PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Free Agents

phillyesq
01-04-2015, 10:43 AM
Below is a list of free agents on the Steelers, and my thoughts on what I'd like to see the Steelers do:

Unrestricted Free Agents

Jason Worilds: I'd offer him a mid-level deal with little guaranteed. I'd rather not see him back, but the Steelers need somebody at OLB.

James Harrison: If he wants to come back I'll find room for him. Even at 36 he was still the best player on the D (or close to it).

Ike Taylor: Ike has been a huge part of a great defense, but after seeing his play decline this year, I hope that he rides off and enjoys retirement.

Matt Spaeth: Big part of the running game who I'd like to see retained.

Brice McCain: He would have likely commanded a lot more in FA if he held on to that pick. I'd bring him back on a reasonable, Willie Gay level contract if I could for 2-3 years. Nice depth but I hope he isn't starting next year.

DHB: Offer him the minimum. Fine as a #5 WR and special teams player.

Arthur Moats: I'd try to sign him to a 2 year deal for backup money. OK depth / rotational guy, but I don't see him as a starter.

Will Allen: I suspect that Troy will retire. If that happens, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Steelers bring back Allen for the minimum. I'd hate to see him start ahead of Schmarko again, but Thomas needs to step up and win the job if he wants it.

Michael Palmer: Eh. Fine with him returning for the minimum to compete for the #3 spot, but I hope the Steelers draft Heath's heir apparent to groom behind Miller for a year.

Greg Warren: Return.

Clifton Geathers: No thanks, unless he is a camp body.

Ben Tate: hard to judge him from one game. I'd prefer somebody else as the backup to Bell. Tate seems to have a history of getting nicked up, and being on 3 teams in one year is not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Restricted Free Agents

Will Johnson: tender him or maybe even sign him to a modest 3 year deal.

Antwon Blake: awful against the Ravens, but I'd tender him.

Robert Golden: eh, don't care about this too much either way. Fine if they tender him, fine if he walks.

Oviedo
01-04-2015, 11:07 AM
Below is a list of free agents on the Steelers, and my thoughts on what I'd like to see the Steelers do:

Unrestricted Free Agents

Jason Worilds: I'd offer him a mid-level deal with little guaranteed. I'd rather not see him back, but the Steelers need somebody at OLB.

James Harrison: If he wants to come back I'll find room for him. Even at 36 he was still the best player on the D (or close to it).

Ike Taylor: Ike has been a huge part of a great defense, but after seeing his play decline this year, I hope that he rides off and enjoys retirement.

Matt Spaeth: Big part of the running game who I'd like to see retained.

Brice McCain: He would have likely commanded a lot more in FA if he held on to that pick. I'd bring him back on a reasonable, Willie Gay level contract if I could for 2-3 years. Nice depth but I hope he isn't starting next year.

DHB: Offer him the minimum. Fine as a #5 WR and special teams player.

Arthur Moats: I'd try to sign him to a 2 year deal for backup money. OK depth / rotational guy, but I don't see him as a starter.

Will Allen: I suspect that Troy will retire. If that happens, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Steelers bring back Allen for the minimum. I'd hate to see him start ahead of Schmarko again, but Thomas needs to step up and win the job if he wants it.

Michael Palmer: Eh. Fine with him returning for the minimum to compete for the #3 spot, but I hope the Steelers draft Heath's heir apparent to groom behind Miller for a year.

Greg Warren: Return.

Clifton Geathers: No thanks, unless he is a camp body.

Ben Tate: hard to judge him from one game. I'd prefer somebody else as the backup to Bell. Tate seems to have a history of getting nicked up, and being on 3 teams in one year is not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Restricted Free Agents

Will Johnson: tender him or maybe even sign him to a modest 3 year deal.

Antwon Blake: awful against the Ravens, but I'd tender him.

Robert Golden: eh, don't care about this too much either way. Fine if they tender him, fine if he walks.

I totally agree with you. Harrison at 37 is likely better than J Jones at 26

papillon
01-04-2015, 11:11 AM
I totally agree with you. Harrison at 37 is likely better than J Jones at 26

We'll see once the wrist is fully healed and reahabbed in the off season, plus another year in the weight room and learning experience. I believe he'll start slow as the starter next year and develop into a good OLB by the end of the year, which is where he would have been right now, save for the injury. If he's healthy and doesn't improve then I'm with you that he probably won't be what the FO believed he would be.

