1,143 yards and a 4.4-yard average in 2012 to 660 yards and a 3.1-yard average in 2013. He does have good receiving ability with Bell-like numbers in that area. But, the Steelers are not going to sign him.

Me, I’d take Bush first, but he may have other options, perhaps even back home with the Houston Texans. After that, I’d take a pass and find a veteran back somewhere else.

If I were the GM in this situation I would be looking for a backup that number one, doesn't fumble often, is an above average pass receiver and can run behind the blocking scheme that the Steelers employ. I don't think I would be as interested in his actual rushing yardage as the above three things. This RB isn't seeing significant time on the field, the Steelers need a guy that can fit into their offense easily without a vast learning curve. In one of the other threads I compared Bell's touches to an array of HOF backs and his average of 23 touches (rushing and receiving) per game was only slightly higher than most of the HOF backs, so its not like he's being overused and will fall apart.

Edit: I went and found the stats on touches per game.

Emmitt Smith - 19/2.3/21.3
Walter Payton - 20/2.6/22.6
Eric Dickerson - 20.5/2/22.5
Barry Sanders - 20/2.3/22.3
Franco Harris - 17/1.8/18.8
Jim Brown - 20/2.2/22.2
Jerome Bettis - 18/1/19
Le'Veon Bell - 18/5/23 (the highest)

Pappy

Discipline of Steel
02-28-2015, 10:33 AM

Good morning,

As the Steelers search for a backup halfback to Le’Veon Bell – or two – a number of formerly good veteran backs have become free agents after their teams released them recently or even into last season.

The Steelers are likely to try to sign a veteran running back the way they did last season and then draft one. They may not be in a rush to sign the vet. Remember, they did not sign LeGarrette Blount until March 28. Sometimes with veterans, they let them see what market there is for them – if there is any – before trying to sign them. Early in the process, a veteran sometimes thinks he is worth more than the market thinks he is worth.

Jackson, who will be 32 in July, is a big back who ran for 70-7 yards for the Falcons last season, including 46 on 11 carries against the Steelers Dec. 14. He averaged 3.7 yards a carry and he’s had a lot of carries over his 11-year career – 2,743.

One more thing about Rice – even without the baggage, he showed a sharp decline in Baltimore in 2012 when he dipped from 1,143 yards and a 4.4-yard average in 2012 to 660 yards and a 3.1-yard average in 2013. He does have good receiving ability with Bell-like numbers in that area. But, the Steelers are not going to sign him.

Me, I’d take Bush first, but he may have other options, perhaps even back home with the Houston Texans. After that, I’d take a pass and find a veteran back somewhere else.

The backup RB has to understand that he is a backup and be good with it. (and not pretend to be good with it)
The backup can be an older guy with some miles because he will have a greatly reduced workload.
The backup should be able to competently catch passes and block blitzing LBs so our O doesnt have to change significantly when they are in the game.
I would take Steven Jackson out of this group because he has been significantly better over his career than the others and his chief knock is mileage but not necessarily injuries.

Shoe
02-28-2015, 07:30 PM
Bush's name came up in Darren Sharper trial testimony I believe. Did that angle have any legs? Or is this strictlya case of the numbers (salary vs. production).

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-03-2015, 12:54 PM
If I were the GM in this situation I would be looking for a backup that number one, doesn't fumble often, is an above average pass receiver and can run behind the blocking scheme that the Steelers employ. I don't think I would be as interested in his actual rushing yardage as the above three things. ...

Pappy

Agree. Keeping Ben upright is a necessary condition to our post-season chances, and having a RB with the hands to be a reliable threat, and the smarts to know when to turn around and look for the ball, is huge in terms of keeping the pressure off Ben. Maybe as important as pure blocking skills IMO, though I wouldn't argue if someone said that was overstating it a bit ...

hausparty
03-03-2015, 02:17 PM
Bargain Bin and Perfect Fit for us is still Reggie Bush at the end of the day.
He's not even in the top 5 of RB's available right now and yet he still fits our scheme perfectly and has the ability to pass protect which we need bad.

I did miss speak on the being cheap part because we do spend every penny of the CAP! I simply meant the Steelers "DO NOT" typically overspend for a player but in this situation we need to spend the extra bucks and get the perfect guy for our system in Bush! Let's groom Archer and anyone else behind Bell and Bush and focus in on Defense during the draft.

RuthlessBurgher
03-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Frank Gore sure would be interesting...

Slapstick
03-03-2015, 03:29 PM
Frank Gore sure would be interesting...

Gore would be perfect for a couple of games...and, as mentioned before about Bush, is an incredible locker room leader...the anti-Blount.

He deserves to play for a contender...even one with Le'Veon Bell...

hausparty
03-05-2015, 03:07 PM
Pierre Thomas is now my 2nd choice.

RuthlessBurgher
03-05-2015, 03:34 PM
Pierre Thomas is now my 2nd choice.

Judging by your affinity for former Saints RB's, if Bush and Thomas sign elsewhere, should we give Deuce McAllister a call? ;)

pfelix73
03-05-2015, 03:41 PM
Are we all forgetting that as of the last time I looked at the official roster, we still have Ben Tate? Steelers might not even be looking at RB's.

hausparty
03-05-2015, 03:46 PM
Judging by your affinity for former Saints RB's, if Bush and Thomas sign elsewhere, should we give Deuce McAllister a call?

This was great! :) Thanks for the laugh but no thanks.

