PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Arians

steelnavy
12-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Have you noticed how many QBs BA has gone through in a season? Do you think Ben would be healthy right now if he were still the OC?

Flasteel
12-27-2014, 09:54 AM
Have you noticed how many QBs BA has gone through in a season? Do you think Ben would be healthy right now if he were still the OC?

This has been discussed in a couple of other threads, but it's the probably the only reason I considered him a terrible offensive coordinator. The 5 and 7 step-drop king.

feltdizz
12-27-2014, 10:09 AM
If Arians was still here we would have made the playoffs the last 2 years. We have no idea if Ben would be healthier, hurter or have another sexual assault accusation with 7th SB ring if BA was still the OC.

All I know is everywhere BA goes... he wins.

bostonsteeler
12-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Ben would probably been have clobbered a whole lot more.
We'd have missed the playoffs anyway, because our O wasn't the real reason we were losing. We had no D.

I liked BA, but wasn't fond of seeing Ben sacked 50+ times each year (not that improved a lot after he left, but that was less on the OC and more on the fact that we had no OL the past two years).

steelnavy
12-27-2014, 11:22 AM
If Arians was still here we would have made the playoffs the last 2 years. We have no idea if Ben would be healthier, hurter or have another sexual assault accusation with 7th SB ring if BA was still the OC.

Except for the past few weeks. And he probably is going to back his team into the playoffs this weekend and one and done... No thanks!

SteelBuckeye
12-27-2014, 12:19 PM
If I'm not mistaken, his team has already qualified for the playoffs ... no need to back in. It seems to me that BA is just a better HC than he was an OC. But, I agree ... no thanks.

NorthCoast
12-27-2014, 01:23 PM

I disagree. AZ is where they are because of their defense this season, not because of BA's offensive genius. BTW, last season, PIT and AZ ended with the exact same average pts/gm (23.7). Haley's play designs are at least equal to BAs at this point. TH has shown he knows how to use all the tools in the box as well as any OC out there.

Bigsteel
12-27-2014, 01:25 PM
BA was too impatient and tried to win the game on every play. We were winning games with 12-20 points only because of the Defense

If it weren't for DL, BA probably wouldn't have made it out of retirement

feltdizz
12-27-2014, 02:31 PM
Ben would probably been have clobbered a whole lot more.
We'd have missed the playoffs anyway, because our O wasn't the real reason we were losing. We had no D.

I liked BA, but wasn't fond of seeing Ben sacked 50+ times each year (not that improved a lot after he left, but that was less on the OC and more on the fact that we had no OL the past two years).

Did we ever have an OL with Arians? We won a SB with Sean Mahan at center.

feltdizz
12-27-2014, 02:45 PM
I disagree. AZ is where they are because of their defense this season, not because of BA's offensive genius. BTW, last season, PIT and AZ ended with the exact same average pts/gm (23.7). Haley's play designs are at least equal to BAs at this point. TH has shown he knows how to use all the tools in the box as well as any OC out there.

no one ever said BA was a genius... but the fact of the matter is wherever he goes he ends up in the playoffs damn near every year.

no doubt in my mind we win 1 or 2 more games the last 2 season's with BA.

RobinCole
12-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Palmer played in six games this year and was sacked nine times, or 1.5 times per game. He was not that mobile when he was young. At age 35 he was not mobile at all. I say "was" because his career may be over. Anyway, all things considered, that's not a lot of sacks. It is true that AZ has not done well on offense this year but they didn't have much to work with.

NorthCoast
12-27-2014, 04:20 PM
Remember that Palmer was injured on a non-contact play. But who can say how much unseen damage does happen when a sack occurs.

Shawn
12-27-2014, 04:24 PM
This has been discussed in a couple of other threads, but it's the probably the only reason I considered him a terrible offensive coordinator. The 5 and 7 step-drop king.

BA was an average OC at best. Haley has produced a record setting offense. This O moves the ball better than any Steeler team I have seen. It's not even debatable who the best OC in the Burgh has been.

hawaiiansteel
12-27-2014, 05:36 PM

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d1/d1d296977e2d994180e6e3a0ccecd15bc9f33450f4c3cc7a31 28656e7127cf31.jpg

hawaiiansteel
12-27-2014, 06:15 PM
http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Best-of-the-Burgh-Blogs/Pulling-No-Punches/September-2010/The-Ultimate-Hater-039s-Guide-to-the-Tampa-Bay-Bucs/Tomlin-1.jpg

hawaiiansteel
12-27-2014, 06:24 PM
Since 2007 Ben has had three seasons of 19, 17, and 16, passes attempted on 3rd and 1 or 2.

