PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison training for13th season

fordfixer
02-22-2015, 11:03 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000473450/article/james-harrison-training-for-13th-season

Published: Feb. 22, 2015 at 07:58 p.m.

James Harrison training for 13th season

Nick Shook

NFL

A year ago, James Harrison was mulling one last shot in the NFL before deciding to retire to spend more time with his family.

This Feburary, Harrison has his luggage ready for a trip to the desert.

Harrison announced his retirement in August after a visit with the Arizona Cardinals, but was back in the league less than a month later when the Pittsburgh Steelers lost two young linebackers -- Ryan Shazier and Jarvis Jones -- to injuries. Harrison filled in nicely, recording 29 solo tackles and 5.5 sacks in 11 games for a Pittsburgh team that finished 11-5 and won the AFC North.

Should he return to the Steelers, the 36-year-old could be useful as both insurance against the development of Jones -- who has flashed his ability but has yet to live up to his first-round selection -- as well as a pass-rushing machine that most offensive tackles will not be happy to face. Harrison's value could also increase if Pittsburgh can't come to an agreement on a new deal with free agent rusher Jason Worilds.

The return to the NFL was apparently enough to convince Harrison he isn't done with professional football yet. Based on his offseason workout videos, he's clearly still in great shape.

pfelix73
02-22-2015, 11:42 PM
Yep. He just posted on his FB page, that he's off to AZ for training..

BradshawsHairdresser
02-22-2015, 11:49 PM
Yep. He just posted on his FB page, that he's off to AZ for training..

Hope that's all he's off to AZ for, if you know what I mean...

Snatch98
02-23-2015, 12:36 AM
Hope that's all he's off to AZ for, if you know what I mean...

Seriously. I think he's going to be a machine this season with whomever he plays for and I hope it's us. He played well this past season and that was without a full off season going full tilt. I still believe in Jarvis Jones but I want Harrison back for his "last ride" and I think the Steeler will be making a mistake if they don't bring him back. Especially if Worilds tests and leaves.

hawaiiansteel
02-23-2015, 02:50 AM
After season with Steelers, James Harrison plans to play in 2015

February 22, 2015
By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

James Harrison has decided he wants to play football for one more season; now itís up to the Steelers to decide whether they want him to play for them.

Harrison, who turns 37 May 4, ended a brief retirement when he rejoined the Steelers for the fourth game of last season. He played in 11 games and reclaimed his old starting job at right outside linebacker by the end of the season. Despite missing five games, he had 5.5 sacks, just two off the team lead.

He signed a one-year contract in 2014 and would become an unrestricted free agent March 10 if the Steelers do not sign him before then. They have only one outside linebacker with experience under contract, Jarvis Jones.

ďI decided to hold off on retirement, so itís time to pack up and head to AZ to start my training so I can be ready to play another year,íí Harrison wrote on Twitter and Instagram Sunday evening.

Harrison said last year that the Steelers were the only team he would have ended his retirement to return to play for. He played in 2013 in Cincinnati and said it was too far from his family, who live in Pittsburgh. He said his two boys gave their approval for him to return to play for the Steelers in 2014.

Therefore, it is not likely he would want to play for another team if the Steelers do not want to sign him again. The Steelers have not indicated whether they want him back.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/02/22/After-season-with-Steelers-James-Harrison-plans-to-play-in-2015/stories/201502220225

Oviedo
02-23-2015, 07:27 AM
Should he return to the Steelers, the 36-year-old could be useful as both insurance against the development of Jones -- who has flashed his ability but has yet to live up to his first-round selection -

Definitely need the insurance!

papillon
02-23-2015, 07:32 AM
You're in good hands with Harrison! :D
One more time James, one more time.

Pappy

Shawn
02-23-2015, 08:47 AM
I can't believe I'm saying this but this team needs Harrison even at 36. The guy proved me and every other nay sayer wrong. He still has game and brings an attitude desperately needed.

Discipline of Steel
02-23-2015, 08:50 AM
Crossing my fingers and toes!!!

phillyesq
02-23-2015, 09:42 AM
I'd be shocked if Harrison signed anywhere before the draft, but I'd love to see him back for one last shot in Pittsburgh. They'll have to limit his snaps, particularly early, but he showed that he can still be a contributor as part of a rotation. If Worilds leaves, Harrison is almost a must sign (unless they sign another OLB).

I'd also think that Harrison's work ethic has to be a positive influence in the locker room.

Oviedo
02-23-2015, 09:54 AM
I can't believe I'm saying this but this team needs Harrison even at 36. The guy proved me and every other nay sayer wrong. He still has game and brings an attitude desperately needed.

Ditto. Given the apprehension over Jones ever living up to the hype getting Harrison for one more season would be a big plus.

Discipline of Steel
02-23-2015, 10:01 AM
Ideal would be three of Harrison, Worilds, JJ, Moats...plus a rookie. Anything less and we are under-manned at a key position.
I mean, we are not talking about RBs here. It takes time for a player to grow into the OLB position, even in a non-DL defense.
Leaving ourselves with a HoJo or Zumwalt as the injury option at starting OLB is playing with fire.

Slapstick
02-23-2015, 10:08 AM
How can you say no to James Harrison? He didn't suck last year...

If we can keep Harrison and Moats, I'd be pleased with whatever we found in the draft to go along with those two, Jarvis and Lemon...

RuthlessBurgher
02-23-2015, 10:11 AM
I'd also think that Harrison's work ethic has to be a positive influence in the locker room.

Except in those cases were cocky young players who think they can lift like Deebo end up pulling a Phil Hartman:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--6xnJu1Gt--/18ui3nc8w43e2gif.gif

;)

phillyesq
02-23-2015, 11:36 AM
Except in those cases were cocky young players who think they can lift like Deebo end up pulling a Phil Hartman:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--6xnJu1Gt--/18ui3nc8w43e2gif.gif

;)

Great reference, as always.

chiken
02-23-2015, 12:48 PM
I love Silverback but its time for us to let go of the Security blanket.. Its time for the pressure to be put on the future to produce. IF we dont have a future we need to find one. Having James didnt not Win us a Division, Did not Win us a playoff game, did not help us not end up around the bottom of the league in Sacks, Did not force Qb's to rush throws that we intercepted.. We have a new voice on defense.. whats the point if we are wanting to trot out the same Cats. Have fun In AZ or TN James - Its time that we learn to miss the guy... Kiesel and Troy as well.

