PDA

View Full Version : Lance Moore wants out of contract

SteelCrazy
02-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Wide receiver Lance Moore caught 183 passes for the Saints from 2010 to 2012, but slumped to 37 catches in his final year in New Orleans in 2013.

Things didnt go any better for him in Pittsburgh last year. Moore fell all the way to 14 catches for a Steelers team that didnt have many snaps to offer him on offense during the 2014 season. As a result, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Moore has requested his release from the second year of the contract.

Moore hinted he was feeling this way after the Steelers lost to the Ravens in the playoffs.

I just want to play whether thats here or somewhere else. Id love to be here, Id love to be a part of this offense, but I think those are decisions that have to be made down the line, Moore said.

The Steelers would be left with a little dead money on the cap if they backed out of the deal, but Moore was mostly dead weight on the roster so Moore may see his wish granted in the near future.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/02/report-lance-moore-looking-for-release-from-steelers/

chiken
02-02-2015, 12:26 PM
See ya Lance.

phillyesq
02-02-2015, 12:27 PM
If he wants out, then perhaps he should discuss returning 50% of the signing bonus. Of course, this will never happen.

Moore is likely a prime candidate for release, but I did see some reports that his veteran presence was helpful off the field. If Moore is gone, I would like to see another veteran added to the WR corp, since it is a very young group.

SteelerOfDeVille
02-02-2015, 12:47 PM
does a trade make the cap hit work any differently?

Eich
02-02-2015, 12:50 PM
Add him to the list of Steelers employees who want to rid themselves of working with Todd Haley once you have the misfortune of doing so.

Yeah, that was some awful offense we had this year.:confused:

SteelerOfDeVille
02-02-2015, 12:55 PM
No. He only has 1 year left. Same hit.
drat. i know the cap hit is minimal, but, you hate to have to pay for another capable body - even if he will be 4th or 5th on the depth chart.

Looking like another mid-round WR will be drafted to take his place this year - whether he stays or not. Hoping we land another Bryant. :-)

SteelerOfDeVille
02-02-2015, 12:58 PM
9 of 17 games the Steelers offense scored 20 or less in 2014.

7 of 17 games the Steelers offense scored 20 or less in 2011.

Bruce Arians was fired.

Why is Todd Haley still here?

Haley is Kordell Stewart 2001, he's sucked for so long the standard for success has been lowered for him.
That's sad... William Gay had as many TDs as Heath (and more than Wheaton)... in fact, only Brown and Bryant caught more TD passes than William Gay....

:stirpot:stirpot:stirpot:stirpot

Iron City Inc.
02-02-2015, 01:01 PM
Add him to the list of Steelers employees who want to rid themselves of working with Todd Haley once you have the misfortune of doing so.

Are you serious about that?

Oviedo
02-02-2015, 01:18 PM
A wise man once said BEFORE Todd Haley coached ONE GAME in Pittsburgh:

And that's exactly what happened, isn't it?

Three years of wasting a HOF QB's prime because a lawyer thinks he's a football coach.

Bruce Arians winning COY twice in three years only exposes Art II for the jackass he is.

Lebeau exposed himself and demonstrated we had a fortunate alignment of the stars with the players we had from 2005-2010. It was clearly demonstrated he could not develop the players to meet the requirements of his system to sustain and replace that talent.

Looking forward for better things.

phillyesq
02-02-2015, 01:24 PM

What a joke. Moore wants to go someplace where he will get playing time. In Pittsburgh, he'll be no more than the #4 WR. He also seemed to have some friction with Tomlin, but blame it all on Haley.

It would be nice if you would actually contribute something other than the same drivel.

feltdizz
02-02-2015, 01:59 PM
I think Crash has a solid point. You can't bring in FA's, not use them and expect them to love their role in the offense.

Eich
02-02-2015, 01:59 PM
...how Belichick was an "honest coach".

Now there's a quote you can hang your hat on! Coming from Blount makes it all the more believable.

feltdizz
02-02-2015, 02:32 PM
By the way, the Packers run MY preferred offense.

