PDA

View Full Version : Zero chance JH and Ike are on the roster next year? How helpful $-wise would that be?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-17-2015, 12:55 PM
... and are #92's kids whispering in his ears as we speak, "Arizona, we should move to Arizona ..."?

pittpete
01-17-2015, 01:01 PM
Neither one are signed for 2015 so no effect.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-17-2015, 03:29 PM
Cutting Troy could give the Steelers some significant cap savings. He's the one you might want to ask those questions about.

Snatch98
01-17-2015, 10:56 PM
Zero chance with Harrison? He's still working out at the facility. He posted pics on Instagram a few days ago. I would not be shocked to see Harrison back for one more go next season.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-17-2015, 11:22 PM
Zero chance with Harrison? He's still working out at the facility. He posted pics on Instagram a few days ago. I would not be shocked to see Harrison back for one more go next season.
The way he played near the end of the season, I'd love it.

I don't know if it is meant to be though. I mean if the time it took him to get back into football shape this year is any predictor, he will have to go through pretty much the whole camp to make sure he's in shape for the start of the season. I would not be surprised if he decided that's not for him.

Steelwolf
01-18-2015, 12:19 AM
I'd be ok with Troy not being on our roster this coming season, he was great but not so much now and our defense looked better with him on the side line....will Az be his final destination?

Is it draft day yet?!? Lol

Snatch98
01-18-2015, 01:27 AM

I don't know if it is meant to be though. I mean if the time it took him to get back into football shape this year is any predictor, he will have to go through pretty much the whole camp to make sure he's in shape for the start of the season. I would not be surprised if he decided that's not for him.

It took him a while to get in to playing shape because he carried more weight for the Bengals and his aerobic shape was not where it needed to be when he was signed. He's going into the off season working out, I don't see him having a problem with getting the veteran treatment though training camp. He's a competitior. I'm also expecting him back, guess we will have to find out :)

feltdizz
01-18-2015, 08:34 AM
if Cincinnati was too far for JH's kids, AZ is out of the question.

phillyesq
01-18-2015, 11:19 AM

If you bring back Harrison, you don't care about what he gives you early in the season. Let him come back after camp towards the end of the preseason, or maybe late in camp to pickup the defense while also saving his legs.

SS Laser
01-18-2015, 02:58 PM
Troy's decision should be a easy one. It seems all older expensive players are asked to take a pay cut to help out. No sure he would do that. Also from his own comments it does not sound like he is interested in playing more of a regular SS role. Which is what he has to do now to be a good player for this defense. I still think he has enough at the right price to be a better safety then the rest on the roster IMO. But it might be better to retire now then take a pay cut then get injured or play vanilla SS.