Haley is running a system like the Saints and Bell is performing like a Saints RB especially in the Fantasy Football world.

birtikidis
03-05-2015, 03:49 PM
This was great! :) Thanks for the laugh but no thanks.

Haley is running a system like the Saints and Bell is performing like a Saints RB especially in the Fantasy Football world.
You're arguement was ok, until you started talking about fantasy football. what does that have to do with REAL football?

RuthlessBurgher
03-05-2015, 04:03 PM
Are we all forgetting that as of the last time I looked at the official roster, we still have Ben Tate? Steelers might not even be looking at RB's.

Ben Tate is a free agent.

pfelix73
03-05-2015, 04:58 PM
Ben Tate is a free agent.

He is still listed on their roster and when you google him, all websites I see stll show him as a Steeler...

I was wondering if the Steeler roster just hasn't been updated, but it is- he's listed on it and Lance Moore was taken off...

????

RuthlessBurgher
03-05-2015, 05:06 PM
He is still listed on their roster and when you google him, all websites I see stll show him as a Steeler...

I was wondering if the Steeler roster just hasn't been updated, but it is- he's listed on it and Lance Moore was taken off...

????

Lance Moore was cut, so he was officially removed from the roster.

Tate is an unrestricted free agent, free to sign anywhere next week (just like Jason Worilds, Ike Taylor, James Harrison, Arthur Moats, Brice McCain, Matt Spaeth, etc.). None of those guys are signed here for the 2015 season, even if their names remain on the website for the time being. Maybe we bring a few of them back, maybe not.

RuthlessBurgher
03-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Reggie Bush considering Saints, Patriots, 49ers

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 10, 2015, 3:49 PM EDT

Free agent running back Reggie Bush could return to the team that drafted him.

Bush is considering signing with the Saints, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network. Bush is also considering signing with the Patriots and 49ers.

No team is likely to pay Bush a lot of money at this point in his career. He’s 30 years old and coming off a season in which he had just 76 carries for 297 yards. But he could make sense as a role player for some team.

In New Orleans, Bush would arrive already knowing coach Sean Payton’s offense. In New England, Bush could replace the contributions of the soon-to-depart Shane Vereen, and in San Francisco Bush could help replace the contributions of the soon-to-depart Frank Gore.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/10/reggie-bush-considering-saints-patriots-49ers/

hausparty
03-10-2015, 04:11 PM
:( way to ruin my xmas

RuthlessBurgher
03-10-2015, 04:12 PM
:( way to ruin my xmas

Draft day is Christmas. Start of free agency is Hanukkah. ;)

hausparty
03-10-2015, 04:22 PM
Are the Eagles really trying to fall apart?
You might hate Tomlin but lets all be thankful that our Head Coaches are never GM's.

hausparty
03-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Scott from Erie:*Among the veteran running backs available to the Steelers via free agency, who do you think is the most likely to: 1. Provide a run/pass threat similar to Bell and 2. Be willing to sit on the bench when Bell returns from suspension?

Ed Bouchette:*I don't think any of them are in any way a similar threat as Le'Veon Bell. However, I think Reggie Bush fits their bill -- if he doesn't want to break the bank and realizes he may not get the ball much. Those are big IFs

hausparty
03-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Ed must of read my posts.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-11-2015, 05:05 PM
every time i see this thread title, i click... and am dissappointed... again... :Boobs

RuthlessBurgher
03-11-2015, 07:46 PM
every time i see this thread title, i click... and am dissappointed... again... :Boobs

Big fan of Dubya, are ya? :lol:

fordfixer
03-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Big fan of Dubya, are ya? :lol:

Or is H more your style?:D

RuthlessBurgher
03-11-2015, 10:26 PM
Or is H more your style?:D

Not gonna do it...wouldn't be prudent. :D

SteelerOfDeVille
03-12-2015, 10:55 AM
LOL - I sure can take a thread downhill pretty quickly...

feltdizz
03-12-2015, 01:28 PM
My vote is to get rid of this thread and all the other threads about players we were never going to get in the first place.

just sayin'

RuthlessBurgher
03-13-2015, 02:15 PM
Reggie Bush visiting the Patriots

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 13, 2015, 2:13 PM EDT

The Patriots may be adding a high-profile veteran running back, as Reggie Bush is visiting New England today.

Bush, who was released by the Lions, has also drawn interest from the 49ers. There was also talk of Bush potentially returning to New Orleans, although the Saints signing C.J. Spiller today makes that less likely. Bush’s visit to New England was first reported by Field Yates of ESPN.

The Patriots could use another running back after losing Shane Vereen in free agency. Stevan Ridley is also a free agent. The Patriots’ backfield currently consists of LeGarrette Blount, Jonas Gray, James White and Branden Bolden.

The 30-year-old Bush had a fairly uneventful season in Detroit last year, carrying 76 times for 297 yards and adding 40 catches for 253 yards. He’s not the same playmaker he once was, but he could be an effective role player in New England’s offense. It wouldn’t be surprising to see the Patriots land Bush for a relatively inexpensive contract, and then to see Bush have an impressive season in New England.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/13/reggie-bush-visiting-the-patriots/

RuthlessBurgher
03-14-2015, 02:18 PM
@NFL_RealUpdates: #49ers signed former #Lions, #Saints RB Reggie Bush, per @AdamSchefter

Slapstick
03-14-2015, 03:13 PM
It's like a RB round robin...