PDA

View Full Version : Steeler FO did OK: Wallace might be out of football next year

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-17-2015, 02:47 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000459691/article/stephen-ross-unsure-if-mike-wallace-will-return

Stephen Ross unsure if Mike Wallace will return

By Chris Wesseling
Around the NFL Writer
Published: Jan. 16, 2015 at 04:07 p.m.
Updated: Jan. 17, 2015 at 11:37 a.m.

After benching himself in the Dolphins' season finale, Mike Wallace acknowledged his precarious future in Miami.

The generously compensated wide receiver has good reason to question his standing with Dolphins management.

Owner Stephen Ross was noncommittal Friday when asked if Wallace will be back for the third year of a five-year, $60 million contract signed in 2013.

"I don't think anyone really knows," Ross added, via Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald.

Wallace is untradeable with a salary scheduled to cost $12.1 million against the salary cap. Per The Miami Herald, he is unwilling to accept a pay cut.

I remember a lot of us were questioning the wisdom of the way the whole thing went down with Brown vs. Wallace. Just goes to show, those guys might just have some insight we might not!

BradshawsHairdresser
01-17-2015, 03:52 PM
According to some posters, Wallace didn't really quit on his team in that last game...the coaches just decided to bench him.

Yeah, that explains why they might dump their leading receiver and take a huge $$$$ hit, getting nothing in return.:roll:

NorthCoast
01-18-2015, 11:38 AM
​Young Money is about to become Dead Money.

Oviedo
01-18-2015, 03:25 PM
According to some posters, Wallace didn't really quit on his team in that last game...the coaches just decided to bench him.

Yeah, that explains why they might dump their leading receiver and take a huge $$$$ hit, getting nothing in return.:roll:

Wallace is all about Wallace. He was afraid to stay here because he knew Brown was going to outwork him and be better and earn the admiration of teammates and fans.

He quit on the Steelers his last year here, he quit on the Dolphins this past season, but I will repeat what I have said before...there are a lot of Dolphins fans here in Florida that can't stand the guy.

Two cities, two teams same outcome...sooner or later you have to wake up and recognize it is the player.

The Dolphins are going to spin it that "the coaches made the call" because they may want to get something in a potential trade and cancer doesn't trade well. However, reading the papers here locally it was clear Wallace was the problem.

Oviedo
01-18-2015, 03:28 PM
​Young Money is about to become Dead Money.

Bad money will become worse money. Serves the Dolphins right for paying the ridiculous salary they gave a one dimensional WR.

ikestops85
01-18-2015, 09:36 PM
He'll probably go to the Patriots and become a star again. Uhhgg!!

Discipline of Steel
01-18-2015, 10:06 PM
Isnt Stonio out of football already?
Wallace will be soon.

Mr.wizard
01-18-2015, 10:52 PM
Ya nobody will want a guy who scored 10 tds, his career is definitely over :rolleyes:, besides the front office doesn't need Wallace to fail to justify the move, AB has justified the move 100 times over.

Shoe
01-18-2015, 11:43 PM
I remember a lot of us were questioning the wisdom of the way the whole thing went down with Brown vs. Wallace. Just goes to show, those guys might just have some insight we might not!

I don't remember it that way. I think most fans realized the price tag on Wallace was too much, paying a #2 WR (which Wallace is) as a #1 WR.

Sugar
01-19-2015, 12:46 AM
... or he'll wind up in AZ.

Mr.wizard
01-19-2015, 07:37 AM
I don't remember it that way. I think most fans realized the price tag on Wallace was too much, paying a #2 WR (which Wallace is) as a #1 WR.

Wallace was a #1, in Pittsburgh and still is in Miami.

Oviedo
01-19-2015, 08:33 AM
Wallace was a #1, in Pittsburgh and still is in Miami.

He was a #1 here only because Brown was young. Had he stayed he would not had been the #1 now. Not too many in Miami see him as a legit #1. As a matter of fact they see him like many did when he was here. Fast guy who can't make tough catches.

Look how great this worked out for the Steelers. The right player in Brown got the money and we have a player who could become better that Wallace because he actually has better skills and will fight for ball with Bryant...plus much less expensive and cap friendly.

Oviedo
01-19-2015, 08:35 AM

Going the Patriots isn't going to have him gain WR skills he doesn't have.

feltdizz
01-19-2015, 09:01 AM
Wallace is all about Wallace. He was afraid to stay here because he knew Brown was going to outwork him and be better and earn the admiration of teammates and fans.

He quit on the Steelers his last year here, he quit on the Dolphins this past season, but I will repeat what I have said before...there are a lot of Dolphins fans here in Florida that can't stand the guy.

Two cities, two teams same outcome...sooner or later you have to wake up and recognize it is the player.

The Dolphins are going to spin it that "the coaches made the call" because they may want to get something in a potential trade and cancer doesn't trade well. However, reading the papers here locally it was clear Wallace was the problem.

Wallace wasn't afraid of Brown, he was afraid of leaving money on the table....

Oviedo
01-19-2015, 11:23 AM
Wallace wasn't afraid of Brown, he was afraid of leaving money on the table....

We can disagree. I think he saw how good Brown was going to become and how the coaching staff and players interacted with Brown. I think he saw that he would eventually be the #2 and catch heat here for the inflated contract he couldn't earn on the field. Kinda funny that is exactly what has happened in Miami.

feltdizz
01-19-2015, 11:45 AM
We can disagree. I think he saw how good Brown was going to become and how the coaching staff and players interacted with Brown. I think he saw that he would eventually be the #2 and catch heat here for the inflated contract he couldn't earn on the field. Kinda funny that is exactly what has happened in Miami.

umm... that makes no sense at all.

Brown wasn't even sniffing the endzone with Wallace on the field.

SS Laser
01-19-2015, 02:49 PM
umm... that makes no sense at all.

Brown wasn't even sniffing the endzone with Wallace on the field. TD's had nothing to do with Wallace seeing Browns work ethic very day! How the coaches and other players interacted with him. How the QB was looking for Brown in practice! Heck the FO gave Brown the on contract. For 100% fact was it even offered to Wallace first? Wallace of course wanted his $$$$$$$. But he did know how good AB was going to be. Oh and they had a friendly wager for some serious $$ who would have a better 2014 season. Guess who won again. :)

Snatch98
01-19-2015, 02:57 PM
TD's had nothing to do with Wallace seeing Browns work ethic very day! How the coaches and other players interacted with him. How the QB was looking for Brown in practice! Heck the FO gave Brown the on contract. For 100% fact was it even offered to Wallace first? Wallace of course wanted his $$$$$$$. But he did know how good AB was going to be. Oh and they had a friendly wager for some serious $$ who would have a better 2014 season. Guess who won again. :)

I thought the wager was with Sanders not Wallace?

SS Laser
01-19-2015, 03:20 PM
I thought the wager was with Sanders not Wallace?
Oh DANG you could be correct there sir. My BAD.I would say AB still won the bet if it was with Sanders. Anyway AB still wins over Wallace every single day and twice on sundays!

hawaiiansteel
01-19-2015, 04:10 PM
Wallace of course wanted his $$$$$$$.

Wallace is all about the $...

feltdizz
01-19-2015, 04:20 PM
TD's had nothing to do with Wallace seeing Browns work ethic very day! How the coaches and other players interacted with him. How the QB was looking for Brown in practice! Heck the FO gave Brown the on contract. For 100% fact was it even offered to Wallace first? Wallace of course wanted his $$$$$$$. But he did know how good AB was going to be. Oh and they had a friendly wager for some serious $$ who would have a better 2014 season. Guess who won again. :)

it's 100% fact that Wallace was offered a contract before Brown.

whether he knew Brown would be a better WR or not is irrelevant...

He wanted top dollar and he went to Miami to get it.

Shoe
01-19-2015, 06:08 PM
Wallace is all about the $...

You guys are acting like that is a knock. Most guys are "regular Joe's", and they have to look at the money FIRST. If you are offered $17m to play at one place, and are offered $13m at another place (just made up numbers), you have to go with the first place. That's FOUR MILLION DOLLARS you're leaving on the table.

There are a select few, who are making $50, 60, 70m, upwards of $100m. Those guys can give the "hometown discount". Wallace did what you, I, and everyone else here would've done.

Mr.wizard
01-19-2015, 06:18 PM
He was a #1 here only because Brown was young. Had he stayed he would not had been the #1 now. Not too many in Miami see him as a legit #1. As a matter of fact they see him like many did when he was here. Fast guy who can't make tough catches.

Look how great this worked out for the Steelers. The right player in Brown got the money and we have a player who could become better that Wallace because he actually has better skills and will fight for ball with Bryant...plus much less expensive and cap friendly.

Wallace leaving had nothing to do with brown, the steelers offered Wallace a contract before Brown, he turned them down, it wasn't the other way around. He left because he knew he could get more money in free agency. Not even AB predicted he was going to be this good, if he thought he would be this good he never would of signed the deal he got. Yes he is viewed here in south florida as a number 1 receiver, in fact listening to sports talk radio here in Miami the fans want Wallace back, and are questioning the coaches and the QB.

hawaiiansteel
01-19-2015, 07:01 PM
Wallace did what you, I, and everyone else here would've done.

no, I would never quit on my team...

BradshawsHairdresser
01-19-2015, 09:07 PM
Wallace leaving had nothing to do with brown, the steelers offered Wallace a contract before Brown, he turned them down, it wasn't the other way around. He left because he knew he could get more money in free agency. Not even AB predicted he was going to be this good, if he thought he would be this good he never would of signed the deal he got. Yes he is viewed here in south florida as a number 1 receiver, in fact listening to sports talk radio here in Miami the fans want Wallace back, and are questioning the coaches and the QB.

The fans may want Wallace back, but do the Dolphins want him back?

Guess we'll find out.

bostonsteeler
01-19-2015, 11:07 PM

You credit Wallace with way too much foresight. Nobody saw Brown coming. Wallace, least of all -- he was clearly inflating his own capabilities in his mind; its inconceivable that he thought Brown could ever be better than him.

You must give it to the FO that they managed to net three valid stars (even if one of them is floundering in Miami).

Mr.wizard
01-20-2015, 07:48 AM
The fans may want Wallace back, but do the Dolphins want him back?

