PDA

View Full Version : 11-5 and north champions!!!!

Starlifter
12-29-2014, 01:31 AM
Ill be honest, didn't think it was possible prior to sept. After the bucs loss and leading the league in penalties I thought it would take a miracle to make the playoffs.

But you can't ignore 8 wins in 10 games and 4-0 in December. What a run!

Now we get the rats at home. Delicious.

I'm still not exactly sure how this happened - but go steelers!!

SteelBucks
12-29-2014, 01:39 AM
Crazy season, that's for sure. Congrats to the AFC North Champions! Now it's time for big boy, playoff football!!!

hawaiiansteel
12-29-2014, 02:14 AM
Alex Kozora @Alex_Kozora -

#Steelers offensive and defensive line posing in their AFC North Champions t-shirts in the locker room.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5_-hSDIcAASSeY.pnghttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5_-hRPIQAAs50E.png

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora

Slapstick
12-29-2014, 02:49 AM
I'm getting a t-shirt. This is a hard @$$ division to win. Again, three teams in the tournament!

hawaiiansteel
12-29-2014, 04:51 AM
I'm getting a t-shirt.

just ordered mine for $27.99, they're really cool looking.

we all needed some new AFC North Champs gear!

bostonsteeler
12-29-2014, 06:03 AM
I'll wait for my AFC champion and World Champion gear..

RobinCole
12-29-2014, 07:48 AM
Looking more like 2005 every day. Except that in 2005 we didn't lose our star RB in the final game of the regular season. Hoping for good news about Bell but not optimistic.

bostonsteeler
12-29-2014, 08:09 AM
Looking more like 2005 every day. Except that in 2005 we didn't lose our star RB in the final game of the regular season. Hoping for good news about Bell but not optimistic.

I'm of the unrealistic hope that Josh Harris turns out to be a hidden talent waiting to be discovered. He did have a good run nullified yesterday. You will all remember Willie Parker's magic run against the Bills that told us the kid could fly..

I would prefer it if we could take down the Ravens without using Bell, so that he's fully healed and ready for whoever we play next, the following week.

Sword
12-29-2014, 09:24 AM
Grats Steelers!!! way to make turn the season around!!!!

feltdizz
12-29-2014, 10:26 AM
I need that shirt.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-29-2014, 10:30 AM
I don't want that shirt.

I remember seeing a Steeler shirt the year we won the superbowl: "How's that AFC North Title feel NOW, Cincinnatti?!".

I'll wait for the SB victory shirt!

papillon
12-29-2014, 10:31 AM
I'm of the unrealistic hope that Josh Harris turns out to be a hidden talent waiting to be discovered. He did have a good run nullified yesterday. You will all remember Willie Parker's magic run against the Bills that told us the kid could fly..

I would prefer it if we could take down the Ravens without using Bell, so that he's fully healed and ready for whoever we play next, the following week.

Harris needs to replace Bell if Bell can't go IMO, Archer simply doesn't have enough lead in his pants to be a running back in this league. Harris on the other hand can pound it in there when there isn't any crease and fall forward for a yard or two, plus he has to be better at picking up the blitz, Archer completely fanned on Ben's INT, of course, Ben threw into double coverage and that INT is on him, but Archer would be a liability in the passing game if he played more than 10-15 snaps and he should only play in positive down and distance situations, not when a blitz is almost certain.

Pappy

feltdizz
12-29-2014, 10:44 AM
I don't want that shirt.

I remember seeing a Steeler shirt the year we won the superbowl: "How's that AFC North Title feel NOW, Cincinnatti?!".

I'll wait for the SB victory shirt!

Ehh... who cares. All types of shirts are made every year. I'll get this shirt AND a SB shirt.

bostonsteeler
12-29-2014, 10:46 AM
Harris needs to replace Bell if Bell can't go IMO, Archer simply doesn't have enough lead in his pants to be a running back in this league. Harris on the other hand can pound it in there when there isn't any crease and fall forward for a yard or two, plus he has to be better at picking up the blitz, Archer completely fanned on Ben's INT, of course, Ben threw into double coverage and that INT is on him, but Archer would be a liability in the passing game if he played more than 10-15 snaps and he should only play in positive down and distance situations, not when a blitz is almost certain.

Pappy

The int was a miscommunication. Not on anybody in particular. The game is too fast for the QB to recover from bad miscommunications on quick plays.

phillyesq
12-29-2014, 10:48 AM
I think this result is much better than any of us reasonably expected early in the season. If Bell is healthy this team could make a lot of noise.

I've never purchased a division champion shirt before - I save it for the SB - but this year, I may have to make an exception. That shirt is great.

feltdizz
12-29-2014, 10:50 AM

Pappy

Bell and Gay both said they would have Josh Harris out of the blocks if they had to put together a 4x100 relay team using Steeler players.

Gay said it was because he had the speed and power. I was suprised by Harris' size and how fast he hit the hole on his first touch.

papillon
12-29-2014, 10:51 AM
The int was a miscommunication. Not on anybody in particular. The game is too fast for the QB to recover from bad miscommunications on quick plays.

There was double coverage there, not a good throw IMO, the throw was hurried due to Archer missing the blitz pickup, but still an ill-advised throw, IMO. There seemed to be bracket coverage on the receiver with an under (the interceptor) and an over the top safety or nickle back.

Pappy

hawaiiansteel
12-29-2014, 03:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6ANVNjCYAAkZXP.jpg:large

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-29-2014, 03:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6ANVNjCYAAkZXP.jpg:large

Hawaiian ... is this a Zen post? Ah, I see ... you are telling us to rest, rest in the tension ... to find strength in the nothingness, to black out all the noise and focus on the only truth ... ALL THE WAY WITH THE BLACK AND GOLD IN 2014!!!

("Snatch the pebble!")

feltdizz
12-29-2014, 05:09 PM
Why is Ikes shirt off?

flippy
12-29-2014, 05:20 PM
Why is Ikes shirt off?

I think that's how they wear their shirts at Swaggin U...

fezziwig
12-30-2014, 09:53 AM
Good job to the Steelers and their success this season !

RuthlessBurgher
12-31-2014, 11:32 AM

That would be at Denver...to face Peyton Manning (who we all know is always money in the playoffs). ;)