Pappy

8467thekraken
01-04-2015, 11:13 AM
What kind of salary cap hell are we in this year?

Oviedo
01-04-2015, 11:18 AM
We'll see once the wrist is fully healed and reahabbed in the off season, plus another year in the weight room and learning experience. I believe he'll start slow as the starter next year and develop into a good OLB by the end of the year, which is where he would have been right now, save for the injury. If he's healthy and doesn't improve then I'm with you that he probably won't be what the FO believed he would be.

Pappy

Jones needs a motto "just one more year." I chuckle at the spin doctoring for Jones. Same people who crucify Worilds as a bust as a 2nd round pick make excuses for show nothing Jones as a 1st round pick

Sorry Pappy, but time to realize Jones may never be more than another Jason Worilds...if that! Get off the Jones bandwagon while you can before the wheels all fall off. Let me give you a helping hand.

He doesn't have the strength or speed to beat a good NFL Left Tackle which is no surprise to people who didn't look at stats and hype and watched his style in college. He is tenacious but he doesn't have the moves or speed to be the ROLB this system needs.

Snatch98
01-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Jones needs a motto "just one more year." I chuckle at the spin doctoring for Jones. Same people who crucify Worilds as a bust as a 2nd round pick make excuses for show nothing Jones as a 1st round pick

Sorry Pappy, but time to realize Jones may never be more than another Jason Worilds...if that! Get off the Jones bandwagon while you can before the wheels all fall off. Let me give you a helping hand.

He doesn't have the strength or speed to beat a good NFL Left Tackle which is no surprise to people who didn't look at stats and hype and watched his style in college. He is tenacious but he doesn't have the moves or speed to be the ROLB this system needs.

Jarvis Jones was a rookie last year and he basically lost this year to injury. Comparing him to worilds is laughable. The guy needs a chance to prove himself and contrary to popular belief he hasn't had it yet. I'd prefer the guy get a season where he understands what is going on and is also healthy before he's labeled. A lot of you are fvcking ridiculous.

Oviedo
01-04-2015, 11:36 AM
Jarvis Jones was a rookie last year and he basically lost this year to injury. Comparing him to worilds is laughable. The guy needs a chance to prove himself and contrary to popular belief he hasn't had it yet. I'd prefer the guy get a season where he understands what is going on and is also healthy before he's labeled. A lot of you are fvcking ridiculous.
Didn't Worilds lose a season to a wrist injury but the bar was never lowered for him? Nor did the cries of what a terrible pick and bust ever become muted. Just trying to keep the commentary on the level. So who is really being ridiculous?

The "man love" for Jones is hilarious. There will be so much disappointment and unfortunately the team's defense will be the ultimate loser.

SidSmythe
01-04-2015, 11:37 AM
You can't rest your franchise on Jarvis Jones and Jason Worilds at this point.

Snatch98
01-04-2015, 11:39 AM
You can't rest your franchise on Jarvis Jones and Jason Worilds at this point.

Who is? What we don't know is what we have in Jarvis Jones. Worilds had a healthy season this year and didn't do anything with it. Jones at least deserves a healthy season to prove himself.

Rara
01-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Lets take a look at who we could have drafted instead of Jarvis Jones and Jason Worilds in their appropriate years of the draft:

Who was drafted after Jones was picked:

Eric Reid, S
Sharrif Floyd, DT
DeAndre Hopkins, WR
---------------------------
Was drafted after Worilds was picked:

Golden Tate, WR
Terrence Cody, DT
Morgan Burnett, S (who went in the third...but has been decent in his career)

Snatch98
01-04-2015, 02:19 PM
Lets take a look at who we could have drafted instead of Jarvis Jones and Jason Worilds in their appropriate years of the draft:

Who was drafted after Jones was picked:

Eric Reid, S
Sharrif Floyd, DT
DeAndre Hopkins, WR
---------------------------
Was drafted after Worilds was picked:

Golden Tate, WR
Terrence Cody, DT
Morgan Burnett, S (who went in the third...but has been decent in his career)

Annnd how long did it take golden Tate to do anything worth talking about? He needed a new team to turn the corner. I guess our guys shouldn't be afforded a reasonable amount of time to prove themselves.

phillyesq
01-04-2015, 02:30 PM
What kind of salary cap hell are we in this year?