Bluto
02-23-2015, 01:08 PM
James will not be going through all this if he was not assured to be brought back. I dont think he is gonna be away from his famly for one last run with any other team. Pretty sure they have a hand shake agreement in place and will sign at a later date

chiken
02-23-2015, 01:12 PM
James will not be going through all this if he was not assured to be brought back. I dont think he is gonna be away from his famly for one last run with any other team. Pretty sure they have a hand shake agreement in place and will sign at a later date

I believe that handshake is in Tn.

Oviedo
02-23-2015, 01:34 PM
I love Silverback but its time for us to let go of the Security blanket.. Its time for the pressure to be put on the future to produce. IF we dont have a future we need to find one. Having James didnt not Win us a Division, Did not Win us a playoff game, did not help us not end up around the bottom of the league in Sacks, Did not force Qb's to rush throws that we intercepted.. We have a new voice on defense.. whats the point if we are wanting to trot out the same Cats. Have fun In AZ or TN James - Its time that we learn to miss the guy... Kiesel and Troy as well.

They may not have a choice but to hold onto the Harrison 'security blanket" because the player they drafted to be the future may not be up to the task. A 36 year old Harrison potentially could get more sacks than Jones even playing part time.

SS Laser
02-23-2015, 01:35 PM
I believe that handshake is in Tn. Yea ok. He will be a Steeler only or retire. It was a bad decision on his part to leave for the Bungles. Without both LB injuries he would have stayed retired because the FO and JH are stubborn. I think the plan is for him to workout on said handshake get ready for the season this time. See how draft and camp go. Bring him back same time as Diesel last season. One last ride. He still has tremendous value in a rotation. A nice rotation worked well for the Ravens D last season.

hawaiiansteel
02-23-2015, 02:38 PM
James Harrison not retiring, will Steelers bring him back?

http://www.pittsburghsportingnews.com/wp-content/themes/sportedge-parent/thumb.php?src=http://www.pittsburghsportingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Harrison.jpg&h=370&w=620&zc=1&q=100

Though James Harrison announced on Twitter last night of his intentions of coming back to play in 2015, anyone who has been watching his lifting regimen at the Steelers facilities probably knew this announcement was coming. For Harrison, his impressive routines that were consistently making their way on to social media seemed to be a message not only to fans, but the Steelers management.

The message was clear: James Harrison isnít ready to call it a career quite yet.

Now the question becomes are the Steelers ready to commit to Harrison for another season?

Despite of missing five games and playing a number of others in a time share with Arthur Moats, Harrison came to the Steelers last season after an injury to Jarvis Jones and contributed 5.5 sacks and 45 total tackles. Harrison saved some of his best efforts for the biggest games as the Steelers were in pursuit of an AFC North division title, and this included a seven-tackle, 1.5-sack performance against the Kansas City Chiefs in late December.

The performances of Harrison late in the season seemed to indicate that the soon to be 37-year-old still has something left in the tank, but will the Steelers feel the same once Harrison officially becomes a free agent on March 10?

What is clear is the Steelers could use help desperately at outside linebacker. With Jones the only experienced linebacker officially under contract, and Jason Worilds very likely playing elsewhere next season, will the Steelers consider Harrison as a viable option?

With so little depth at the position, it seems likely that the Steelers will need to bring in multiple players. The draft is one potential option, and there is some talk that Moats could be brought back at a reasonable price. As we have seen already with Jones, leaning on a rookie to make an impact as a starter is not likely to work, and as good as Moats last season, he has the feel of a backup, not a starter for a team with aspirations of a Super Bowl.

There seems to be little risk in bringing Harrison back on a one-year deal if the price is right. Heís taken care of his body and despite of his age, has really only been a full-time starter in the league for eight seasons. Thereís reason to believe Harrison might have something left in the tank, and bringing him back might give the Steelers an additional year to bring along a young player without having to play him before he is truly ready to contribute.

It seems likely that Harrison will either sign with the Steelers or retire. He said as much last year, and has indicated that being close to his family is a key factor to his decision to continue playing. After last season, itís possible other teams might be interested (cue the Arizona Cardinals) but it would seem likely that Harrison will give the Steelers every opportunity to keep him in the fold.

Though itís understandable that sometimes itís just time to move on (cue Ike Taylor) it might make a lot of sense to bring Harrison back for one more year. Heís never going to be the player he was once upon a time, but he can still be an impact player in 2015.

http://www.pittsburghsportingnews.com/james-harrison-not-retiring-will-steelers-bring-him-back/19965

phillyesq
02-23-2015, 02:53 PM
Yea ok. He will be a Steeler only or retire. It was a bad decision on his part to leave for the Bungles. Without both LB injuries he would have stayed retired because the FO and JH are stubborn. I think the plan is for him to workout on said handshake get ready for the season this time. See how draft and camp go. Bring him back same time as Diesel last season. One last ride. He still has tremendous value in a rotation. A nice rotation worked well for the Ravens D last season.

If you saw the way he reacted when asked about DL during an interview, it's not inconceivable at all that he would join Lebeau in TN.

hawaiiansteel
02-23-2015, 03:49 PM
by Dale Lolley
Sunday, February 22, 2015

Harrison wants to play

Linebacker James Harrison tweeted Sunday that he's packed and ready to fly to Arizona to begin workouts in preparation for the 2015 season - not that he ever takes any time off.

Harrison would like that to be with the Steelers. But that will be entirely up to the Steelers and if they want him back.

Outside of that, it's likely the only other team Harrison would consider would be Tennessee, where he could again work with Dick LeBeau.

The Steelers likely won't know if they want Harrison to return until they see what happens in free agency.

If they lose Jason Worilds and are unable to acquire a suitable replacement, Harrison could be back. If not, they won't bring Harrison back simply to be a backup.

They need to allow Jarvis Jones to play the spot without Harrison breathing over his shoulder.

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

Discipline of Steel
02-23-2015, 04:05 PM
by Dale Lolley

They need to allow Jarvis Jones to play the spot without Harrison breathing over his shoulder.

I tend to believe the exact opposite....JJ needs JH breathing down his neck so he is motivated to do SOMETHING. JJ is not ready to be handed the position, im sorry.

SS Laser
02-23-2015, 04:24 PM
I tend to believe the exact opposite....JJ needs JH breathing down his neck so he is motivated to do SOMETHING. JJ is not ready to be handed the position, im sorry. Yes and Yes! Nothing wrong with this. Does not mean JJ is a "bust" because of it. Another year for ALL the young LB's to see JH is nothing but good for this teams future. Same as Ward helping AB, Wallace, and Sanders. Also helped Washington I bet and others along the way. Part of being a pro and gets discussed a ton as what can make or break a good team. Good vets to help teach and mentor the young players. Neon Deion was talking about just that at the combine. I hope Gay can do the same for the young CB's. Since I do think Ike is done.

