PDA

View Full Version : McCullers

NorthCoast
12-29-2014, 10:46 PM
Apparently played 4 snaps last night at NT. Anyone notice his play?

OsoRojo
12-29-2014, 10:56 PM
I didn't even notice that he DID play. I was high on the guy, but I do wonder if he'll ever get past the leverage issue. Anybody believe he's big enough for the leverage not to matter as much? I've seen linemen get under his pads before and while he bends he really didn't move backwards. I kinda wondered if that was indicative or not.

bostonsteeler
12-29-2014, 11:13 PM
I didn't even notice that he DID play. I was high on the guy, but I do wonder if he'll ever get past the leverage issue. Anybody believe he's big enough for the leverage not to matter as much? I've seen linemen get under his pads before and while he bends he really didn't move backwards. I kinda wondered if that was indicative or not.

Did he play? Didn't notice. I thought he'd be good, given his size. I've since become less hopeful..
Still, this may be something coaching could fix.

8467thekraken
12-29-2014, 11:28 PM
Holding out hope for mccullers.

He's a behemoth and if he commits himself during the off season and doesn't let himself go, he could still become a serviceable, if not special, player.

If he can turn the corner, I can't imagine the havoc he could create. Particularly with Heyward and Tuitt.

It really is a dream 3-4 D-line.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-29-2014, 11:43 PM
You didn't notice his play because he didn't really do anything.

But 4 plays is not a lot of opportunity to show what he is capable of. I'm hoping that by the start of next season, he will be doing good things out there for the Steelers' D.

bostonsteeler
12-30-2014, 03:27 AM
You didn't notice his play because he didn't really do anything.

Sometimes that's a good thing. He didn't do anything stupid either.

Oviedo
12-30-2014, 09:08 AM
Apparently played 4 snaps last night at NT. Anyone notice his play?
Kinda hard with four plays. I really didn't notice McLendon, Shazier, Spence or J Jones either. Heyward, Timmons, Harrison and Tuitt were both very noticeable in the front 7.

SteelBuckeye
12-30-2014, 09:56 AM
Look at it this way. He played four snaps and that's four snaps that Thomas didn't play. I think over at the Depot they said McClendon only played twenty-something snaps. The Nickel/Dime is our new base.

Slapstick
12-30-2014, 10:00 AM
He's a sixth round pick. If he ends up playing at all, it's an accomplishment. 99% of sixth round picks are not Antonio Brown.

RuthlessBurgher
12-31-2014, 11:36 AM
Kinda hard with four plays. I really didn't notice McLendon, Shazier, Spence or J Jones either. Heyward, Timmons, Harrison and Tuitt were both very noticeable in the front 7.

How did you miss Spence's sack?