PDA

View Full Version : OT: Broncos/Fox part ways

birtikidis
01-12-2015, 06:42 PM
Mutual agreement for Fox to leave Denver. Surprising. Lotta changes. Any of their coordinators we'd be interested in?

feltdizz
01-12-2015, 06:49 PM
Not surprised.. John Fox is way too conservative and he never makes adjustments.

Iron City Inc.
01-12-2015, 08:26 PM
Did not see this coming. Fox went 38-10 last three years and this year 3rd in total D 4th in offense. Man can coach. Coaching is a tough business with lots of critics.

hawaiiansteel
01-12-2015, 08:30 PM
it's being reported that the Chicago Bears are very interested in Fox...

Starlifter
01-12-2015, 09:42 PM
Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way but I've lost a lot of respect for john fox. They Broncos paid a ton of cash to win now. It didn't work out. Now Denver is going to have to blow up the team and start over.

Fox was part of the leadership that made this mess. Now it's about to explode.

And he's bailing to leave others to put it back together. It's like ismay jumping into a life boat.

pfelix73
01-12-2015, 09:47 PM
I'm not surprised at all.. Thought this might happen after the game was over. Always thought he was a loser coach.

Won't be surprised if a lot of changes happen out there....

NorthCoast
01-12-2015, 09:55 PM
Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way but I've lost a lot of respect for john fox. They Broncos paid a ton of cash to win now. It didn't work out. Now Denver is going to have to blow up the team and start over.

Fox was part of the leadership that made this mess. Now it's about to explode.

And he's bailing to leave others to put it back together. It's like ismay jumping into a life boat.

I would bet Elway had more say in the plan than Fox did. Owner said get me all the pieces to win one last SB with Manning as QB, at any cost.
Not much different than D Snyder a few years back trying the same thing. Rich guys will never learn there are no short-cuts to building a winner.

hawaiiansteel
01-12-2015, 10:07 PM
Rich guys will never learn there are no short-cuts to building a winner.

these rich guys are used to getting what they want and like spoiled children don't like losing and/or not getting what they want.

patience definitely isn't one of their best virtues...

Sugar
01-12-2015, 10:37 PM
these rich guys are used to getting what they want and like spoiled children don't like losing and/or not getting what they want.

patience definitely isn't one of their best virtues...

To be fair, these men are generally Billionaires who didn't get to where they are in life by letting life happen to them. They went out and made things happen.

Djfan
01-12-2015, 10:43 PM
He was great in Carolina. That team had very little and he did a lot with it.

Not surprised about Denver. That team will be in rebuilding mode for the next eight years.

RuthlessBurgher
01-13-2015, 11:09 AM
Rich guys will never learn there are no short-cuts to building a winner.

Well, Pat Bowlen is the rich guy in this instance who brought Peyton and Fox to Denver, but he relinquished control of the team earlier this year due to Alzheimer's, so he isn't the one making the decisions for the team anymore.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-13-2015, 11:37 AM
Many here said that Peyton Manning will make you look good in the regular season, and then dump in the playoffs. Manning is a hefty investment. They earned the #2 seed in the RS, and one and done in the playoffs. IMO, whoever thought Manning coming to Denver was the solution is the problem.