RuthlessBurgher
02-23-2015, 04:36 PM

Should we cut Vince Williams and Sean Spence so there is no one breathing over Ryan Shazier's shoulder?

News Flash: Depth is a good thing. Especially when dealing with players who have an injury history. And particularly with pass rushers where you can rotate guys to keep everyone fresh.

chiken
02-23-2015, 05:28 PM
James is not Competition, he is a relic. We brought in Porter to show guys the Steeler way, James at this point is stunting growth and taking up space. Its just time to move on.. You guys are saying 1 last hurrah like we were a few yards away from the Superbowl.. This is still a team that lost to Tampa, the Jets, Saints, Browns, and d@mn near J'ville and gave up 30 at home in the playoffs.. This Defense needs a Huge Shot of Youthful experience. who cares if James is better than whoever we have at this point. the Thing is later in the Season with actual playing time those guys will get better.. by the end of the Season they Probably not be DPOY James, but they will be better than 37 year old bad-back James. Its time to let go.

SS Laser
02-23-2015, 05:41 PM
James is not Competition, he is a relic. We brought in Porter to show guys the Steeler way, James at this point is stunting growth and taking up space. Its just time to move on.. You guys are saying 1 last hurrah like we were a few yards away from the Superbowl.. This is still a team that lost to Tampa, the Jets, Saints, Browns, and d@mn near J'ville and gave up 30 at home in the playoffs.. This Defense needs a Huge Shot of Youthful experience. who cares if James is better than whoever we have at this point. the Thing is later in the Season with actual playing time those guys will get better.. by the end of the Season they Probably not be DPOY James, but they will be better than 37 year old bad-back James. Its time to let go. Your nuts. Rotation is good. I want JJ to be very good. But IF he can't stay healthy or just not produce I will take 5 or better sacks from a rotational LB. If it is JH good he IS the Steelers way. If it is Moats GOOD also. You guys that think ALL young guys grow so much over a season is wrong as much as right. I can let go. So has many others on here. Troy is one of the biggest fan favorites and I think it is time for him to walk away IF he can not just play vanilla Safety. I don't think he can. He wants to be a rover safety and he can not recover now. If JH expects to get starter snaps then it will not work. He needs to play around the snap number he did last season. We are always close to a super bowl with Big Ben. Just get to the playoffs. :)

chiken
02-23-2015, 05:58 PM
But see that was the problem, we are Always Tempted to play him longer than we should. We are tempted to pull the guy in front of him who is playing "Average" in hopes of James providing that splash play that never came. Its what we do with Troy and Brett. Its time to stop.. I know we need rotation but its hard to rotate a Legend, and its hard to believe that James is busting his hump in AZ to be a starter.. the dude has Crazy PRide - let him take that over to AZ or TN. We seriously need to turn the page on him. lets pray for Zumwalt to be something, lets hope that Lemon has something to offer.. Lets hope we get a special talent in the draft, Lets hope Moats and JJ have grown.. Heck if we are desperate then overpay for Worlids.

Slapstick
02-23-2015, 06:02 PM
If you saw the way he reacted when asked about DL during an interview, it's not inconceivable at all that he would join Lebeau in TN.

Nashville is farther away than Cincinnati.

8467thekraken
02-23-2015, 06:46 PM
But see that was the problem, we are Always Tempted to play him longer than we should. We are tempted to pull the guy in front of him who is playing "Average" in hopes of James providing that splash play that never came. Its what we do with Troy and Brett. Its time to stop.. I know we need rotation but its hard to rotate a Legend, and its hard to believe that James is busting his hump in AZ to be a starter.. the dude has Crazy PRide - let him take that over to AZ or TN. We seriously need to turn the page on him. lets pray for Zumwalt to be something, lets hope that Lemon has something to offer.. Lets hope we get a special talent in the draft, Lets hope Moats and JJ have grown.. Heck if we are desperate then overpay for Worlids.

That is a lot of hoping and praying, chik. My money's on Harrison.

chiken
02-23-2015, 07:05 PM
That is a lot of hoping and praying, chik. My money's on Harrison.

It is.. but its money that can be flipped into a profit faster than wasting it on Dreams of a player that once was.

SidSmythe
02-23-2015, 07:56 PM
SIGN HIM for 2 Years ... they guy isn't going anywhere, he's in better shape and takes better care of himself than most 26 yr olds in the league.

He's not going to play elsewhere, his kids won't let him. HaHa

isonator07
02-23-2015, 08:07 PM

I don't know if you're on twitter or not, but you should see the workout videos on his twitter feed. Harrison is a machine. He is working his butt off to have his body ready. I just hope some of the young guys notice what it takes to be great.

chiken
02-23-2015, 09:39 PM
I don't know if you're on twitter or not, but you should see the workout videos on his twitter feed. Harrison is a machine. He is working his butt off to have his body ready. I just hope some of the young guys notice what it takes to be great.

meant to say NOT to be a starter :)

Snatch98
02-23-2015, 10:18 PM
meant to say NOT to be a starter :)

I think he realizes rotating is best for his long term effectiveness. The guy is a machine, he loves the steelers (yes I know lebeau is like a dad to the guy) and I will be supremely disappointed if he's not signed by the steelers. I can see keisel coming back as well which only aids in Harrison's return if the steelers still want him around.

papillon
02-24-2015, 12:23 AM
James isn't limiting anyone's growth, the only person limiting JJ's growth is JJ. He was handed the job and shouldn't have been. Harrison has had to work for the job from day one and treated it like it was gold, to take it from him you are going to have to outwork him and that simply isn't happening. Until someone can wrest the job from him and he wants the job, it should be his. If you're losing reps to a 37 year old linebacker then you didn't deserve the job in the first place.

I loved the JJ pick when he "fell" to us and still do, but you shouldn't get a job handed to you. JH was never handed the job, in fact he probably sat longer than he should have considering Haggans (I think) was the LB in front of him, really? But, he waited and worked his @ss off. Even at his peak he was still outworking anyone on the team, won't be another like him, wish he would have gotten his head on right when he was young, we'd be talking about a 1st ballot HOFer, instead, he's a great Steeler with very little chance of making it into the HOF and probably shouldn't.

Pappy

Discipline of Steel
02-24-2015, 12:49 AM
If JH did somehow make it to the HOF, I might actually take a road trip to Canton.