Guess we'll find out.

Even if the dolphin FO doesn't want him back, so what. They didn't want back Karlos Dansby, Brandon Marshall, and Vontae Davis back , but retain guys like tannehill and phillbin. They continue to shuffle guys through their system and continue to finish 8-8.

Oviedo
01-20-2015, 09:43 AM
Not sure what fans you are listening too, but I know at least a dozen fans here in the Orlando area that can't stand Wallace and see him as an "Overpaid fraud". That is the term one of them used not me although I have to agree.

feltdizz
01-20-2015, 10:29 AM
Not sure what fans you are listening too, but I know at least a dozen fans here in the Orlando area that can't stand Wallace and see him as an "Overpaid fraud". That is the term one of them used not me although I have to agree.

6 whole fans?

I'm not surprised. For some reason fans always think a high paid FA is supposed to instantly transform a team.

Anyone with some football knowledge should have known MW wasn't going to turn into Larry Fitz but that falls on the GM not MW.

It's no different then Steeler fans who expected Mike Mitchell to be all world his first year. Anyone who lives in NC could have told you he benefited from an insane front 7 and if they didn't get pressure he was suspect in coverage.

feltdizz
01-20-2015, 10:37 AM
no, I would never quit on my team...

Wallace didn't quit on us and it's easy to say you wouldn't quit on your team but best believe if you knew your team may quit on you and there was a ton of money on the line you may change your mind.

Wallace more than likely tried to stay healthy or maybe he was lost in translation due to a new OC and new offensive philosophy.

It's easy for us to say we wouldn't do XYZ but if we grew up playing WR and had 20 to 30 million on the table more than likely we would operate a little differently.

I think it's way too easy to claim we wouldn't do something because we aren't in the thick of it.

Oviedo
01-20-2015, 12:38 PM
6 whole fans?

Last I checked a dozen is at least 12! The sports bar I go to is typically tow-thirds Steelers and one-third Dolphins. After pretty much every Dolphins game we laugh at the large number (yes much more than an exact 12) of Dolphin fans who routinely spew hate for Wallace.

feltdizz
01-20-2015, 12:50 PM
Last I checked a dozen is at least 12! The sports bar I go to is typically tow-thirds Steelers and one-third Dolphins. After pretty much every Dolphins game we laugh at the large number (yes much more than an exact 12) of Dolphin fans who routinely spew hate for Wallace.

I swear I saw half a dozen....LOL

Oviedo
01-20-2015, 01:22 PM
I swear I saw half a dozen....LOLMaybe you had one eye closed;)

Starlifter
01-20-2015, 01:41 PM
I love the steelers but if I could make millions more playing for the fins - see ya later.

Guys want to make this about Wallace. Who cares? This is about the steelers accurately assessing his worth and letting him go so some other team could overpay him. Salary cap matters. The fins decision hurt them. The steelers decision helped them.

Good job.

feltdizz
01-20-2015, 02:00 PM
I love the steelers but if I could make millions more playing for the fins - see ya later.

Guys want to make this about Wallace. Who cares? This is about the steelers accurately assessing his worth and letting him go so some other team could overpay him. Salary cap matters. The fins decision hurt them. The steelers decision helped them.

Good job.

exactly....

most fans view these decisions through Steeler goggles.

How many of these fans would turn down millions to stay with their present company?

ikestops85
01-20-2015, 02:22 PM

This is where you and I differ. I think Wallace has good WR skills. That's why he was so successful with the Steelers. There were a lot of fast receivers in this league that weren't successful. Wallace knows how to use his speed ... he is great at lolling defenders to sleep and then turning it on. I agree that he isn't a good route runner, probably average at best, and he has average hands. Overall he is a good receiver ... not $10 million a year good like he thought but still a good receiver.

Brady has made many average receivers look good and I think if he can still throw the deep ball he would make Wallace look very good.

steelblood
01-20-2015, 03:11 PM
Nice hyperbole! "might be out of football"? I didn't see that anywhere. He may be untradeable, but that isn't the only option. Either the Dolphins keep him or cut him. If he is cut, he will get his bonus money and then be free to sign on with any other team. At that point, many teams would be interested and he'd surely receive offers.

fordfixer
01-20-2015, 03:36 PM

Exactly how many are in tow-third? .........(sorry I just couldn't stop myself) :D

hawaiiansteel
01-20-2015, 03:55 PM
Exactly how many are in tow-third?

ate.....:D

Oviedo
01-22-2015, 02:05 PM
Wallace still not getting love...maybe it is the player after all. THank goodness there will be no "reunion" here.

The Steelers wouldn't consider a reunion, but it's still possible the Dolphins cut their losses with the underachieving and/or under-utilized Wallace, just two years into a monster contract.

Perhaps it's poetic justice. Santonio Holmes took himself out of the game in the fourth quarter when he was with the New York Jets in 2012. Two years later, his Pittsburgh replacement, Mike Wallace, walked off the field as a member of the Dolphins in the fourth quarter against the Jets.
What does that mean?

The Steelers were smart to part ways with both of them.

The future of Mike Wallace in Miami seems to be uncertain at best, as Miami looks to find a way to add some production to a dismal offense. The decision to bring in Wallace was well-known by the time it was obvious he was on his way out in Pittsburgh. Despite no recorded evidence of tampering, Wallace managed to sign his free agent deal with the Dolphins just hours into free agency in 2013, and he's been effectively robbing the Dolphins blind ever since.

Skepticism of how and when the deal was actually done swirled around Wallace as he arrived in Miami, lacing a boom-or-bust theme around a player who used to be the best vertical target in the league (some might even brag about calling almost to the dollar his exact contract). His alleged complaints behind the scenes regarding opportunities come just two years into a five-year, $60 million deal with $30 million guaranteed. He has 1,792 yards combined since joining the Dolphins and is averaging 70 catches a season. Those figures are both less than Antonio Brown's cumulative total of his last 18 games. And rookie fourth-round pick Martavis Bryant put up comparable numbers (26 catches, 549 yards, eight touchdowns) as Wallace did his rookie season with the Steelers (39 catches, 756 yards, six touchdowns).

By releasing Wallace before he's owed $9.8 million in roster salary next year, the Dolphins would take on $9.6 million in dead money. That's a hefty sum for a player who appears to be only be worth about 30 percent of what he's already been paid. The whole thing reeks of a Patriots-fueled career revival for Wallace, but for now, Steelers fans can remember him as the player who gave the team the most when he was playing for the least amount of money in his career.

hawaiiansteel
01-22-2015, 03:35 PM
2015 Senior Bowl: Wednesday Rumor Mill

By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

With all the general managers, coaches and scouts in attendance for the Senior Bowl there is a lot of chatter going around. Here are some of the highlights from the rumormill on day three.

The Dolphins are targeting a speed receiver, which makes Mike Wallace's future in Miami perfectly clear. Dolphins general manager Dennis Hickey didn't like Wallace coming out of Ole Miss, and sources say it would be surprising if Wallace came back to Miami next season. The organization's actions are speaking volumes.

The Dolphins have shown a ton of interest in speedster receivers Devin Smith (Ohio State) and Philip Dorsett (Miami). It looks as though the Dolphins are getting ready to dump Wallace and draft a cheaper replacement. While running Tampa Bay's drafts as the college director, Hickey didn't draft a wide receiver in the first round, so it seems more likely that Miami would take a wideout on the second day of the 2015 NFL Draft. Thus, Dorsett and Smith make sense.

http://www.walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2015rumors3.php

Moonie
01-22-2015, 08:33 PM

Maybe he's really good at catching deflated footballs?

papillon
01-23-2015, 08:00 AM
Maybe you had one eye closed;)

ROTFLAMO

Pappy

papillon
01-23-2015, 08:01 AM
exactly....

How many of these fans would turn down millions to stay with their present company?

Depends on how many millions I'm already making, how many more millions the other business is offering and whether I want to move my family, commute farther, travel more, etc. sometimes it isn't about the money.

Pappy

feltdizz
01-23-2015, 09:22 AM
Depends on how many millions I'm already making, how many more millions the other business is offering and whether I want to move my family, commute farther, travel more, etc. sometimes it isn't about the money.

Pappy

It's always about the money Pappy... especially when it's your first BIG contract.

hawaiiansteel
01-26-2015, 12:42 AM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/a2/a22e7ff6d8402b7d490f1d6fb00f9325f59b4a710f81b339ec 4e14bb8cefb25f.jpg

Chadman
01-26-2015, 02:55 AM
How incredible is it that we can debate the value of a guy with nearly 6000 receiving yards in his career, 47 TD's in his career & a YPC average of 15.6?

All achieved in 6 seasons.

I'm happy to admit that I got the Brown/Wallace value wrong, but too many people, for too long, have incorrectly valued Wallace as a WR. The dude can play. He's just in a terrible team.

If the Dolphins cut him, he will make some other QB that can actually play very happy.

Oviedo
01-26-2015, 10:12 AM
How incredible is it that we can debate the value of a guy with nearly 6000 receiving yards in his career, 47 TD's in his career & a YPC average of 15.6?

I'm happy to admit that I got the Brown/Wallace value wrong, but too many people, for too long, have incorrectly valued Wallace as a WR. The dude can play. He's just in a terrible team.

If the Dolphins cut him, he will make some other QB that can actually play very happy.
It is incredible that a WR who is as inconsistent and unreliable as Wallace did create those stats, but he is clearly trending down. Plus a WR in the league today being a "stats accumulator" is much different than being a "difference maker." "Terrible team," really? Tannehill is ranked just behind Brady and ahead of Flacco

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticPositionCategory=QUARTERBACK&season=2014&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=1&qualified=false&Submit=Go

Can't blame other Miami players because the team would had been much better if Wallace had made some clutch catches. That is why Miami fans don't like him. He fades in the big moments.

feltdizz
01-26-2015, 10:38 AM

yeah. this is insane...

I'm happy we got it right but people act like if Wallace would have stayed in Pittsburgh he would have faded like he did in Miami. Not true at all.. honestly, if we kept Brown and Wallace we may have never seen Brown peak like this because Ben would have been tossing half those passes to Wallace on go routes.

