PDA

View Full Version : Man, that was painful.

8467thekraken
01-04-2015, 12:27 AM
Not taking anything from Baltimore, but Bell woulda been nice.

Doesn't numb the pain, though.
Still lost.

...hmfh...

papillon
01-04-2015, 12:29 AM
Not taking anything from Baltimore, but Bell woulda been nice.

Doesn't numb the pain, though.
Still lost.

...hmfh...

Still a lot to build on for next year, the off season sucks, it seems like it takes forever.

Pappy

Steelhere10
01-04-2015, 12:30 AM
I hope they decide to part ways with
Dickey
Troy
Ike
Worilds
Mitchell

SidSmythe
01-04-2015, 12:31 AM
Bell can now make a case for a huge contract. It's that obvious

DukieBoy
01-04-2015, 12:34 AM
We were minus 100 yds penalties compared to the opposition.

buccoray61
01-04-2015, 12:36 AM
Hate to say it,but you have to give it to the Ravens. The Steelers couldn't protect Ben,had no flow on offense. On defense,they couldn't get off the field on 3rd down 3rd and long especially,over all the Steelers came out flat.

squidkid
01-04-2015, 12:37 AM
you can blame at least 10 people for this ass kicking

papillon
01-04-2015, 12:38 AM
Hate to say it,but you have to give it to the Ravens. The Steelers couldn't protect Ben,had no flow on offense. On defense,they couldn't get off the field on 3rd down 3rd and long especially,over all the Steelers came out flat.

Trying to block Suggs with a TE is never a good idea and the Steelers tried it repeatedly.

Pappy

SteelCrazy
01-04-2015, 12:42 AM
Shamarko Thomas should be on the field or Will Allen. Troy is finished.

Mike Mitchell is a liability.

Jason Worilds is a beast at being average.

Ben played like he had a concussion the entire game.

Josh Harris should have been used if it was Bell playing. The entire Offense was out of rhythm.

Our OLine played poorly.

15 yard penalties were in abundance.

Our 1st pick should be an OLB or a small DE to convert.

Starlifter
01-04-2015, 12:46 AM
Pretty simple. We couldn't get pressure. They were constantly getting pressure with their base 4. That let them play off deep. They didn't do anything special on offense - but after all these years I'm still amazed at the fact they still find ways to get their te free over the middle and we have no answer for it. It's flaccos go to play on 3rd and long.

Very disappointing.

phillyesq
01-04-2015, 12:46 AM
Trying to block Suggs with a TE is never a good idea and the Steelers tried it repeatedly.

Pappy

Almost as poor an idea as running empty sets against the Ravens and hoping that Heath will break a tackle.

Mick'sTeam
01-04-2015, 12:49 AM
Pathetic showing by all. Nothing else to say.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-04-2015, 12:52 AM
I hope they decide to part ways with
Dickey
Troy
Ike
Worilds
Mitchell

I think Troy and Ike will be gone.

And I agree on Mike Mitchell. I know a certain poster will get all bent out of shape when he sees this on here, but I thought Mitchell played poorly. But I'm sure we'll hear a bunch of excuses.

bostonsteeler
01-04-2015, 01:02 AM
Mitchell played poorly.
So did Ben. What sort of int was that with the game on the line? The Ben of old (pre-Midgeville) would be at his best in those situations. But in the past 4 years he's just not been that clutch.

DL's D is getting painful to watch. We shouldn't cringe at 3rd and long. This goes back to Charred Scott and Burned Alexander days..

papillon
01-04-2015, 01:05 AM
Mitchell played poorly.
So did Ben. What sort of int was that with the game on the line? The Ben of old (pre-Midgeville) would be at his best in those situations. But in the past 4 years he's just not been that clutch.

DL's D is getting painful to watch. We shouldn't cringe at 3rd and long. This goes back to Charred Scott and Burned Alexander days..

Mike should have let Gradkowski finish that drive and if the Steelers get the ball back, put Ben back in, Grad converted 3rd and 21 into a first down and looked comfortable, he should have finished the drive.

Pappy

SteelCrazy
01-04-2015, 01:05 AM
I think Troy and Ike will be gone.

And I agree on Mike Mitchell. I know a certain poster will get all bent out of shape when he sees this on here, but I thought Mitchell played poorly. But I'm sure we'll hear a bunch of excuses.

There isnt any excuses for Mitchell. He has been a weak link all year. He is a bottom tier safety and should be paid as such. I had a belief that he was a good find at the time of his signing, but he showed his game and I have been disappointed ever since.

Ghost
01-04-2015, 01:06 AM
Mike should have let Gradkowski finish that drive and if the Steelers get the ball back, put Ben back in, Grad converted 3rd and 21 into a first down and looked comfortable, he should have finished the drive.