SS Laser
02-24-2015, 01:42 AM
James isn't limiting anyone's growth, the only person limiting JJ's growth is JJ. He was handed the job and shouldn't have been. Harrison has had to work for the job from day one and treated it like it was gold, to take it from him you are going to have to outwork him and that simply isn't happening. Until someone can wrest the job from him and he wants the job, it should be his. If you're losing reps to a 37 year old linebacker then you didn't deserve the job in the first place.

I loved the JJ pick when he "fell" to us and still do, but you shouldn't get a job handed to you. JH was never handed the job, in fact he probably sat longer than he should have considering Haggans (I think) was the LB in front of him, really? But, he waited and worked his @ss off. Even at his peak he was still outworking anyone on the team, won't be another like him, wish he would have gotten his head on right when he was young, we'd be talking about a 1st ballot HOFer, instead, he's a great Steeler with very little chance of making it into the HOF and probably shouldn't.

Pappy Thank you Pappy! Well said. Make all the young players WORK HARD for it. It seemed to help Bryant. Lets hope that continues also. Same for the Shark and Shazier. I don't care when drafted or the age of the player. JH should never have left IMO. JJ may be more ready if JH was here when he was a rookie. Look at it this way naysayers. All the young guys can have all the reps in camp and preseason to WIN there spot. Let the old dogs come play the first game IF needed. Like Diesel did last season.

Slapstick
02-24-2015, 07:03 AM

Pappy

Ummm...this may be the teensiest bit of revisionist history...

It isn't as though Jones was handed the starting job over JH in 2013. When Jarvis was drafted, JH didn't like his contract situation with the Steelers and left. Worilds was ineffective on the defensive left. Woodley was Woodley. Apparently, nobody else on the roster wanted the job...

In 2014, Jones would have remained the starter (and performed well, if games 1-3 are any indication) and JH would have remained retired. Unfortunately, players get hurt. Fortunately for the Steelers, JH was able to come back and thrive in a part-time role.

Now, do I want JH back? Absolutely. I just want to keep it real regarding the circumstances of his return. I also don't know if he is capable or should be asked to be an every down player and 16 game starter.

chiken
02-24-2015, 09:10 AM
what did you guys see out of James last year that has you all clamouring to have him back.. he had 2 good games (cinci, KC) .. He was no better than Worlids last year and many of you are ready to run Worlids out of town. We are hanging on to him too long.. Our Defense last year WITH JAmes was not the reason we were winning games (As we learned when Bell was put out) It is more important to the future of our Defense that We let those guys learn on the field.. with Steady play they will get up to standard and maybe even shine.. and I am cool with him being Rotational - we just dont rotate him when he is out there.. Its like they dont want to upset him or something. James was my favorite guy but its really time to turn the page.

Discipline of Steel
02-24-2015, 09:34 AM
We already saw what just throwing the young guys in there resulted in, our defense was pretty horrific last year before JH arrived back on the scene. At least he added an element of intensity we hadn't seen in a while and I would argue that his presence helped lift us into the Division crown and playoffs.

Oviedo
02-24-2015, 09:40 AM
We already saw what just throwing the young guys in there resulted in, our defense was pretty horrific last year before JH arrived back on the scene. At least he added an element of intensity we hadn't seen in a while and I would argue that his presence helped lift us into the Division crown and playoffs.
"Young guys" isn't the issue. The issue we had was the young guys were injured and possible in one case may not be as good as their draft status would indicate.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-24-2015, 09:43 AM
what did you guys see out of James last year that has you all clamouring to have him back.. he had 2 good games (cinci, KC) ..

?????
You think those were his only good games this past season? Were we watching the same games? For the time he was actually in the games, playing, I thought he was the best OLB on the team.

I understand the point you're trying to make, that at some point, you need to move on from your older players, preferably before they hit the "steep decline" phase. And you need to get your younger guys on the field, which the Steelers have not done enough of in recent years. But, as others have pointed out, a rotation makes good sense...keeps Harrison's legs fresh so that he can contribute...but if he is hitting that steep decline, you're not overly dependent upon him.

feltdizz
02-24-2015, 09:59 AM
JH doesn't have to be a sack artist to have a good game. JH is still a beast at setting the edge vs the run.

RuthlessBurgher
02-24-2015, 10:07 AM
He was no better than Worlids last year and many of you are ready to run Worlids out of town.

Worilds costing about 4 times as much against our salary cap might have something to do with that...

chiken
02-24-2015, 10:09 AM
:) yes I am sure we were watching the same game.. I know he was the best OLB for us last year but last year Our OLB as a whole was some of the worse in the Steeler History. The Prettiest Girl at the Ugly prom is not saying to much.. and alot of what we saw "in my opinion" was less to do with how good James was and more to do with our Coaches not giving these guys the opportunities. We were hoping to catch lightening in a bottle but all we really honestly got was a few firefly flickers. but that was good for last year.. this is a new year..

RuthlessBurgher
02-24-2015, 10:11 AM
[QUOTE=chiken;638362]I know he was the best OLB for us last year but last year Our OLB as a whole was some of the worse in the Steeler History. The Prettiest Girl at the Ugly prom is not saying to much[QUOTE]

And yet you advocate OVERPAYING Worilds than taking Harrison back for one more year at a discount.

chiken
02-24-2015, 10:13 AM
JH doesn't have to be a sack artist to have a good game. JH is still a beast at setting the edge vs the run.

Before JJ got hurt thats they we were saying he was doing a much better job at setting the edge. The entire Defense, Especially The D line improved against the run, especially the stretch.

and when JH was hurt how many rushing yards did we give up? somebody was setting the edge in his absence..

chiken
02-24-2015, 10:20 AM
[QUOTE=chiken;638362]I know he was the best OLB for us last year but last year Our OLB as a whole was some of the worse in the Steeler History. The Prettiest Girl at the Ugly prom is not saying to much[QUOTE]

And yet you advocate OVERPAYING Worilds than taking Harrison back for one more year at a discount.

Noooooooo - i am saying lets move on from James (and no, lets not overpay Worilds) I am saying this defense was not special last year with James - I am saying we need to develop our special players and leave our old guys in the old folks home. I am saying that by the years end the Defense will be better because we will actually play the talent that we have. With the way the rules are set up today you cant really get better in practice because you cant really hit.. so these kids today learn on the field.

James is not a rotational player, he likes to stay lathered when he gets his sweat going - so instead of 30 snaps he requires 50- 60. I would rather have those snaps going to our future and not our past.

chiken
02-24-2015, 10:26 AM

It was early in the season, lets be fair.. and that had more to do with them trying to use Cam Thomas as more than a Waterboy, and Ike was in full struggle, Cortez had lost his game and Mitchell was horrible. When we had good defense games Cam Hawward was leading the charge.