Wallace was good for us and we used him perfectly. Sucks for Miami that they overvalued a player who isn't as well rounded as his stats suggested.

feltdizz
01-26-2015, 10:40 AM
It is incredible that a WR who is as inconsistent and unreliable as Wallace did create those stats, but he is clearly trending down. Plus a WR in the league today being a "stats accumulator" is much different than being a "difference maker." "Terrible team," really? Tannehill is ranked just behind Brady and ahead of Flacco

Can't blame other Miami players because the team would had been much better if Wallace had made some clutch catches. That is why Miami fans don't like him. He fades in the big moments.

and Miami would be much better if the OL wasn't in shambles 2 years ago or if the other 9 or 10 players on offense stepped up at clutch times. Sure, Wallace got the big bucks so the pressure is on him but bringing in one WR has never transformed a team from good to awesome.

I'm happy our FO knows this but far too many others haven't figured this out.

Also unsure why fans with football knowledge are showing how foolish they are by blaming Wallace for all of Miami's woes.

Oviedo
01-26-2015, 11:16 AM
Also unsure why fans with football knowledge are showing how foolish they are by blaming Wallace for all of Miami's woes.
Didn't Wallace bring that on himself demanding top WR money? I don't blame the fans for expecting a player to live up to his contract and the expectations that player makes when he takes the "big contract."

phillyesq
01-26-2015, 12:10 PM
exactly....

That's not really a fair comparison. A million dollars is a lot of money. But if the difference is between $9 million and $10 million, that last million isn't nearly as life changing.

The real question is would you take a raise of x% to leave a good work situation to go to a situation that is likely to be less favorable.

papillon
01-26-2015, 12:16 PM
yeah. this is insane...

I'm happy we got it right but people act like if Wallace would have stayed in Pittsburgh he would have faded like he did in Miami. Not true at all.. honestly, if we kept Brown and Wallace we may have never seen Brown peak like this because Ben would have been tossing half those passes to Wallace on go routes.

Wallace was good for us and we used him perfectly. Sucks for Miami that they overvalued a player who isn't as well rounded as his stats suggested.

I just don't see how AB doesn't still become who he is, simply because I don't think Wallace can out work him. AB is being mentioned as being a fanatic in his work ethic, Wallace was never that guy.

Pappy

Oviedo
01-26-2015, 01:49 PM
I just don't see how AB doesn't still become who he is, simply because I don't think Wallace can out work him. AB is being mentioned as being a fanatic in his work ethic, Wallace was never that guy.

Pappy

On the mark! Wallace saw it which is why he didn't want to stay. He knew he would always be on the wrong side of the comparisons.

Captain Lemming
01-26-2015, 02:41 PM
and Miami would be much better if the OL wasn't in shambles 2 years ago or if the other 9 or 10 players on offense stepped up at clutch times. Sure, Wallace got the big bucks so the pressure is on him but bringing in one WR has never transformed a team from good to awesome.

I'm happy our FO knows this but far too many others haven't figured this out.

The Miami FO was foolish.....related to Wallace. THAT is the point. Therefore, on that level HE IS a big part of their problem.
Wallace makes the team worse BECAUSE his play is not commensurate with his pay wrecking their cap, not because he cant play at all.

I never blamed Wallace......Rich and in Miami versus Pittsburgh....to live, never mind the money.

But as Steeler fans we take glee in knowing we were smart (actually he saved us by his greed, we would have signed him over Brown if he took the money, and Brown would have been priced out of our budget).

The rookie showed that we can take any second fiddle college receiver with sprinter speed and make him a scary weapon as long as we have Ben.

Shoe
01-27-2015, 01:32 AM
On the mark! Wallace saw it which is why he didn't want to stay. He knew he would always be on the wrong side of the comparisons.

You don't really believe that, do you? This is a guy who's ego is so run amuck, he benches himself because he is disgruntled in the way his generous employer is choosing to utilize his blameless skills. You don't really think he thinks he takes a backseat to AB, do you?

hawaiiansteel
02-13-2015, 03:54 PM
NFL Rumors - Feb. 12 Updates:

The Dolphins are considering restructuring Mike Wallace's contract rather than cutting him. - Barry Jackson, Miami Herald

http://www.walterfootball.com/nflrumors.php

hawaiiansteel
02-25-2015, 08:06 PM
Dolphins WR Mike Wallace not in 2015 promotional video

Chris Perkins, Dolphins writer
February 24, 2015

Disgruntled wide receiver Mike Wallace was conspicuously absent from a promotional video the team showed to the media Tuesday during a Sun Life Stadium renovation designed to promote the Samsung Business Preview Center and sell season tickets.

It was an interesting omission considering Wallace is among the team’s top players, and almost all of the other top players – quarterback Ryan Tannehill, cornerback Brent Grimes, defensive end Cam Wake, running back Lamar Miller – were included on the video that hyped the excitement for the coming season.

The absence of such a prominent player can't be accidental, but it's unclear what it means beyond perhaps Wallace's return doesn't appear as certain as say, Miller's. That's a sobering thought.

The Preview Center, which will be used to guide current and prospective season ticket holders through a computerized tour of the renovated stadium, and the master plan up upgrade the stadium, came off as very impressive.

New seats, state of the art technology and interactive displays are all part of the experience.

The high-dollar fans will be extremely pleased with the Sun Life Stadium renovations.

Regular fans will be pleased with the upgrades on concessions, the canopy that will keep them out of the sun and rain, and the innovative touches brought to the stadium from Samsung Business and IOMEDIA.

But back to what most fans really care about…

Wallace, who is due to count $12.1 million on the salary cap next season, was benched for the second half of the season finale against the New York Jets after an alleged disagreement with team personnel at halftime. Wallace was frustrated and angered by the way he was used in the game, and all season. Valued for his speed, Wallace has seldom had the opportunity to run deep routes the last two seasons because Tannehill isn’t adept at making accurate deep throws.

That’s left Wallace wondering about his place on the team, and the Dolphins haven’t said anything publicly to ease Wallace’s mind or the chatter from fans.

Wallace’s frustration, and the ridiculous nature of the situation, reached a new low after the game when fellow wide receiver Brandon Gibson became Wallace’s mouthpiece after the Jets game.

The Dolphins have been mum on Wallace’s status. General manager Dennis Hickey had dinner with Wallace earlier this month

Hickey sidestepped questions about Wallace during last week’s NFL Scouting Combine, specifically one about whether he understood Wallace’s frustration with the offense.

“For all of us, as the season unfolded, late in the year, we were all frustrated about how the season ended,” Hickey said. “That's what we're focused on now, addressing, confronting the reality of where we're at, and how do we get to where we want to be?

“That's what we spent the last five or six weeks looking at hard, and talking through and working together in a collaborative fashion, to work through that. The goal is to be better."

There was no talk at the Combine about the Dolphins shopping Wallace, and there’s almost no way they’d release him outright.

So right now, it appears he’s in the Dolphins’ plans for 2015, unless you use that promotional video as an indicator.

http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-82903687/

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-25-2015, 11:59 PM
He tweeted his apologies, but didn't want to interrupt his twice daily 100 sprints up the stadium steps.

hawaiiansteel
02-26-2015, 11:35 PM
The Dolphins have placed Mike Wallace on the trading block. - Ian Rapoport

JoshBroski
02-27-2015, 02:42 AM
lol he won't be out of football. He still had 10 TDs. Tannehill is pretty average and overachieved last season.

DBR96A
02-27-2015, 03:37 AM

Good luck with that.

squidkid
02-27-2015, 06:05 AM
i'm expecting lots on here willing to give up multiple high round picks to get him back.

feltdizz
02-27-2015, 09:46 AM
Good luck with that.

I don't see anyone making that trade.

Discipline of Steel
02-27-2015, 10:04 AM
I don't see anyone making that trade.

Maybe if they throw another player into the mix and ask for nothing in return.

feltdizz
02-27-2015, 10:37 AM
Maybe if they throw another player into the mix and ask for nothing in return.

lol... who is the other player?

RuthlessBurgher
02-27-2015, 11:36 AM
lol... who is the other player?

Mike Pouncey. ;)

feltdizz
02-27-2015, 11:44 AM
Mike Pouncey. ;)

no way.. he wears hats and has a brother who is extremely overrated

RuthlessBurgher
02-27-2015, 12:57 PM
no way.. he wears hats and has a brother who is extremely overrated

Just imagine when their Wonder Twins powers are activated, and they can block opposing d-linemen in the form of an animal and water of some sort. Of course, we would then have to sign Gleek the space monkey as a free agent.

Discipline of Steel
02-27-2015, 01:13 PM
Just imagine when their Wonder Twins powers are activated, and they can block opposing d-linemen in the form of an animal and water of some sort. Of course, we would then have to sign Gleek the space monkey as a free agent.

That needs to all come as part of the package to take Wallace and his contract off their hands.

Oviedo
02-27-2015, 01:16 PM

Who can't just laugh when recalling the predictions of how the Steelers offense would suffer without Wallace. If anything, one could make the case Wallace may had been holding the offense back. Amazing how stupid teams like the Dolphins can be when evaluating a player.

feltdizz
02-27-2015, 01:37 PM
Who can't just laugh when recalling the predictions of how the Steelers offense would suffer without Wallace. If anything, one could make the case Wallace may had been holding the offense back. Amazing how stupid teams like the Dolphins can be when evaluating a player.

Dub said AB would find the endzone once every 6 games or some crazy dumb stat. There are a ton of stupid FO's who think paying a WR big money is the way to win games.

Steelers have always treated the WR position like most teams treat RB's these days.

I think WR is a position where you can find GREAT talent from small schools.

squidkid
02-27-2015, 05:09 PM
Dub said AB would find the endzone once every 6 games or some crazy dumb stat. There are a ton of stupid FO's who think paying a WR big money is the way to win games.

Steelers have always treated the WR position like most teams treat RB's these days.

