PDA

View Full Version : Larry Fitzgerald

Discipline of Steel
02-07-2015, 12:00 AM
The Rumor Mill is buzzing that he will be back in Pittsburgh to finish his career.
Wheaton instantly becomes the #4 guy...

SS Laser
02-07-2015, 12:08 AM
Pass Pass puff much?

Discipline of Steel
02-07-2015, 12:35 AM
I think its more than just a random musing

http://steelcityblitz.com/2015/01/19/steelers-bring-larry-fitzgerald/

SidSmythe
02-07-2015, 01:14 AM
Wait for it.
wait for it......
"Can we get him on the cheap???"

Snatch98
02-07-2015, 02:09 AM
I would love, love, love to see him in black and gold. He's one of my favorite players ever and straight class on and off the field.

7 UP
02-07-2015, 04:57 AM
Not that we would ever do this. But if we did, would that make us Arizona East?

Starlifter
02-07-2015, 07:12 AM
if they were going to spend that kind of money, i would think an impact player on defense is more urgent.

Shawn
02-07-2015, 07:25 AM
I wouldn't want this. Why stunt the growth of our youth to allow an old talent on the back end of his career to slowly lose his skills here?

8467thekraken
02-07-2015, 09:41 AM
If he would come at a reasonable price, I would be very happy with this. He would challenge Wheaton and Bryant, which only helps the team.

Going 4 wide with Brown, Bryant, Fitzgerald and Wheaton with Ben behind Center and Bell anchoring the whole thing...

...One can dream...

papillon
02-07-2015, 11:01 AM
I wouldn't want this. Why stunt the growth of our youth to allow an old talent on the back end of his career to slowly lose his skills here?

I tend to agree with you on this, however, think about this for a minute. Clearly, Brown, Bryant and Wheaton are the Steelers 1,2 &3 Wrs. That leaves CJ Goodwin, Tim Benford, DHB, Lance Moore and whatever role Dri Archer will play as WRs. I don't think it would be such a bad idea to have Fitzgerald for the next 3-4 years as the 4th WR, you can still develop another WR or two over that time. Fitzgerald brings a lot to the table from an off the field perspective as well, its good to have Walter Payton award nominees on your roster. The current Wrs that would be displaced probably aren't in the plans for the Steelers regardless.

What I wouldn't want to have happen is a promising defensive player lose a spot on the roster because Fitzgerald; the defense is dire need of talent.

Pappy

SteelBucks
02-07-2015, 11:13 AM

It's not happening but would be fun to watch. Ben, Bell, Brown, Heath and Fitzgerald. Oh my!!!

Discipline of Steel
02-07-2015, 11:22 AM

First of all Fitz is a great talent...more than Wheaton will ever be so i dont care if Wheatons growth is stunted. To me, Wheathin is average.
Fitz will not be the #4 guy, are you kidding Pap? His down year (still good) can be attributed to a parade of soso QBs. Plus, he is a standup guy and if he agrees to a contract, he will honor the terms and fulfill his role, unlike the cancerous Blount. ...and beats the tar out of signing Stonio to 'relive old glories'. Just got to find a contract agreeable to both sides, so who knows, but our offense would be even more incredible than it is already.

8467thekraken
02-07-2015, 11:41 AM
So what would be an agreeable contract for a soon to be 32 year old Larry Fitzgerald?

phillyesq
02-07-2015, 12:10 PM
I can't imagine how this would work financially, but a base offense with AB, Fitz, Bryant, Heath and Bell - wow. I'd also think a guy like Fitz would have to help with overcoming the red zone woes. Fitz is no longer great, but he is still very good.

Ultimately, I think the needs on defense will outweigh adding a luxury like Fitz, but it is fun to dream.

Flasteel
02-07-2015, 12:32 PM
Crazy talk. Not only does it tie-up big bucks when it's needed elsewhere, there is only one football. We have enough talented guys between Brown, Bryant, Bell, Miller, and Wheaton who will be on the receiving end of Ben's passes. I think we could definitely use a talented TE in the draft, but we have zero need at WR, other than competition for the 4 and 5 spots.

Shawn
02-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Wheaton will not be the #2, it will be Bryant...Wheaton moved to slot. I want to see what Bryant can do.

RuthlessBurgher
02-07-2015, 04:33 PM
If Arizona can't work out a restructured deal with Fitz, I'd think it would be much more likely that he would return home to Minnesota than return home to Pittsburgh. He could help the Vikes to try to get Cordarelle Patterson's career get back on track.

Shawn
02-08-2015, 10:39 AM
I suspect the Steelers have zero interest in Fitz. He is no longer an elite talent and will come with a high price. Someone will pay for a guy who is past his prime. It just wont be the Steelers. I believe the Steelers are VERY happy with their receiving corp. They will want to find a replacement for Heath in this draft. If the Rooneys don't force Tomlins hand to draft D, I suspect he will target Maxx Williams.

NorthCoast
02-08-2015, 12:13 PM
WR is the least of the Steelers worries. Spend the money where it is needed.

Slapstick
02-08-2015, 01:31 PM
If Arizona can't work out a restructured deal with Fitz, I'd think it would be much more likely that he would return home to Minnesota than return home to Pittsburgh. He could help the Vikes to try to get Cordarelle Patterson's career get back on track.

Unless he wants to win. Then, Pittsburgh with a franchise QB makes sense...

SidSmythe
02-08-2015, 01:50 PM
This just isn't happening.
Might as well talk about Revis coming to Pittsburgh

fezziwig
02-08-2015, 05:23 PM
We need corners, safeties, linebackers and linemen that can put pressure up front. The defense just isn't good enough to think about bringing in offensive players or at least players on the decline of their careers. If Larry could join the team on the cheap then okay but, that isn't going to happen...

pfelix73
02-08-2015, 05:27 PM
I'd MUCH rather sign a younger Dwayne Harris who can return KO's and punts and fill more than a few different roles... That is, if we're gonna sign another FA WR in the 1st place.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-09-2015, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I can see Fitzgerald making the occasional splash play, and our still getting beat up because the defense is never off the field.