I do agree with you that James brought the Intensity up.. That is something that I think Heyward will take on from this point forward. LAst year James showed them what it takes now we have to let them show what they have learned.. we have to let them make mistakes.

RuthlessBurgher
02-24-2015, 10:29 AM
[QUOTE=RuthlessBurgher;638364][QUOTE=chiken;638362]I know he was the best OLB for us last year but last year Our OLB as a whole was some of the worse in the Steeler History. The Prettiest Girl at the Ugly prom is not saying to much

Noooooooo - i am saying lets move on from James (and no, lets not overpay Worilds) I am saying this defense was not special last year with James - I am saying we need to develop our special players and leave our old guys in the old folks home. I am saying that by the years end the Defense will be better because we will actually play the talent that we have. With the way the rules are set up today you cant really get better in practice because you cant really hit.. so these kids today learn on the field.

James is not a rotational player, he likes to stay lathered when he gets his sweat going - so instead of 30 snaps he requires 50- 60. I would rather have those snaps going to our future and not our past.

Gotcha...I was responding to your post a few pages back where you said "Heck if we are desperate then overpay for Worlids."

Slapstick
02-24-2015, 11:16 AM
"Young guys" isn't the issue. The issue we had was the young guys were injured and possible in one case may not be as good as their draft status would indicate.

Dude, stop picking on Shazier!!

ikestops85
02-24-2015, 12:48 PM

I would agree with that but add that Keisel coming back also added to the defense. Those 2 took our defense from being horrible to being competent. They improved the run defense immensely. It was a sieve prior to them returning.

feltdizz
02-24-2015, 07:25 PM
Dude, stop picking on Shazier!!

That's cold

Chadman
02-24-2015, 07:50 PM
Thing is, the Steelers did not get enough pressure last season. By bringing back Harrison & Moats, or Worilds, to partner Jones- what are we upgrading?

I understand re-signing Moats. He's versatile. He can fill-in gaps at a lower cost.

But the opposite starter OLB position needs to be UPGRADED.

Otherwise we are expecting the same pieces to produce better than before, and as good as Harrison has been, he won't get better.

Worilds has not shown enough to count on him upgrading his game.

And as long as Jarvis Jones is under contract, he has to be relied on to step up.

I think the Steelers simply NEED to upgrade at OLB through the draft- even if it's not an immediate fix. I quite like Eli Harold at the end of the 1st. Or if Shane Ray falls, he's good too.

As for FA, I like Derrick Morgan, but I'm starting to think Brian Orakpo might be a smarter choice, on a shorter contract, and drafting your future OLB to replace & step in within a couple of years.

The Steelers need to impact the QB play from OLB this year, to help out a young secondary. Otherwise we will see these DB's getting picked apart.

I'd be ok with Harrison on board as a situational rusher, but I'm not sure that's his best role.

If Butler wants to get more "hybrid looks" he'll need at least 1 OLB along with 1 DL that can fill that Leo type role. I'm not sure that Harrison fits that role.

Discipline of Steel
02-25-2015, 12:22 AM
Thing is, the Steelers did not get enough pressure last season. By bringing back Harrison & Moats, or Worilds, to partner Jones- what are we upgrading?

I understand re-signing Moats. He's versatile. He can fill-in gaps at a lower cost.

But the opposite starter OLB position needs to be UPGRADED.

Otherwise we are expecting the same pieces to produce better than before, and as good as Harrison has been, he won't get better.

Worilds has not shown enough to count on him upgrading his game.

And as long as Jarvis Jones is under contract, he has to be relied on to step up.

I think the Steelers simply NEED to upgrade at OLB through the draft- even if it's not an immediate fix. I quite like Eli Harold at the end of the 1st. Or if Shane Ray falls, he's good too.

As for FA, I like Derrick Morgan, but I'm starting to think Brian Orakpo might be a smarter choice, on a shorter contract, and drafting your future OLB to replace & step in within a couple of years.

The Steelers need to impact the QB play from OLB this year, to help out a young secondary. Otherwise we will see these DB's getting picked apart.

I'd be ok with Harrison on board as a situational rusher, but I'm not sure that's his best role.

If Butler wants to get more "hybrid looks" he'll need at least 1 OLB along with 1 DL that can fill that Leo type role. I'm not sure that Harrison fits that role.

To be fair, Ike you are right that adding Kiesel did help to improve the D also. It just goes to show you need to have some veterans mixed in with the rookies.

For 2015, I bet if we dropped a middling Worilds, drafted an OLB round 1, and signed Orakpo, JH would still get significant playing time....therefore, the entire defense would play at a higher intensity level. Probably wont see both JH and Orakpo on the team since they are two similar veteran players.

Chadman
02-25-2015, 01:30 AM
To be fair, Ike you are right that adding Kiesel did help to improve the D also. It just goes to show you need to have some veterans mixed in with the rookies.

For 2015, I bet if we dropped a middling Worilds, drafted an OLB round 1, and signed Orakpo, JH would still get significant playing time....therefore, the entire defense would play at a higher intensity level. Probably wont see both JH and Orakpo on the team since they are two similar veteran players.

I wonder how much market Orakpo might generate. I'm not convinced it'll be a 'strong' market given the depth of pass rushers in this draft, and the quality of pass rushers available as FA.

I think he'd be a 'gettable' FA, that would likely improve the pass rush over Worilds, backed up by Moats & a rookie to keep him fresh as you can.

Discipline of Steel
02-25-2015, 09:02 AM
Hmmm...again, i dont see Orakpo and JH both on the team next year. Imagine the uproar about the D getting old, and rightfully so. I also dont think the Steelers can afford to not have a veteran OLB, esp considering the fact that JJ has yet to prove hes "the man". So if it comes down to JH v Orakpo, and assuming those guys are equivalent, making a switch seems pointlessly risky...Orakpo could be washed up!!!

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-25-2015, 12:56 PM
If there ever was a year to go out and get a FA pass rusher, this might be it. There are so many that are going to hit the market, that even going by typical Steeler FA philosophy, there may be a decent one available. When was the last time that we saw a class this deep?