I think WR is a position where you can find GREAT talent from small schools.

there were a ton a 'fans' that wanted to pay wallace big money

Discipline of Steel
02-27-2015, 05:39 PM

Well to be fair, he would likely have had better stats with Big Ben than Tiny Tannehill.

hawaiiansteel
02-27-2015, 10:33 PM
2015 NFL Free Agency: Sorry wide receivers, but it's a buyer's market

by Jason La Canfora

Mike Wallace: According to numerous general managers, the only name being actively shopped right now is Miami's Mike Wallace, which comes as no surprise as the Dolphins were gauging interest in him and exploring trade possibilities a year ago as well, after Wallace's first turbulent season with the club. Moving Wallace's outsized contract ($12M/year) -- $8.5M of his base salary becomes fully guaranteed on March 13 and no way is that going to happen in Miami -- could prove to be impossible but the Dolphins are searching. Wallace might have a hard time getting half of his current average salary per season on the open market and I continue to hear he's interested in a return to Pittsburgh, though it remains to be seen how the Steelers feel about that. Miami has already cut loose veteran receiver Brian Hartline, who also signed a big deal two years ago.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...-buyers-market

Moonie
02-27-2015, 11:03 PM

.........continue to hear he's interested in a return to Pittsburgh.............

Is this true? I knew he was a prima donna and could care less about his team, but maybe he does a lot of LSD too, if he thinks the Steelers have any interest whatsoever in bringing him back.

Discipline of Steel
02-28-2015, 06:47 AM
Well to be fair, he would likely have had better stats with Big Ben than Tiny Tannehill.

Maybe he now realizes that...

papillon
02-28-2015, 08:11 AM

by Jason La Canfora

Mike Wallace: According to numerous general managers, the only name being actively shopped right now is Miami's Mike Wallace, which comes as no surprise as the Dolphins were gauging interest in him and exploring trade possibilities a year ago as well, after Wallace's first turbulent season with the club. Moving Wallace's outsized contract ($12M/year) -- $8.5M of his base salary becomes fully guaranteed on March 13 and no way is that going to happen in Miami -- could prove to be impossible but the Dolphins are searching. Wallace might have a hard time getting half of his current average salary per season on the open market and I continue to hear he's interested in a return to Pittsburgh, though it remains to be seen how the Steelers feel about that. Miami has already cut loose veteran receiver Brian Hartline, who also signed a big deal two years ago.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...-buyers-market

I hope the interest is only on his part. If the Dolphins release him, can teams negotiate a completely new contract with him? The Dolphins are on the hook for the guaranteed money in his current deal, correct?

Pappy

feltdizz
02-28-2015, 08:40 AM
Maybe he now realizes that...

He wants to come back to Pittsburgh because he realizes now that money doesn't make you a better WR.

Wallace made his bed

papillon
02-28-2015, 08:41 AM
He wants to come back to Pittsburgh because he realizes now that money doesn't make you a better WR.

Wallace made his bed

And, then he wet it. :D

Pappy

feltdizz
02-28-2015, 08:42 AM

yep, thank goodness our FO didn't budge.

I blame Tomlin

phillyesq
02-28-2015, 09:16 AM
I hope the interest is only on his part.
Pappy

Pappy, I think that you have the same chance of playing WR for the Steelers that Wallace does. Regardless of whether he has interest, there is no way the Steelers take him, with or without that bloated salary.

Discipline of Steel
02-28-2015, 10:11 AM
Pappy, I think that you have the same chance of playing WR for the Steelers that Wallace does. Regardless of whether he has interest, there is no way the Steelers take him, with or without that bloated salary.

Bryant is better

papillon
02-28-2015, 11:16 AM

Hey, my wife was able to get a credit card under my feet when I tested my vertical, she used an hour glass to check my 40, a foot ruler to measure my broad jump, and I can roll 225 pounds 100 yards if I absolutely have to, what are you saying about me playing WR for the Steelers? :D

Pappy

Discipline of Steel
02-28-2015, 11:31 AM
Hey, my wife was able to get a credit card under my feet when I tested my vertical, she used an hour glass to check my 40, a foot ruler to measure my broad jump, and I can roll 225 pounds 100 yards if I absolutely have to, what are you saying about me playing WR for the Steelers? :D

Pappy

Combine parameters dont tell the entire story about an individuals ability to play professional football!

birtikidis
02-28-2015, 11:54 AM
My couch is 10 yards from my refrigerator. No one in the NFL can get up to get a beer and back to the couch faster than I can. I also have position flexibility. Prone and drooping. Think I got a shot?

feltdizz
02-28-2015, 12:41 PM
Bryant is better
I hope so... Bryant hasn't shown me he is anything more than MW when comparing production.

Bryant 26 catches 549 yards 8 TDs
Wallace 39 catches 756 yards 6 TDs

Granted Bryant didnt dress for 6 games but I think MW playing time was limited early on until Sweed showed he was unreliable.

Bryant has a better attitude but MW wasnt a head case until his 3rd or 4th year.

squidkid
02-28-2015, 04:06 PM

Wallace made his bed

wallace never cared about becoming a better wr. he only cared about money.

RuthlessBurgher
02-28-2015, 04:32 PM

If Plaxico Burress can come back, then I imagine anyone could. Not bloody likely, though.

feltdizz
02-28-2015, 04:33 PM
wallace never cared about becoming a better wr. he only cared about money.

I have no idea how hard Wallace works on his craft. Some guys have a lower ceiling than others and Wallace looks like he made the most of his talents. He doesn't appear to be naturally gifted at catching a football and he looks like someone who didn't play a lot of football as a kid.

He definitely cashed out but I can't blame him. Only way I would take him back is if it was pennies on the dollar.

feltdizz
02-28-2015, 04:34 PM
If Plaxico Burress can come back, then I imagine anyone could. Not bloody likely, though.

I said Plax would NEVER come back and 3 days later he was a Steeler.

Oviedo
03-01-2015, 11:31 AM
Screw Wallace. He rejected the team and showed his true colors chasing the money that he couldn't live up to. The Steelers should reject him and tell him to shove his money up his backside. I wouldn't take a single down from Wheaton or Bryant for Wallace. Bringing back a potential disease won't make this team better. What will he do when he isn't getting the play time because Bryant and Wheaton are better...pout like Blount?

AzStillers1989
03-01-2015, 01:26 PM
Screw Wallace. He rejected the team and showed his true colors chasing the money that he couldn't live up to. The Steelers should reject him and tell him to shove his money up his backside. I wouldn't take a single down from Wheaton or Bryant for Wallace. Bringing back a potential disease won't make this team better. What will he do when he isn't getting the play time because Bryant and Wheaton are better...pout like Blount?i agree 100%. Wallace is 'soft' and not a STEELER.... I would rather have santonio "that's how you be great" Holmes over mike "I won't jump for a ball" Wallace....

Moonie
03-01-2015, 01:28 PM
Screw Wallace. He rejected the team and showed his true colors chasing the money that he couldn't live up to. The Steelers should reject him and tell him to shove his money up his backside. I wouldn't take a single down from Wheaton or Bryant for Wallace. Bringing back a potential disease won't make this team better. What will he do when he isn't getting the play time because Bryant and Wheaton are better...pout like Blount?

He will pout like Blount, then get Darrius Heyward-Bey to be his mouthpiece in post-game interviews whining about why no one throws the ball to him on fly routes. The Steelers have absolutely no need for this weirdo (who has a NFL shelf life of 2 years max), and I doubt many teams do.

Sugar
03-01-2015, 02:42 PM
The Browns need WR's. He could play for them.

RuthlessBurgher
03-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Can he play corner? ;-) :stirpot

Discipline of Steel
03-02-2015, 12:23 PM
Can he play corner? ;-) :stirpot

Yes, street corner

feltdizz
03-02-2015, 12:49 PM
Yes, street corner

oh my damn... lol

hawaiiansteel
03-08-2015, 01:54 AM
Ed Bouchette retweeted
Jason_OTC @Jason_OTC -

Let the #Dolphins 2013 free agent class be example 1 as to why you cant get too crazy about what happens these next two weeks

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette

RuthlessBurgher
03-08-2015, 01:18 PM
Ed Bouchette retweeted
Jason_OTC @Jason_OTC -

Let the #Dolphins 2013 free agent class be example 1 as to why you cant get too crazy about what happens these next two weeks

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette

They don't learn, apparently. Those same Fins are set to give Suh a $114 million contract including $60 million guaranteed.

Discipline of Steel
03-08-2015, 01:41 PM
I actually think Suh is going to work out very well for them.

hawaiiansteel
03-08-2015, 04:10 PM
They don't learn, apparently. Those same Fins are set to give Suh a $114 million contract including $60 million guaranteed.

"Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."

feltdizz
03-08-2015, 05:17 PM
I actually think Suh is going to work out very well for them.

I could see Suh getting a suspension for kicking someone right before a critical game...

Miami is turning into the Deadskins...

RuthlessBurgher
03-13-2015, 06:48 PM
@NFL_RealUpdates: Wallace on the move -> RT @ArmandoSalguero: Mike Wallace has been on the phone with Minnesota Vikings the last hour. Trade likely.

Slapstick
03-13-2015, 07:02 PM
Perfect for Mike! Just run in the dome and get under a Bridgewater pass!

Iron City Inc.
03-13-2015, 07:29 PM
I always liked Wallace but Minnesota could be his last stop!

RuthlessBurgher
03-13-2015, 07:30 PM
By Josh Alper
March 13, 2015, 7:16 PM EDT
Mike Wallace traded to Vikings

It didn’t take long for the Dolphins to go from likely to trade wide receiver Mike Wallace to the Vikings to trading Wallace to the Vikings.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Miami has shipped the wideout to Minnesota along with a seventh-round pick. The Vikings will send a fifth-round pick back to the Dolphins.

The move ends months of speculation about whether Wallace would return to the team for the 2015 season after two years in Miami that saw Wallace’s production fail to live up to the big contract that the Dolphins gave him in 2013. There were also frequent talk about Wallace being unhappy with his role, culminating in an argument with the team’s coaches that landed Wallace on the bench for much of the team’s final game in 2014.

Now he’ll get a chance to play in Norv Turner’s offense, which has been friendly toward deep passing throughout his long career in the NFL. Wallace will line up with Greg Jennings, Charles Johnson and tight end Kyle Rudolph to give Teddy Bridgewater a deeper group of targets than he had as a rookie. Should Adrian Peterson remain with the team, the Vikings Offense will look even better heading into next season.

