PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for getting player autographs at Heinz Field ?

coop
12-08-2014, 08:16 PM
Long time Steeler fan from Toronto, Canada and newbie to this forum. Have a question for those of you familiar with Heinz Field.

I'm going to the Chiefs game Dec 20th, it's my first trip to Heinz Field. What are my odds of getting a player autograph and are there any tips or tricks as to when and where to go to improve my odds.

Great forum BTW.

hausparty
12-09-2014, 11:13 AM
Yep heres a tip for you!
1. Goto the game and just enjoy the Game! Autographs aren't going to happen.
2. After the game go home and book tickets to the Steelers Training Camp in the Summer. There is no better experience and no better way of getting some really awesome autographs.

I was there this year and got some awesome autographs and Ben walked right up to me as soon as he came out. (I say this because the last time I got Bens Autograph at camp we won the SUPERBOWL). Heres to hoping for repeat luck.

Enjoy the Tailgating and the game but head to Latrobe PA for the AUTOGRAPHS and an amazing football experience.

JAR
12-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Long time Steeler fan from Toronto, Canada and newbie to this forum. Have a question for those of you familiar with Heinz Field.

I'm going to the Chiefs game Dec 20th, it's my first trip to Heinz Field. What are my odds of getting a player autograph and are there any tips or tricks as to when and where to go to improve my odds.

Great forum BTW.

Pretty tough to do. I was lucky a few years back when we acquired players 'family' tickets to the 2010 divisional playoff gave at home against the Ratbirds. We were able to park in the players lot and after the gam, acces the field before the game and were able to go down and wait outside of the locker room. I was wearing my Deebo jersey. He was one of the last ones out of the locker room...everyone was telling me, "You'll never get his autograph" Well, as he walked by me, I asked him and he signed my jersey right on my back. Pretty cool experience.

squidkid
12-09-2014, 01:54 PM
just curious, what's the fascination with an authograph anyways?

feltdizz
12-09-2014, 01:57 PM

how old are you?

pittpete
12-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Find out what hotel they are staying at.
Used to be the Hilton, havnt been there in awhile.
Might be the Penn now.
You aren't going to get an autograph at the field.

Bigsteel
12-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Back of the stadium in the parking lot is where they come out after the game... I got 10 autographs last year after the ravens games, talked with Mclendon, Jarvis jones, will Johnson, Derek Moye, shamarko thomas, lander jones, isac redman... Antonio Brown and Heath miller are two I'd never ask for a autograph from again
I have pics
This was the last game for redman

squidkid
12-09-2014, 02:43 PM
how old are you?

what difference does it make.
its a valid question

flippy
12-09-2014, 04:36 PM
In between snaps, just run out on the field. Make sure you avoid Deebo. Have your pen/marker ready, so you don't cause a delay of game.

Might want to borrow Gradkowski's clip board to make it easier for the guys to sign.

feltdizz
12-09-2014, 04:41 PM
its a valid question

if you don't know by now what the significance is I can't help you out.

I think a better question is what is the significance of coming into a thread about autographs and asking that type of question.

Flasteel
12-09-2014, 08:50 PM
its a valid question

It would seem you and Dizz are kind of on the same page...at least from what I can tell.

Unless you are getting an autograph for a kid, a grown man has no business asking for another man's autograph.

JAR
12-09-2014, 09:31 PM

Why go to or even watch a game?

SteelCrazy
12-09-2014, 09:40 PM
Tip for an autograph:

Wear a white t-shirt and have someone throw water all over the front of it. The cold weather should help.......autographs galore.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-10-2014, 02:46 AM
Any tips for getting player autographs at Heinz Field?

Wouldn't hurt to look like this! -:Boobs:Boobs:Boobs

squidkid
12-10-2014, 09:58 AM
It would seem you and Dizz are kind of on the same page...at least from what I can tell.

Unless you are getting an autograph for a kid, a grown man has no business asking for another man's autograph.

we are not on the same page. i agree with this ........Unless you are getting an autograph for a kid, a grown man has no business asking for another man's autograph.

squidkid
12-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Why go to or even watch a game?

what does one have to do with the other?
you think every fan that goes to a game chases players around for autographs?

feltdizz
12-10-2014, 10:14 AM
we all know WHY some fans want autographs..

I have friends who grew up with Sean Gilbert, Darell Revis and Ty Law. They all went up to New England when Ty Law was inducted into the HOF and one friend sent a pick of Ty Law signing his jersey.

These are child hood friends and people who played HS football on his team. Asking them why they want his autograph is damn near insensitive because I know damn well why they want his autograph. He does what a fraction of .1% of athletes were able to do. Jersey's with an autograph can fetch more money, they hang them on their walls and people come over and go "wow, did you meet him?"

We are on a message board arguing over players and coaches, we have jerseys, hats, flags, etc... some of us have sigs in our post with graphics, mock drafts, quotes from other players, etc...

...and these mofos have the nerve to act like they are "above it all" when some people ask about getting an autograph? Amazing.

I know every fan doesn't chase players for autographs but I know why some fans do.