Two of those seasons, are with Todd Haley as OC.

I would change the that pic to reflect a more accurate statement.

Happy New Year Crash! :Cheers

Shawn
12-27-2014, 06:27 PM
You're right it's not.

1. Whiz

2 Arians

3. Haley

Nonsense. Crash is this you?

steelnavy
12-27-2014, 06:46 PM
Same to you friend.

Since we want to compare OC's, here's one:

1st quarter TD passes for Ben, three years each OC:

Whiz: 20 in 40 starts.

Arians: 16 in 46 starts.

Haley: 11 in 45 starts.

Haley has the least amount of first quarter production out of Ben, not surprisingly, he also has the least amount of regular season wins, and only one playoff berth with Ben.

By all means, if you want to compare OC's, compare the context of the numbers as well.

Regular season wins are a reflection of the entire team. Try adding the D rankings over those years for "context"...

feltdizz
12-27-2014, 07:32 PM
Not trying to knock Haley because this offense is the best I have seen in years. However, we also have the best RB and best WR we have ever seen and the game is set up for big numbers on O due to the rule changes.

my only issue is the misremembering when it comes to Arians.

SteelCrazy
12-27-2014, 08:14 PM
I remember being ticked off at Arians most of the time. I remember 3 straight running plays inside the 5. I remember 6 straight running plays inside the 5 after a penalty gave us a fresh set. I remember Ben getting sacked a lot. I remember a lot of posters hating Arians with a passion. I remember a Defense carrying an Offense and certain posters claiming Ben was the reason we won. The facts are Ben is having his best stats of his career and Arians is in Arizona getting his QB's killed.

hawaiiansteel
12-27-2014, 08:28 PM
I would have to go:

1. Haley

2. Whiz

3. Arians

SteelCrazy
12-27-2014, 08:34 PM
I would have to go:

1. Haley

2. Whiz

3. Arians

I would have to agree

feltdizz
12-27-2014, 08:45 PM
I remember being ticked off at Arians most of the time. I remember 3 straight running plays inside the 5. I remember 6 straight running plays inside the 5 after a penalty gave us a fresh set. I remember Ben getting sacked a lot. I remember a lot of posters hating Arians with a passion. I remember a Defense carrying an Offense and certain posters claiming Ben was the reason we won. The facts are Ben is having his best stats of his career and Arians is in Arizona getting his QB's killed.

Do you remember all the long pass plays to Wallace? All the scripted plays to start a game that resulted in TD's? Making the most out of a horrible OL?

It's easy to remember all the bad if that's all you want to remember... it's also the easiest way to look like a fool when a person like Crash throws out hard numbers that blow holes in an argument.

Arians is 11-4 and last year he was coach of the year... pretty sure a lot of teams would love to have their QB's killed into an 11-4 record.

SteelCrazy
12-27-2014, 09:08 PM
Do you remember all the long pass plays to Wallace? All the scripted plays to start a game that resulted in TD's? Making the most out of a horrible OL?

It's easy to remember all the bad if that's all you want to remember... it's also the easiest way to look like a fool when a person like Crash throws out hard numbers that blow holes in an argument.

Arians is 11-4 and last year he was coach of the year... pretty sure a lot of teams would love to have their QB's killed into an 11-4 record.

Lord knows TD's scored in the 1st Quarter is how you win games.

fezziwig
12-27-2014, 09:43 PM
I thought the same about Arians and quarterback injuries. Before Haley, Ben held onto the ball until the last second, no run game, sacks after sacks. Haley contributes to Ben remaining healthy and our offense doing so well. Under Haley, Ben can throw the dump off passes, Heath seems to be more involved with things that allows Ben to remain more protective. Arians is a quarterback killer.

feltdizz
12-27-2014, 09:44 PM
Lord knows TD's scored in the 1st Quarter is how you win games.

oh, so now it's about winning games? who has won more games the last 3 years, Haley or Arians?

you can knock Arians but the numbers don't lie. He is a damn good coach.

feltdizz
12-27-2014, 09:49 PM
I thought the same about Arians and quarterback injuries. Before Haley, Ben held onto the ball until the last second, no run game, sacks after sacks. Haley contributes to Ben remaining healthy and our offense doing so well. Under Haley, Ben can throw the dump off passes, Heath seems to be more involved with things that allows Ben to remain more protective. Arians is a quarterback killer.

