PDA

View Full Version : Outplayed and Outcoached

BradshawsHairdresser
01-04-2015, 12:44 AM
Ravens played like they wanted it more...dominated the line of scrimmage. As I predicted, Steelers sorely missed their Bellcow.

LeBeau tried to bring pressure with three and four rushers--knew that would be a fail. Didn't see much in the way of his vaunted "adjustments" that some were crowing about last week.

Nice second half of season, but a disappointing way to end. At least the team has a good deal to build on. But their franchise QB is running out of career.

I wouldn't be surprised if Troy, Ike, Harrison, and Keisel all retire. Things will look a lot different with this team next season. Hope they reload and kill it then.

hawaiiansteel
01-04-2015, 12:45 AM
Ravens played like they wanted it more...dominated the line of scrimmage.

yup, both of them...

squidkid
01-04-2015, 12:46 AM
another loss to an inferior team........the story of the 2014 season

NorthCoast
01-04-2015, 12:46 AM
I don't think they are that far away from being reloaded for a deep run next season. Pick up another RB, multiple CBs and a safety, and an OLB would help too.... OK... maybe they are missing quite a few pieces.

papillon
01-04-2015, 12:49 AM
Ravens played like they wanted it more...dominated the line of scrimmage. As I predicted, Steelers sorely missed their Bellcow.

LeBeau tried to bring pressure with three and four rushers--knew that would be a fail. Didn't see much in the way of his vaunted "adjustments" that some were crowing about last week.

Nice second half of season, but a disappointing way to end. At least the team has a good deal to build on. But their franchise QB is running out of career.

I wouldn't be surprised if Troy, Ike, Harrison, and Keisel all retire. Things will look a lot different with this team next season. Hope they reload and kill it then.

I get the frustration, but when the Steelers brought blitzes Joe carved them up pretty good. The four man rush was getting good pressure, Joe was hit quite a bit, the backend didn't play well tonight, particularly in the middle of the field. I thought McCain and Blake did well on the outside throws, but the secondary in general struggled covering the middle of the field it seemed.

Pappy

BURGH86STEEL
01-04-2015, 12:49 AM
People need to stop believing that other teams are inferior. It just doesn't work that way at the professional level.

Mick'sTeam
01-04-2015, 12:50 AM

The story of the Tomlin era

phillyesq
01-04-2015, 12:51 AM
That is about the sum of it. I hated the defensive play calling (too conservative for my taste), but even when the Steelers blitzed, they couldn't capitalize.

NorthCoast
01-04-2015, 12:52 AM
I get the frustration, but when the Steelers brought blitzes Joe carved them up pretty good. The four man rush was getting good pressure, Joe was hit quite a bit, the backend didn't play well tonight, particularly in the middle of the field. I thought McCain and Blake did well on the outside throws, but the secondary in general struggled covering the middle of the field it seemed.

Pappy

Give the OC credit. He attacked the Steelers weakness and it worked well. Steelers with too many holes on defense to make a strong run in the playoffs this season.

squidkid
01-04-2015, 12:52 AM
People need to stop believing that other teams are inferior. It just doesn't work that way at the professional level.

so the jets, bucs, browns and saints are better than us?

Steelhere10
01-04-2015, 12:53 AM
That is about the sum of it. I hated the defensive play calling (too conservative for my taste), but even when the Steelers blitzed, they couldn't capitalize.
When you wait too late to blitz you then give Flacco confidence, that was the story early.

NorthCoast
01-04-2015, 12:53 AM
A team that allows 3rd and 22 completion is not a good team either.

Eddie Spaghetti
01-04-2015, 12:54 AM
Poor showing by just about everybody involved on our side

fordfixer
01-04-2015, 12:57 AM
Poor showing by just about everybody involved on our side

Yup sounds just like another team loss (crazy I know)

papillon
01-04-2015, 12:58 AM

when you hate Tomlin or Lebeau or Haley that's what people believe. The difference between the 6-10 and 10-6 teams is miniscule, yes, you have Tampas and Raiders this year, but there are no pushovers (certainly not in the twelve teams that were left in the playoffs today). The Ravens strength was better than the Steelers strength tonight, it happens.

Pappy

Ghost
01-04-2015, 01:01 AM
Yeah, complete team loss. O played terrible (yeah, yeah, Bell was out but they all knew that was happening and should not have allowed that fact to cripple them) but the Ravens secondary was patchwork and should have been exploitable.

The D and the ridiculous inability to stop teams (over and over tonight) on third and long makes me want to vomit. Just sickening to watch the team be incapable to stop 3rd and a mile.

Thought the Ravens out coached the Steelers and as a team appeared to be better prepared and want it more. Sad way to end the season.

BURGH86STEEL
01-04-2015, 01:01 AM
when you hate Tomlin or Lebeau or Haley that's what people believe. The difference between the 6-10 and 10-6 teams is miniscule, yes, you have Tampas and Raiders this year, but there are no pushovers (certainly not in the twelve teams that were left in the playoffs today). The Ravens strength was better than the Steelers strength tonight, it happens.

Pappy
It's so odd that people can watch this game for years and learn very little to nothing.

papillon
01-04-2015, 01:03 AM
It's so odd that people can watch this game for years and learn very little to nothing.

Agendas override facts.

Pappy

Eddie Spaghetti
Ravens are building a pretty impressive road playoff resume

Have to grudgingly give them credit

Ghost

Oh that we were all as intelligent as you... Do you only show up to be a sanctimonious douche?

NorthCoast
01-04-2015, 01:04 AM

Pappy

Part of my frustration is how the Ravens were able to cobble 7 different players in their secondary and play so well against the #6 offense in the NFL? Something smelled very wrong in this game but it may simply have been Bell's absence tipping the scales.

Steelers err'd by not going deep early. Ball control was not going to cut it tonight.

BURGH86STEEL
01-04-2015, 01:08 AM
Oh that we were all as intelligent as you... Do you only show up to be a sanctimonious douche?
If only people could learn. Oh well hater.

papillon
01-04-2015, 01:11 AM
Part of my frustration is how the Ravens were able to cobble 7 different players in their secondary and play so well against the #6 offense in the NFL? Something smelled very wrong in this game but it may simply have been Bell's absence tipping the scales.

Steelers err'd by not going deep early. Ball control was not going to cut it tonight.

If they score TDs ball control wins the game. The Ravens played with the lead, that's huge.

Pappy

Ghost
01-04-2015, 01:14 AM
If only people could learn. Oh well hater.

You add nothing. Never have. People who use the word hater are imbeciles. How pathetic a life you must have.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-04-2015, 01:46 AM
If they score TDs ball control wins the game. The Ravens played with the lead, that's huge.

Pappy

$$$$
Those missed opportunities in the first half, when the Steelers had to settle for FGs instead of TDs--they were costly.

RobinCole
01-04-2015, 09:46 AM
One commentator on ESPN radio opined last night that he thought NE would rather not play Baltimore. I tend to agree. Don't see where Baltimore was the "inferior" team last night or all year. Ngata returning from suspension and Canty returning from injury improved their team while the loss of Bell made us weaker. Their front seven is scary. What "inferior" team?

Ernie
01-04-2015, 09:52 AM
One commentator on ESPN radio opined last night that he thought NE would rather not play Baltimore. I tend to agree. Don't see where Baltimore was the "inferior" team last night or all year. Ngata returning from suspension and Canty returning from injury improved their team while the loss of Bell made us weaker. Their front seven is scary. What "inferior" team?

They aren't inferior. Their front 7 beat our front 7 on both sides of the ball last night. They were the better team. NE will have their hands full next week, that's for sure.

feltdizz
01-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Our bitter rival is inferior?

tiproast
01-04-2015, 10:41 AM
One commentator on ESPN radio opined last night that he thought NE would rather not play Baltimore.
Lots of NE fans feel this way.

I don't. I think the Pats showed in last year's game in Baltimore that they can handle the Ravens (41-7).

Playoffs are different than regular season, of course, but I think the Pats are much stronger this year across the board going into the game - players available next week that weren't on the team or were injured for the previous Ravens game: Gronk, Wilfork, Revis, Browner.

Oviedo
01-04-2015, 11:10 AM
Part of my frustration is how the Ravens were able to cobble 7 different players in their secondary and play so well against the #6 offense in the NFL?

It's called being aggressive on defense, not playing cute thinking you are fooling the opponent and just keeping it simple lining up and beating the guy opposite you. All the things LeBeau doesn't do.

Watch the game. LeBeau thinks a blitz is sending 4 maybe 5. The Raven blitz 5 or 6. Guess what, when you send 4 or 5 you still don't outnumber the OL. When you send 6 or more you do. Basic math Dickey!

papillon
01-04-2015, 11:23 AM
It's called being aggressive on defense, not playing cute thinking you are fooling the opponent and just keeping it simple lining up and beating the guy opposite you. All the things LeBeau doesn't do.

Watch the game. LeBeau thinks a blitz is sending 4 maybe 5. The Raven blitz 5 or 6. Guess what, when you send 4 or 5 you still don't outnumber the OL. When you send 6 or more you do. Basic math Dickey!

Easy to be aggressive when you have Dumervil, Suggs, Canty and Ngata as your front 4. Who do the Steelers have that can beat the guy across from him regularly? Believe it or not Flacco was hurried and hiot more than Ben, he wasn't sacked more, but he didn't have a comfortable pocket all night, he outplayed Ben.

Pappy

fezziwig
01-04-2015, 01:31 PM
I thought Dri Archer could save our season........:( tsk tsk

fezziwig
01-04-2015, 01:34 PM
Before this season started, I picked Baltimore to go to this years Super Bowl. I hope they beat the Cheats next week and lose the following week.

Djfan
01-04-2015, 07:27 PM
I hope they beat the Cheats next week and lose the following week.

I hope this, too. Anyone but Marsha or Romo and I'm good. I'd rather not have the donkos win, just because I live in that area, but that would still be better than the other two.

NorthCoast
01-04-2015, 10:01 PM

I know you have a severe distaste for facts, but the fact is:

"Roethlisberger did not receive great protection from his offensive line. But all five of the Ravens’ sacks came on play in which they rushed just four passers, according to ESPN Stats & Information."

BradshawsHairdresser
01-04-2015, 10:18 PM
I know you have a severe distaste for facts, but the fact is:

"Roethlisberger did not receive great protection from his offensive line. But all five of the Ravens’ sacks came on play in which they rushed just four passers, according to ESPN Stats & Information."

They rushed four PASSERS? I don't recall seeing that...do they even have 4 passers on their roster? :)