PDA

View Full Version : In light of what's at stake...

AzStillers1989
12-18-2014, 05:20 PM
The Steelers are in a perfect position. Win this week against KC and their in the playoffs. Of course we all know if they can win this week and next week, they are the AFCN champs. However all the focus will be on this game on Sunday. I get the feeling we will have our best showing of the year. Taking care of the Chiefs and clinching a playoff spot. The goal of any season is to get in the playoffs and play your best football going into them and throughout the playoffs of course. This team, I believe, is starting to do just that. There is a certain confidense I feel now, unlike any that I have felt since the 2008 run to our 6th Lombardi. We are a different team now though and I believe this team can be remembered for their never say die mentality. Time will tell as the old saying goes and I hope the rest of Steeler Nation doesn't take for granite the opportunity this team has. :2c

Lets Go STEELERS!!!!!

:tt1:tt2:Cheers:Beer:Steel

SidSmythe
12-18-2014, 05:43 PM
PERSONALLY I think this game will tell us how serious the Steelers are at making a run for it.

I am not convinced they are "contenders" but a win this weekend and next weekend would tell me they have a standing chance.

However going to New England and winning would be the ultimate test.

buccoray61
12-18-2014, 05:55 PM
It's about all you can ask for at this point of the season,and that is you control your own fate.

hawaiiansteel
12-18-2014, 06:17 PM
Lets Go STEELERS!!!!!

http://www.dazzlejunction.com/glitter/steelers/here-we-go-steelers.gif

Flasteel
12-18-2014, 06:32 PM
PERSONALLY I think this game will tell us how serious the Steelers are at making a run for it.

I am not convinced they are "contenders" but a win this weekend and next weekend would tell me they have a standing chance.

However going to New England and winning would be the ultimate test.

This is where I'm kind of at as well. I do believe that the best unit on the field Sunday will be the Steelers offense. I like the matchups on both sides of the ball actually and considering that the game is at home, there is no reason we should lose this game.

That said, I don't have a strong feeling as to where this team is yet. A win on Sunday will be fantastic. Two more wins and a division title will definitely give me some optimism heading into the playoffs. But if we can come out and dominate the next two games offensively, I think I would feel pretty good about our chances of beating anyone.

Can't wait to find out! :tt2

JAR
12-18-2014, 06:36 PM
Trent Green said the Steelers offense will struggle against the Chief's Ryan style offense just like they did against the Saints and Jets. Trent may be still showing signs of his last concussion. :tt2

BradshawsHairdresser
12-18-2014, 07:32 PM
Trent Green said the Steelers offense will struggle against the Chief's Ryan style offense just like they did against the Saints and Jets.

That's a concern. However, I think the weakness of the Chiefs' D is vs. the run, and I expect the Steelers to look to establish the run. Just so long as they give Ben a few shots early as well, to get him going, I like the Steelers' chances.
I hope Suisham has his leg ready, because the Chiefs have one of the best defenses in the red-zone.

feltdizz
12-18-2014, 11:10 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that our D will give up a TD to a WR on the first drive. I still think we win by 10 but our D is going to give up a few points. Our offense is white hot and KC won't be able to keep up.

flippy
12-18-2014, 11:20 PM
The Steelers are in a perfect position. Win this week against KC and their in the playoffs. Of course we all know if they can win this week and next week, they are the AFCN champs. However all the focus will be on this game on Sunday. I get the feeling we will have our best showing of the year. Taking care of the Chiefs and clinching a playoff spot. The goal of any season is to get in the playoffs and play your best football going into them and throughout the playoffs of course. This team, I believe, is starting to do just that. There is a certain confidense I feel now, unlike any that I have felt since the 2008 run to our 6th Lombardi. We are a different team now though and I believe this team can be remembered for their never say die mentality. Time will tell as the old saying goes and I hope the rest of Steeler Nation doesn't take for granite the opportunity this team has. :2c

Lets Go STEELERS!!!!!

Love the optimism and hope you are right.

I'm a little more cautiously optimistic this season. I still think we have a chance any week just cause we have Ben. But we also run the risk of getting blown away by anyone just as easy because of a couple issues. But we are going in the right direction and things are looking better than the start of the season.

One other thing that concerns me a little is that even though we are loaded on Offense now with all the talent in the world, we still have a hard time putting up as many points as we should be capable of producing. We only scored 20 last week even though it felt like we shoulda put up 40+.

SS Laser
12-18-2014, 11:46 PM
Love the optimism and hope you are right.

I'm a little more cautiously optimistic this season. I still think we have a chance any week just cause we have Ben. But we also run the risk of getting blown away by anyone just as easy because of a couple issues. But we are going in the right direction and things are looking better than the start of the season.

One other thing that concerns me a little is that even though we are loaded on Offense now with all the talent in the world, we still have a hard time putting up as many points as we should be capable of producing. We only scored 20 last week even though it felt like we shoulda put up 40+. Kicking field goals will do that Flip. :)

Djfan
12-19-2014, 01:02 AM
I get this feeling that the win this week will be so-so, but against the bungals we dominate in an epic fashion.

27-21 Steelers over Chiefs
45 - 17 over the bungals

RuthlessBurgher
12-19-2014, 11:31 AM
Trent Green said the Steelers offense will struggle against the Chief's Ryan style offense just like they did against the Saints and Jets. Trent may be still showing signs of his last concussion. :tt2

I have zero idea what this means. The Chiefs, Saints, and Jets have three completely different offensive identities. And what exactly is a Ryan style offense anyway? Never heard that one before...

Slapstick
12-19-2014, 12:25 PM
I'm pretty sure someone meant defense...

feltdizz
12-19-2014, 12:37 PM
I have zero idea what this means. The Chiefs, Saints, and Jets have three completely different offensive identities. And what exactly is a Ryan style offense anyway? Never heard that one before...

The curse of joking the concussed.

Jooser
12-19-2014, 12:48 PM
http://www.mytinyphone.com/uploads/users/chucksta/519720.gif