Not terrible. At this point last year, the Steelers were over the cap. Right now, they are below at $135 million (including dead money, mostly Woodley) against a cap projected at $138 million.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/cap/2015/

Cutting Cam Thomas will save $2 million. Release Mike Mitchell would save $1.1 million (or more if the Steelers elect to designate him a post June 1 cut). If Polamalu retires that is a savings of just under $4 million. Keisel and Lance Moore could free up $1.5 million each if retired / released.

NorthCoast
01-04-2015, 02:32 PM
BAL LBs combined for 40.5 sacks this season. Steelers LBs combined for 22 sacks. Lowest total in more than 10 years for a weak Steelers pass rush.

Slapstick
01-04-2015, 02:51 PM

You are the same guy that defended Timmons with all of your breath after his first two years. Jones deserves the same consideration.

Pappy is right. Complaining about "one more year" after a major injury in his second year is asinine.

Oviedo
01-04-2015, 03:06 PM
You are the same guy that defended Timmons with all of your breath after his first two years. Jones deserves the same consideration.

Pappy is right. Complaining about "one more year" after a major injury in his second year is asinine.

Well, let's see now:

1. Timmons had experienced players on a high performing defense ahead of him...Jones does not!
2. Timmons showed rare speed and explosion for a LB...Jones has none of that!
3. Timmons exploded people when he hit them...can't recall the last time Jones hit someone!
4. Timmons showed early on he could get to the QB when sent on a blitz...Jones hasn't really except for one game!

Childish name calling aside, I know it's hard for many to admit they are wrong and no one is asking for a written mea culpa on the board. However, see what is real and don't waste time defending a questionable player who was handed the most important position on the defense and has not performed.

My consideration means nothing because Jones will be handed two more years because of his draft status, but I just don't expect what we need at ROLB to ever appear. Maybe move him to LOLB and he can try to be Worilds.

Slapstick
01-04-2015, 03:20 PM
Or, when healthy, he'll turn out to be the player the Steelers drafted him to be despite your objections.

BTW, who called you a name?

SS Laser
01-04-2015, 03:26 PM
Well, let's see now:

1. Timmons had experienced players on a high performing defense ahead of him...Jones does not!
2. Timmons showed rare speed and explosion for a LB...Jones has none of that!
3. Timmons exploded people when he hit them...can't recall the last time Jones hit someone!
4. Timmons showed early on he could get to the QB when sent on a blitz...Jones hasn't really except for one game!

Childish name calling aside, I know it's hard for many to admit they are wrong and no one is asking for a written mea culpa on the board. However, see what is real and don't waste time defending a questionable player who was handed the most important position on the defense and has not performed.

My consideration means nothing because Jones will be handed two more years because of his draft status, but I just don't expect what we need at ROLB to ever appear. Maybe move him to LOLB and he can try to be Worilds.I am not Ovi on this matter. On the fence with JJ as I was with Worilds for sure. IF Worilds walks it may be a good idea to move JJ over to LOLB. I do not have the time to search real quick. But Woodley and even Worilds looks like the bigger body guy lines up at LOLB on the Steelers. I am not sure why but it looks that way? Not sure if it is just because Porter and JH were monsters on the ROLB side? Or if it was also some scheme? Like 1 gap Vs. 2 gap? Also many on here Ovi would like for a 1st rd or any rd pick to succeed.

Oviedo
01-04-2015, 03:33 PM
I am not Ovi on this matter. On the fence with JJ as I was with Worilds for sure. IF Worilds walks it may be a good idea to move JJ over to LOLB. I do not have the time to search real quick. But Woodley and even Worilds looks like the bigger body guy lines up at LOLB on the Steelers. I am not sure why but it looks that way? Not sure if it is just because Porter and JH were monsters on the ROLB side? Or if it was also some scheme? Like 1 gap Vs. 2 gap? Also many on here Ovi would like for a 1st rd or any rd pick to succeed.
I would love for Jones to succeed, but I don't think he will. That is all I'm saying. The NFL is a speed game and opposing QBs get rid of the ball quicker than ever. That means your pass rushers have to beat the Left Tackle quickly. IMO Jones can't. Couldn't beat the good ones in college.

Don't really care about the "hater" label for calling it like I see it, but don't act like what I say about seeing in Jones' actual on field performance is wrong. Maybe the light finally comes on in year 3, but I'm not counting on it and I'm concerned about our ability to rebuild this defense to the level I feel should be with Jones as the pass rushing cornerstone.

