PDA

View Full Version : This is it!!

Flasteel
12-21-2014, 11:18 AM
Given the Steelers' penchant for inexplicable losses and defensive meltdowns, I still don't have a good feel for where this team is at right now. The last couple of weeks have given me hope that they may finally be turning a corner and developing the kind of consistency that will carry them deep into the playoffs...but I'm still not sold.

I think today's game against the Chiefs is going to be a defining moment in pursuit of that answer. It's a "win and your in" situation, so the importance of the win doesn't need to be stated. Faced with that scenario and the fact that a very good Chiefs team is coming to their house with their own playoff fate in the balance - to me it's the ultimate test of whether this team has got it figured out or not.

Win this game and not only are the Steelers in the playoffs for the first time in 3 years, I think it also means they are officially on a roll and will be a team that nobody wants to play.

This is it!! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

8467thekraken
12-21-2014, 11:28 AM
Given the Steelers' penchant for inexplicable losses and defensive meltdowns, I still don't have a good feel for where this team is at right now. The last couple of weeks have given me hope that they may finally be turning a corner and developing the kind of consistency that will carry them deep into the playoffs...but I'm still not sold.

I think today's game against the Chiefs is going to be a defining moment in pursuit of that answer. It's a "win and your in" situation, so the importance of the win doesn't need to be stated. Faced with that scenario and the fact that a very good Chiefs team is coming to their house with their own playoff fate in the balance - to me it's the ultimate test of whether this team has got it figured out or not.

Win this game and not only are the Steelers in the playoffs for the first time in 3 years, I think it also means they are officially on a roll and will be a team that nobody wants to play.

This is it!! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Yeah, buddy!

As long as the offense is clicking, I am cool. The offensive line in particular.

Just keep Houston off of Ben as much as possible. He will get his but don't let him take the game over. Still have Tamba Hali to account for as well. These two guys are the only ones that scare me on the KC defense. Let Ben, Bell and Brown find there flow and take it on home.

Defensively, hold down Charles and get some pressure on Smith. The have no threats at WR. It's Smith and his TEs that do damage along with Charles.

...And don't let De'Anthony Thomas have the ball.

buccoray61
12-21-2014, 12:53 PM
As long as the offense is clicking, I am cool. The offensive line in particular.The pre-game radio show said that Mike Adams is going to be the second tight end in a lot of packages today.

eniparadoxgma
12-21-2014, 05:23 PM
As long as the offense is clicking, I am cool. The offensive line in particular.The pre-game radio show said that Mike Adams is going to be the second tight end in a lot of packages today.

Gilbert looked like crap, Ben get hit too many times again, but they did enough to get a win. PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slapstick
12-21-2014, 05:58 PM
Defense showed up big!

Flasteel
12-21-2014, 06:35 PM
This might be the first game we won all year because of the defense. A lot of yards given up between the 20's, but they were studs in the red zone. That stand after the sucessful fake FG by KC set the tempo for that unit. Great day by those guys!!!

chiken
12-21-2014, 08:02 PM
This was a total team win.. Special Teams kept them in Check and We scored 2 touchdowns in the RedZone against one of the Stingiest Red Zone defenses in the league. (remember back when our Red zone offense was the worst in the league) And yes our Defense was as good as they have been all year.