True... and when you have Bell it's EASY to have a running game and dump off the ball. What did Haley do with Redman and Dwyer?

I love what Haley is doing but it's idiotic to act like BA had Bell and didn't know how to use him. Haley also has Munchak who has improved our OL. He is making the most of what he has so he gets kudos but let's not act like Haley came in on day 1 and turned water to wine.

fezziwig
12-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Arians had better defenses to help the team along. Hines Ward, Wallace and other good receivers. Even if we had Bell, Arians would not have used him.

hawaiiansteel
12-27-2014, 10:18 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/9c/9c582ec55e72cc95c2fb8f06490679f9c14383ec4ace712369 12e53621460f79.jpg

feltdizz
12-27-2014, 10:35 PM
Arians had better defenses to help the team along. Hines Ward, Wallace and other good receivers. Even if we had Bell, Arians would not have used him.

yeah.. that doesn't make any sense... lol

SteelCrazy
12-27-2014, 10:40 PM
Arians sucked and aside from this one year, Haley sucked too. The advantage Arians had was a #1 D or at least a top 5. feltdizz has a good point with Bell and the improved O-Line. Mendy however was a good RB in 09 and 10, but my real problem is we finally get an Offense that can put points on the board and our D is ranked 19th! All those years we had a D that could change games and an Offense that couldn't get out of its own way.

fezziwig
12-27-2014, 10:42 PM
Haley is having this team do well even without the benifit of the good defenses Lebeau had in Arians day.

fezziwig
12-27-2014, 10:48 PM
Arians sucked and aside from this one year, Haley sucked too. The advantage Arians had was a #1 D or at least a top 5. feltdizz has a good point with Bell and the improved O-Line. Mendy however was a good RB in 09 and 10, but my real problem is we finally get an Offense that can put points on the board and our D is ranked 19th! All those years we had a D that could change games and an Offense that couldn't get out of its own way.

I think it was Mendenhall that complained or Parker complained, they only had 3 or 4 running plays and Arians put no emphasis on the run game. Rooneys knew Arian was the problem. Glad he's doing good in Arizona and until he gets robo cop as a quarterback, he might as well get used to banged up quarterbacks. What, our old offensive line coaches weren't capable enough with Colon, the best right tackle in the NFL so said Arian.

feltdizz
12-27-2014, 10:54 PM

how many times does a team have a top 5 offense AND defense? It doesn't work that way. I expect this offense to "carry" this D just like the D "carried" the offense under BA.

Our O under BA put up 23+ points in all of our playoff runs...

This D is starting to gel and I expect them to show up if we are going to make a playoff run.

feltdizz
12-27-2014, 11:01 PM
Haley is having this team do well even without the benifit of the good defenses Lebeau had in Arians day.

you mean he FINALLY has this team doing well... I think we could dig up a few post where we all whined about how bad this O looked during our last 2 seasons.

in every one of our horrible losses this year the O didn't save us. We look much better on offense this year when our D gets pressure and forces TO's.

winwithd
12-27-2014, 11:57 PM
how many times does a team have a top 5 offense AND defense? It doesn't work that way.

This D is starting to gel and I expect them to show up if we are going to make a playoff run.

Next year when we get a couple top corners in the draft, Shamarko and Shazier adding some speed, and Big Dan cloggin' up the middle, this will be a top 5 D to go along with our #1 O and it will be back2back titles, #7 and #8. It all adds up.:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1

papillon
12-28-2014, 10:35 AM
Except for the past few weeks. And he probably is going to back his team into the playoffs this weekend and one and done... No thanks!

That may be true, however here's the question:

Where would the Steelers be with Landry Jones playing quarterback? Patriots with a QB not even on their PS? Broncos with Zac Dysert? Bengals with a QB not even listed on their PS? Colts with a QB not on their PS? You get the idea, now, the reason the Cards are in the position they are in could be because of Arians, but regardless they are now trying to win games with a 3rd strng/PS quarterback. Arians is doing a great job in the Desert and did a great job as a stand in for Pagano while he recovered from cancer.

Pappy

fezziwig
12-28-2014, 10:37 AM
Next year when we get a couple top corners in the draft, Shamarko and Shazier adding some speed, and Big Dan cloggin' up the middle, this will be a top 5 D to go along with our #1 O and it will be back2back titles, #7 and #8. It all adds up.:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1

I agree, this team is at least one or two good corners away from making a name for itself. I realize Gay is doing a pretty good job but, I hope the coaches are not satisfied with this. No disrespect to Gay but, allow Gay to do what he is best at and bring in two corners that can play man to man, ball hawk and the rest of the D will shine even brighter. Lot easier said than done but, why not wish for the best. I hope they are through with the Cortez Allen idea of him being a starter. I also hope they don't allow his big contract to force him into playing as starter. I wonder if he make it as a safety ? Maybe they can train him by having him run up and down the field with his arms up in the air ? Like they make fumblers carry footballs ha ha ha.

Flasteel
12-28-2014, 11:02 AM

Making the most out of a horrible offensive line? This is where he fell on his face.

The line was indeed horrible for most of BA's time as the OC. But he continued to call long-developing plays with 5 and 7 step drops and exposing Ben to a never-ending onslaught of pass rushers. No screen game, draws, roll-outs, no-huddle, 3-step drops or anything to compensate for the poor line play. At one point BA even stated that there were no 3-step drops in his offense and wasn't going to change that. He eventually did, but that stance and comment is indicative of his mindset and why he needed to go.

fezziwig
12-28-2014, 11:12 AM
Making the most out of a horrible offensive line? This is where he fell on his face.

The line was indeed horrible for most of BA's time as the OC. But he continued to call long-developing plays with 5 and 7 step drops and exposing Ben to a never-ending onslaught of pass rushers. No screen game, draws, roll-outs, no-huddle, 3-step drops or anything to compensate for the poor line play. At one point BA even stated that there were no 3-step drops in his offense and wasn't going to change that. He eventually did, but that stance and comment is indicative of his mindset and why he needed to go.

Yes, Arians was going to pound a square peg into a round hole and that was it. Haley might not be God's gift to our team but, he sure is a lot better at playing to his teams strengths and helping with their weaknesses.

Mr.wizard
12-28-2014, 11:34 AM

He has gone through 2 QB's but one was Palmer, who is always hurt and Stanton who is a young QB that holds the ball. Also I think its worth noting that palmer was looking great until he got hurt.

NorthCoast
12-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Roethlisberger is about to complete back to back 30+ passing TD seasons. The last time he did that was umm.... never.

Posted elsewhere, the scoring this season has been overwhelmingly 2nd and 3rd quarters. The frustration with BA was inability to make in-game adjustments. His best run design was RUTFM. Note that AZ's run game is virtually non-existent just like he failed to develop it in the 'burgh.

fezziwig
12-28-2014, 12:10 PM
You could have Walter Peyton on his team and Arians would not see the value of running the ball in need be situations. I wonder if the Arizona quarterbacks are snapping the ball each play on the last second of the clock ?

feltdizz
12-28-2014, 12:53 PM

we moved the pocket around while BA was here and we tried to run screens but any screen attempt was a wasted play because our OL sucked.

Anyway you flip it we went to 2 SB's with BA and while it was ugly at times our O was feared because the RUTM set up the most deadly PA in the game.

feltdizz
12-28-2014, 12:57 PM
That may be true, however here's the question:

Where would the Steelers be with Landry Jones playing quarterback? Patriots with a QB not even on their PS? Broncos with Zac Dysert? Bengals with a QB not even listed on their PS? Colts with a QB not on their PS? You get the idea, now, the reason the Cards are in the position they are in could be because of Arians, but regardless they are now trying to win games with a 3rd strng/PS quarterback. Arians is doing a great job in the Desert and did a great job as a stand in for Pagano while he recovered from cancer.

Pappy

I love it when people use logic.

Excellent post and I think a lot of people are angry because BA didn't fail like they predicted.

NorthCoast
12-28-2014, 01:22 PM
I love it when people use logic.

Excellent post and I think a lot of people are angry because BA didn't fail like they predicted.

Not angry he didn't fail. Angry he could not do more with the talent he had while with the Steelers. And I am not convinced he would have 2 SB rings if he didn't have the DL defense to back him up. Both seasons the Steelers had the #1 scoring defense in the NFL. When he wins his first SB as a HC then we can agree he is a great coach.

Mr.wizard
12-28-2014, 01:38 PM
Not angry he didn't fail. Angry he could not do more with the talent he had while with the Steelers. And I am not convinced he would have 2 SB rings if he didn't have the DL defense to back him up. Both seasons the Steelers had the #1 scoring defense in the NFL. When he wins his first SB as a HC then we can agree he is a great coach.

Really no running game and a terrible o-line and your mad he couldn't do more? What does the number one scoring defense have to do with the talent on offense? The guy is a great coach and a proven winner every where he has gone so your acknowledgement of it is meaningless. He won two rings as a coordinator and now you say he has to win one as a head coach, and when he wins one as a coach you will say well he wouldn't of won it without this guy or that guy, or he has to win 2 as a head coach.

feltdizz
12-28-2014, 02:12 PM
Really no running game and a terrible o-line and your mad he couldn't do more? What does the number one scoring defense have to do with the talent on offense? The guy is a great coach and a proven winner every where he has gone so your acknowledgement of it is meaningless. He won two rings as a coordinator and now you say he has to win one as a head coach, and when he wins one as a coach you will say well he wouldn't of won it without this guy or that guy, or he has to win 2 as a head coach.

exactly... some people are only concerned with offensive and defensive rankings.

RobinCole
12-28-2014, 02:25 PM
The firing or "retirement" of Arians seems to have worked out well for all concerned. BA was COY in 2012, was 10-6 in 2013 and is in the playoffs this year with a team that doesn't have much talent. And their biggest star, Fitzgerald, has been injured and in decline this year.

Meanwhile, after two years of bashing Haley, we love Haley and we're in the playoffs.

AZ is happy. The Steelers are happy. Everybody's happy. Why do we go on and on about a guy who was fired/retired three years ago? Do fans in other cities do this?

Flasteel
12-28-2014, 02:27 PM
we moved the pocket around while BA was here and we tried to run screens but any screen attempt was a wasted play because our OL sucked.

Anyway you flip it we went to 2 SB's with BA and while it was ugly at times our O was feared because the RUTM set up the most deadly PA in the game.

We rarely, if ever rolled Ben out. I know this because I complained about it incessantly for years. We never used the screen game with any regularity either. You're right that when we did, it was ugly, but that is a product of making it an afterthought in your preparation, rather than a staple.

There are just certain common-sense things that you do when you can't protect the QB. BA didn't come close to using all of the tools in his toolbox in that regard.

As far as "the most deadly PA ib the game", that statement could never be legitimately claimed until now.

SS Laser
12-28-2014, 02:34 PM
Really no running game and a terrible o-line and your mad he couldn't do more? What does the number one scoring defense have to do with the talent on offense? The guy is a great coach and a proven winner every where he has gone so your acknowledgement of it is meaningless. He won two rings as a coordinator and now you say he has to win one as a head coach, and when he wins one as a coach you will say well he wouldn't of won it without this guy or that guy, or he has to win 2 as a head coach. Ok wait a minute. He was a winner in cleveland? :) Anyway would he even be a HC if not for his chance as a interim HC? I say no. There were 2 SB wins as WRC then OC and no chances for a HC'ing job. I ask why? There was a 3rd SB but a loss. Any chance at HC'ing job after that season? Not sure if it was just his time at the Browns that was a black eye or what. But most SB winning OC's are the guys up for a HC'ing jobs open the next year. At least a few interviews. He is doing a great job with Pittsburgh west. It is a failure of that FO/HC to not get a better QB after #1 & 2 went down but that is OT. But lets just say his time in the burg had worn out. It was time for a different OC. It looks to be working very well now for the Steelers.

RobinCole
12-28-2014, 02:44 PM
IIRC, the consensus was that if he lost his job as OC here, he would never get another job as an OC in the NFL. Never mind HC. Well, he got another OC job within two weeks. I thought that was kind of amusing. And it made Artie2 look like a clown. Not one of our high points.

So now you're arguing that he would have never been a HC if Pagano hadn't become ill. Well, he is a HC now based on what he did as interim HC.

feltdizz
12-28-2014, 03:00 PM
Ok wait a minute. He was a winner in cleveland? :) Anyway would he even be a HC if not for his chance as a interim HC? I say no. There were 2 SB wins as WRC then OC and no chances for a HC'ing job. I ask why? There was a 3rd SB but a loss. Any chance at HC'ing job after that season? Not sure if it was just his time at the Browns that was a black eye or what. But most SB winning OC's are the guys up for a HC'ing jobs open the next year. At least a few interviews. He is doing a great job with Pittsburgh west. It is a failure of that FO/HC to not get a better QB after #1 & 2 went down but that is OT. But lets just say his time in the burg had worn out. It was time for a different OC. It looks to be working very well now for the Steelers.

Arians was the OC when the Browns last made the playoffs. This is impressive...lol.

Whether you like it or not it all worked out for him in spite of all his SB appearances.

SS Laser
12-28-2014, 03:04 PM
IIRC, the consensus was that if he lost his job as OC here, he would never get another job as an OC in the NFL. Never mind HC. Well, he got another OC job within two weeks. I thought that was kind of amusing. And it made Artie2 look like a clown. Not one of our high points.

So now you're arguing that he would have never been a HC if Pagano hadn't become ill. Well, he is a HC now based on what he did as interim HC. Only FANS who did not like BA ever said he would not get a job. Those fans my look like clowns. The FO did bungle the whole retirement BS. Not sure what happened there but when did the FO say BA would not get another job? Yea we get some here do not like Art II but times changes boys. ALSO IT WAS TIME TO MOVE ON FROM BA. The O had become static and predictable. I will say I think he would look almost just as good as Haley with O player the Steelers have now. Also it is interesting that AZ had Whis and BA as a HC. Also have a very strong Defense. Sound familiar maybe? And yes I am not seeing him getting a HC'ing job without the great job he did as interim. That's just me. :)

feltdizz
12-28-2014, 04:07 PM
I had no problem with moving on from an OC after 4 or 5 years but it was how we did it that made us look foolish. I bet Ben would have bought in earlier if we didn't fumble that retirement mess.

As far as getting a HC job due to being a successful HC. LOL... ok, who predicted any success for BA once he left? not many...

RobinCole
12-28-2014, 05:13 PM
"not many"? I can't remember ONE, let alone many.

Mr.wizard
12-28-2014, 05:29 PM
Ok wait a minute. He was a winner in cleveland? :) Anyway would he even be a HC if not for his chance as a interim HC? I say no. There were 2 SB wins as WRC then OC and no chances for a HC'ing job. I ask why? There was a 3rd SB but a loss. Any chance at HC'ing job after that season? Not sure if it was just his time at the Browns that was a black eye or what. But most SB winning OC's are the guys up for a HC'ing jobs open the next year. At least a few interviews. He is doing a great job with Pittsburgh west. It is a failure of that FO/HC to not get a better QB after #1 & 2 went down but that is OT. But lets just say his time in the burg had worn out. It was time for a different OC. It looks to be working very well now for the Steelers.

He made the playoffs with the browns, and I never said I had a problem with a coordinator change in Pittsburgh. When and how he got his coaching jobs has no bearing on the job he has done with those opportunities, he has had success everywhere. The guy can flat out coach he doesn't have to win a superbowl in a specific coaching job or with a specific group of players to prove that.

feltdizz
12-28-2014, 06:04 PM
"not many"? I can't remember ONE, let alone many.
Crash and I... and I think Pap.

Ghost
12-28-2014, 06:15 PM
Who gives a sh!t about Arians. Not a coach here, hasn't been for years, nothing to do with trying to win the division tonight nor the first round of the playoffs and he's never coming back to assist the black and gold. Don't wish him ill, don't wish him well. He's completely immaterial to anything Steelers related.

SS Laser
12-29-2014, 01:30 AM
Who gives a sh!t about Arians. Not a coach here, hasn't been for years, nothing to do with trying to win the division tonight nor the first round of the playoffs and he's never coming back to assist the black and gold. Don't wish him ill, don't wish him well. He's completely immaterial to anything Steelers related. Well he does poach PS players from the Steelers! :) Also to some of the other posts. I had no problem with BA most of the time. We won SB's and went again with him. But there is something going on that he never had a chance to be HC coach before the interim. And he showed he had the chops. Good coach sure I think. But for a Steelers fan to say he does not need to WIN a SB to be good is funny to me. MT takes a ton of crap from Steeler fans and he has a ring. :)

RobinCole
12-29-2014, 01:56 AM
Ghost: As I said on page 5, why do we go on and on about a guy who left/was fired/retired three years ago? Beats me.