Slapstick
01-04-2015, 03:35 PM
Haggans and Porter were about the same size. Generally, the Steelers put the bigger OLB on the strong side (TE side).

Slapstick
01-04-2015, 03:37 PM
Also many on here Ovi would like for a 1st rd or any rd pick to succeed.

Not if it means staying in a 3-4.:stirpot

SS Laser
01-04-2015, 09:17 PM
Not if it means staying in a 3-4.:stirpot LOL! Yea I know Ovi's stick. He beats a dead horse. :) He can pray and sacrifice virgin's till the cows come home. I don't see the Steelers switching any time soon. But they could surprise us? ;)

Oviedo
01-04-2015, 10:40 PM
LOL! Yea I know Ovi's stick. He beats a dead horse. :) He can pray and sacrifice virgin's till the cows come home. I don't see the Steelers switching any time soon. But they could surprise us? ;)

That would be "schtick"

It's articulating a well thought out belief that has come true as predicted, not beating a dead horse.

hawaiiansteel
01-05-2015, 07:36 PM
On the Steelers: Some players moving on

By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Reporters pouring into the Steelers locker room Saturday night witnessed an unusual sight: Two very large men in a long embrace in the middle of the locker room, tears flowing.

This had little to do with their playoff ouster by the Baltimore Ravens, 30-17. It had everything to do with the idea that more than a season ended -- the careers of many in that locker room may have ended, as well.

Cam Heyward hugged fellow defensive end Brett Keisel for a long time as both realized it might be their final time in a locker room together. Heyward is integral in the transition to the new Steelers. Keisel, 36, returned to the team in August to help bridge that transition and did so quite well until a torn biceps ended his season Nov. 30.

Chances are, Keisel and others who helped the Steelers win two Super Bowl title and three AFC championships won't return for another season. The others are Troy Polamalu, Ike Taylor and James Harrison.

"This team is not going to be the same next year," Heyward said, his eyes red. "And it breaks my heart."

The transition and reconstruction that began after the 2011 season when they went 12-4 will continue, mostly on defense where they need more help in the secondary and the pass rush, which is to say a major job still lies ahead.

They already had decided to go without Keisel and Harrison, but then weaknesses and injuries prompted them to call back their old gunslingers for one final fight, and they helped the defense and aided in the Steelers returning to the top of the AFC North Division after consecutive 8-8 seasons out of the playoffs.

But now it is time again. Those four veterans who have meant so much for so long to that defense likely will not return in 2015. Reporters were busy asking each if he planned to return to the Steelers next season. It most likely will not be their choice.

"I don't know what this team is going to look like," Heyward continued. "I just appreciate everything they do. It's just tough to think about. I didn't think about it until after the game. You'll never know how much these guys sacrificed. You just don't know what's going to happen in the future."

Thus, the long hug between Heyward and Keisel.

"Yeah, he's meant so much to me and it just [stinks] going out this way," Heyward said. "I'd love to have him back another year, but we just don't know what that entails."

More changes on the way

Those four veterans are not the only ones who may not return. Jason Worilds played through a one-year contract that paid him nearly $10 million and could become a free agent unless they want to pay him a similar amount. Another outside linebacker, Arthur Moats, is not under contract for 2015, nor is starting cornerback Brice McCain.

Young players and high draft picks such as Ryan Shazier, Jarvis Jones and Stephon Tuitt must improve dramatically in 2015.

Their pass rush Saturday night looked like it did for much of the season -- abysmal. Their 33 sacks ranked 26th in the NFL, their fewest in 24 seasons. Worilds and Heyward tied for the team lead with 7½ apiece, and Harrison added 5½. Those three accounted for 62 percent of their sacks and only Heyward is under contract for 2015.

They also will need to improve in another area, according to Harrison.

"You have a young team, hopefully it can do nothing but continue to grow and get better as guys learn to be professionals, learn to be Steelers, figure out what it takes to be a Steeler and not just play for the Steelers," he said.

Harrison explained what he meant by that: "It's a mindset, it's a work ethic, it's a determination."

For all the changes the Steelers have made on defense the past few years -- shooing out the likes of James Farrior, Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith and even Harrison and Keisel before their returns -- more work remains.

"Everything can use improvement," Harrison said. "If you stay the same, obviously you're not doing what needs to be done. Each year, you need to improve. I don't care if you're the best at your position, if you're the best team that year, the next year, you need to come back and do better."

