PDA

View Full Version : bungles back to back?

Starlifter
12-19-2014, 01:13 AM
If the steelers win out, we know they win the AFCN. But I believe that would drop the bengals to the 5 seed. Even if the rats win out, if we do as well best they can be is the 6 seed. so it seems to me after we capture the north on the 28th, we go in as the 4 seed playing the 5. Now the colts could trip us up and allow us to be the 3 seed - but it appears to me there's a strong possibility of back to back home games against cincy.

that would be pretty interesting!

oh, and after the last two years - it's refreshing to be discussing playoff scenarios again!

Oviedo
12-19-2014, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't want to have to beat the Bumgals three times in one season. Odds are strongly against that.

Sword
12-19-2014, 09:39 AM
I posted in another thread......see this link for all scenario's...
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

BradshawsHairdresser
12-19-2014, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't want to have to beat the Bumgals three times in one season. Odds are strongly against that.

Chances are good that, should the Steelers make the playoffs, they would be playing either Cincy or Baltimore in the first game.

RuthlessBurgher
12-19-2014, 11:25 AM
CIN is a half game up on PIT and BAL right now due to that tie. If we win out and Baltimore wins out, Baltimore would move ahead of Cincy (since the Bengals will have lost to us in this scenario).

Bigsteel
12-19-2014, 12:12 PM
It will either be Cincy or San Diego, I'd probably rather Cincy a third time

B&GinNC
12-19-2014, 12:25 PM
San Diego has a tiebreaker on Baltimore, but Baltimore would have to lose for that to be relevant, and a Houston/Cleveland stretch run isn't terribly imposing. The Rats likely finish out 11 - 5. My general take on this is that we'd best just go ahead and win out, because somebody is likely getting to 10 wins and still playing golf early this year.

Jooser
12-19-2014, 12:53 PM
Does anyone think Cinci is going to beat Denver this weekend? I wouldn't be too surprised by a Houston upset over the Rats this weekend to be honest.

:ratsuck:bungalssuck

RuthlessBurgher
12-19-2014, 03:40 PM
Does anyone think Cinci is going to beat Denver this weekend? I wouldn't be too surprised by a Houston upset over the Rats this weekend to be honest.

I would have thought that too, except that all 3 of the Texans' QB's are hurt (Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ryan Mallet, and Tom Savage are all out). They just signed Case Keenum and Thad Lewis, and Keenum is expected to start. Keenum played in Houston last year, but it wasn't a Bill O'Brian offense then, so he has a lot of catching up to do.

RuthlessBurgher
12-19-2014, 03:42 PM
San Diego has a tiebreaker on Baltimore, but Baltimore would have to lose for that to be relevant, and a Houston/Cleveland stretch run isn't terribly imposing. The Rats likely finish out 11 - 5. My general take on this is that we'd best just go ahead and win out, because somebody is likely getting to 10 wins and still playing golf early this year.

If we win this weekend, we are guaranteed a wild card spot even if we lose next week, so we would not be that 10 win team on the golf course. We'd likely be the 6th seed with 10 wins and the 4th seed with 11 wins.

papillon
12-19-2014, 04:31 PM
If we win this weekend, we are guaranteed a wild card spot even if we lose next week, so we would not be that 10 win team on the golf course. We'd likely be the 6th seed with 10 wins and the 4th seed with 11 wins.

Unless, the Pats and Broncos lose two, the Colts lose 1 and the Steelers win two, then we'd be the 2nd seed, of course, we'd have 11 wins and not 10, but I thought I'd throw out the possibility of the 2nd seed. :D In that scenario the Steelers lose the tie break to Denver on strength of victory for the 1st seed, there could be 5 teams at 11-5 and the Bengals at 10-5-1.

Pappy

Jooser
12-19-2014, 07:48 PM
I would have thought that too, except that all 3 of the Texans' QB's are hurt (Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ryan Mallet, and Tom Savage are all out). They just signed Case Keenum and Thad Lewis, and Keenum is expected to start. Keenum played in Houston last year, but it wasn't a Bill O'Brian offense then, so he has a lot of catching up to do.

Dangit, I didn't realize that. Still, I'm pulling for Watt to score 3 td's in the stunner. :D

skyhawk
12-19-2014, 09:11 PM
Didn't the Steelers beat the Bengals three times in 2005?

Slapstick
12-19-2014, 10:08 PM
Nope. They beat us at Heinz. We beat the Browns three times in 2002 and also 1994.

Starlifter
12-19-2014, 11:22 PM
well, we DID recently beat the rats 3 times in one year on our way to a superbowl. so cincy should be easy.

Shoe
12-21-2014, 12:30 AM
If the steelers win out, we know they win the AFCN. But I believe that would drop the bengals to the 5 seed. Even if the rats win out, if we do as well best they can be is the 6 seed. so it seems to me after we capture the north on the 28th, we go in as the 4 seed playing the 5. Now the colts could trip us up and allow us to be the 3 seed - but it appears to me there's a strong possibility of back to back home games against cincy.

that would be pretty interesting!

oh, and after the last two years - it's refreshing to be discussing playoff scenarios again!

We had playoffs aspirations last year too! Freakin kicker makes a easy kick, and we were in!

Jooser
12-21-2014, 06:41 PM

Boom RB! How ya like me now? I think Cinci loses too.