PDA

View Full Version : Combine week. Davis and Williams could be excellent values.

Iron City Inc.
02-15-2015, 02:38 PM
Combine invitees Titas Davis Central Michigan Wr and Karlos Williams Florida St. Rb are a pair of day 3 guys who could be on our radar.

Davis is a Chippewa who had 37 td's in 4 years and 13 this past year after missing 2 games. This 6'2 190 lb wr does a lot of little things well. He is quick off the line, catches the ball away from his body, can catch the low ball and finds open spots against zone D. He gets a decent amount of yack yds and shows enough speed. Now playing against Toledo is not like playing the Ravens but we're talking a 6th rounder here.
Could lightning strike twice? I should not even say that but this young man has some skills and we could use a #5 wr.
He should test well enough. A guy who may not be under the radar for long.

Williams is a guy when I watched some tape I think he could be a #2 back and should be rated higher then where he is rated today. Now he goes out and runs sub 4.5 he'll likely move up on a few boards. He has good vision in the hole and when he bounces it outside (has a nice jump cut) he has enough quicks to get the corner. Hands look fine and he was thrown to often enough this past year. What I like the most is he keeps his pad level low and finishes his runs.
Now as a 6 1 225 lbs rb if he measures to that there is a lot to like. He could help on special teams with that size and speed. A back to put in the mix and keep Bell fresh.
So two guys to watch this week who I think could be day 3 contributors that would fill some needs for us.

Rara
02-15-2015, 03:04 PM
hell yeah for combine week!