PDA

View Full Version : playoffs!!!!!

feltdizz
12-21-2014, 05:08 PM
fire Tomlin!!!

Slapstick
12-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Looks like the Chargers still have a shot if Houston can hold on...

buccoray61
12-21-2014, 05:15 PM
Back where they belong

8467thekraken
12-21-2014, 05:15 PM
Stoked!!!!

Oviedo
12-21-2014, 05:19 PM
Good overall game today and back to where we should be every year. Hopefully Houston can bury the Ravens and the Broncos bury the Bumgals tomorrow. We finish business next Sunday.

Steelerphile
12-21-2014, 05:40 PM
I am excited. Just as I thought, under Tomlin the team has improved over the course of the season. Right now, they are looking good on defense and "obviously" on offense. I think they will be a tough out in the playoffs.

Rara
12-21-2014, 05:59 PM
Woot! We still have another game and mission...beat Cincinatti and clinch the division. LETS DO THIS!

Slapstick
12-21-2014, 06:01 PM
It looks like the #3 seed could be available if we win...

Down 7-0, Indy attempted a fake punt from their own 16. It failed. 14-0 next play.

AzStillers1989
12-21-2014, 06:43 PM
It looks like the #3 seed could be available if we win...

Down 7-0, Indy attempted a fake punt from their own 16. It failed. 14-0 next play.
28-0 now. Indy looking to get ATLEAST 3 here going into half time but if we can win next week the #3 seed looks to be ours. Which would put a possibility of playing cinci on back to back weeks I think.

Flasteel
12-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Win next week and we are the division champs, have at least 1 home playoff game, and will likely be the 3 seed. To make it even better, the Rats get embarassed with their season on the line. Beautiful day in the NFL. Beautiful!!!

Slapstick
12-21-2014, 07:08 PM
28-0 now. Indy looking to get ATLEAST 3 here going into half time but if we can win next week the #3 seed looks to be ours. Which would put a possibility of playing cinci on back to back weeks I think.

If Cincy loses against Denver and against us, they will need a lot of help to get in...

7 UP
12-21-2014, 07:30 PM
fire Tomlin!!!

Really dude?????? The Steelers are going to the playoffs for the first time in 3 years, and the first thing you can think of to do is start up another Mike Tomlin argument. Nice!!!!!!!

Flasteel
12-21-2014, 07:39 PM
Really dude?????? The Steelers are going to the playoffs for the first time in 3 years, and the first thing you can think of to do is start up another Mike Tomlin argument. Nice!!!!!!!

Dude...it was obvious sarcasm. The kind that you don't miss unless you are slobbering drunk. Now, if your post was also intended to be sarcastic, then I guess it was just a lot more subtle. :tt2

Iron City Inc.
12-21-2014, 07:47 PM
Congrats to Tomlin n staff the organization and all our Steelers. Nice to get back to the dance again.

AzStillers1989
12-21-2014, 08:02 PM
Dude...it was obvious sarcasm. The kind that you don't miss unless you are slobbering drunk. Now, if your post was also intended to be sarcastic, then I guess it was just a lot more subtle. :tt2
Haha I hope he was being sarcastic as well.

feltdizz
12-21-2014, 08:12 PM

lol... even Stevie Wonder could see it was sarcasm.

Slapstick
12-22-2014, 02:11 AM
I think I have this correct:

In: Pats*, Broncos, Colts, Steelers - regardless of tomorrow night's outcome, Pittsburgh wins the division and claims the #3 seed with a win...

In the hunt: Cincinnati - in with a win over Denver OR a win over the Steelers; can also get in with a loss by Baltimore OR San Diego
Baltimore - in with a win over Cleveland AND two Cincinnati losses OR a San Diego loss
San Diego - in with a win over KC; in with a tie if Cincinnati loses twice OR Baltimore loses
Houston - in with a win AND Baltimore loss AND San Diego loss
Kansas City - in with a win AND Baltimore loss AND San Diego loss AND Houston loss

Oviedo
12-22-2014, 09:06 AM

In: Pats*, Broncos, Colts, Steelers - regardless of tomorrow night's outcome, Pittsburgh wins the division and claims the #3 seed with a win...

In the hunt: Cincinnati - in with a win over Denver OR a win over the Steelers; can also get in with a loss by Baltimore OR San Diego
Baltimore - in with a win over Cleveland AND two Cincinnati losses OR a San Diego loss
San Diego - in with a win over KC; in with a tie if Cincinnati loses twice OR Baltimore loses
Kansas City - in with a win AND Baltimore loss AND San Diego loss AND Houston loss

I heard this morning that the AFC North can still all get in with both wildcards except for Cleveland. Not sure how that works though.