Anyone who claims they don't know why is acting like a douche.

squidkid
12-10-2014, 10:46 AM

I have friends who grew up with Sean Gilbert, Darell Revis and Ty Law. They all went up to New England when Ty Law was inducted into the HOF and one friend sent a pick of Ty Law signing his jersey.

These are child hood friends and people who played HS football on his team. Asking them why they want his autograph is damn near insensitive because I know damn well why they want his autograph. He does what a fraction of .1% of athletes were able to do. Jersey's with an autograph can fetch more money, they hang them on their walls and people come over and go "wow, did you meet him?"

We are on a message board arguing over players and coaches, we have jerseys, hats, flags, etc... some of us have sigs in our post with graphics, mock drafts, quotes from other players, etc...

...and these mofos have the nerve to act like they are "above it all" when some people ask about getting an autograph? Amazing.

I know every fan doesn't chase players for autographs but I know why some fans do.

you forgot man crush

feltdizz
12-10-2014, 12:29 PM
you forgot man crush

this guy ^^^

JAR
12-10-2014, 12:42 PM
what does one have to do with the other?
you think every fan that goes to a game chases players around for autographs?

You watch and or go to games because you are a fan. The same kind of fan that likes to have memorabilia, autographed memorabilia, etc. Do you own and wear any Steelers players jerseys? If so, what's the difference between having a players name sewn on or autographed on?

squidkid
12-10-2014, 02:50 PM
You watch and or go to games because you are a fan. The same kind of fan that likes to have memorabilia, autographed memorabilia, etc. Do you own and wear any Steelers players jerseys? If so, what's the difference between having a players name sewn on or autographed on?

i do own jerseys but would never stalk, chase or bother him for an autograph.
i can understand a little kid being infatuated with a pro athlete and thinking an autograph is cool but find it real creepy as an adult. to each their own

Flasteel
12-10-2014, 04:43 PM

You are entiled to your opinion and I have mine. I know your comments were directed at Squid, but I think any grown man who waits around for or seeks out the autograph for himself is either interested in profiting from the sig or has issues. The entire mentality of it escapes me. I may consciously understand why some guys do it, but that doesn't mean I get it.

feltdizz
12-10-2014, 05:29 PM
You are entiled to your opinion and I have mine. I know your comments were directed at Squid, but I think any grown man who waits around for or seeks out the autograph for himself is either interested in profiting from the sig or has issues. The entire mentality of it escapes me. I may consciously understand why some guys do it, but that doesn't mean I get it.

interesting.

I think if you understand it, then you get it.

It's something you don't do and that's fine but I think it's douchey to come in this thread just to let people know you don't do those things. Yeah, it's douchey but that's just my opinion.

flippy
12-10-2014, 06:08 PM
interesting.

It's something you don't do and that's fine but I think it's douchey to come in this thread just to let people know you don't do those things. Yeah, it's douchey but that's just my opinion.

Moral of the story...we're all douches in our own peculiar and douchey way. ;)

JAR
12-10-2014, 07:12 PM
i do own jerseys but would never stalk, chase or bother him for an autograph.
i can understand a little kid being infatuated with a pro athlete and thinking an autograph is cool but find it real creepy as an adult. to each their own
I agree...don't harass a guy for an autograph. Most pro teams have sessions for autograph seekers. Your posts make it sound like there is something wrong with having anything autographed. I see nothing different between an autograph and parading around with another man's name on you back.

Flasteel
12-10-2014, 07:29 PM
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
interesting.

I can see how my comments or Squid's might seem douchey towards the OP...that wasn't my intent and I apologize for allowing it to come off that way. I just saw what Squid was refering to and agreed with him. If someone wants to seek out an autograph and is just looking for advice on how to best go about it, that's their business and there's no harm in it.

That said, it's a message board. If Squid wants to ask the question about why someone would want to do that, then I don't see anything wrong with that either. He didn't insult the OP or refer to him in some derogatory way for seeking out the autograph. I probably took it to a little different level by saying what I said (again not intending to refer to the OP), but I stand by my opinion.

I understand that someone might be interested in some type of momento from a player. We all watch them play, root for them, and closely follow their careers. But once you start waiting in line or seeking them out to get their signature on something, I find it absurd. Not only does it border on idolatry, in my opinion it places you in an inferior or subservient position to them. As a man, I don't ever give another man the impression that they are somehow better than me or deserving of some type of alpha status. They are just another dude.

What I don't get is how any grown man can put himself in that position.

JAR
12-10-2014, 07:39 PM
[/QUOTE]

I can see how my comments or Squid's might seem douchey towards the OP...that wasn't my intent and I apologize for allowing it to come off that way. I just saw what Squid was refering to and agreed with him. If someone wants to seek out an autograph and is just looking for advice on how to best go about it, that's their business and there's no harm in it.

That said, it's a message board. If Squid wants to ask the question about why someone would want to do that, then I don't see anything wrong with that either. He didn't insult the OP or refer to him in some derogatory way for seeking out the autograph. I probably took it to a little different level by saying what I said (again not intending to refer to the OP), but I stand by my opinion.

