PDA

View Full Version : You can blame Haley for this BS.

Steelhere10
12-07-2014, 04:18 PM
Playing conservative, all those possessions goes to waste. But the Bengals keep going for the throat.

Steelhere10
12-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Plus Ikey just suck.

hawaiiansteel
12-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Plus Ikey just suck.

Haley's fault...

RobinCole
12-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Was the pass to Bryant conservative?

Shawn
12-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Yeah he sucks, 7 minutes left and they have only scored 35. :rolleyes:

Steelhere10
12-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Was the pass to Bryant conservative?Great call, but those third downs was pathetic.

Shawn
12-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Nix that...42 points. Fire Haley!

Steelhere10
12-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Maybe I need to keep having these premature ejack, because everytime we pull out the win.

feltdizz
12-07-2014, 05:07 PM
42 points.. fire Haley.

Moonie
12-07-2014, 05:19 PM
We crushed the living piss out of that scumbag team. Feels good, in one's balls.

Shawn
12-07-2014, 05:22 PM
This has been a good football weekend for a Steeler/Buckeye fan.

Oviedo
12-07-2014, 05:27 PM
42 points.. fire Haley.

Yes. By all means fire Haley and keep our legendary Def Coord whose defense looks like JV. But then again it is the offenses fault.

Slapstick
12-07-2014, 05:27 PM

Oh, hell yes!

Our teams put up 101 points!!

SidSmythe
12-07-2014, 05:31 PM
SteelHere def has issues.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Yes. By all means fire Haley and keep our legendary Def Coord whose defense looks like JV. But then again it is the offenses fault.

Lol

your obsession with DL is sad

Starlifter
12-07-2014, 06:16 PM
The offense was very good today. I don't know how it can been seen any other way. great running game, possession catches and some splash plays. I felt they needed 35 to win the game. they got 42. I don't know how that bears any criticism.

the defense was bad. well, I say the secondary was bad. I thought the line and the LB's did a decent job.

Ike needed to come out.

oh, and edmund nelson on the point after is a low class jaggov for what he said about ike. He's a great steeler and for 10 solid years has been a shutdown corner. yes, his play has significantly dropped off - but respect the man for what he's done.

what the hell did edmund nelson ever do???

AzStillers1989
12-07-2014, 06:18 PM
The offense was very good today. I don't know how it can been seen any other way. great running game, possession catches and some splash plays. I felt they needed 35 to win the game. they got 42. I don't know how that bears any criticism.

the defense was bad. well, I say the secondary was bad. I thought the line and the LB's did a decent job.

Ike needed to come out.

oh, and edmund nelson on the point after is a low class jaggov for what he said about ike. He's a great steeler and for 10 solid years has been a shutdown corner. yes, his play has significantly dropped off - but respect the man for what he's done.

what the hell did edmund nelson ever do???
who and/or what is Edmund nelson??

BradshawsHairdresser
12-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Haley should suck like this every week.

fordfixer
12-07-2014, 06:20 PM
who and/or what is Edmund nelson??
And what did he say?

Moonie
12-07-2014, 06:20 PM
Agreed. Who the hell is Edmund Nelson? What did he say? Link?

Starlifter
12-07-2014, 06:22 PM
on the post game show with Bob Pompeani and Edmund Nelson, Pomp said 'I think Ike was pulled for an injury'

Nelson replied, 'yep, his feelings were hurt after getting torched all day'.

true or not, low class in my opinion.

fordfixer
12-07-2014, 06:24 PM
on the post game show with Bob Pompeani and Edmund Nelson, Pomp said 'I think Ike was pulled for an injury'

I agree low class................. But funny ..,.......sorry

BradshawsHairdresser
12-07-2014, 06:24 PM

It was true. But you're right, he probably shouldn't have said it.

buccoray61
12-07-2014, 06:28 PM
That's State Farm agent Edmond Nelson to yinz.

Starlifter
12-07-2014, 06:28 PM
I agree low class................. But funny ..,.......sorry

it was funny. I had said something similar in the living room when it happened. But I'm not on TV speaking to thousands.

As I said, true or not - Ike has been a great steeler. His run as a player merits a level of respect that edmund nelson failed to give.

pop quiz, what position did edmund play? how many can answer that without wiki? (if he even has a wiki page).

Flasteel
12-07-2014, 06:29 PM
It was true. But you're right, he probably shouldn't have said it.

Why not. What is so disrespectful of that comment? Ike is and has been terrible. It's Nelson's job to call it like it is. Not only was it a funny statement, but it rings 100% true. Once Ike left the game, they had only one downfield completion. Ike simply sucks. Love everything about the guy, but his game.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-07-2014, 06:35 PM
Why not. What is so disrespectful of that comment? Ike is and has been terrible. It's Nelson's job to call it like it is. Not only was it a funny statement, but it rings 100% true. Once Ike left the game, they had only one downfield completion. Ike simply sucks. Love everything about the guy, but his game.