No Bell, no prize

Where the Steelers offense missed Le'Veon Bell most against the Ravens was his threat as a receiver -- he caught 83 passes for 854 yards in 2014, second on the team and records for a Steelers running back.

That dump-off pass Ben Roethlisberger tried to make to Ben Tate that went right through Tate's hands for an interception by Terrell Suggs was a perfect example. Bell usually makes that play and might have made something out of it, like a first down, as he did against Houston that kick-started the Steelers toward the playoffs. In trouble on third down from the 14 and trailing the Texans, 13-0, Roethlisberger dumped a pass to Bell behind the line of scrimmage. He turned it into a 43-yard gain and the Steelers came back to win the first of three in a row.

"Absolutely, there was an effect," Antonio Brown said of missing Bell from the offense.

Tying up loose ends

Coach Mike Tomlin will meet with his players today and hold a news conference at noon Tuesday to wrap up the season. He also meets with each player individually before they depart for some time off.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201501050078

Slapstick
01-05-2015, 10:30 PM
That would be "schtick"

It's articulating a well thought out belief that has come true as predicted, not beating a dead horse.

Crash, is that you?

Iron City Inc.
01-06-2015, 07:16 AM
Haggans and Porter were about the same size. Generally, the Steelers put the bigger OLB on the strong side (TE side).
Can't recall us ever flipping backers to formation. In a 34 both olb's need to be able to stack n shed the TE. If either can't it would not take long for a coordinator to see it and exploit it even if we are stacking the SS.

Shawn
01-06-2015, 08:19 AM

Pappy I must agree.

Shawn
01-06-2015, 08:24 AM
Is it possible that Robert Golden is worse than Mike Mitchell? Really is that possible? Cut Mitchell.

Keep Harrison
Not a fan of Worilds but even if the Steelers go with OLB in the first…he is the best we have.
Keep McCain
DHB-gone
Ike-gone
Tate-ugh probably bring him back to camp on a vet min…hopefully a rookie can uproot him.

Oviedo
01-06-2015, 09:37 AM
Crash, is that you?

Not even close!

Oviedo
01-06-2015, 09:38 AM
I must agree.

I'd be more worried about Jones than Wheaton if I were you.;)

hawaiiansteel
01-06-2015, 04:10 PM
Harrison admits he's considering 2015

By Mike Prisuta

When James Harrison signed in September, he said 'one-and-done.' Now, he's not so sure.

James Harrison let it be known shortly after rejoining the Steelers in September that his return was a one-and-done proposition.

But now that the season is done, Harrison isn’t dismissing the notion that he might want to play another.

“My body felt better, to be honest with you,” Harrison assessed in the wake of the Steelers’ exit from the playoffs at the hands of the Baltimore Ravens.

“When I first got here, going through the practices and the first few weeks, it was a feeling of, my body couldn’t take this, couldn’t handle this. Over the course of the first three to four weeks my body adjusted, started to feel a lot better.

“I felt better at the end of the year than I did in the previous probably two, three years. That was something that kind of crept into my head, ‘You know, I’m actually feeling good,’ nowhere near what I thought I would feel.”

Harrison officially had retired on Sept. 5 after spending last season in Cincinnati, but he re-signed with the Steelers on Sept. 23 in the wake of the dislocated wrist suffered by outside linebacker Jarvis Jones on Sept. 21 at Carolina.

Harrison played as a reserve the following Sunday against Tampa Bay. He missed the first two games in December due to a knee injury but still wound up starting in three of the final five regular season contests and in the playoff encounter against the Ravens.

Harrison gradually expanded a role he said initially was only supposed to require him to play “20 or so snaps” a game.

“I felt like I could start,” Harrison said. “I’m not coming into any situation thinking I’m just going to stick to that role. No guy comes into any situation thinking he’s going to just stick to that role. His anticipation or his desire is to want to start, and that’s what it was.”

He ended the regular season third among Steelers with 5.5 sacks and third with 14 quarterback pressures. At 36, he finds himself contemplating retirement for a second time and at the same time considering a potential sequel season to his comeback.

“At the beginning of the year it was very easy to be like, ‘Yeah, I’m done after this,’ because your body feels like crap,” Harrison said. “It’s hard just trying to get up out of bed.

“Over the course of those four weeks, just losing weight, getting back into shape, your body adjusts and you get back in the competition of going up against other guys and trying to enforce your will on them. I guess you could say it’s a little harder to do (again). That’s why I’m where I’m at right now.