Aaron Rodgers is MVP and player of the Year.

You're welcome.

patting yourself on the back for liking GB's offense? LOL...

phillyesq
02-02-2015, 03:40 PM
You honestly think they signed him to be the #4 WR? Then whomever did that should be fired on the spot.

Says here he was TOLD one thing, and then the season started, and they did something else.

We play the Ravens and their ravaged secondary in the playoffs, Bell, who lines up in the slot a lot, is hurt, and yet Moore, the only true slot WR on the roster, is inactive in favor of Will freaking Johnson?

Are you $%^&*(O)P_+_)(* kidding me? And Haley still has a job here WHY?

Just like Blount, he was told one thing, and the season starts, and HIS role changed. First words out of his mouth when he went back to NE was how Belichick was an "honest coach".

You don't think that's a direct shot at the Steelers/Haley?

Here's Joe Starkey in October 2014:

"The Steelers are not employing nearly as much no huddle as Roethlisberger would like nor as much he expected coming into the season"

See the familiar patterns here?

Haley runs the offense. It's HIS baby.

No one else's.

Remember, Manny Sanders went over the wall after 2012, and the Steelers pulled him back in.

I didn't say he signed to be a number 4. However, with the emergence of Bryant, he'd clearly be the #4 next year.

Below is what Tomlin had to say about Moore:

"As a guy regains his health it's his responsibility to make himself useful and to get on a moving train."

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/9301/the-curious-case-of-steelers-wr-lance-moore

No quotes from Haley, but Tomlin seemed to have some issue with Moore.

squidkid
02-02-2015, 03:57 PM
no way we can afford to let this guy go

phillyesq
02-02-2015, 04:10 PM
That quote was from September, or should I say, 1 month BEFORE Bryant saw the field.

Nice try.

Two separate and unrelated issues. First, Lance Moore would be, at best, the #4 WR next year. Second, Tomlin had issues with him early in the season. No mention of any friction between Moore and Haley.

pfelix73
02-02-2015, 04:35 PM
Sign Dwayne Harris.

phillyesq
02-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Haley runs the offense and Moore pissed about playing time.

Figure it out.

You constantly cry on this forum that you want to see the Steelers run a 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB offense without all of the personnel changes. Ok, great. Where does Moore fit into that going into 2015? The answer, of course, is that it leaves him on the bench.

Oviedo
02-02-2015, 05:54 PM
Add up the names that have left since he was hired.

And who exactly from that distinguished list have we missed?

SteelCrazy
02-02-2015, 05:54 PM
Crash quote, "Haley runs the offense. It's HIS baby.

No one else's. "

Damn straight. Haley is the only one responsible. Maybe Arians should have been less a friend and more of a coach

SS Laser
02-03-2015, 03:08 AM
It will be a sad day when Ben retires as a STEELER, But I hope Crash will retire from anything to do with the Steelers when Ben does! :)

Ghost
02-03-2015, 09:30 AM
Ben: 2014 compared to 11 year career:

Most throwing yards- 4952
Most attempts and completions 608/408
Highest completion % - 67.1
Highest Yards/G 309.5
Highest attempts per game - 38
Highest number of 40+ yard completions - 15
Tied for most TDs in a season 32
2nd highest rating 103.3
1st time ever having back to back 16 game seasons

Damn you Coach Haley....wait...what....

feltdizz
02-03-2015, 10:32 AM
Ben: 2014 compared to 11 year career:

Most throwing yards- 4952
Most attempts and completions – 608/408
Highest completion % - 67.1
Highest Yards/G – 309.5
Highest attempts per game - 38
Highest number of 40+ yard completions - 15
Tied for most TD’s in a season – 32
2nd highest rating – 103.3
1st time ever having back to back 16 game seasons

Damn you Coach Haley....wait...what....

ehh.. the stats are nice but we are still a ball control offense who struggles in the RZ.

Slapstick
02-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Also in 2014:

Ben was sacked the fewest times in a 16 game season...