PDA

View Full Version : Chris Long Of The Rams On 'Deflategate'

Sword
01-28-2015, 02:28 PM
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/deflategate/

7 UP
01-28-2015, 02:50 PM
Judging by who posted the article, I have a pretty good idea where the article is headed.

hawaiiansteel
01-28-2015, 03:12 PM
Judging by who posted the article, I have a pretty good idea where the article is headed.

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-love-tom-brady.png

phillyesq
01-28-2015, 03:27 PM
If you love the Pats* so much, why not go to a Pats* board?

Steelhere10
01-28-2015, 03:53 PM
I agree, why spend that much time on here defending them.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-28-2015, 03:53 PM
If you love the Pats** so much, why not go to a Pats** board?

Fixed that for you!

Sword
01-28-2015, 03:59 PM
If you love the Pats* so much, why not go to a Pats* board?

so you cannot be a Steeler fan and be objective on this matter......I've never said, that they were innocent or shouldn't be
punished if found guilty......

feltdizz
01-28-2015, 04:00 PM
http://cdn-s3-3.wanelo.com/product/image/3285409/x354.jpg
Sword's wearing this on SB sunday

feltdizz
01-28-2015, 04:01 PM
so you cannot be a Steeler fan and be objective on this matter......I've never said, that they were innocent or shouldn't be
punished if found guilty......

you aren't being objective, you are bending over backwards defending them

hawaiiansteel
01-28-2015, 04:37 PM

while he's BBQing...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b5/a3/b5/b5a3b53aabf868afa8c102e852595c80.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
01-28-2015, 05:08 PM

That football has too much air in it. ;)

bostonsteeler
01-28-2015, 10:54 PM
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/deflategate/

Another long, wordy bit of zero-content prose.

Yeah, the refs, who get to handle the balls a few times a game, a couple of games per year, handle them much more than the guy who gets to palm it and grip it and throw or hand it off every single offensive snap.

I managed to get through a few paragraphs of the drivel. The guy thinks he's a reporter or something and has tried hard to be one.

Sword
01-29-2015, 08:56 AM
you aren't being objective, you are bending over backwards defending them

Show me where I'm not being objective? No different, when I defended Ben when people were calling him a rapist or Tomlin stepping on the field to name a few...
One thing we learned is you are not.....

Slapstick
01-29-2015, 09:00 AM
Show me where I'm not being objective? No different, when I defended Ben when people were calling him a rapist or Tomlin stepping on the field to name a few...

There is a difference between being objective and simply ignoring information...

Sword
01-29-2015, 09:03 AM
Another long, wordy bit of zero-content prose.

Yeah, the refs, who get to handle the balls a few times a game, a couple of games per year, handle them much more than the guy who gets to palm it and grip it and throw or hand it off every single offensive snap.

I managed to get through a few paragraphs of the drivel. The guy thinks he's a reporter or something and has tried hard to be one.

What? the refs handling the ball a few times a game, a couple of games per year? What kind of football do you watch?

Slapstick
01-29-2015, 09:10 AM
What? the refs handling the ball a few times a game, a couple of games per year? What kind of football do you watch?

The refs are part-time. You can't seriously believe that the refs handle a football as much as Tom Brady. Brady has more than 7000 pass attempts alone...that does not count handoffs or sacks in the regular season. Neither does that count preseason nor postseason. Neither does that count training camps. Nor OTAs. Nor practices. It also doesn't count his college, high school or pop warner time. Brady has basically spent the last 30 years with a football in his hand. A part-time ref can't possibly match that.

Sword
01-29-2015, 09:16 AM
The refs are part-time. You can't seriously believe that the refs handle a football as much as Tom Brady. Brady has more than 7000 pass attempts alone...that does not count handoffs or sacks in the regular season. Neither does that count preseason nor postseason. Neither does that count training camps. Nor OTAs. Nor practices. It also doesn't count his college, high school or pop warner time. Brady has basically spent the last 30 years with a football in his hand. A part-time ref can't possibly match that.

I never said, that the refs match Brady on handling the ball... but a few times a game? a couple of games a year?...what is that?

feltdizz
01-29-2015, 11:45 AM

I'm not objective when it comes to the Pats**.... oh, the horror.

Mr.wizard
01-29-2015, 07:25 PM

You are being objective and that seems to be why some have a problem on here, I just gave up arguing about it. The refs handle the balls throughout the games, they test the balls before the games and they are the ones paid to know if the ball is regulation ( size, shape, texture, pressure) if anyone should know it should be them.

Sugar
01-29-2015, 07:35 PM
You are being objective and that seems to be why some have a problem on here, I just gave up arguing about it. The refs handle the balls throughout the games, they test the balls before the games and they are the ones paid to know if the ball is regulation ( size, shape, texture, pressure) if anyone should know it should be them.

Agreed. Like you, and probably many others, I've just quit bothering. It's not worth my time to argue about it.

Slapstick
01-29-2015, 08:35 PM
Nobody really argues that point. The arguing truly comes in when the refs failure somehow absolves the perpetrators of any wrongdoing...it does not...

bostonsteeler
01-29-2015, 10:00 PM
I never said, that the refs match Brady on handling the ball... but a few times a game? a couple of games a year?...what is that?

THe refs are part time. Each game has multiple refs, each ref handles the ball a few times.
Few refs get 16 games a year..

Long insinuated that the refs handle the balls more than the people who play the game.

hawaiiansteel
01-30-2015, 03:20 AM
THe refs are part time.

it's time for the NFL to have full-time referees...

SteelBuckeye
01-30-2015, 11:02 AM

Right. And they were regulation when they checked them before the game and not w/in regulation when they checked them at half-time. These are two things they DID know.