Thing is, the Steelers' secondary is paper thin, and we could well be seeing a lot of Ike (unfortunately). Are there any FA corners out there that the Steelers could pick up? It seems there would have to be someone out there who is better than Ike is at this point.

Mr.wizard
12-07-2014, 06:40 PM
Im fine with Gay, McCain, Blake, Mitchell, and honestly if we could get Thomas to replace Troy I think we would be serviceable.

NJ-STEELER
12-07-2014, 06:50 PM
obviously i wont complain about the offense, and no hind sight cause i wasnt complaining during the game either

but i would love to see a little more play action earlier in the game. we saw it on 2 TDs today. it should be lethal with a guy like bell back there

Moonie
12-07-2014, 06:56 PM
Edmund Nelson is a ponk.

feltdizz
12-07-2014, 07:03 PM
I don't see the problem with his joke... it's funny and it's true.

Iron City Inc.
12-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Steelers n Steelers west. Congrats on your OSU monster win.
That Bryant play today I could watch over n over. Tuitt had a nice game today as well. Nice to see the young guys making a contribution.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-07-2014, 07:27 PM
Steelers n Steelers west. Congrats on your OSU monster win.
That Bryant play today I could watch over n over. Tuitt had a nice game today as well. Nice to see the young guys making a contribution.

Here's to hoping both Bryant and Tuitt seize their opportunities and never look back, having outstanding Steelers careers from this point forward. :tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:t t1:tt1:tt1:tt1

BradshawsHairdresser
12-07-2014, 07:45 PM
More obvious than ever that if this team is going to make any kind of run this season, the offense is going to have to carry it. I hope we see consistently good play from the O from this point forward.

Oviedo
12-07-2014, 08:01 PM
Lol

your obsession with DL is sad
As opposed to an obsession defending LeBeau no matter how he continues to fail when no other coach would be given a pass for the way his defense is performing. Eddie--its two sides of the same coin. There is just as much "obsession" on this board blindly defending LeBeau and trying to redirect blame as any criticisms I make.

Arians (was), Haley, Tomlin and Colbert are crucified on this board weekly and rarely do we see the "hate baiters" coming out in defense of them to the extent that we see anytime we simply frankly state that LeBeau is failing in his responsibility to put a quality defense on the field. There is always an excuse for LeBeau, but excuses aren't going to make this defense better. We are not going to make it better by endlessly using 1st round draft picks to continue to give him players until it's "just right" like Goldilocks tasting the bear's porridge or beds.

You and I will never agree on most things but even you have to see Lebeau has no answers except give me new players. Is that practical? Do we sell out on the 2015 draft for defense? We won't know what they can do to 2016 or 2017 the way things work. We need a fresh look and someone who is willing to do things different with what players we do have.

Oviedo
12-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Here's to hoping both Bryant and Tuitt seize their opportunities and never look back, having outstanding Steelers careers from this point forward. :tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:t t1:tt1:tt1:tt1

Tuitt should had been out there 4 weeks ago. Imagine how much better he would be now with 4 weeks of significant game experience under his belt. Can't say Cam Thomas was playing well.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-07-2014, 08:06 PM
If the Steelers are waiting to acquire the same kind of players that made their D work 6 to 10 years ago, they'll be waiting a long time, IMO. Time for them to re-think their approach.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Tuitt should had been out there 4 weeks ago. Imagine how much better would be now with 4 weeks of significant game experience under his belt. Can't say Cam Thomas was playing well.
$$$$$
I was starting to think Cam possessed incriminating pictures of the coaches or something.

I think Tuitt could be special.

Oviedo
12-07-2014, 08:12 PM
If the Steelers are waiting to acquire the same kind of players that made their D work 6 to 10 years ago, they'll be waiting a long time, IMO. Time for them to re-think their approach.
That has been the point I have made for the past 3-4 years. The Achilles Heel to LeBeau's defense was always going to be talent replacement. Too many conversions have to work "just right." Have to find the "just right" dominant NT that everyone else using the 3-4 is also looking for. This defense will be the same as it is now for a long time unless we do something different.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-07-2014, 08:15 PM
As opposed to an obsession defending LeBeau no matter how he continues to fail when no other coach would be given a pass for the way his defense is performing. Eddie--its two sides of the same coin. There is just as much "obsession" on this board blindly defending LeBeau and trying to redirect blame as any criticisms I make.

Arians (was), Haley, Tomlin and Colbert are crucified on this board weekly and rarely do we see the "hate baiters" coming out in defense of them to the extent that we see anytime we simply frankly state that LeBeau is failing in his responsibility to put a quality defense on the field. There is always an excuse for LeBeau, but excuses aren't going to make this defense better. We are not going to make it better by endlessly using 1st round draft picks to continue to give him players until it's "just right" like Goldilocks tasting the bear's porridge or beds.

