PDA

View Full Version : There is a certain calmness....

AzStillers1989
12-13-2014, 08:47 PM
...that I feel right now that reminds me of 2005. We all know what the Steelers need to do to make the playoffs. I just have this relaxed feeling that we are going to take care of business these next 3 weeks and win the north. From there we fight like there is no tomorrow(which there wouldn't be with a loss). I know all the stats. I know all the bad losses. I know all the negative points of view. None of that sh!t matters because come playoff time, a win is a win and all records go out the window...

so so here is to enjoying this ride.. Starting tomorrow in Georgia. :Beer:Beer:tt2:tt2:tt2:tt1:tt1

Discipline of Steel
12-13-2014, 09:54 PM
Starting last weekend in Cincinnati...

AzStillers1989
12-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Starting last weekend in Cincinnati...
Glad to see we are on the same page. Man some people just want to correct everything. Ya feel?

DukieBoy
12-13-2014, 11:32 PM
It's been a roller coaster year, but not anymore. It's ride or jump off. Let's ride, no fear.

7 UP
12-14-2014, 12:02 AM
Ill jump in with you all. But its not 05'. Its 97. We had a great offense and a terrible defense. Carnell Lake jumped from saftey to corner and saved the season. We went 9-7 and made it to the AFCC. We should have beat Denver and went on to beat the Packers in the Super Bowl. But we had Kordell Stewart at QB. This time around we dont have that problem. This time we have Ben. So lets put Ike in at saftey for Mitchell, and lets beat the Broncos in the AFCC.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-14-2014, 01:27 AM
Ill jump in with you all. But its not 05'. Its 97. We had a great offense and a terrible defense. Carnell Lake jumped from saftey to corner and saved the season. We went 9-7 and made it to the AFCC. We should have beat Denver and went on to beat the Packers in the Super Bowl. But we had Kordell Stewart at QB. This time around we dont have that problem. This time we have Ben. So lets put Ike in at saftey for Mitchell, and lets beat the Broncos in the AFCC.

I like your enthusiasm, but, critical as I've been of Mitchell, there's no way I want to see Ike on the field at safety. Just keep him off the field as much as possible.

And I'm glad you guys can be calm...I'm about as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs! Hope your calmness turns out to be justified, and our Steelers make a nice run.

7 UP
12-14-2014, 01:46 AM
I was kidding about the Ike thing.

flippy
12-14-2014, 09:39 AM
...that I feel right now that reminds me of 2005. We all know what the Steelers need to do to make the playoffs. I just have this relaxed feeling that we are going to take care of business these next 3 weeks and win the north. From there we fight like there is no tomorrow(which there wouldn't be with a loss). I know all the stats. I know all the bad losses. I know all the negative points of view. None of that sh!t matters because come playoff time, a win is a win and all records go out the window...

so so here is to enjoying this ride.. Starting tomorrow in Georgia. :Beer:Beer:tt2:tt2:tt2:tt1:tt1

Calmness?

I think I feel the complete opposite emotion the second the game starts. A little anxious mixed with a little bit of nervousness. Wondering which team is going to show up to play game by game or quarter by quarter.

In 2005, I had a feeling that we had it if we could just get into the playoffs. That team was special and you could see things evolving in the right direction. It's a little different this time. Now I can see spurts of talent on O. The D is a clusterfudge at this point imho. So we'd need the O to carry us. We'd need the O to put up points and just start firing on all cylinders. We need to make the game easy on our D. So they can pin their ears back and go after the QB. But we need big leads so the opposing QB has to hold onto the ball to try to go down field.

I think this D can force mistakes if they're playing ahead. A SuperBowl run comes down to Ben. Is he capable? Sure. Is it likely? I dunno. All I do know is we see extreme play from our QB. He's either on fire or he can't hit the broadside of a barn with his throws.

And that's what makes me a little crazy every Sunday. We can point to a number of things that need to improve for this team to get better. But in the end, only one thing matters. And it's the play of Big Ben.

We just need to make it to the playoffs somehow. And then Ben needs to get streaky good for 4 games. And I do think bad weather can work in our favor.

So I'm with you on the one hand. Let's go win this SuperBowl!!!! But calmness is not something I feel right now. :)

fordfixer
12-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Calmness?
nk I feel the complete opposite emotion the second the game starts. A little anxious mixed with a little bit of nervousness. Wondering which team is going to show up to play game by game or quarter by quarter.

In 2005, I had a feeling that we had it if we could just get into the playoffs. That team was special and you could see things evolving in the right direction. It's a little different this time. Now I can see spurts of talent on O. The D is a clusterfudge at this point imho. So we'd need the O to carry us. We'd need the O to put up points and just start firing on all cylinders. We need to make the game easy on our D. So they can pin their ears back and go after the QB. But we need big leads so the opposing QB has to hold onto the ball to try to go down field.

I think this D can force mistakes if they're playing ahead. A SuperBowl run comes down to Ben. Is he capable? Sure. Is it likely? I dunno. All I do know is we see extreme play from our QB. He's either on fire or he can't hit the broadside of a barn with his throws.

And that's what makes me a little crazy every Sunday. We can point to a number of things that need to improve for this team to get better. But in the end, only one thing matters. And it's the play of Big Ben.

We just need to make it to the playoffs somehow. And then Ben needs to get streaky good for 4 games. And I do think bad weather can work in our favor.

So I'm with you on the one hand. Let's go win this SuperBowl!!!! But calmness is not something I feel right now. :)
Have you been taking your meds Flippy? :D

Jooser
12-14-2014, 11:25 AM
I hear ya Flip. I feel like SUPER BOWL or BUST time !!!!!!!!!

http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/~hurley/Towel-Anim2.gif

RuthlessBurgher
12-14-2014, 12:18 PM
I do think bad weather can work in our favor.

I don't see this. We have arguably the best WR and best RB in all of football, plus a big play rook that can make you pay at any time if you focus too much on our studs. I would rather not slow those guys down. When our primary weapons were Hines and Bus, I could see a benefit to bad weather since we could win with pure brute force, but that isn't the game of our current killer B's Ben, Bell, Brown, and Bryant.

WindyCitySteel
12-14-2014, 01:20 PM
I don't see this. We have arguably the best WR and best RB in all of football, plus a big play rook that can make you pay at any time if you focus too much on our studs. I would rather not slow those guys down. When our primary weapons were Hines and Bus, I could see a benefit to bad weather since we could win with pure brute force, but that isn't the game of our current killer B's Ben, Bell, Brown, and Bryant.

Bad weather favors WRs, who know when they're cutting and where they're running.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-14-2014, 04:03 PM
It's not calmness, I'm just too nervous to type.

flippy
12-14-2014, 05:17 PM

My thinking is our QB has the advantage in bad conditions versus every other QB. IMHO, winning is all on how Ben plays. We have some great other guys that will perform of course. I just think they have a minimal impact on winning compared to how Ben plays.

Djfan
12-14-2014, 06:09 PM
I'm excited that we don't face any 2-8 or 0-7 teams in the playoffs. That should help us a lot.