PDA

View Full Version : To much focus on the run - game loss on Tomlin

Sword
01-04-2015, 07:56 AM
I believe, the biggest problem was to much focus on the run period. Game plan was bad. I put this loss on Tomlin for playing scared.
We won the last time by throwing 6 td, what the hell was that last night..

Runs that did nothing except take time off the clock and get a few yards and then when we got down the field we settle for field goals.

There was was other issues as well but, this was the biggest...

RobinCole
01-04-2015, 09:03 AM
19 runs, 48 passes, plus another five pass plays that ended up as sacks. Sorry, can't see that as being too focused on the run. We got manhandled at the LOS. We had turnovers. There were some horrible calls and no-calls that didn't help. But the bottom line is that we lost in the trenches and had turnovers.

SteelerMaine83
01-04-2015, 09:37 AM
We can look at a lot of things that may have changed the outcome, but it comes down to what almost always determines the winner between these two team--the more physical team won.

Oviedo
01-04-2015, 09:41 AM
We can look at a lot of things that may have changed the outcome, but it comes down to what almost always determines the winner between these two team--the more physical team won.
...let me also add "the team most aggressive on defense." The Ravens were in attack mode all night and LeBeau played soft most of the night rushing 3 or 4 too often. The Ravens were rushing 5 or 6. That is blitzing not the crap LeBeau did

Djfan
01-04-2015, 07:33 PM
...let me also add "the team most aggressive on defense." The Ravens were in attack mode all night and LeBeau played soft most of the night rushing 3 or 4 too often. The Ravens were rushing 5 or 6. That is blitzing not the crap LeBeau did

Agreed. Also, the softness on the offense. Why did we wait until we were down to open up the offense. That third and one QB "sneak" was so lame I almost puked.

The refs just deflated us when we got some wind, IMO.

skyhawk
01-04-2015, 07:45 PM
No big plays. Too many turnovers and personal fouls. Steelers got hit in the mouth.

Steelhere10
01-04-2015, 07:52 PM
I believe, the biggest problem was to much focus on the run period. Game plan was bad. I put this loss on Tomlin for playing scared.
We won the last time by throwing 6 td, what the hell was that last night..

Runs that did nothing except take time off the clock and get a few yards and then when we got down the field we settle for field goals.

There was was other issues as well but, this was the biggest...You blame this on Tomlin when they threw around 60% lol next.

Steelhere10
01-04-2015, 07:53 PM
Dickey coaches soft end of story.