Wallace has a base salary of $9.85 million in 2015 and is signed for two more years with salaries of $11.45 million each year. The Dolphins could use the savings toward a new deal for tight end Charles Clay or for other moves in what’s already been a very busy offseason in Miami.

legend of polamalu
03-13-2015, 07:41 PM
Suh is Mean Joe Greene in todays NFL. Difference is that today's NFL is a bunch of rule loving, qb protecting, Goddell (let's ruin the NFL) SONS OF BISCUITS!

legend of polamalu
03-13-2015, 07:42 PM
I could see Suh getting a suspension for kicking someone right before a critical game...

Miami is turning into the Deadskins...

Suh is a Steeler at heart! He would be welcomed by me if it ever came down to it. (WHICH IT OF COURSE WILL NOT)

birtikidis
03-13-2015, 07:53 PM
Suh is a Steeler at heart! He would be welcomed by me if it ever came down to it. (WHICH IT OF COURSE WILL NOT)
The only difference is that Joe played for championships not for money.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-13-2015, 08:38 PM
The only difference is that Joe played for championships not for money.

is that why joe held out of training camp after being drafted?

all these guys play for money

BradshawsHairdresser
03-13-2015, 08:50 PM
Minnesota should be a good fit for Mikey.

birtikidis
03-13-2015, 09:16 PM
is that why joe held out of training camp after being drafted?

all these guys play for money
If I remember correctly Joe was frustrated that they weren't winners. Early 1970's NO ONE played for money

Eddie Spaghetti
03-13-2015, 09:23 PM
yeah, they did

just wasnt as much as it is now

birtikidis
03-13-2015, 09:39 PM
The avg salaray was around 10 k back then. Even if you adjust it to inflation it wasn't enough. They barely earned enough to ACTUALLY care for their families.
Joe held out his ROOKIE season. probably for less than 10k.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-13-2015, 09:42 PM
so what?

he still played for MONEY

birtikidis
03-13-2015, 09:47 PM
ah you're one of those. it wasn't the REASON he played. It wasn't his MOTIVATION.
anyway, I'm done. stupid argument.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-13-2015, 10:08 PM
i'm sure he would have played for free

hawaiiansteel
03-13-2015, 11:23 PM
Minnesota should be a good fit for Mikey.

WR Mike Wallace joins Vikings

Updated: March 13, 201
ESPN.com news services

MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Vikings filled a significant need in their offense on Friday, acquiring wide receiver Mike Wallace and a 2015 seventh-round draft pick from the Miami Dolphins for a fifth-round pick this year.

The trade was made before the Dolphins had to pay Wallace's $3 million bonus this weekend.

Wallace led the Dolphins in receiving yards (862) and touchdowns (10) and was second in receptions (67) this past season. He joins a Vikings team that was on the hunt for playmakers after completing just 17 passes of 20 yards or more. According to ESPN Stats & Information, that was tied for the seventh-lowest figure in the league.

"We want to have a lot of speed offensively, and we feel like that will help a lot," coach Mike Zimmer told ESPN, as he walked into dinner with former Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end Michael Johnson, who is visiting the Vikings this weekend. "With [Vikings receiver] Charles Johnson, it opens up more things for the runners, it opens up more things for the tight end. And with [quarterback] Teddy [Bridgewater], you know, he plays so damn accurate. It opens things up."

However, Wallace fell out of favor in Miami following a Week 17 sideline altercation in a loss to the New York Jets. Wallace was benched in the second half, which raised questions about his future with the team.

He also struggled at times to get on the same page with quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who wasn't consistent in throwing deep passes to the speedy Wallace. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Tannehill threw three more interceptions than touchdowns (seven to five) when targeting Wallace in 2013, although that ratio turned around significantly in 2014 (one INT, 10 TDs).

Mike Wallace and Kenny Stills are both known as deep threats. But it's Stills who's been the much more productive deep threat, despite making far less money than Wallace.

Miami traded for former New Orleans Saints receiver Kenny Stills on Friday, which made Wallace expendable. He was scheduled to make $9.9 million in 2015.

Wallace initially inked a $60 million contract with the Dolphins in 2013 after spending his first four seasons in the league with the Pittsburgh Steelers. It remains to be seen whether the Vikings will try to rework Wallace's contract; they also have 31-year-old receiver Greg Jennings, who is scheduled to count $11 million against the salary cap in 2015. The Vikings signed Jennings in 2013 after missing out on Wallace in free agency.

"We felt like there was a need that we had [at wide receiver]," Zimmer said. [Offensive coordinator] Norv [Turner] really liked him, and I played against him when he was in Pittsburgh and now Miami. He's so fast, and he's a quick starter -- he can really get going fast."

The Dolphins are in the process of overhauling their entire receiving corps. In addition to trading Wallace, Miami also released former starter Brian Hartline and slot receiver Brandon Gibson. The trio accounted for 135 receptions, 1,631 yards and 13 total touchdowns in 2014.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12477833/mike-wallace-traded-minnesota-vikings-miami-dolphins

hawaiiansteel
03-14-2015, 02:27 AM
Vikings acquire WR Mike Wallace and 7th-round pick from Dolphins for 5th-round pick

It was pretty much a forgone conclusion that Mike Wallace wouldn't be back in Miami next year. He quit on his team on multiple occasions this past season, including the finale when he walked off the field and refused to go back into the game. It sounded like the Dolphins were going to just cut him, but they were able to turn their seventh-round pick into a fifth-round choice.

I like what Miami did. Wallace was bad for the locker room, and he never developed chemistry with Ryan Tannehill anyway. The fact that the Dolphins were able to get something back for him is a plus, and this is effectively addition by subtraction. Besides, with Kenny Stills on the roster via the trade this morning, Miami already found a new deep threat at receiver.

As for the Vikings, they're taking a big chance here. They're just downgrading two rounds in the 2015 NFL Draft, and that's not really a big deal, but Wallace could poison the locker room like he did in Miami. Then again, perhaps he and Teddy Bridgewater will build a strong rapport. There's a chance this could work out, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Grade for Vikings - C+
Grade for Dolphins - A-

http://www.walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php

Oviedo
03-14-2015, 06:46 AM
Vikings acquire WR Mike Wallace and 7th-round pick from Dolphins for 5th-round pick

It was pretty much a forgone conclusion that Mike Wallace wouldn't be back in Miami next year. He quit on his team on multiple occasions this past season, including the finale when he walked off the field and refused to go back into the game. It sounded like the Dolphins were going to just cut him, but they were able to turn their seventh-round pick into a fifth-round choice.

I like what Miami did. Wallace was bad for the locker room, and he never developed chemistry with Ryan Tannehill anyway. The fact that the Dolphins were able to get something back for him is a plus, and this is effectively addition by subtraction. Besides, with Kenny Stills on the roster via the trade this morning, Miami already found a new deep threat at receiver.

As for the Vikings, they're taking a big chance here. They're just downgrading two rounds in the 2015 NFL Draft, and that's not really a big deal, but Wallace could poison the locker room like he did in Miami. Then again, perhaps he and Teddy Bridgewater will build a strong rapport. There's a chance this could work out, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Grade for Vikings - C+
Grade for Dolphins - A-

http://www.walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php

Pretty much confirms about Wallace what many said despite his many excuse makers

He quit on his team on multiple occasions this past season, including the finale when he walked off the field and refused to go back into the game.

Wallace was bad for the locker room

effectively addition by subtraction

We saw the last one here

feltdizz
03-14-2015, 08:09 AM
i'm sure he would have played for free

lol, he played for handshakes and attaboys

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-14-2015, 10:28 AM
lol, he played for handshakes and attaboys

And ... Lombardis!!:Cheers:tt1:Steel:tt2

Moonie
03-14-2015, 12:47 PM
Not a good ego day in the Wallace compound, being traded to the Midwest for a pair of cleats. Then again, he probably doesn't care where he drops balls, as long as he gets the opportunity to drop many of them on fly routes.

RuthlessBurgher
03-14-2015, 01:58 PM
Not a good ego day in the Wallace compound, being traded to the Midwest for a pair of cleats. Then again, he probably doesn't care where he drops balls, as long as he gets the opportunity to drop many of them on fly routes.

It would be one thing if they were back in the dome, but they are still playing outside at the U of M while the new one is being built.

Also, Wallace's salary is now subject to much greater taxation since he is no longer playing a complete home slate in the state of Florida with no state income tax.

RuthlessBurgher
03-14-2015, 02:19 PM
@NFL_RealUpdates: #Vikings have released WR Greg Jennings.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-14-2015, 02:48 PM
Funny on so many levels...

First off, when Wallace signed in Miami, and he was claiming that he was not all about the money, he said that he was offered more in Minny, but opted to play in Miami instead. So now he gets less money to play for a team who offered him more (supposedly).

Also, I can only imagine the conversation between the two teams:

Miami: You guys were interested in Wallace a couple of years ago. You can take him off our hands for only a fifth.

Minny: Are you crazy, a fifth rounder is waaaaaay too much, you will need to sweeten the pot for that deal. You will need to send us a seventh to make it worthwhile.

feltdizz
03-14-2015, 03:29 PM
It would be one thing if they were back in the dome, but they are still playing outside at the U of M while the new one is being built.

Also, Wallace's salary is now subject to much greater taxation since he is no longer playing a complete home slate in the state of Florida with no state income tax.

Wow... he is going to freeze his tail off. I thought the dome would be done this year

NJ-STEELER
03-14-2015, 06:03 PM
lol at all the "thank gawd the steelers FO was smart enough to let him go"

they offered him a $50M contract.
$10M less then what he signed for

feltdizz
03-14-2015, 09:25 PM
lol at all the "thank gawd the steelers FO was smart enough to let him go"

they offered him a $50M contract.
$10M less then what he signed for

It sounds better than thanking God that Wallace turned it down.

Mr.wizard
03-15-2015, 09:57 AM
I don't know why everyone is acting like this such blow to Mike Wallace, It was good move for both teams not just financially but scheme wise. When the dolphins signed suh to that insane contract they had to dump salaries, they could either cut or trade Wallace before he was due his bonus money. Vikings knew this was the case which is why the dolphins had to accept such low round draft picks for him. Him not getting along with philbin had nothing to with this, It was a business decision plain and simple.