Justin Houston - 26 y.o. but not realistic. This would be a very out of character signing for the Steelers. His contract will set the bar for the class.
JPP - 26 y.o. with durability issues. Freakish athlete. Chances are that someone pays for his healthy potential, but could slip through the cracks.
Brian Orakpo - 28 y.o. and not the same athlete as JPP, but similar durability concerns. Productive when healthy.
Pernell McPhee - also 26. Only 6 starts in his 4 year career behind veterans. Jumped out this past year.
Greg Hardy - 26 y.o. and more of a 4-3 DE. Obvious personal issues, but one more pass rusher in the mix who could fill an opening on another team.
Jerry Hughes - Good, underrated player. Also 26, posted back-to-back 10 sack seasons, and only became a starter last year.
Jabaal Sheard - 25 y.o. lost starting job last year and fell to 2 sacks. I don't love the idea, but many do, or he could fill a gap elsewhere.
Cliff Avril - only 28, thought he was older. Anyway, consistently productive career could fill a need somewhere.
Brandon Graham - another 26 y.o. and a former first rounder. Has never been a starter, so that's your gamble
Derrick Morgan - 26 y.o. without a ton of production in his career. Wouldn't be the first choice, but could be the last man standing.

and, of course...

Jason Worilds - Like all the others...he is 26. No need to discuss more because we have all seen him and have made up our minds on him.

Add to that the first round pass rushers...

Gregory
Ray
Fowler
Beasley
Dupree

That makes for a good chance that someone becomes available at a reasonable price.

RuthlessBurgher
02-25-2015, 06:14 PM
Hopefully enough teams drafting ahead of us with pass rush needs fill them in free agency, allowing one of those five guys to somehow drop.

Slapstick
02-25-2015, 06:16 PM
Hopefully enough teams drafting ahead of us with pass rush needs fill them in free agency, allowing one of those five guys to somehow drop.

Or, enough teams fail to address pass rush that a top CB or other player falls to us...

hawaiiansteel
03-01-2015, 01:36 AM
NFL Rumors - Feb. 28 Updates:

"I think linebacker James Harrison will be part of things if Dick LeBeau wants him, and I expect he will. I think he'd be the one Steeler to come over to Tennessee." - Paul Kuharsky, ESPN

http://www.walterfootball.com/nflrumors.php

hawaiiansteel
03-11-2015, 04:07 PM
James Harrison interested in joining the Tennessee Titans

By Jeff.Hartman on Mar 11, 2015

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/4W4dB3qVKZ4S3McDNJWLpWq-tqQ=/0x184:1565x1227/500x333/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/45866424/usa-today-8307342.0.jpg

The veteran outside linebacker's agent states Harrison is very interested in possibly continuing his career in Tennessee under Dick LeBeau.

When news broke in the early morning hours on the East coast Wednesday that Jason Worilds has decided to step away from the lucrative occupation of being an outside pass rusher in the NFL, Pittsburgh Steelers fans immediately thought with Worilds out of the picture, James Harrison's return to Pittsburgh would seem imminent, but maybe not.

Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean is reporting, per Harrison's agent Bill Parise, that the veteran outside linebacker is intruigued by the chance of reuniting with longtime defensive coordinator and mentor Dick LeBeau in Tennessee with the Titans.

"We are certainly interested,'' Parise said. "James feels very, very strongly about coach LeBeau. And I know Dick feels the same way. It's a natural thing. I'm sure the Steelers are still in play, too. It will probably be one of those. I hope it's one of those. We are not ruling anybody out, but the two logical fits are Tennessee and Pittsburgh. Those are the team teams that make the most sense."

"James couldn't be better. He's in great shape, is working out, everything is good. His plan is to play this year,'' Parise said. "I would say something would happen in the next couple of weeks. He'd be an asset in transitioning into LeBeau's philosophy. It just makes an awful lot of sense."

When looking at the Steelers' depth chart at the outside linebacker position, the Steelers face more dire circumstances Wednesday than they did Tuesday when the option of re-signing Worilds was still on the table. Nonetheless, Harrison seems to be open-minded about possibly playing elsewhere in 2015 and not to simply wait around for the Steelers to pick up the phone.

With Jarvis Jones and Arthur Moats the only experienced outside linebackers currently on the roster, the Steelers will have to make a move to get an experienced pass rusher on the roster before the NFL Draft rolls around. After hearing Harrison's agent's comments, if the Steelers do intend on bringing Harrison back in 2015, they might not want to wait around too long before it becomes too late.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-free-agency-news-rumors-signings-2015-steelers/2015/3/11/8191073/james-harrison-interested-in-joining-the-tennessee-titans

birtikidis
03-11-2015, 04:30 PM
NFL Rumors - Feb. 28 Updates:

"I think linebacker James Harrison will be part of things if Dick LeBeau wants him, and I expect he will. I think he'd be the one Steeler to come over to Tennessee." - Paul Kuharsky, ESPN

http://www.walterfootball.com/nflrumors.php
I'm surprised he's not in a mad rush to come back to Pittsburgh due to his mad love for Tomlin.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-11-2015, 05:03 PM
don't be surprised if Troy lands there, too

Slapstick
03-11-2015, 06:00 PM
I'm surprised he's not in a mad rush to come back to Pittsburgh due to his mad love for Tomlin.

If the money is equal, he'll be a Steeler...

SteelBucks
03-11-2015, 06:31 PM
So is Tennessee now Pittsburgh South?

I saw Woodley signed with Pittsburgh West (may be old news).

BradshawsHairdresser
03-11-2015, 07:26 PM
If the money is equal, he'll be a Steeler...
I don't know...James loves DLB. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd take equal money to be a Titan. But I'm not sure the Steelers will even make him an offer.

Slapstick
03-11-2015, 07:42 PM
I don't know...James loves DLB. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd take equal money to be a Titan. But I'm not sure the Steelers will even make him an offer.

James does love LaBuee (;))...but, I think he loves being at home with his kids more. Nashville is an 8 hour drive or more from Pittsburgh. If Cincy was too far, Nashville is worse.

But, if the Steelers don't make an offer and Tennessee does, clearly the money will be better there...

Discipline of Steel
03-11-2015, 08:03 PM
Im not really up on the Oilers OLB position but.... wherever JH feels he has a better opportunity to contribute will also be a primary factor in his decision.

hawaiiansteel
03-11-2015, 09:15 PM
Alex Kozora @Alex_Kozora -

#Steelers have every reason to bring James Harrison back. Can still play at a high level, team needs position, nothing else available.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora

RuthlessBurgher
03-11-2015, 10:28 PM
Im not really up on the Oilers OLB position

The Oilers might have a decent chance to get McDavid or Eichel in the draft. ;)

hawaiiansteel
03-20-2015, 01:22 AM
Steelers in no hurry to re-sign Harrison...but they might

By Gerry Dulac

The Steelers did not bat an eye when Jason Worilds retired, even though it surprised nearly everyone in the organization. They did not immediately jump into free agency and find a veteran backup to fill the void until another young edge-rusher could be drafted.

Thatís because they have a backup plan in place.

James Harrison.