“It’ll be a long process to decide what it is I really want to do.”

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Harrison-admits-hes-considering-2015/b5df336c-42cc-400a-9f9e-fd9c60e933ab

hawaiiansteel
01-07-2015, 03:25 PM
Ike-gone

Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor wants to stay with the Steelers in any capacity

By Dan Sager on Jan 7 2015

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/w6MIo66WlFeLqRz8e3sBFd6GTa0=/0x123:1940x1416/500x333/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/45169078/usa-today-8262456.0.jpg

He'd sign back with them to play another year, and he'd even be a coach, just as long as he's with the organization.

For all the ups and downs of Ike Taylor's careers, from Super Bowls wins to missing the majority of this past season with a broken arm, the Pittsburgh cornerback has shown to definitively be a team-first kind of player.

Last March, due to receive nearly $7 million in base salary, Taylor accepted a pay cut of over $4 million to free up extra cap space. An admirable move, considering the dire cap situation the Steelers found themselves in last season. After the conclusion of the 2014 season, Taylor has publicly announced his plans regarding his immediate future in the NFL. Simply put, Ike Taylor will either be a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2015, or he will retire from the NFL.

This declaration, courtesy of Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, by no means is stated with ill intent or with the goal of extorting the Steelers. Taylor, of course, feels as if he "has a lot of years left" but has also made it clear he's perfectly okay with retiring from the NFL should the Steelers choose to not resign him. In fact, Taylor wants to remain on the Steelers in any capacity, stating, "As far as the Steelers organization, it doesn't have to be with the cleats anymore. I can be in the office. I can be at the bottom and work my way up. I can be an assistant. I don't mind working my way from the bottom up."

This news is actually extremely encouraging for the franchise, as they don't have to worry about hard feelings should they let their decade-long shutdown corner walk away. If the Steelers choose to retain Taylor, it would almost assuredly be at a bargain basement price, and given the weak play of the Pittsburgh secondary, Taylor could potentially remain the starter in 2015. Even at his advanced age, Taylor's size and athleticism could allow him to take the Charles Woodson route and switch to safety, should Pittsburgh choose that alternative form of positioning. At the very least he could serve as a positive locker room influence.

Taylor, one of the remnants from the past two championship teams, along with Troy Polamalu and James Harrison, has already cemented himself as one of the finest Steelers to ever suit up.

The Steelers certainly have options going into the offseason, including the draft and free agency, and some players will likely be cut to get their salaries off the books. Regardless of what capacity Ike Taylor serves for the Steelers, it would be a good idea to keep him around in some way.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/1/7/7506847/pittsburgh-or-bust-for-ike-taylor

Slapstick
01-07-2015, 03:32 PM
Good for Ike! A lot of players would allow pride to cloud their decision making and lead them somewhere they would regret going (James Harrison, anyone?)...

It's a great organization that welcomes former players (Joe Greene, Jerry Olsavsky, Carnell Lake, Mark Bruener, Joey Porter) and takes care of them...

K Train
01-07-2015, 03:35 PM
Ike is complicated...he completely shut down jimmy graham and got torched by Kenny Stills.....hes lost a few steps, but they arent brining him back to be the #1 CB anymore, that much is clear

feltdizz
01-07-2015, 03:54 PM
if he is anything besides a coach I will be furious...

RuthlessBurgher
01-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor wants to stay with the Steelers in any capacity

I'd sign him as Garrett Giemont's assistant. Giemont could work primarily in the weight room with strength building, and Ike could work primarily on the track with speed building. Having young players training with Ike for their offseason conditioning work would be tremendous.

flippy
01-07-2015, 04:28 PM
I'd sign him as Garrett Giemont's assistant. Giemont could work primarily in the weight room with strength building, and Ike could work primarily on the track with speed building. Having young players training with Ike for their offseason conditioning work would be tremendous.

This was my first thought as well (except I didn't remember Garrett's name).

Ike's probably the one of the best conditioned players this team has ever had and he has experience getting guys to join him and work out in the offseason already.

If I were the Steelers, I'd do anything possible to keep this guy around the team and young players. He has a special personality that I think helps keep guys loose.

Everyone speaks of different players being role models in the locker room and being leaders on the team. No one really talks of Ike this way, but I think he's a glue that holds teammates together in his own goofy way.