Slapstick
03-15-2015, 10:45 AM
1) Total value of the contract means little. If the Dolphins gave Wallace $10 million more guaranteed than the Steelers offered, that is a huge difference in the contract.

2) Dumping Wallace was a business decision. The dumped a contract that proved to be a poor business decision.

Mr.wizard
03-15-2015, 12:12 PM
1) Total value of the contract means little. If the Dolphins gave Wallace $10 million more guaranteed than the Steelers offered, that is a huge difference in the contract.

2) Dumping Wallace was a business decision. The dumped a contract that proved to be a poor business decision.

Was it proved to be a poor business decision? I don't think so, its just now the dolphins wanted to get the biggest defensive free agent and they did, which means something had to give. The dolphins changed their GM and he has different philosophy, last season the dolphins make the playoffs easily if their defense could closed out a game or 2 that they should of won. Clearly the new GM thought defense was where he wanted to spend the money. Wallace moves on, dolphins move on, and no damage is done to either, I don't see that as a bad business decision.

feltdizz
03-15-2015, 12:16 PM
I don't know why everyone is acting like this such blow to Mike Wallace, It was good move for both teams not just financially but scheme wise. When the dolphins signed suh to that insane contract they had to dump salaries, they could either cut or trade Wallace before he was due his bonus money. Vikings knew this was the case which is why the dolphins had to accept such low round draft picks for him. Him not getting along with philbin had nothing to with this, It was a business decision plain and simple.

stop making sense and bash a former player like a real fan :D

Slapstick
03-15-2015, 12:30 PM
Was it proved to be a poor business decision? I don't think so, its just now the dolphins wanted to get the biggest defensive free agent and they did, which means something had to give. The dolphins changed their GM and he has different philosophy, last season the dolphins make the playoffs easily if their defense could closed out a game or 2 that they should of won. Clearly the new GM thought defense was where he wanted to spend the money. Wallace moves on, dolphins move on, and no damage is done to either, I don't see that as a bad business decision.

If it was a good business decision, then Wallace continues to be a Dolphin and they find a way to work out the contract with Suh. Wallace didn't put up the numbers in their offense to justify continuing to pay him. That exists independently of anyone's personal feelings about Wallace. His production in Miami couldn't justify them continuing to pay his salary. That makes it a bad business decision. Perhaps it was simply a bad fit. Perhaps he will be a better fit in Minny. Perhaps he won't.

People can label it "Wallace bashing" if they want. I could not care less. But, it is actually more of an indictment of the Dolphins former front office than it is of Mike Wallace.

Mr.wizard
03-15-2015, 12:47 PM
If it was a good business decision, then Wallace continues to be a Dolphin and they find a way to work out the contract with Suh. Wallace didn't put up the numbers in their offense to justify continuing to pay him. That exists independently of anyone's personal feelings about Wallace. His production in Miami couldn't justify them continuing to pay his salary. That makes it a bad business decision. Perhaps it was simply a bad fit. Perhaps he will be a better fit in Minny. Perhaps he won't.

People can label it "Wallace bashing" if they want. I could not care less. But, it is actually more of an indictment of the Dolphins former front office than it is of Mike Wallace.

That might be true if they just dumped Wallace, but they dumped all of their contracts, they had to because they are working on a long term deal for tannehill as well. Wallace had a productive season and it is reasonable to suspect that he would of been even better in 2015 with another year with tannehill under his belt. Its not bad business decision, New regime wants their guys, and to fit their guys in you have to make some decisions, cant keep everyone.

Discipline of Steel
03-15-2015, 01:13 PM
Dont forget that Wallace is a deep ball guy and Tanne is not known for his deep ball. They were mismatched from the start.

Mr.wizard
03-15-2015, 01:22 PM
Dont forget that Wallace is a deep ball guy and Tanne is not known for his deep ball. They were mismatched from the start.

Ya the thinking was that tannehill would improve his deep ball accuracy as he developed but its not looking like that is going to be the case. So If the dolphins are not going to use the deep ball all that much then why keep Wallace especially if your going to give tannehill a long term deal. I think its pretty evident what the dolphins want to do by signing Charles clay and Jordan Cameron, no team is going into the season expecting a down field passing attack with Jarvis landry and Kenny stills as their top 2 wideouts.

Slapstick
03-15-2015, 04:11 PM
That might be true if they just dumped Wallace, but they dumped all of their contracts, they had to because they are working on a long term deal for tannehill as well. Wallace had a productive season and it is reasonable to suspect that he would of been even better in 2015 with another year with tannehill under his belt. Its not bad business decision, New regime wants their guys, and to fit their guys in you have to make some decisions, cant keep everyone.

Especially players who aren't producing at the level expected based upon their compensation.

Mr.wizard
03-15-2015, 04:32 PM
Especially players who aren't producing at the level expected based upon their compensation.

I thought his production was fine in that offense 67 rec 862 yds 10 tds, that's pretty good considering their qb cant throw the ball down the field. That explanation simply doesn't hold up because he was the leading receiver on the team, he cant throw himself the ball. If other guys on the team where out performing him then you would have a point but that wasn't the case. The receivers are at the mercy of the qb, its not like tannehill was a passing juggernaut and Wallace just couldn't get open, Wallace did his job and got open a lot and had a good year, tannehill just struggled with accuracy.

Slapstick
03-15-2015, 05:32 PM
He had a good year. Just not the year they were expecting him to have. Again, perhaps he was just a bad fit. If he blows up in Minnesota, you can assume that was the case.

RuthlessBurgher
03-17-2015, 04:27 PM
Maurkice Pouncey: Mike Wallace is a coward

 March 17, 2015

Former Dolphins receiver Mike Wallace continues to deny that he took himself out for a play in the season finale against the Jets.

Dolphins center Mike Pouncey and his brother — Pittsburgh center Maurkice Pouncey — don’t buy it.

CBS 4 is set to an interview with the Pouncey brothers today at 6 p.m. A preview clip was released on Instagram.

“In my opinion, he’s a coward,” said Maurkice Pouncey, who played with Wallace in Pittsburgh. “I never want a guy on my team like that, man, to walk out on your band of brothers.”

Mike Pouncey then criticized multiple players. The Dolphins also released receivers Brandon Gibson, Brian Hartline and linebacker Philip Wheeler.

“Obviously, our organization felt the way about some guys and they got those guys out of our football team,” Mike Pouncey said. “I think it was the right move for everybody.”

Wallace, according to sources on the field, was frustrated at a lack of targets. So he took himself out for a play and was benched by coach Joe Philbin for the second half of the season finale loss.

Wallace, along with a 7th-round draft pick, was traded to Minnesota on Friday for a 5th round pick.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/03/17/maurkice-pouncey-mike-wallace-is-a-coward/

K Train
03-17-2015, 04:29 PM
I love pouncey

Discipline of Steel
03-17-2015, 04:52 PM
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/17/pouncey-twins-tee-off-on-mike-wallace/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Check the comments on this article....Free Hernandez
Sadly, I dont think Pouncey will ever live it down....

Oviedo
03-17-2015, 05:10 PM
Maurkice Pouncey: Mike Wallace is a coward

 March 17, 2015

Former Dolphins receiver Mike Wallace continues to deny that he took himself out for a play in the season finale against the Jets.

Dolphins center Mike Pouncey and his brother — Pittsburgh center Maurkice Pouncey — don’t buy it.

CBS 4 is set to an interview with the Pouncey brothers today at 6 p.m. A preview clip was released on Instagram.

“In my opinion, he’s a coward,” said Maurkice Pouncey, who played with Wallace in Pittsburgh. “I never want a guy on my team like that, man, to walk out on your band of brothers.”

Mike Pouncey then criticized multiple players. The Dolphins also released receivers Brandon Gibson, Brian Hartline and linebacker Philip Wheeler.

“Obviously, our organization felt the way about some guys and they got those guys out of our football team,” Mike Pouncey said. “I think it was the right move for everybody.”

Wallace, according to sources on the field, was frustrated at a lack of targets. So he took himself out for a play and was benched by coach Joe Philbin for the second half of the season finale loss.

Wallace, along with a 7th-round draft pick, was traded to Minnesota on Friday for a 5th round pick.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/03/17/maurkice-pouncey-mike-wallace-is-a-coward/

I've been saying the same thing about Wallace since his last season here. He is weak willed. Despite his "man lovers" defending him, i still think he was afraid to compete with Antonio Brown because Brown was earning the respect of his teammates and the coaches while Wallace was pouting. He feared the pressure of that comparison. Now when things get hard in Miami he quits on them. See a trend.

Maybe his defenders will pay some heed to Pouncey.

RuthlessBurgher
03-17-2015, 06:10 PM
By Michael David Smith
March 17, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
Mike Wallace: Pounceys are my bros, media took it out of context

Vikings receiver Mike Wallace says that comments made by his former teammates Mike Pouncey and Maurkice Pouncey are being wrongly construed.

Wallace, who played with Mike Pouncey on the Dolphins and Maurkice Pouncey on the Steelers, took to Twitter shortly after a video surfaced that appeared to show both Pounceys ripping Wallace. According to Wallace, the video of the Pounceys was taken out of context by CBS 4 in Miami.

“Mike and Maurkice are my lil bros man… Maurkice was speaking on a general situation, not my situation,” Wallace wrote. “Media can do whatever they want!!! But that’s my guys. They both know ME Personally!! No man could ever call me a coward from the biggest to the smallest guy!!’ I have always held my own… I usually don’t get into all of this but that’s my friends that’s the only reason I’m addressing it.”

The short video released by CBS 4 in Miami does not include either Pouncey brother mentioning Wallace by name. Maurkice Pouncey says “he’s a coward,” and Mike Pouncey says “I think it was the right move,” but we’re only going on the word of CBS 4 that Maurkice Pouncey was talking about Wallace and that Mike Pouncey was talking about the Dolphins’ decision to trade Wallace.