The Steelers have not re-signed the former NFL defensive player of the year, who came out of retirement to play in 12 games for them last season on a one-year deal. But that doesnít mean they wonít at some point, though it likely will be later rather than sooner.

That is why Harrison proclaimed after the season that he was headed out of town to begin training for 2015. He is thinking he will play this season, even at age 37, and this time he wants to be in shape to do so.

And the Steelers are banking on Harrison being available because he said he doesnít want to leave his kids and go play for another team. They are going to take him at his word that the only place he will play is Pittsburgh.

The Steelers are in no hurry to re-sign Harrison because 1) he doesnít need to participate in OTAs or even most of training camp, and 2) they donít want him to put his body through all that. The grind of a regular season is tough enough, especially at 37. Adding in OTAs and training camp only makes it worse.

So the Steelers will probably wait until the summer to re-sign Harrison, much like they did last year with defensive end Brett Keisel. Meantime, Harrison wants to be in shape if and when the moment comes, unlike last season when it took him nearly a month to drop the extra weight he had accumulated and get into condition.

All that being said, the Steelers will not bring Harrison back to be their starting right outside linebacker, even though he started the final four games in 2014. That job belongs to Jarvis Jones, who enters his third season and will be given every opportunity to prove why he was a No. 1 pick.

The Steelers have every intention of drafting an edge-rushing linebacker in April. And they re-signed Arthur Moats to a three-year deal to be their left outside linebacker for now. If they re-sign Harrison, that would give them four outside linebackers.

And thatís not counting Howard Jones, a training-camp standout as a free-agent rookie who spent last season on the practice squad; or even Jordan Zumwalt, last yearís sixth-round pick who could get a look at outside linebacker.

Just because they havenít signed Harrison doesnít mean they wont. After all, whatís the rush?

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2015/03/19/Ask-Ed-Why-Not-Strengthen-QB-Position-Behind-Ben/stories/201503190001

Discipline of Steel
03-20-2015, 09:29 AM
And the Steelers are banking on Harrison being available because he said he doesn’t want to leave his kids and go play for another team. They are going to take him at his word that the only place he will play is Pittsburgh.

The strategy to wait is good but it all hinges on whether JH actually said the above....i never heard anything like that, although of course, i am no insider.

Slapstick
03-20-2015, 09:42 AM
He said it last year, when deciding to come out of retirement. I suppose there is no guarantee that it applies this year.

SidSmythe
03-20-2015, 10:03 AM
HARRISON has made it clear the only team he will play for is the STEELERS. It's the only reason he came out of retirement.

RuthlessBurgher
03-20-2015, 10:24 AM
At this point, Harrison is the best available pass rusher still unsigned on the free agent market, and we know he isn't going to join LeBeau in Tennessee after they brought back Derrick Morgan and signed Brian Orakpo as well. I know we are in the midst of a young movement, but veteran depth is never a bad thing, so his number will be on speed dial, and will likely be called around the same time we called Keisel last year, after the rigors of Latrobe are complete.

Discipline of Steel
03-20-2015, 10:25 AM
Well there was a recent article talking about how he might fly to Tenn and work with DL.
That door seems closed now but it goes against the idea he would never leave Pittsburgh.

SidSmythe
03-20-2015, 12:11 PM
Well there was a recent article talking about how he might fly to Tenn and work with DL.
That door seems closed now but it goes against the idea he would never leave Pittsburgh.

No one is going to offer him mega millions ...
last yr when he retired he was done until Pittsburgh called. He told his kids he was going to return and they started crying. Until he told them he was going to play for Pittsburgh again.

People don't realize that players families just don't pack up and move from city to city. Their kids have a home and a school. So signing outside of Pittsburgh Harrison would live away from his kids.

He knows Pittsburgh will come knocking eventually.

papillon
03-20-2015, 01:24 PM
HARRISON has made it clear the only team he will play for is the STEELERS. It's the only reason he came out of retirement.

I think what Harrison was saying at the time, based on his affinity for Dick Lebeau, was that he was coming out of retirement because Dick Lebeau and few of the veterans asked him to, this year could be different if Taylor, Keisel and Lebeau are all gone. JH is probably my all time favorite Steeler and I would love for him to have one more rodeo, but I'm not sure he's up for it with anyone but Lebeau, we'll see. Talking about Lebeau brought him to tears.

Pappy

Slapstick
03-20-2015, 01:54 PM
Eh, he's working out for a reason. I just don't think that reason is to leave his children during the regular season.

BradshawsHairdresser
03-20-2015, 04:28 PM
Eh, he's working out for a reason. I just don't think that reason is to leave his children during the regular season.

He wouldn't be able to take them with him to whatever city his team is from? I mean, I know he won't be making what he once did, but I would think he could afford to move his fam...

RuthlessBurgher
03-20-2015, 04:33 PM
He wouldn't be able to take them with him to whatever city his team is from? I mean, I know he won't be making what he once did, but I would think he could afford to move his fam...

He lives in Pittsburgh. His kids go to school in Pittsburgh. Their friends are in Pittsburgh. He's going to move his whole family to Tennessee for one year, then move back to Pittsburgh again? No. If he goes to Tennessee, the wife and kids stay home in Pittsburgh in the home he will retire to when football is over. If work transfers me to a new location temporarily for 9-12 months, I'm not uprooting my whole family if I know that job transfer is temporary and I'll be back home in a year.

Slapstick
03-20-2015, 04:46 PM
He lives in Pittsburgh. His kids go to school in Pittsburgh. Their friends are in Pittsburgh. He's going to move his whole family to Tennessee for one year, then move back to Pittsburgh again? No. If he goes to Tennessee, the wife and kids stay home in Pittsburgh in the home he will retire to when football is over. If work transfers me to a new location temporarily for 9-12 months, I'm not uprooting my whole family if I know that job transfer is temporary and I'll be back home in a year.

Yeah, I can't imagine that moving for one year would fly with the very comfortable Mrs. Ruthlessburgher...nor with Ruthlessburgher, Jr.!

feltdizz
03-20-2015, 05:19 PM

Obviously he doesnt want to move his family.

SidSmythe
03-20-2015, 05:20 PM
When he played in Cincinnati he didn't bring the family. That's why he retired bc Pittsburgh wasn't interested in him due to their investment into Jones.

We all know that their is mutual interest between Pittsburgh and Harrison BUT their is no hurry.
I'm sure Harrison wouldn't mind waiting until mid August to sign. A guy like him doesn't want to go thru an entire training camp. He just wants to save himself and play.