NorthCoast
12-22-2014, 09:21 AM
Those that were predicting the demise of the Pittsburgh Steelers earlier in the season can now sit down. I am not sure which I am more impressed with, the coaching by LeBeau in overcoming a lot of lost veteran talent and having to field young guys, or Haley's building of an offensive powerhouse. Might he again be a HC candidate?

feltdizz
12-22-2014, 09:38 AM
Those that were predicting the demise of the Pittsburgh Steelers earlier in the season can now sit down. I am not sure which I am more impressed with, the coaching by LeBeau in overcoming a lot of lost veteran talent and having to field young guys, or Haley's building of an offensive powerhouse. Might he again be a HC candidate?

I hope not...

NorthCoast
12-22-2014, 09:49 AM
I hope not...

It would be a tough loss I think, but last report is there may be as many as 8 coaching changes next season.

7 UP
12-22-2014, 09:53 AM
lol... even Stevie Wonder could see it was sarcasm.

Understood the sarcasm. I dont understand the need for it, except to antagonize the "haters" after a big win.

JAR
12-22-2014, 10:06 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Haley gets a lot of looks for HC positions after the season.

phillyesq
12-22-2014, 10:11 AM

I'm so glad that these scenarios only impact seeding for the Steelers.

Slapstick
12-22-2014, 10:18 AM
I heard this morning that the AFC North can still all get in with both wildcards except for Cleveland. Not sure how that works though.

1) Cincinnati wins one of the next two
2) Baltimore wins against Cleveland
3) San Diego loses

This disqualifies San Diego, Houston and KC

Slapstick
12-22-2014, 10:19 AM
Understood the sarcasm. I dont understand the need for it, except to antagonize the "haters" after a big win.

The "haters" don't hesitate to antagonize the rest of us after a loss...let 'em have a taste of their own junk...

feltdizz
12-22-2014, 10:26 AM

Anyone who feels antagonized by my sarcasm.....

DESERVES it.

feltdizz
12-22-2014, 10:30 AM
The "haters" don't hesitate to antagonize the rest of us after a loss...let 'em have a taste of their own junk...

Manziel celebration to this post

$$$$$$

Sword
12-22-2014, 10:55 AM
Cinn win tonight who the Steelers will play

next week..we win scenero......

we play:
kc win, houston win, cleveland win we play ***Houston*** in Pittsburgh
kc win, jags win, cleveland win we play ***kc*** in Pittsburgh
Charges win, houston win, cleveland win we play ***Cincinnati*** in Pittsburgh
Charges win, houston win, Ravens win we play ***Ravens*** in Pittsburgh
Charges win, Jags win we play ***charges*** in Pittsburgh

Den win tonight
next week..we win scenero......
we play:
kc win, houston win, cleveland win we play ***Houston*** in Pittsburgh
kc win, jags win, cleveland win we play ***kc*** in Pittsburgh
Charges win, houston win, cleveland win we play ***Cincinnati*** in Pittsburgh
Charges win, houston win, Ravens win we play ***Ravens*** in Pittsburgh
Charges win, houston win, jags win we play ***Ravens*** in Pittsburgh

feltdizz
12-22-2014, 11:05 AM
I would like to play Houston or Cincinnati.

Oviedo
12-22-2014, 12:12 PM
3) San Diego loses

OK thanks. I still like any outcome that has either Baltimore or the Bumgals sitting at home.

Oviedo
12-22-2014, 12:14 PM
3) San Diego loses

OK thanks. I still prefer any outcome that has the Ratbirds or Bumgals sitting at home.

Flasteel
12-26-2014, 11:38 AM
I just wanted to update this thread, mostly because I was tired of seeing the last post stuck on Tuesday morning.

That said...what's the more desirable matchup?

At home vs. SD or Baltimore, or hitting the road as the 5 seed to play Indy? Obviously, the division championship home game, and going into the playoffs hot, is the preferred route. But in terms of matchups, who would you rather play?

Sword
12-26-2014, 11:40 AM
I would like to play Houston or Cincinnati.

Houston worries me....I would rather play Chargers.

AzStillers1989
12-26-2014, 11:43 AM
I would rather play whoever is next. That answer may be lame but whoever we have to play and wherever it is doesn't matter. This team will have to find a way to play their best 60 minutes to move forward in the tournament.

Slapstick
12-26-2014, 01:54 PM
If I HAD to choose? San Diego...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-27-2014, 12:37 AM
I would rather play whoever is next. That answer may be lame but whoever we have to play and wherever it is doesn't matter. This team will have to find a way to play their best 60 minutes to move forward in the tournament.

Lame or not, I'm right there with you, AZ. Line'em up, well face whoever, and Art willing and the Creeks don't rise we'll fight hard enough to move on. This past week showed me we haven't stopped getting better. JUST 4 MORE WINS!!

bostonsteeler
12-27-2014, 02:34 AM
JUST 4 MORE WINS!!

Are you predicting Denver loses tomorrow?

Otherwise, we need 5.

Moonie
12-27-2014, 04:01 AM
We will crush the Bengals at home.

For all our talk- I predicted 8-8, but who wasn't the miserable way they were playing? - this team has done well. That is a Super Bowl Offense, and the defense has shown obvious signs of improvement. If we get the right guys in there at the right time, and Deebo stays healthy, we can go long and compete against anyone except the Patriots, Packers, and Seahawks.

Flasteel
12-27-2014, 09:51 AM
We will crush the Bengals at home.

For all our talk- I predicted 8-8, but who wasn't the miserable way they were playing? - this team has done well. That is a Super Bowl Offense, and the defense has shown obvious signs of improvement. If we get the right guys in there at the right time, and Deebo stays healthy, we can go long and compete against anyone except the Patriots, Packers, and Seahawks.

If our offense is able to get it going and our defense isn't bleeding big plays, we can not only compete with those three teams, we can beat them.

Discipline of Steel
12-27-2014, 10:10 AM
Are you predicting Denver loses tomorrow?

Otherwise, we need 5.

We dont really need to beat Cinci, although i think we will. BB > Dalton esp under the lights

hawaiiansteel
12-28-2014, 01:01 AM
Mark Kaboly @MarkKaboly_Trib -

Steelers need to beat Bengals because home game a must. Don't like Steelers chances in Indy. They will beat Balt/SD/KC/Hou at home.

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib

Discipline of Steel
12-28-2014, 07:22 AM
My point is a victory against Cinci is not required for our SB run...

Mr.wizard
12-28-2014, 09:49 AM

Nope not at all, the only requirement for getting to the super bowl once your in the playoffs, is beating the next team you play.

fordfixer
12-28-2014, 10:19 AM
This is true. However I wouldn't want to end the regular season with a loss.

papillon
12-28-2014, 10:19 AM
I just wanted to update this thread, mostly because I was tired of seeing the last post stuck on Tuesday morning.

That said...what's the more desirable matchup?

At home vs. SD or Baltimore, or hitting the road as the 5 seed to play Indy? Obviously, the division championship home game, and going into the playoffs hot, is the preferred route. But in terms of matchups, who would you rather play?

The opponent doesn't really matter to me, I would rather the Steelers get a home game and going into the playoffs on a winning note, so with that said, I want them to win tonight and play whoever comes to town.

Pappy

fordfixer
12-28-2014, 10:26 AM
The opponent doesn't really matter to me, I would rather the Steelers get a home game and going into the playoffs on a winning note, so with that said, I want them to win tonight and play whoever comes to town.

Pappy
That is exactly what I said Pappy, only you were a bit windy'er about it ;)

Mr.wizard
12-28-2014, 10:58 AM
I would like to win the division, and finish 11-5, that would be nice. Man if we had beaten Tampa, Cleveland, and the jets we might be talking best team in football, what a season!

bostonsteeler
12-28-2014, 11:44 AM
I would like to win the division, and finish 11-5, that would be nice. Man if we had beaten Tampa, Cleveland, and the jets we might be talking best team in football, what a season!

Exactly 20 years ago we began 3-3, went on to 11-5, and went to the SB.

I believe in patterns. I think we must go 11-5! :-)

papillon
12-28-2014, 12:00 PM
That is exactly what I said Pappy, only you were a bit windy'er about it ;)

I like to make sure that I'm not misquoted :p sorry for not mentioning that I agree with you. :D

Pappy

Slapstick
12-28-2014, 06:29 PM
Exactly 20 years ago we began 3-3, went on to 11-5, and went to the SB.

I believe in patterns. I think we must go 11-5! :-)

After the 1994 season, we lost to San Diego in the AFCC...

Curse you, Tim McKyer!!!

Wolfhound45
12-28-2014, 07:12 PM

Curse you, Tim McKyer!!!And Alfred Pupunu. Grrrrr.

Shoe
12-28-2014, 07:34 PM
And Alfred Pupunu. Grrrrr.

What did Pupunu do? Tim McKyer is the biggest, one-game goat in Steelers history. He is our Jackie Smith, our Earnest Byner. (I'm sure I'm missing someone pretty obvious, though.)

Wolfhound45
12-28-2014, 09:03 PM
What did Pupunu do? Tim McKyer is the biggest, one-game goat in Steelers history. He is our Jackie Smith, our Earnest Byner. (I'm sure I'm missing someone pretty obvious, though.)The winning TD was scored against McKyer. But it was the same play used by Alfred Pupunu earlier in the game to make the score 13-10 Steelers. Total scrub (a blocking tightend) that scored on a 43 yard TD pass as well. Still angry over that one.

bostonsteeler
12-28-2014, 09:33 PM

Curse you, Tim McKyer!!!

Ah! Mr. third person. I'd forgotten.