PDA

View Full Version : 100% of Rain Saturday / Saturday night in Pittsburgh

Ghost
01-01-2015, 05:44 PM
Hope the grounds crew has the field in the best shape it could be in at this point in the year and Harris is ok with carrying a wet ball. Going to be an absolute slop fest!

Iron City Inc.
01-01-2015, 07:32 PM
I've heard my share of popped hamstrings on soft fields so lets hope it's not a mud fest. Short to medium passing game becomes difficult to contain on bad tracks ...hard to react in coverage and it's not easy to rush the passer on skates.
"A" gap pressure will be in vogue. Team that handles that well or executes it well will be tough to beat. DL should dial up a steady dose of x fire. Stop the run on the way to the qb.
I'm still waiting for us to run a boot or two out of power counter and hit a seam or drag. Harris is a plant and one cut runner so his style may work out on a bad track.

Bigsteel
01-01-2015, 07:48 PM
Hope the grounds crew has the field in the best shape it could be in at this point in the year and Harris is ok with carrying a wet ball. Going to be an absolute slop fest!

Hopefully like the one in 07, Monday night

Shoe
01-01-2015, 08:41 PM

Good point, Ghost. Bell was a great ball-handler. I HOPE HOPE HOPE this kid Harris hangs on to the ball... really, that is all I care about. If he goes 15 carries for 40 yards, I'm good with that--as long as he doesn't make any BIG mistakes.

pittpete
01-01-2015, 09:57 PM
Glad i was able to get endzone seats under the overhang...
Let it pour

Ghost
01-03-2015, 08:20 PM
Looking like the hourly forecast has it not raining for the game. 40% chance late in the game. Weirdly 40's now but temps going up.

Eddie Spaghetti
01-03-2015, 08:29 PM
I think we caught a break