Pappy

Agreed. Let him finish the drive.

phillyesq
01-04-2015, 01:09 AM
There isnt any excuses for Mitchell. He has been a weak link all year. He is a bottom tier safety and should be paid as such. I had a belief that he was a good find at the time of his signing, but he showed his game and I have been disappointed ever since.

It was an awful signing, particularly when you look at Malcolm Jenkins, a far superior player, signing for the same average annual value. Mitchell was a big miss by the FO.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-04-2015, 01:31 AM

Pappy

Yep. Grad may or may not have led the team to a TD, but he had a better chance than a still-woozy Ben. Poor call to put Ben back in at that point.

NJ-STEELER
01-04-2015, 02:03 AM

Pappy

our OTs struggle with him as well

SteelCrazy
01-04-2015, 02:06 AM
It was an awful signing, particularly when you look at Malcolm Jenkins, a far superior player, signing for the same average annual value. Mitchell was a big miss by the FO.

We'd have a better Defense for sure with a player like Jenkins

Oviedo
01-04-2015, 04:54 AM
Our 1st pick should be an OLB or a small DE to convert.

Really? Another LeBeau 2-3 year project is going to help this defense? That has been the problem not the solution.

Time to wake up we don't have the experience and depth to take time to do it LeBeau's way anymore. We need a simpler, straight forward attacking defense that can integrate new talent quicker not business as usual. None of this complexity BS that take too much time to learn and doesn't work anyway.

JoshBroski
01-04-2015, 05:05 AM
Really? Another LeBeau 2-3 year project is going to help this defense? That has been the problem not the solution.

Time to wake up we don't have the experience and depth to take time to do it LeBeau's way anymore. We need a simpler, straight forward attacking defense that can integrate new talent quicker not business as usual. None of this complexity BS that take too much time to learn and doesn't work anyway.

Exactly. It'll be fun seeing our last 2 first round picks playing their real first season. They'll probably suck though since injuries didn't allow them to learn the defense in Mandarin and Italian. We'll likely see Shamarko play sometime in 2017. But since he can't start over a guy who had a torn groin all season who knows. Hopefully we'll see our 2015 first round pick start by 2020 barring an injury.

grotonsteel
01-04-2015, 05:18 AM

If you give Dick lebeau first pick in the draft he will take 2-3 years to get snaps because he will be still learning the playbook. DL playbook fools only Steelers players.Time to fire DL. He cant coach anymore. If offense did not had TOP for 21 min in first half i think Ravens could have put 60 points on this pathetic Defense.

Drafting so many early RD LBers and still it is the weakest link. I think time to move to 4-3.

thor75
01-04-2015, 05:37 AM
If you give Dick lebeau first pick in the draft he will take 2-3 years to get snaps because he will be still learning the playbook. DL playbook fools only Steelers players.Time to fire DL. He cant coach anymore. If offense did not had TOP for 21 min in first half i think Ravens could have put 60 points on this pathetic Defense.

Drafting so many early RD LBers and still it is the weakest link. I think time to move to 4-3.

Don't make the mistake I did and take out all your frustrations on a booze riddled tirade (sorry Lemming!!). LeBeau did fine with Tuitt, McCain, and Blake. I know the last two weren't rookies, but they were new to the system. I think 60 points is ridick. They have had trouble with the run defense, but that will hopefully change when they get some def lineman who will help Heyward.

SteelCrazy
01-04-2015, 09:58 AM
If we have OLBers that can create pressure, our D is a top 5 D. Worilds is average and Jones is still an unknown. LeBeau is a good DC and even if he retires, you know who is gonna replace him, right?

Oviedo
01-04-2015, 10:08 AM
If we have OLBers that can create pressure, our D is a top 5 D. Worilds is average and Jones is still an unknown. LeBeau is a good DC and even if he retires, you know who is gonna replace him, right?
Jones isn't unknown. Time to jump off the bandwagon and admit Jones may never even be Worilds. He got abused last night by back up James Hurst. He has no clue how to beat a good Left Tackle.

Also, time to realize that the "if we have OLBs" excuse is done. We have been draft LeBeau's "projects" and when is the last one to be successful? It is too high risk a proposition to take the time to "convert" these guys and hope they work out. Heck, we drafted the supposed perfect fit in Jarvis Jones and that has been a two year failure.

Need to simplify the defense and go to the 4-3 where players step into positions they have played for years not spend two years learning new ones. Our best pass rushers, that we really have not that we wish we had, are on the def line. So go to a system where we rely on the def line to attack the QB not OLBs we don't have and LeBeau can't develop.

papillon
01-04-2015, 11:52 AM

The offense had 21 minutes of TOP because the defense played well, they gave up 10 points. The offense didn't take advantage of their opportunities. The 2nd half is a different story, the defense and offense struggled, mostly the defense on 3rd down.

Pappy

grotonsteel
01-04-2015, 12:00 PM
The offense had 21 minutes of TOP because the defense played well, they gave up 10 points. The offense didn't take advantage of their opportunities. The 2nd half is a different story, the defense and offense struggled, mostly the defense on 3rd down.

Pappy

How is that Defense played great in first half? Baltimore had around 8 min of possession and 3 drives. One went for FG another went for TD (~4 min) and first drive was a punt.

Slapstick
01-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Jones isn't unknown. Time to jump off the bandwagon and admit Jones may never even be Worilds. He got abused last night by back up James Hurst. He has no clue how to beat a good Left Tackle.

Also, time to realize that the "if we have OLBs" excuse is done. We have been draft LeBeau's "projects" and when is the last one to be successful? It is too high risk a proposition to take the time to "convert" these guys and hope they work out. Heck, we drafted the supposed perfect fit in Jarvis Jones and that has been a two year failure.

Need to simplify the defense and go to the 4-3 where players step into positions they have played for years not spend two years learning new ones. Our best pass rushers, that we really have not that we wish we had, are on the def line. So go to a system where we rely on the def line to attack the QB not OLBs we don't have and LeBeau can't develop.

No, you're wrong. The jury is still out on Jones if you are a reasonable human being.

But, simplifying the D, if you have the athletes, can definitely work.

Shoe
01-04-2015, 12:36 PM
Yep. Grad may or may not have led the team to a TD, but he had a better chance than a still-woozy Ben. Poor call to put Ben back in at that point.

Oh, c'mon. You guys are Sunday Morning QB'g. What if Grad throws a pick? You guys would be saying, "should've put Ben back in."

If Ben says he's good to go and is cleared, he has to go back in.

No, you're wrong. The jury is still out on Jones if you are a reasonable human being.

But, simplifying the D, if you have the athletes, can definitely work.

As for Jones, we just gotta ride with him. As long as he stays healthy, I think he will be a positive force on our D. (Not saying he will be what he was in college; I think he can be a poorman's Joey Porter at best.) As for Worilds, can't see him back. He certainly isn't worth the $9m we paid for him this year. If he takes a big cut from that (i.e. 1/3 less), I'd consider him.

OLB is a luxury. We need to draft a stud in the secondary. We need a new TE (Heath is only a Matt Spaeth at this point.)

We actually are in pretty good shape going forward *knock on wood*.

Slapstick
01-04-2015, 12:40 PM
After this season, I feel as though the arrow is pointing up. I didn't feel that way for the three previous seasons.

SteelCrazy
01-04-2015, 03:05 PM
The arrow is pointing up as long as we have a healthy Bell. We need some help on D though

Oviedo
01-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Oh, c'mon. You guys are Sunday Morning QB'g. What if Grad throws a pick? You guys would be saying, "should've put Ben back in."

As for Jones, we just gotta ride with him. As long as he stays healthy, I think he will be a positive force on our D. (Not saying he will be what he was in college; I think he can be a poorman's Joey Porter at best.) As for Worilds, can't see him back. He certainly isn't worth the $9m we paid for him this year. If he takes a big cut from that (i.e. 1/3 less), I'd consider him.

OLB is a luxury. We need to draft a stud in the secondary. We need a new TE (Heath is only a Matt Spaeth at this point.)

Well, we are stuck with Jones but don't expect much.

It would be nice to keep Worilds because with all his inconsistency he is still better than Jones, but it is unlikely he is back.

OLB is not a luxury because if we keep doing things LeBeau's way, no CB we draft will be successful without pressure from the front 7 and playing "tackle the catch."

The change on defense needs to be fundamental not cosmetic to improve what we will have next year.

pfelix73
01-04-2015, 03:56 PM

Same old song and dance... There are many MANY colleges converting to the 3-4. So why change?

Time to finally FINALLY draft a CB. Been the talk all morning on the local stations..... And Worilds has to go.. Replaced... As in sign a FA.

squidkid
01-04-2015, 05:07 PM
After this season, I feel as though the arrow is pointing up. I didn't feel that way for the three previous seasons.

sure ya did:rolleyes:

BradshawsHairdresser
01-04-2015, 05:38 PM

He was still out of it...too soon after the hit. And Grad was doing OK. Let him play out the series, then put Ben in for the next one. If you can't trust your backup, what's he there for?

As for Jones, we just gotta ride with him.
I agree with this. Too early to give up on him.

We need a new TE (Heath is only a Matt Spaeth at this point.)
A bit of exaggeration, don't you think? But I'd be OK with drafting a young TE to take over in another year or two.

Steelers have a couple glaring holes in our D to fill, and I don't think it would hurt to look at adjusting defensive philosophy. But basically, I agree and I'm hopeful looking forward.