It seems awfully unlikely that CBS 4 would take those comments so dramatically out of context, but that’s exactly what Wallace is alleging. CBS 4 says it will air a longer interview with the Pounceys to show exactly what they said.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-17-2015, 06:30 PM
both the pounceys appear to be idiots

luckily they can play ball

Discipline of Steel
03-17-2015, 06:40 PM
By Michael David Smith
March 17, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
Mike Wallace: Pounceys are my bros, media took it out of context

Vikings receiver Mike Wallace says that comments made by his former teammates Mike Pouncey and Maurkice Pouncey are being wrongly construed.

Wallace, who played with Mike Pouncey on the Dolphins and Maurkice Pouncey on the Steelers, took to Twitter shortly after a video surfaced that appeared to show both Pounceys ripping Wallace. According to Wallace, the video of the Pounceys was taken out of context by CBS 4 in Miami.

“Mike and Maurkice are my lil bros man… Maurkice was speaking on a general situation, not my situation,” Wallace wrote. “Media can do whatever they want!!! But that’s my guys. They both know ME Personally!! No man could ever call me a coward from the biggest to the smallest guy!!’ I have always held my own… I usually don’t get into all of this but that’s my friends that’s the only reason I’m addressing it.”

The short video released by CBS 4 in Miami does not include either Pouncey brother mentioning Wallace by name. Maurkice Pouncey says “he’s a coward,” and Mike Pouncey says “I think it was the right move,” but we’re only going on the word of CBS 4 that Maurkice Pouncey was talking about Wallace and that Mike Pouncey was talking about the Dolphins’ decision to trade Wallace.

It seems awfully unlikely that CBS 4 would take those comments so dramatically out of context, but that’s exactly what Wallace is alleging. CBS 4 says it will air a longer interview with the Pounceys to show exactly what they said.

Mike Wallace may end up mortally embarrassed before this is over.

feltdizz
03-18-2015, 07:11 AM
both the pounceys appear to be idiots

luckily they can play ball

probably the last 2 guys in the NFL I would look to for an opinion about a persons character

feltdizz
03-18-2015, 07:34 AM
I've been saying the same thing about Wallace since his last season here. He is weak willed. Despite his "man lovers" defending him, i still think he was afraid to compete with Antonio Brown because Brown was earning the respect of his teammates and the coaches while Wallace was pouting. He feared the pressure of that comparison. Now when things get hard in Miami he quits on them. See a trend.

Maybe his defenders will pay some heed to Pouncey.

Man lovers? lol...

Did you guys used to date? Seriously, you sound like he hit it and quit it and now he wont return your calls.

Your hate for certain players and coaches is creepy.

Slapstick
03-18-2015, 07:40 AM
It's very strange...

Some people, when you point out that they demonstrate hate of a player or coach, will deny it...and deny it...and then deny it some more...

But, those people are also seemingly the first to accuse others of "man love"...

feltdizz
03-18-2015, 07:45 AM
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/17/pouncey-twins-tee-off-on-mike-wallace/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Check the comments on this article....Free Hernandez
Sadly, I dont think Pouncey will ever live it down....

Nominee for best comment:

"In other words, Mike Wallace isnt the type of friend who would cover up a murder"

BradshawsHairdresser
03-18-2015, 08:39 AM
probably the last 2 guys in the NFL I would look to for an opinion about a persons character

$$$$$$$$$$$

Oviedo
03-18-2015, 11:10 AM
Man lovers? lol...

Did you guys used to date? Seriously, you sound like he hit it and quit it and now he wont return your calls.

Your hate for certain players and coaches is creepy.

If it "creeps" you out, then don't read it but you can't stay away. What is creepy is how a grown man worships some of these guys. Not a Steeler then they are nothing to me. Reject the Streelers and I reject you. Pretty simple.

feltdizz
03-18-2015, 11:54 AM
If it "creeps" you out, then don't read it but you can't stay away. What is creepy is how a grown man worships some of these guys. Not a Steeler then they are nothing to me. Reject the Streelers and I reject you. Pretty simple.

Worships? LoL... you are a funny dude.

RuthlessBurgher
03-18-2015, 01:12 PM

The only worship on these boards recently has involved Patrick Swayze. :)

Slapstick
03-18-2015, 02:32 PM
The only worship on these boards recently has involved Patrick Swayze. :)

Who is, indeed, worthy of worship.

RuthlessBurgher
05-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Mike Wallace: Nobody in the NFL can run with me

Posted by Josh Alper on May 5, 2015, 3:22 PM EDT

Speed has long been Vikings wide receiver Mike Wallace’s calling card, although it was hard to tell at times in Miami.

Whether because of scheme, chemistry with Ryan Tannehill or something else, Wallace wasn’t the deep threat for the Dolphins that he was earlier in his career with the Steelers. On Tuesday, Wallace made it clear that he doesn’t think it was because the league has caught up to his fleet feet.

“Without a doubt, I’m the fastest player in the NFL,’’ Wallace said, via the Pioneer Press. “If somebody feels foggy about that, we can (race). I’m never going to back down from competition. “I’ve run a lot of routes and I’ve got a lot of miles on my legs, but I still feel that there’s nobody (in the NFL) who can run with me. I might have slowed down a little but I could still run 4.25.”

Wallace didn’t point the finger at Tannehill, saying that there were things that both he and his Dolphins teammates could have done better over the last two years. He also said that “when you separate, you still have to connect” and that he’s “positive” he’ll be able to “showcase” his ability to get free of defenders in Minnesota.

The Vikings likely have the same optimism after trading for Wallace and planting him at the top of their receiver depth chart this offseason. If they’re right, the offense in Minnesota should be more explosive this time around.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

feltdizz
05-05-2015, 03:55 PM
Wallace won't ever reach the heights he had with us.

Wallace had the perfect combo of a QB who could extend plays and an OC who loved vertical plays.

Chucktownsteeler
05-05-2015, 04:08 PM
it's 100% fact that Wallace was offered a contract before Brown.

whether he knew Brown would be a better WR or not is irrelevant...

He wanted top dollar and he went to Miami to get it.

Most Steeler fans don't want to remember this, but the F.O. screwed the pooch on this. had Wallace accepted the offer A. Brown would probably be a Bronco or Pat right now. Everyone says the F.O. nailed it, but in fact they didn't. You are 100% correct, FD.

Oviedo
05-05-2015, 04:24 PM
Most Steeler fans don't want to remember this, but the F.O. screwed the pooch on this. had Wallace accepted the offer A. Brown would probably be a Bronco or Pat right now. Everyone says the F.O. nailed it, but in fact they didn't. You are 100% correct, FD.

Wow...talk about a warped perspective. Screwing the pooch would have been continuing to pursue Wallace instead of immediately giving the money to Brown which they rightly did. There is nothing to prove that Brown would had left. They likely could have signed Brown early for less than he is making now. Remember he came into his own after they got Wallace out of the mix. But if the intent is to see the glass half empty with regards to the F.O. I guess your evisionist history is one way to do that.

birtikidis
05-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Wow...talk about a warped perspective. Screwing the pooch would have been continuing to pursue Wallace instead of immediately giving the money to Brown which they rightly did. There is nothing to prove that Brown would had left. They likely could have signed Brown early for less than he is making now. Remember he came into his own after they got Wallace out of the mix. But if the intent is to see the glass half empty with regards to the F.O. I guess your evisionist history is one way to do that.
I like to think that they TRIED to screw the pooch, but are so inept that they failed and Instead the pooch screwed them.

feltdizz
05-05-2015, 06:19 PM
Chucktown isnt entirely wrong... Wallace did us a favor by turning down this offer. If Wallace accepted who knows how huge of a leap AB makes because Ben loved going deep to Wallace and he wouldn't have seen as many balls with MW on the team.

However, its not like we drafted AB by mistake. We went to look at another player and AB showed out and got our scouts attention.

I'll never forget a friend of mine who's brother was a coach for central michigan. He said everytime he went to see his brother coach AB was putting on a show... and yes, he was dancing, pointing, etc... while doing it.

Slapstick
05-05-2015, 06:35 PM
If Wallace had accepted the offer, things might have been different for him...for the better.

When he refused the contract and stayed away from the team in the offseason, the Steelers started writing him off. Haley did not go out of his way to work in a bunch of deep routes, which he would have done if Wallace had stayed.

Oviedo
05-05-2015, 07:27 PM
Haley did not go out of his way to work in a bunch of deep routes, which he would have done if Wallace had stayed.
Not sure I agre with that. Haley's offense was never about vertical routes. His #1 priority was to use all his assets to keep Ben upright and healthy. You do that by getting rid of the ball not waiting for deep routes to develop.

Slapstick
05-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Not sure I agre with that. Haley's offense was never about vertical routes. His #1 priority was to use all his assets to keep Ben upright and healthy. You do that by getting rid of the ball not waiting for deep routes to develop.

Perhaps, but I also think that if Wallace had been around and had been cashing big checks from the Rooneys, you would have seen more deep routes.

Chucktownsteeler
05-05-2015, 08:39 PM

Ask yourself this: Did they offer the contract to Wallace before Brown. If you answer "Yes", ask yourself this: What if Wallace had accepted the contract? Where would A. Brown be? Would we have M. Bryant or for that matter S. Coates.

The simple fact is the F.O.tried to sign Wallace. How hard they tried, I don't know. I just hate it when the average fan says the Steelers nailed it letting Wallace walk and signing Brown. Although factually true, not 100% accurate

hawaiiansteel
05-05-2015, 08:49 PM
Mike Wallace: 'Without a doubt, I'm the fastest player in the NFL'

ESPN.com news services

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2015%2F0505%2Fnfl_a_wallace_b1_12 96x729.jpg&w=267

The Vikings' Mike Wallace says there's no player faster than himself in the NFL.

Mike Wallace has proclaimed himself the NFL's fastest player, and he'd be willing to race any challengers to prove it.

"Without a doubt, I'm the fastest player in the NFL," the Minnesota Vikings receiver told the Pioneer Press on Tuesday. "If somebody feels foggy about that, we can [race]. I'm never going to back down from competition.''

The 28-year-old Wallace told the newspaper that his personal best in the 40-yard dash is 4.21 seconds, which would be faster than the best time ever posted at the NFL scouting combine, by running back Chris Johnson 4.24 in 2008.

to read rest of story:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12828713/mike-wallace-minnesota-vikings-boasts-fastest-player-nfl

Chucktownsteeler
05-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Let him race Archer.

