PDA

View Full Version : 17, 21, 26, 28, 29

DBR96A
12-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Those are Ben Roethlisberger's TD pass totals from 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 with three games left to play, respectively. This is NOT the sign of a QB whose best days are behind him. Trade him nowhere but here, and give him a blank check for the remainder of the decade.

feltdizz
12-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Those are Ben Roethlisberger's TD pass totals from 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 with three games left to play, respectively. This is NOT the sign of a QB whose best days are behind him. Trade him nowhere but here, and give him a blank check for the remainder of the decade.

I may get frustrated when ugly Ben shows up but I wouldn't trade him for the world. It's been a fun ride and I think he has 5 years left

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Why *does* Bad Ben show up sometimes?

I would chip in $5 if everyone else in Steeler Nation did too, to get him to a sports shrink. How about you guys??:p

JAR
12-08-2014, 02:29 PM
Did you see bad Peyton yesterday?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-08-2014, 02:31 PM

Yeah, well we *EXPECT* bad peyton to show up in important games, don't we!:lol:

Eich
12-08-2014, 02:35 PM

I would chip in $5 if everyone else in Steeler Nation did too, to get him to a sports shrink. How about you guys??:p

While funny, I think he could really use the sports shrink. Something goes wrong with him at times. We clearly know he has all the physical tools and when he's on, he's on fire.

Even yesterday, he had accuracy problems for a while. A guy at this point in his career shouldn't have to be reminded of mechanics. Something is causing him to make mental mistakes, which translate into mechanical ones. Could be something in his personal life.

SidSmythe
12-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Always Pay your Franchise QB until an Andrew Luck is available to take his spot.

feltdizz
12-08-2014, 03:01 PM

it's cold and the playoffs are around the corner. This is when Peyton starts being Peyton.

phillyesq
12-08-2014, 03:12 PM
it's cold and the playoffs are around the corner. This is when Peyton starts being Peyton.

As I saw somebody point out elsewhere, Peyton doesn't just choke in the real playoffs. He also chokes in the fantasy playoffs, which typically start in week 14.

JAR
12-08-2014, 03:35 PM

If Peyton keeps it up and drops 2 games the number two seed is in reach for the Steelers :tt1

legend of polamalu
12-08-2014, 04:04 PM

Bad Ben shows up because of his success on the field. You win a lot and some guys get content. It is why we lose so much to the bad teams.
You can tell he looks a little bored playing the Raiders. Needs to find a way to get up for the bad teams to.

Slapstick
12-08-2014, 04:50 PM
How can it be boring when you are getting it handed to you?!?

NJ-STEELER
12-09-2014, 12:23 AM
Bad Ben shows up because of his success on the field. You win a lot and some guys get content. It is why we lose so much to the bad teams.
You can tell he looks a little bored playing the Raiders. Needs to find a way to get up for the bad teams to.

sorry, but thats such BS
as said, peyton struggled yesterday. brady struggled early yesterday
some of you guys act like other QB play perfect mistake free games

bostonsteeler
12-09-2014, 12:33 AM

I have a theory. I think that if the team comes out throwing too many horizontal passes early, it puts Ben out of rhythm. You will note this to be true in many of the games where he's played badly.

RuthlessBurgher
12-10-2014, 03:20 PM
If I were Ben's sports shrink, I would advise him not to bang his throwing wrist off of another player's wrist early in a game, because that could lead to a bunch of overthrown passes.

feltdizz
12-10-2014, 03:52 PM
sorry, but thats such BS
as said, peyton struggled yesterday. brady struggled early yesterday
some of you guys act like other QB play perfect mistake free games

ehh.. I agree that all QB's make mistakes and have bad games but Ben tends to have more of them vs bad teams.

I think he does play up AND down to competition at times.

fordfixer
12-10-2014, 08:39 PM
If I were Ben's sports shrink, I would advise him not to bang his throwing wrist off of another player's wrist early in a game, because that could lead to a bunch of overthrown passes.
Ben is married with two kids, he ain't banging much of anything any more ;)

BradshawsHairdresser
12-10-2014, 08:42 PM
I have a theory. I think that if the team comes out throwing too many horizontal passes early, it puts Ben out of rhythm. You will note this to be true in many of the games where he's played badly.

I think that has often been the case. Need to get him throwing a few passes downfield early on.

papillon
12-10-2014, 10:40 PM

He's still allowed to bang his hand. That isn't infidelity. :p

Pappy

Snatch98
12-10-2014, 10:56 PM

Exactly. The times we see bad Ben are the times he's playing hurt. Upshaw hit beginning of the year, then his wrist. I'm grateful that we have such a tough qb but because he is who he is and his pain tolerance is through the roof we see the occasional bad Ben. He lays it all on the line each Sunday.

NJ-STEELER
12-11-2014, 01:00 AM
ehh.. I agree that all QB's make mistakes and have bad games but Ben tends to have more of them vs bad teams.

I think he does play up AND down to competition at times.

he has more of them then they do because the team has more of them then the broncos and pats do

NJ-STEELER
12-11-2014, 01:00 AM

maybe his head

lol