PDA

View Full Version : Is Mike Adams to Guard possible?

SS Laser
12-15-2014, 01:06 PM
I hate to see a 2nd rd pick struggle. I thought MA was close to equal to Gilbert at RT. With both having there own good and bad. But it looks like MA has been a down grade in both run and pass blocking the last 2 games. Adams can be a back up swing tackle I think which is BAD for a 2nd rd pick. Can he maybe become a good guard? I see a few posts were guys say his feet suck. So does that matter as much for a guard? Does he lack strength to be guard? I only say this because Foster moved and so did Colon. Should they try a move to guard to salvage what looks to be a bad pick?

feltdizz
12-15-2014, 01:51 PM
I'm not into the PFF rankings (I have no idea what the numbers mean) but they gave the Falcons outside rushers a -3.4. 71 attempts (2 hits, 2 hurries).

Serious question: Did Adams really struggle yesterday.... or is this one of those "gotta bash somebody even though we won so why not bash Adams" post?

Iron City Inc.
12-15-2014, 01:56 PM
Last two games MA started and we only gave up 1 sack. So at this point in time we have to at least say he is serviceable. Sure you draft a guy in the 2nd to be a starter but if he is at least improving (his footwork did suck when he first got here. A waist bender which you can't be on the edge.) I would say he has salvaged his career because there was a time there where he looked like a wasted pick.
Could he play guard? Possible but I'm not sure he'd be better then Foster. That said a lineman who could back up all 4 spots is valuable and worth keeping. Not sure Adams will ever be more then that but for a miss of a draft pick it's not all that bad.

Shawn
12-15-2014, 02:58 PM
Adams is a career come off the bench guy. You are now caught up in the Adams SHOULD be so good mirage. It even fooled most scouts. He just doesn't have that fire in the belly, that desire to be great. He wouldn't be better than Foster...who is playing some decent ball.

RuthlessBurgher
12-15-2014, 03:31 PM
Can he play center?

;) Sorry...had to dust off an old classic...

pfelix73
12-15-2014, 05:18 PM
Need to be quick to be a OG. Adams is a Tackle. He'll be fine.

SidSmythe
12-15-2014, 05:32 PM
He's late getting out of his stance as it is. He'd have BELL's career cut in half if he had to pull on a trap.