PDA

View Full Version : Ben..

bostonsteeler
12-29-2014, 03:06 AM
Joint first in total yards (1 shy of having it all by hisself)
3rd in rating
3rd in YPA
8th in TDs, 4th in TD/Int

how's that for a season!

Ernie
12-29-2014, 07:35 AM
pretty exciting... a solid OL that's giving him plenty of time to throw..and some stud weapons..

with the Defense emerging... the future is looking bright. First time I've been able to say that in awhile.

papillon
12-29-2014, 08:17 AM
Ben has been good to great for 11 years, this year he happened to put up the video game numbers all the other QBs have been putting up, it's interesting that it also coincides with the offensive line staying healthy and improving. It should give everyone an idea of just how dang good he's been under less than ideal circumstances from an offensive line perspective his entire career. Yea, he's had a great running game at times and typically a very stout defense, but he's been under duress in the pocket a lot during his career, IMO, pure pocket passers such as Brady and Manning would have put up less than spectacular numbers in the same situation. Of course, there's no way to prove that, it's just my opinion based on their preferred style of play, which is to drop back and deliver the ball from the pocket, a consistent pass rush causes them angst.

Congrats to Ben! The fans are going to miss him some day.

Pappy

Sugar
12-29-2014, 08:19 AM
Boy is set to get PAID!

Flasteel
12-29-2014, 10:12 AM
I'm waiting for Elias to review the game and make that 1-yard uptick in Ben's passing stats. The entire offense fell 5 yards short of being the #1 ranked unit in the league. 5 yards! I don't expect that will change.

feltdizz
12-29-2014, 10:34 AM
Ben has been good to great for 11 years, this year he happened to put up the video game numbers all the other QBs have been putting up, it's interesting that it also coincides with the offensive line staying healthy and improving. It should give everyone an idea of just how dang good he's been under less than ideal circumstances from an offensive line perspective his entire career. Yea, he's had a great running game at times and typically a very stout defense, but he's been under duress in the pocket a lot during his career, IMO, pure pocket passers such as Brady and Manning would have put up less than spectacular numbers in the same situation. Of course, there's no way to prove that, it's just my opinion based on their preferred style of play, which is to drop back and deliver the ball from the pocket, a consistent pass rush causes them angst.

Congrats to Ben! The fans are going to miss him some day.

Pappy

Ben's completion percentage goes up 75% after contact while every other QB's completion percentage DROPS by 50%. The NFL has never seen a QB like him...

papillon
12-29-2014, 10:41 AM
Ben's completion percentage goes up 75% after contact while every other QB's completion percentage DROPS by 50%. The NFL has never seen a QB like him...

And, probably won't for a long time, if ever, he's a throwback player getting to play under today's relaxed rules for secondary play. IMO, he would have been a HOFer in the 70s as well as today, and probably the only quarterback that could say that (conjecture of course). I just don't see Manning, Brady, or Brees being as successful back in the day when you could head hunt without worrying about your checkbook, receivers could get bumped until the ball was in the air, etc Rogers (and Favre as well) are quarterbacks that I would give a a lot respect to and would think that their game and attitude would translate well in the 70s. Ben is a no brainer to be successful in the 70s.

Pappy

bostonsteeler
12-29-2014, 10:50 AM
And, probably won't for a long time, if ever, he's a throwback player getting to play under today's relaxed rules for secondary play. IMO, he would have been a HOFer in the 70s as well as today, and probably the only quarterback that could say that (conjecture of course). I just don't see Manning, Brady, or Brees being as successful back in the day when you could head hunt without worrying about your checkbook, receivers could get bumped until the ball was in the air, etc Rogers (and Favre as well) are quarterbacks that I would give a a lot respect to and would think that their game and attitude would translate well in the 70s. Ben is a no brainer to be successful in the 70s.

Pappy

Very true. I dont think Brady or Manning last long in the 70s. Ben, and possibly Rodgers would shine in any age. I'm not a Favre fan -- his late career antics were annoying.

papillon
12-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Very true. I don't think Brady or Manning last long in the 70s. Ben, and possibly Rodgers would shine in any age. I'm not a Favre fan -- his late career antics were annoying.

Favre's late career stuff was annoying, but he was tough as nails and would have competed well in the 70s, regardless of his antics.

Pappy

feltdizz
12-29-2014, 10:56 AM
Not a fan of Favre but he is a throwback QB...

RuthlessBurgher
12-30-2014, 02:34 PM
Not a fan of Favre but he is a throwback QB...

Favre = Slingin' Sammy Baugh