Discipline of Steel
03-20-2015, 05:22 PM
Sure doesnt seem like he would want to play elsewhere, considering his family. However, JH seems intent on preparing for the season. Steelers have a gaping hole in veteran leadership at the OLB position. The Keisel Approach must have been discussed and agreed to between JH and MT.

Chadman
03-20-2015, 07:11 PM
That pic of all the Steelers LB's in Arizona together just about confirms it for me.

Harrison will be back.

Good to see the young LB's taking some training tips from Deebo..

Slapstick
03-20-2015, 09:35 PM
Two of our recent 1st round picks out West with our former DPOY as well as two other key contributors...I like it!

I would hope Moats would be out there as well if his wife were not pregnant and due soon...

BradshawsHairdresser
03-20-2015, 10:13 PM
I would hope Moats would be out there as well if his wife were not pregnant and due soon...
Obviously a slacker.

hawaiiansteel
03-21-2015, 02:14 AM
Alex Kozora retweeted
Vince Williams vinnyVidiVici98

LBs gonna be live this year

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAkIchVUUAAN7HO.jpg:large

Slapstick
03-21-2015, 07:58 AM
Obviously a slacker.

Clearly, his priorities are not right...

Discipline of Steel
03-21-2015, 08:10 AM
Hes teaching them how to have an attitude. This is the value of a James Harrison that doesnt show up in stats.

SidSmythe
03-21-2015, 09:32 AM
My Arms are as big a JJs. If he wasn't so slow he could try out for SS.

Slapstick
03-21-2015, 09:35 AM
I knew it would only be a matter of time...sometimes, this board is so predictable...

feltdizz
03-21-2015, 12:38 PM
My Arms are as big a JJs. If he wasn't so slow he could try out for SS.

Did you get an invite to the Vet Combo?

SidSmythe
03-21-2015, 02:20 PM
Did you get an invite to the Vet Combo?

That's quite the compliment to assume I'm a Veteran.

I skipped out ... instead i went over to JJ's house to show him how to add mass to his skinny frame and told him to lay off the Subway ... He said "no. I want a footlong and then go for a walk w Jared"

Chadman
03-21-2015, 06:16 PM
There's no way Shazier is still 230lbs.

Time to move outside.... :p

BradshawsHairdresser
03-21-2015, 06:45 PM
Sounds to me as though James may be leaning toward joining the Titans, though he is still undecided. His kids are now split on the decision. Here's the latest:

By Mark Kaboly Saturday, March 21, 2015, 5:27 p.m.

James Harrison seems to be deciding whether to play for the Steelers or Titans next season.

The linebacker posted a message on Instagram on Saturday, saying he is conflicted about whether to sign with former defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau in Tennessee or returning to the Steelers.

“The opinions of my support team are split, but for me, my love for the man who both started, and made my career what it is, is undeniable,” Harrison wrote in Instragram. “There are no words that I can find that would do justice for everything Dick LeBeau has done for me & my career and nothing can compare to that! I also have a great amount of love for Steelers Nation & the Steelers organization. I'm going to pray on this and let God guide me in the right direction.”

Harrison also posted a video on Instagram of his two sons, James Harrison III and Henry Harrison, asking them where he should sign. One said the Titans, and the other chose the Steelers.

Harrison, a five-time Pro Bowler from 2007-11, retired before the start of last season after spending a year with the Bengals. He then had a retirement ceremony with the Steelers, but he did not stay away from the game for long.

After a Week 3 win over Carolina in which Jarvis Jones dislocated his wrist and was put on injured reserve, Harrison was asked to return to the Steelers. He said he would not have returned for any other team, and he would not have done it had his two sons been against it.

When reached Saturday, Harrison's agent Bill Parise said, “I am not ready to make a statement on that. You have to understand, we are working on things, and I don't know what that (Instagram message) meant.”

Mark Kaboly is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at mkaboly@tribweb.com or via Twitter @MarkKaboly_Trib (https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib).

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/8022472-74/harrison-steelers-instagram#ixzz3V3xib6nw
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=d-D-nM8emr4ALpacwqm_6l&u=triblive) | triblive on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=d-D-nM8emr4ALpacwqm_6l&u=triblive)

feltdizz
03-21-2015, 08:08 PM
Sounds like he is trying to create a bidding war. Why would one of his kids choose Tenn?

Last year after a game the press was around JH's locker asking if he had one more year in him and his kid was by his side. He said it was up to his kids and when he asked his kid to tell the press it was up to them the kid said "NOOO, you said.." and JH screamed out "Shuddup, you talk to much"

BradshawsHairdresser
03-21-2015, 09:39 PM
Why would one of his kids choose Tenn?

Country music fan?

Last year after a game the press was around JH's locker asking if he had one more year in him and his kid was by his side. He said it was up to his kids and when he asked his kid to tell the press it was up to them the kid said "NOOO, you said.." and JH screamed out "Shuddup, you talk to much"
And then the poor kid didn't open his mouth for a week?

Discipline of Steel
03-21-2015, 11:13 PM
The other half of the equation is whether the Oilers would want him, after signing two other OLB already. I still think he will end up in Pittsburgh for his final year.

steelsnis
03-22-2015, 12:37 PM
Harrison re-signs for 2 more years. Perfect strong side OLB while draft pick learns

Shoe
03-22-2015, 12:38 PM
Harrison is back!

This is good news obviously, because he and Moats are the only known quantities we have. My question at this point would be: Who is going to play Worilds' old spot? Can/would Harrison play there (i.e. if Jarvis wows the coaches in training camp)? I don't think they swap Jarvis to the other side... or would they?

IOW, if Jarvis and Harrison are our two best OLBs, how will that play out when it comes to our starters.

steelsnis
03-22-2015, 12:47 PM
Harrison is back!

This is good news obviously, because he and Moats are the only known quantities we have. My question at this point would be: Who is going to play Worilds' old spot? Can/would Harrison play there (i.e. if Jarvis wows the coaches in training camp)? I don't think they swap Jarvis to the other side... or would they?

IOW, if Jarvis and Harrison are our two best OLBs, how will that play out when it comes to our starters.

See my post above. JH is being re-signed to play strong side OLB (Worilds old spot) Jarvis will stay in his spot I'd imagine.

Slapstick
03-22-2015, 12:49 PM
I can see JH platooning both spots as he did last year.

Shoe
03-22-2015, 01:39 PM
See my post above. JH is being re-signed to play strong side OLB (Worilds old spot) Jarvis will stay in his spot I'd imagine.

Cool, thanks.
I just hope too, that they manage the man's snaps. OBVIOUSLY, he will want to play every snap he can. Reality says that a man of his age, at the position he plays, CANNOT be effective through the grind of a long NFL season.