I understand that someone might be interested in some type of momento from a player. We all watch them play, root for them, and closely follow their careers. But once you start waiting in line or seeking them out to get their signature on something, I find it absurd. Not only does it border on idolatry, in my opinion it places you in an inferior or subservient position to them. As a man, I don't ever give another man the impression that they are somehow better than me or deserving of some type of alpha status. They are just another dude.

What I don't get is how any grown man can put himself in that position.[/QUOTE]

Do you wear a jersey with another man's name on it? How is that any different than owning a football or helmet with another man's signature on it if you aren't harassing the guy at dinner or on the street for it? If you aquire an autograph at a place that's set up for autograph seekers...what's the harm?

feltdizz
12-10-2014, 08:14 PM
I still don't understand why some people need to question a person's sanity or manhood for wanting an autograph of a football player.

All this posturing about being a real man is a sign of weakness IMO.

JAR
12-10-2014, 08:22 PM
I still don't understand why some people need to question a person's sanity or manhood for wanting an autograph of a football player.

Exactly..what's the quote from a Shakespeare play about protesting too much?

hawaiiansteel
12-10-2014, 08:33 PM

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" from Hamlet...

Flasteel
12-10-2014, 08:41 PM
[/QUOTE]

Do you wear a jersey with another man's name on it? How is that any different than owning a football or helmet with another man's signature on it if you aren't harassing the guy at dinner or on the street for it? If you aquire an autograph at a place that's set up for autograph seekers...what's the harm?[/QUOTE]

No. I don't.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/43643-The-big-win-New-Jersey?highlight=jersey

Flasteel
12-10-2014, 08:49 PM

Easy there JAR.

Flasteel
12-10-2014, 09:07 PM

You can call it posturing all you want brother. I invite you to ask other guys if they would wait in line or seek out another guy for their autograph. I'm sure you'll get a mixed bag of responses. If you think my opinion or Squid's opinion is somehow unique, then those conversations should broaden your horizons.

Let me clarify that I do not have a problem with any person who goes out and get's an autograph. It's their business and it harms nobody. I stated that verbatim already. I myself would never do such a thing and I told you why I would never do it. And yeah, I don't understand why another guy would do it, given the rationale I provided. If you want to however, then go right ahead. It doesn't mean you are less than a man, but to me it does mean that you are intentionally putting yourself in a subservient position to another man and that's all I've ever stated. I don't subscribe to that type of thinking or behavior. I

f you think that is a sign of weakness, then you are completely entitled to your myopic opinion.

JAR
12-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Do you wear a jersey with another man's name on it? How is that any different than owning a football or helmet with another man's signature on it if you aren't harassing the guy at dinner or on the street for it? If you aquire an autograph at a place that's set up for autograph seekers...what's the harm?[/QUOTE]

No. I don't.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/43643-The-big-win-New-Jersey?highlight=jersey[/QUOTE]

Are you the one who drives around in a Steelers Jeep?

Flasteel
12-10-2014, 09:34 PM
Do you wear a jersey with another man's name on it? How is that any different than owning a football or helmet with another man's signature on it if you aren't harassing the guy at dinner or on the street for it? If you aquire an autograph at a place that's set up for autograph seekers...what's the harm?

No. I don't.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/43643-The-big-win-New-Jersey?highlight=jersey[/QUOTE]

Are you the one who drives around in a Steelers Jeep?[/QUOTE]

Holy crap...that's a good memory!

feltdizz
12-11-2014, 08:00 AM
Hold up, you are the guy with the jeep?

C'mon man!!!

Flasteel
12-11-2014, 05:13 PM
Hold up, you are the guy with the jeep?

C'mon man!!!

Dude...the Jeep is pimp! :tt2

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/22479-My-New-Steeler-Mobile?highlight=jeep

Besides, it's not like I had anyone sign the steering wheel or put a Ben Roethlisberger Fathead on the hood. :-)

feltdizz
12-11-2014, 05:21 PM

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/22479-My-New-Steeler-Mobile?highlight=jeep

Besides, it's not like I had anyone sign the steering wheel or put a Ben Roethlisberger Fathead on the hood. :-)

It's a nice ride...

and if you did have a signature on the steering wheel I wouldn't judge your manhood :p

Flasteel
12-11-2014, 05:40 PM
It's a nice ride...

and if you did have a signature on the steering wheel I wouldn't judge your manhood :p

You couldn't question Richard Simmon's manhood if he was driving it. :-)

hawaiiansteel
12-11-2014, 06:28 PM

I think your Steelers' jeep is really cool... :tt2

fordfixer
12-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Dude...the JeepForth is better tp://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/22479-My-New-Steeler-Mobile?highlight=jeep (http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/22479-My-New-Steeler-Mobile?highlight=jeep)

I would be concerned if you had a Ben Roethlisberger Fathead in the trunk:p........ not that there's any thing wrong with that ;)

Flasteel
12-11-2014, 09:53 PM
I think your Steelers' jeep is really cool... :tt2

Thanks brah!