PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Ben - New Single Season Steeler Passing Record

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-14-2014, 04:18 PM
In Game 14, 4344 yards.

I know the rules of the game make passers have better numbers than they did years ago, so it's apples and oranges really to even discuss new passing records (since by definition they are comparisons with games before the rules changes), but still - it's great!

Shawn
12-14-2014, 05:03 PM
It's Haley's fault!

Slapstick
12-14-2014, 05:04 PM
Ben can average just under 300 yards over the next two and top 5000!

flippy
12-14-2014, 05:14 PM
And AB gets the reception record in the same week.

DukieBoy
12-14-2014, 05:31 PM
Wanting to see them set a Super Bowl record together.

Cinnjerm3000
12-14-2014, 06:51 PM
I hope after this season this fanbase can finally accept that Haley, as it turns out, is indeed the right OC for this team.

Starlifter
12-14-2014, 06:55 PM
I hope after this season this fanbase can finally accept that Haley, as it turns out, is indeed the right OC for this team.

It has been a slow adjustment to bens game, but he has some real playmakers and the results are beyond dispute. Knock on wood, but in addition to passing records Ben has the chance to finish his second complete season in a row. That's significant.

fordfixer
12-14-2014, 07:32 PM
www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014/12/14/7391407/no-nfl-team-has-avoided-the-sting-of-losing-to-ben-roethlisberger

No NFL team has avoided the sting of losing to Ben Roethlisberger...except the Steelers +posted by Neal Coolong on Dec 14, 2014

The Steelers' 27-20 win over the Atlanta Falcons means Ben Roethlisberger checked off the last team he needed to beat in his career. With the exception of his own, Roethlisberger has wins against every team in the NFL

hawaiiansteel
12-14-2014, 07:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B42W34NIAAI1o2j.jpg

bostonsteeler
12-14-2014, 09:04 PM
www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014/12/14/7391407/no-nfl-team-has-avoided-the-sting-of-losing-to-ben-roethlisberger (http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014/12/14/7391407/no-nfl-team-has-avoided-the-sting-of-losing-to-ben-roethlisberger)

No NFL team has avoided the sting of losing to Ben Roethlisberger...except the Steelers +posted by Neal Coolong on Dec 14, 2014

The Steelers' 27-20 win over the Atlanta Falcons means Ben Roethlisberger checked off the last team he needed to beat in his career. With the exception of his own, Roethlisberger has wins against every team in the NFL

I would claim that there have been a few games where Ben beat the Steelers as well. He has a perfect record.

Here's rooting for 5k.

NorthCoast
12-14-2014, 09:31 PM

#6 in the NFL in scoring per game.... something Arians never could claim while the OC.

hawaiiansteel
12-19-2014, 09:44 PM
Ben Roethlisberger: 'Selfless' approach has taken Steelers offense to new heights

December, 18, 2014
By Scott Brown | ESPN.com

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said balance and selflessness have keyed the surge of an offense that leads the NFL in a number of categories, including total yards.

“No one cares about setting records or being the guy. We all just want to do it together,” Roethlisberger said Thursday on ESPN's "NFL Live." "The belief in each other has just been unbelievable."

The Steelers are averaging 424.9 yards per game, tops in the NFL, and are sixth in scoring (27.8 points per game).

When asked if this is the most balanced offense he has played on, Roethlisberger said, “Probably just because of how good (running back) Le'Veon (Bell) is and how the good the receivers are and the offensive line is playing as well as they have since I’ve been here as a group. I think just with the play calling and the way everybody is being selfless, they don’t really care about anything but winning and finding ways to help this team win.”

The Steelers are 9-5 and they will clinch a playoff berth Sunday if they beat the visiting Kansas City Chiefs.

The Steelers, who haven’t been in the playoffs since 2011, will win the AFC North if they win their final two games.

Roethlisberger has said the Steelers have been in playoff mode since the beginning of the month. His focus on the present is such that Roethlisberger said he is not thinking about how long he wants to continue playing or about his contract situation.

Roethlisberger has one year left on his contract after this season, but both the 11th-year veteran and the Steelers have said they want to get a deal done that will allow him to play his entire career in Pittsburgh.

“I don’t want to look forward to next year because then I feel like I’m cheating the now, I’m cheating this game, I’m cheating these teammates, these fans,” said Roethlisberger, whose 4,415 passing yards have already set a Steelers’ single-season record. “All I look forward to is the next game.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/154705/ben-roethlisberger-selfless-approach-has-taken-steelers-offense-to-new-heights