You and I will never agree on most things but even you have to see Lebeau has no answers except give me new players. Is that practical? Do we sell out on the 2015 draft for defense? We won't know what they can do to 2016 or 2017 the way things work. We need a fresh look and someone who is willing to do things different with what players we do have.

Jeez Louise dude, I agree with you. This defense needs a fresh pair of eyes, a couple of talented new players, and maybe Tomlin can pitch in and lend some help, for gods sake. It needs all of that because this defense stinks.

There's just no need into turning every thread in a an anti-lebeau tirade. that's crash level and I like to think you are better than that

Oviedo
12-07-2014, 08:20 PM
Jeez Louise dude, I agree with you. This defense needs a fresh pair of eyes, a couple of talented new players, and maybe Tomlin can pitch in and lend some help, for gods sake. It needs all of that because this defense stinks.

There's just no need into turning every thread in a an anti-lebeau tirade. that's crash level and I like to think you are better than that
I appreciate and understand that point of view. I simply responded to a thread that was prematurely ripping the Off Coord of a offense that scored 42 points while ignoring the JV level play of the defense. Thank God Dalton fell apart in the 2nd half.

hawaiiansteel
12-07-2014, 08:23 PM
Alex Kozora @Alex_Kozora
ยท
First time in Steelers' history they've had a 300+ yard passer and 185+ yard rusher. #Steelers

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora

Eddie Spaghetti
12-07-2014, 08:23 PM
Hey, I'm frustrated as hell too

And worried like hell as to what Atlanta will do to this secondary next week

Oviedo
12-07-2014, 08:25 PM

Hopefully Taylor doesn't get the "knows the system" start and we put Blake back there. He impressed me today more than any other game.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-07-2014, 08:27 PM
I would sign Cason and dump Webb. If Webb can't crack the lineup with these guys, that speaks volumes

try something different, can't be any worse

Oviedo
12-07-2014, 08:31 PM
try something different

Therein lies the point I continue to make about the defense. While the FO would have to make the signing, the guy who would make that decision to insert someone new in the line up is too set in his ways unless an injury forces his hand...see Tuitt because of Kiesel.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Not gonna disagree there. Mitchell's break this guy down and relearn everything stance grew tiresome a few years ago. Always agreed with you on that.

I just don't believe they operate in a vacuum as you do. Tomlin is the head coach, and not as neutered as some here suggest. Therefore the buck stops with him, IMO. Big off season coming up for him I believe.

Iron City Inc.
12-07-2014, 08:56 PM

They are going to get their yards and completions. We are just going to have to score more. It may look very much like today.

Sugar
12-07-2014, 11:32 PM

They are a team that is contending for a playoff berth at home. That doesn't scare me as much as the fact that they have a losing record and the Steelers just won a big game.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-08-2014, 12:51 AM
They are a team that is contending for a playoff berth at home. That doesn't scare me as much as the fact that they have a losing record and the Steelers just won a big game.
Yep. Perfect Steelers play-down scenario.

JAR
12-08-2014, 09:48 AM
No Steelers team has ever scored 30 or more points eight times in a season. yes, Haley is the problem.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-08-2014, 10:17 AM
No Steelers team has ever scored 30 or more points eight times in a season. yes, Haley is the problem.

have to be careful comparing number of points per game with the past, the rules had changed so much that might lead to some iffy conclusions.

Also, there have been a bunch of games over the years where the offense laid an egg, and arguably that kept us out of the playoffs. Would Haley be as responsible for those games as he would for the 30+ point games?

I have absolutely no idea how we can look so bad on offense as we do sometimes, given the firepower we have. It's it our players sleepwalking? ... is it a bad job by the OC in drawing up plays? I honestly have no idea how to answer that.

feltdizz
12-08-2014, 10:19 AM
every time steeler10 starts one of these post during a game the offense comes to life

Shawn
12-08-2014, 11:22 AM
No Steelers team has ever scored 30 or more points eight times in a season. yes, Haley is the problem. Haley has never been the problem despite popular opinion amongst Steeler fans.

Steelhere10
12-08-2014, 12:14 PM
every time steeler10 starts one of these post during a game the offense comes to life yep it's called my premature ejack thread. Lol

Steelhere10
12-08-2014, 12:16 PM
I think I'm 3-0 on these.

feltdizz
12-08-2014, 12:16 PM
yep it's called my premature ejack thread. Lol

keep doing them please.

Steelhere10
12-08-2014, 12:21 PM
I have to feel it, so it won't be fake. But it's coming back.

feltdizz
12-08-2014, 12:23 PM
I have to feel it, so it won't be fake. But it's coming back.

LOL.... now that's funny.