PDA

View Full Version : Bad, but not bungles bad.

Starlifter
01-04-2015, 05:49 PM
4 one and dones in a row. Yeah, we're going through a slump - but 'ol Marvin has 100 wins. ZERO in the playoffs.

Ahhhh cincy. Bwaaaahaaaaa

7 UP
01-04-2015, 06:09 PM
Knowing that the Bengals and hopefully Cowboys have lost will improve my mood.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-04-2015, 07:38 PM
Bad, but not bungles bad.
Doesn't make me feel a lot better...Steelers are out, same as the Bumgals.

It's a long wait until next season.

skyhawk
01-04-2015, 07:43 PM
I knew the Bengals weren't that good when we played them. I also thought we fans and the team were a little too overconfident vs the Ratbirds because we have not really beaten any top caliber teams other than the Rats and Colts in the regular season.

MCHammer
01-05-2015, 09:52 PM
It was the Steelers taking out Green and Gresham that set Cincy up for their loss. They returned the favor with Bell. It's telling that the AFCN showdown depleted both teams - but that's no excuse. The Ravens were in worse shape than the Steelers.

NorthCoast
01-05-2015, 10:10 PM
..... The Ravens were in worse shape than the Steelers.

Disagree on this point. First, their secondary, while patched together, had been playing together for a few weeks. Second, their starting defensive line was intact for the game. This turned out to be the difference maker in the game.

Steelers had less than a week to get Bell's replacement ready. Pretty short time to replace 40% of the offense.

MCHammer
01-05-2015, 10:23 PM
I think we are overestimating Bell's impact a bit. He never played his most productive games v. Baltimore, including pass yards. I think he actually had a bigger game in the October game when we got killed.

The Ravens got Ngata back, but there secondary remained a mess and their two starting tackles were out. We should have been able to generate more pressure on Flacco.

I'd love to have seen us play them with Bell. But we did that twice before already and only won one of them. That was the game when we sacked Flacco 4 times.

NorthCoast
01-05-2015, 10:58 PM
I think we are overestimating Bell's impact a bit. He never played his most productive games v. Baltimore, including pass yards. I think he actually had a bigger game in the October game when we got killed.

The Ravens got Ngata back, but there secondary remained a mess and their two starting tackles were out. We should have been able to generate more pressure on Flacco.

I'd love to have seen us play them with Bell. But we did that twice before already and only won one of them. That was the game when we sacked Flacco 4 times.

Bell was responsible for 25% of the 1st down conversions in the combined two games against BAL. So no, I don't think we are overstating his value to the offense.