PDA

View Full Version : Cowherd Not Sold on Steelers

NorthCoast
12-15-2014, 01:38 PM
On his daily show said the Steelers are 'terrible in situational football'... 'don't know what you will get week to week'.

Nothing new there, but he was applauding the Ravens as an organization that gets it done in terms of replacing talent and winning games they are supposed to. Oh yeah, and dark horse candidate to win the SB.

Just thought I would throw that out there...

Oviedo
12-15-2014, 02:02 PM
I heard that. Makes no sense because the Ravens have been no different. Cowherd just jumps on bandwagons sometimes and he knows slighting the Steelers will get him talk and responses

Djfan
12-15-2014, 02:16 PM
Just thought I would throw that out there...

It's Cowherd, so it just hit the side of the rim and bounced off.

steelblood
12-15-2014, 02:42 PM
Ravens do have a good organization. Does anyone really believe our front office is better? I would trade Ozzie Newsome for Kevin Colbert.

SidSmythe
12-15-2014, 03:09 PM
I too am concerned with this team going on the road and giving up 400 yards passing. Who isn't??

That's why they're not the #1 seed right now. Until they find ways to pressure QBs its going to be a short Post Season. They have players who can do it, now they just gotta do it.

feltdizz
12-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Ravens do have a good organization. Does anyone really believe our front office is better? I would trade Ozzie Newsome for Kevin Colbert.

I agree... the Ravens have a slight advantage because they aren't afraid to cut an aging vet once he loses a step. If Colbert was in Baltimore they would still have Dilfer as a back up, Todd Heap and Ed Reed would still be starting and they would have Saragusa/Ray Lewis on speed dial for one more run at a title.

buccoray61
12-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Cowherd is an idiot.

RuthlessBurgher
12-15-2014, 03:45 PM
Cowherd is an idiot.

Yup...back in the day, I used to listen to Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN Radio, but would change the channel whenever Cowherd's show came on afterward. Now with Sirius NFL Radio, I don't even bother to tune into ESPN Radio at all anymore.

hawaiiansteel
12-15-2014, 04:27 PM
Cowherd is an idiot.

yeah, he might actually be worse than Skip Bayless...

SteelerOfDeVille
12-15-2014, 06:28 PM
as in Colin? The guy who has hated the Steelers since the Seattle SB? Why would anybody care what he thinks about the Steelers?

He refused to acknowledge the Steelers as SB champs cuz "the refs won the game"...

BradshawsHairdresser
12-15-2014, 07:30 PM
Cowherd Not Sold on Steelers

Yeah, well I'm not sold on Cowherd, so....

Sure, Not
12-15-2014, 08:57 PM
Yup...back in the day, I used to listen to Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN Radio, but would change the channel whenever Cowherd's show came on afterward. Now with Sirius NFL Radio, I don't even bother to tune into ESPN Radio at all anymore.

This +100
ESPN sucks so hard. It's the MTV of sports. Every day it's racism, football is dangerous, domestic violence blah blah blah. There are so many options that just talk about the games that ESPN has become utterly obsolete. I used to listen to them every day. Tebowmania and the QBR is when they started losing me. Now it's unwatchable bad. (In 2008 Tyler Thigpen and Dan Orlovsky had a higher QBR than Ben, Orlovsky didn't win a game. Ben won SBXLIII)

NorthCoast
12-15-2014, 08:59 PM
I guess I am not seeing where Cowherd misspoke??? Have the Steelers really been all that good in situational football? (even the biggest fans know Tomlin is pretty had with in-game management). Defensive drafts have been off the mark the last few years. Even the high picks seem to be more "projects" than ready for the NFL players. Most people are predicting the next draft or two will be defense-heavy so it will be real interesting to see what shakes out from that.

flippy
12-16-2014, 08:44 AM
Cowherd is an idiot.

True. But he's also not that far off the mark on the Steelers. On a positive, the team seems to play better when the media is against them. Hope we get some more negative vibes from the pundits.

fezziwig
12-16-2014, 06:05 PM
Cowher didn't say anything that wasn't true. The Steelers are an up and down team. I also thought the Ravens did well against the Patriots at times. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. I'd rather see the Steelers go to the Super Bowl but if came down to the Pats and the Ravens, I'd rather see the Ravens go to the Super Bowl... I was picking the Ravens this off season to go to the Super Bowl. Just thought they had a big enough chip on their shoulder to want to get back there and soon. Yep, you still need talent but even a blind dog finds the hydrant once in a while.

B&GinNC
12-17-2014, 08:29 PM
The Ravens don't lose games they should win, but they don't win games they shouldn't, either, at least not this year. What's their best win? Besides us week 2 when they were jacked up sky high over the Ray Rice scandal, zero wins over +.500 teams. Doesn't scream "Super Bowl darkhorse" to me.