Moonie
05-05-2015, 10:39 PM
I love that jerk washing out his career in Minnesota where, seriously, no one gives a rip about NFL. He's done, whether he knows it or not.

And yes, the Steelers played it perfectly with Wallace and Antonio Brown. Our guy is the best player in the league, and Wallace is reduced to making up his 40 yard dash times.

SidSmythe
05-05-2015, 11:20 PM
Only a D'bag would care about his 40 time vs winning football games

RuthlessBurgher
05-06-2015, 10:06 AM
Maybe he could race a horse.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/pg-photo/2012/06/08/09000d5d829ac59e/horse-race_pg_600.jpg

squidkid
05-06-2015, 10:15 AM
Ask yourself this: Did they offer the contract to Wallace before Brown. If you answer "Yes", ask yourself this: What if Wallace had accepted the contract? Where would A. Brown be? Would we have M. Bryant or for that matter S. Coates.

The simple fact is the F.O.tried to sign Wallace. How hard they tried, I don't know. I just hate it when the average fan says the Steelers nailed it letting Wallace walk and signing Brown. Although factually true, not 100% accurate

those same average fans were the ones saying, "pay the man. give him the money"

feltdizz
05-06-2015, 10:26 AM
I love that jerk washing out his career in Minnesota where, seriously, no one gives a rip about NFL. He's done, whether he knows it or not.

And yes, the Steelers played it perfectly with Wallace and Antonio Brown. Our guy is the best player in the league, and Wallace is reduced to making up his 40 yard dash times.

we played it perfectly AFTER Wallace rejected our offer.

it's like a guy playing it perfectly by marrying his wife after getting rejected by his selfish greedy cheating girlfriend.

Chucktownsteeler
05-06-2015, 01:58 PM

it's like a guy playing it perfectly by marrying his wife after getting rejected by his selfish greedy cheating girlfriend.

Correct, but not before.Let's be glad Wallace rejected the offer from the Steelers before they gave it to A. Brown

Moonie
05-06-2015, 02:22 PM

I'm not placing the importance on "after" that you Wallace fans are. No one said the guy was worthless. I'm sure we/Steelers offered him money, just like I'm sure Brown was going to get offered money EVEN if Wallace was signed. The point it, we/Steelers played it perfectly in letting this VERY average, short lived, and not-worth-the-energy player go, and keeping the best player in the NFL around. There is no other way to look at this.

Jigawatts
05-06-2015, 02:26 PM

They played it so Wallace would reject it. Like annoying your girlfriend to the point that she'll break up with you instead of you breaking up with her. Believe me, I've had to do this plenty of times in my young jiga days.:D

hawaiiansteel
05-06-2015, 02:28 PM
those same average fans were the ones saying, "pay the man. give him the money"

very few fans were in favor of giving Wallace the type of contract Miami gave him...

RuthlessBurgher
05-06-2015, 02:33 PM
They played it so Wallace would reject it. Like annoying your girlfriend to the point that she'll break up with you instead of you breaking up with her. Believe me, I've had to do this plenty of times in my young jiga days.:D

Quite the Jiga-lo. ;)

Jigawatts
05-06-2015, 02:40 PM
Quite the Jiga-lo. ;)

You gotta do what you gotta do.

Oviedo
05-06-2015, 04:18 PM

Ask yourself this, did they offer Wallace a low-ball offer they knew he would likely balk at so they could check the block and just move on? It was clear what numbers Wallace was looking for based on recent contracts that had been recently given. It is also clear the Steelers offer was not close to those numbers. Would they low ball him with one offer and then move on immediately if they really wanted to keep him.

The FO played it just right. They low-balled Wallace knowing he would likely reject then just moved on to the player they really wanted.

phillyesq
05-06-2015, 04:21 PM
Ask yourself this, did they offer Wallace a low-ball offer they knew he would likely balk at so they could check the block and just move on? It was clear what numbers Wallace was looking for based on recent contracts that had been recently given. It is also clear the Steelers offer was not close to those numbers. Would they low ball him with one offer and then move on immediately if they really wanted to keep him.

The FO played it just right. They low-balled Wallace knowing he would likely reject then just moved on to the player they really wanted.

If the Steelers didn't want to keep Wallace they simply wouldn't have made him an offer.

Slapstick
05-06-2015, 04:50 PM
The Steelers made Wallace what they believed to be a fair offer. He didn't take it. They moved on.

feltdizz
05-06-2015, 04:59 PM

wait... you can't say Miami overpaid for Wallace and also suggest we lowballed him.

it makes no sense to gamble by offering him a contract if we didn't want him.

that is just dumb.

feltdizz
05-06-2015, 05:08 PM
If the Steelers didn't want to keep Wallace they simply wouldn't have made him an offer.

that hate makes people say some extremely stupid things. If Wallace accepted the offer then what?

would they give him a pen with vanishing ink?

SteelerOfDeVille
05-06-2015, 06:04 PM
They wanted him. anyone who disputes that isn't seeing it clear. Ovi knows that. He's a reasonable poster.

They just wanted him at a price that wouldn't prevent them from retaining other players, maybe even Brown. They "slightly" low-balled him.

In person news, I preferred Brown to Wallace - speed guys are easy to find. Much harder to find a guy who you trust to go after the ball and make the difficult catch. Speed guys are available in every draft. Guys with heart are harder to find.

SteelerOfDeVille
05-06-2015, 06:09 PM
wait... you can't say Miami overpaid for Wallace and also suggest we lowballed him.
5 year $60-mil vs 5 year $50 mil (what the steelers reportedly (http://www.si.com/si-wire/2012/07/28/mike-wallace-contract-update-steelers-antonio-brown-holdout)offered)... 10mil per vs 12 mil per... maybe the right number was $11mil per? LOL

Slapstick
05-06-2015, 06:10 PM
Those numbers are meaningless. What was the guaranteed money?

hawaiiansteel
05-06-2015, 06:12 PM
5 year $60-mil vs 5 year $50 mil (what the steelers reportedly (http://www.si.com/si-wire/2012/07/28/mike-wallace-contract-update-steelers-antonio-brown-holdout)offered)... 10mil per vs 12 mil per... maybe the right number was $11mil per? LOL

I thought the Steelers offered Wallace the same contract numbers that AB ended up accepting?

SteelerOfDeVille
05-06-2015, 06:16 PM
I thought the Steelers offered Wallace the same contract numbers that AB ended up accepting?
thought the same - but, this article from SI says it was slightly higher... references a Kaboly report (http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/07/27/wallace-was-offered-more-than-brown/#axzz3ZOp7c5QD)

feltdizz
05-06-2015, 07:46 PM

Steelers always spend close to the cap. we offer a little less but you usually end up much happier in the long run of you sisign the contract.

if you run for the money more times than not you end up bouncing around the league trying to find the stability that is only available in 2 or 3 franchises.

feltdizz
05-06-2015, 07:50 PM
Those numbers are meaningless. What was the guaranteed money?

good point. more than likely the next offer is the best offer.

the problem is Miami obviously overpaid for his services so you can't say we lowballed him. we offered him true market value and he was able to find the one team who was foolish enough to overpay for him.

I could see if Wallace was living up to the numbers but he showed he was overpaid.

SteelCrazy
05-06-2015, 11:06 PM
Wallace isnt the only delusional one I see.............99 problems

hawaiiansteel
05-07-2015, 04:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTISX6Ux3Qk#t=28

hawaiiansteel
05-20-2015, 06:20 PM
May 18 Updates

Dolphins extend QB Ryan Tannehill (6 years, $96M; $21.5M guaranteed): A- Grade

It feels strange that Ryan Tannehill would get a $96 million contract with $45 million guaranteed. My first thought was that this was too much, and there are many who agree with that opinion, given that Tannehill has no track record of playoff success in his career. However, after thinking about it, I now believe that this is a fair deal and a quality move by Miami.

Here are a few things to consider: First of all, Tannehill is just 26, and he has gotten better every single year. He threw for 4,045 yards, 27 touchdowns and 12 interceptions in 2014 despite being paired with one of the NFL's least-efficient receivers in Mike Wallace...

http://www.walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#J1PukrHvySIP4pB4.99

Oviedo
05-21-2015, 08:22 AM
May 18 Updates

Dolphins extend QB Ryan Tannehill (6 years, $96M; $21.5M guaranteed): A- Grade

It feels strange that Ryan Tannehill would get a $96 million contract with $45 million guaranteed. My first thought was that this was too much, and there are many who agree with that opinion, given that Tannehill has no track record of playoff success in his career. However, after thinking about it, I now believe that this is a fair deal and a quality move by Miami.

Here are a few things to consider: First of all, Tannehill is just 26, and he has gotten better every single year. He threw for 4,045 yards, 27 touchdowns and 12 interceptions in 2014 despite being paired with one of the NFL's least-efficient receivers in Mike Wallace...

http://www.walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#J1PukrHvySIP4pB4.99

Mike Wallace not "efficient"...say it isn't so. And I thought I read on the board that Tannehill was the issue; obviously the Dolphins believe otherwise. Seems that the Dolphins came to the same conclusion as the Steelers. Wallace isn't worth the paycheck (although they were stupid enough to give it to him to begin with). I'm pretty sure the Vikings will come to the same conclusion in short order.

RuthlessBurgher
05-21-2015, 09:07 AM
I heard that even though they were able to dump the Wallace contract, Miami is already scheduled to be more than $20 million over the cap next year. Paying your young QB franchise $, while also signing Suh to franchise QB $ can be hazardous to your cap health.

feltdizz
05-21-2015, 12:01 PM
Mike Wallace not "efficient"...say it isn't so. And I thought I read on the board that Tannehill was the issue; obviously the Dolphins believe otherwise. Seems that the Dolphins came to the same conclusion as the Steelers. Wallace isn't worth the paycheck (although they were stupid enough to give it to him to begin with). I'm pretty sure the Vikings will come to the same conclusion in short order.

I think the Vikings are only paying him 3 mill this year and Miami is paying 6.6 mill. That is a steal of a deal.

I have no idea what the Vikes agreed to long term but more than likely they won't pay him 11 to 12 mill unless he looks like Randy Moss.

Another team will grab him up and you can make another prediction about how sorry he is while me makes bank.