PDA

View Full Version : Steelers @ Titans MNF

K Train
11-13-2014, 02:38 PM
It is the last time we will get to see the steelers on primetime (until the superbowl). I love when the steelers play on Monday night though.

Few interesting matchups i see:

We could go on and on about the "lebeau record vs rookie QBs" but Mettenberger is a very strong armed QB who doesnt move all that well. I thought the steelers were interested in taking him had he fallen (thought he was all but a lock to Houston and Tennessee in the second round to be honest) and i think had the steelers no blown a pick on landry jones they would have looked his direction.

Kendall Wright is an underneath target, a highly unimpressive player imo. Justin Hunter is essentially what I thought Martavis Bryant was....a tall, lanky WR that has a weak build, suspect hands and effort, and a poor route runner. That being said he and Nate Washington can still get deep.

Their oline is very interesting...its not good, but its not bad, but by the names it should be amazing. Taylor Lewan is a 6-8 rookie tackle that will be squaring off vs 5-11 James Harrison. The interior has Levitre (stud), Schwenke (solid player) and Warmack (massive underacheiver...was touted as "best in a decade" guard last year). Levitre and Schewnke can move pretty well, they will draw a lot of Tuitt, Thomas, and Mccullers....but the dreamy matchups are going to come on the right side. Heyward who has played very well and very poorly this year needs to be more consistent snap to snap, but he and worilds should dominate Oher and Warmack on the right, especially in the passing game.

On offense the steelers have some great matchups...Brown on Mccourtey and Bryant/Wheaton on BWW. They have a decent interior dline and a pretty unspectacular set of ends.

RuthlessBurgher
11-13-2014, 02:43 PM
It is the last time we will get to see the steelers on primetime (until the superbowl).

We have two matchups against Cincy coming up with potential division title implications...either one could be flexed onto SNF, I would imagine.

flippy
11-14-2014, 09:11 AM
It is the last time we will get to see the steelers on primetime (until the superbowl).

I see what you did there. Love that optimism ;)

The only thing that I don't like about MNF is that I now have no excuse not to rake leaves and do some yardwork on Sunday.

Discipline of Steel
11-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Despite the talk of losing to inferior teams, the Steelers actually have a very good record on MNF if i recall correctly.
Plus we are back on the alternating good/bad program...so Im going to predict we finally dominate an inferior team in this game.

RuthlessBurgher
11-14-2014, 11:06 AM
Plus we are back on the alternating good/bad program.

If we lost to the Colts, we would still be on the win-loss-win-loss-win-loss all season long.

WindyCitySteel
11-15-2014, 11:22 AM
Already overlooking them. When you hear talk like this, it's too late. They "know" they should beat this team. Expect another safe game plan and a stunned team when the Titans punch them in the mouth.

“We have to approach it like every other game, because every team has good players,” tight end Heath Miller said. “I haven't looked at too many rosters and said, ‘Hey, this is an easy game.' ”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/7124347-74/defensive-steelers-game#ixzz3J9QPdG6U

BradshawsHairdresser
11-15-2014, 11:44 AM
If the Steelers turtle up on offense and/or go to the vanilla D, they'll likely lose. If they go on the attack, they should win (when they go into their "safe" game plans, they actually seem to commit more turnovers on offense, and get fewer on D).

Attacking Steelers 33, Titans 13

or

Lame Steelers 17, Titans 24

WindyCitySteel
11-15-2014, 11:52 AM
If the latter happens, changes need to be made during the bye week. Re: more turnovers, I think it's because they're pressing. Ben was looking to make a play on that bad INT in triple coverage. He didn't try anything remotely that stupid in the previous three games. AB was trying to make a play on that foolish punt handle that he would normally let bounce.

The first AB fumble was a brain dead play call - a WR screen in the middle of the DL. He got hit by a very large man and fumbled. Shocker.

Slapstick
11-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Players have to be smarter than that.

sick beats
11-15-2014, 05:13 PM

Coaches shouldn't put them in a position where the players have to panic. The play calling was pathetic on both sides of the ball, Slappy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1GgVE5sbQA

DukieBoy
11-15-2014, 06:27 PM
I see what you did there. Love that optimism ;)

The only thing that I don't like about MNF is that I now have no excuse not to rake leaves and do some yardwork on Sunday.

Or shovel snow, which we are getting in abundance today. It's on its was southeast from here.

WindyCitySteel
11-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Coaches shouldn't put them in a position where the players have to panic. The play calling was pathetic on both sides of the ball, Slappy.

If Slappy ran a restaurant, he'd provide rancid horse meat to the chef and then blame the chef for executing the steak poorly after customers complained.

bostonsteeler
11-16-2014, 12:07 PM

Players shouldn't be put in a position where the slightest flagging of continuous vigilance ends in disaster.

RuthlessBurgher
11-16-2014, 06:04 PM
If Slappy ran a restaurant, he'd provide rancid horse meat to the chef and then blame the chef for executing the steak poorly after customers complained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvHk4wLtQnE

Shawn
11-16-2014, 06:12 PM
Steelers are Monday night beasts. They win this one with ease 27-13.

fordfixer
11-16-2014, 06:21 PM
Steelers 2 Titans 0

Slapstick
11-16-2014, 10:16 PM

Yep. That's what I'd do...very astute...

Except, in this analogy, the players would work better as the steak and the chef would work better as the coach...

If you're going to attempt to be insulting, at least use an analogy that doesn't work better for my argument...:rolleyes: