PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Question

blitz71burgh71
01-03-2015, 02:46 AM
So i was reading a ravens forum, and they asked this question ?

if it came down to it this weekend, what scenario would you prefer for the Steelers and why?

- 2 min left, UP by three Ravens have the ball on their own 20, 2 timeouts left.
- 2 min left, DOWN by three Steelers have the ball on their own 20, 2 timeouts left.

I gotta go with Ben and compnay.

bostonsteeler
01-03-2015, 03:58 AM
So i was reading a ravens forum, and they asked this question ?

if it came down to it this weekend, what scenario would you prefer for the Steelers and why?

- 2 min left, UP by three Ravens have the ball on their own 20, 2 timeouts left.
- 2 min left, DOWN by three Steelers have the ball on their own 20, 2 timeouts left.

I gotta go with Ben and compnay.

Dumb question. In both scenarios Pit is down by 3. Of *course* you want the ball in Steeler hands.

papillon
01-03-2015, 09:08 AM
Dumb question. In both scenarios Pit is down by 3. Of *course* you want the ball in Steeler hands.

No, he's wondering which of the Ravens unit's other fans want on the field with two minutes to go, the offense to run out the clock or the defense to defend Ben and the offense.

- 2 min left, UP by three Ravens have the ball on their own 20, 2 timeouts left. (Ravens winning and have the ball)
- 2 min left, DOWN by three Steelers have the ball on their own 20, 2 timeouts left.(Ravens losing and Steelers have the ball)

Pappy

7 UP
01-03-2015, 09:25 AM
I always want the lead. Give me the 3 point lead and I will take my chances with this defense, especially in this game. Weather will not be good tonight. Let Flacco try to put a drive together in freezing rain and sleet.

7 UP
01-03-2015, 09:26 AM
BTW, heres to the Steelers being up by more than 3 with 2 minutes to go.:Cheers:tt1

Shawn
01-03-2015, 09:42 AM
I always want the lead. Give me the 3 point lead and I will take my chances with this defense, especially in this game. Weather will not be good tonight. Let Flacco try to put a drive together in freezing rain and sleet. Yes, you always take the lead. Unless the score is has both teams in the 40's and both teams have been going up and down the field at will.

bostonsteeler
01-03-2015, 10:07 AM
Flacco depends on deep throws; that's what he's good at. Rainy weather takes that away -- wet balls travel less and are harder to catch. Wet turf also slows you down.

Discipline of Steel
01-03-2015, 10:40 AM
Yes, you always take the lead. Unless the score is has both teams in the 40's and both teams have been going up and down the field at will.

This is my perspective although i suspect the game circumstances will not be scores in the 40s.

AzStillers1989
01-03-2015, 11:13 AM
BTW, heres to the Steelers being up by more than 3 with 2 minutes to go.:Cheers:tt1
Here here !!!:Cheers:tt1:tt2

SidSmythe
01-03-2015, 11:30 AM
I'd go up by 3. Doubtful the Gayvens score 7.

The thought of not having Bell on that drive is scary.

I prefer the thought of Harrison coming off the edge for the strip sack

RuthlessBurgher
01-03-2015, 12:39 PM
I'd go up by 3. Doubtful the Gayvens score 7.

The thought of not having Bell on that drive is scary.

I prefer the thought of Harrison coming off the edge for the strip sack

Or Troy with a pick-six from Flacco to seal the deal for old times sake.

Flasteel
01-03-2015, 12:59 PM
Would it make a difference if the scenario was up or down by 2 points? While I likely go with the lead regardless, I'm a lot more apprehensive if they would only need to get in FG range for the win. I might be more inclined to go with Ben and the offense down by 2.

Like Shawn stated, a lot would depend on the flow of the game and how the offenses had been moving the ball all night.

Man...this thread is more proof that I need to unplug from all of this pregame internet and TV coverage. :-) I think it's time to head out on the boat and soak-up some suds-n-sunshine for the next 6 hours or so. :tt2

SidSmythe
01-03-2015, 01:07 PM
Would it make a difference if the scenario was up or down by 2 points? While I likely go with the lead regardless, I'm a lot more apprehensive if they would only need to get in FG range for the win. I might be more inclined to go with Ben and the offense down by 2.

Like Shawn stated, a lot would depend on the flow of the game and how the offenses had been moving the ball all night.

Man...this thread is more proof that I need to unplug from all of this pregame internet and TV coverage. :-) I think it's time to head out on the boat and soak-up some suds-n-sunshine for the next 6 hours or so. :tt2

You are lucky. I'm in Upstate/Western NY (Bills Country) and I have nothing to do but worry about the game tonight. Outside??? No way.

I am heading to Orlando tomorrow ... a day too late. I might take a NyQuil and set my alarm for 8:05

7 UP
01-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Yes, you always take the lead. Unless the score is has both teams in the 40's and both teams have been going up and down the field at will.

If its 53 to 50 Ill still take the lead. Too many variables. All the pressure is on your opponent. One bad bounce, bad handoff, tipped ball and its game over. Plus a field goal only ties the game and you go to OT.

flippy
01-03-2015, 02:16 PM
Can I choose the lead and the ball?