PDA

View Full Version : The New England Patriots Prevention of Fumbles is Nearly Impossible - must read Link

Captain Crunch
01-23-2015, 06:19 PM
What does this Sharp Football Analysis article tell everyone? Seems this AFC Championship home game wasn't an anomaly.

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/?p=2932

BradshawsHairdresser
01-23-2015, 06:49 PM
When I click on the link, I get a message that the website is offline. Please give us the gist of the article.

SteelBuckeye
01-23-2015, 07:10 PM
When I click on the link, I get a message that the website is offline. Please give us the gist of the article.

If you click the "x" on the message, you can read the article. However, the gist of the article is that if you take any 5 year period from 2007 - 2014, the Pats** fumble and lose fumbles at a rate that is so astronomically low when compared to the rest of the league that there is no way it is happenstance. i.e. it is likely the Pats** have been deflating footballs since right around the time Spygate broke. Also important to note is that this is the first year that QBs were allowed to prepare footballs to their preference; a concession gained from the league that was sponsored by one ... Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-23-2015, 07:44 PM
Here's a cached link that might work for some of you:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/?p=2932

Bottom line, it is statistically impossible for the **'s to have had as few of fumbles as they have since 2007--and statistically impossible for them to be as much better than the league at preventing fumbles as they've been in that time frame...

It's undeniable that a ball that is underinflated is easier to hold on to.

Perhaps they've been underinflating balls for years.

The cloud of suspicion continues to grow.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-23-2015, 07:54 PM
BTW, this ought to silence the people that are saying, "It wasn't a factor in the Indy game so it isn't important." If underinflation is what enabled them to have such good ball security, they may not have gotten to the AFCC game without it. And what about other teams that may have made the playoffs, or achieved a higher seeding in those years, if not for **'s inflation cheating?

Jooser
01-23-2015, 09:38 PM
Another thing to consider in this fumble/lost scenario: The RB position has been a revolving door up there for years. They haven't relied on one feature back in a very long time. So, that many different backs over the years, and still achieve this? WOW.

Moonie
01-23-2015, 10:16 PM
I would have never thought it possible, but the Patriots are more crooked and corrupt than the Catholic Church.

BowCatShot
01-23-2015, 11:44 PM
I would have never thought it possible, but the Patriots are more crooked and corrupt than the Catholic Church.

But not nearly as crooked and corrupt as Hollywood, the news media, The White House and the rest of Washington D.C.

Moonie
01-24-2015, 12:37 AM
But not nearly as crooked and corrupt as Hollywood, the news media, The White House and the rest of Washington D.C.

Wrong. The Patriots are more corrupt than the Catholic Church and goddam Hollywood combined!