PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger=Andy Dalton

NorthCoast
11-09-2014, 07:55 PM
At least for this week. As much as he has been praised the last few weeks, he played like A Dalton reincarnated. THought maybe after the roughing call against the Jets he would get angry and play like a demon but alas, no.

7 UP
11-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Did you watch the Bengals game the other night? Not even close.

NorthCoast
11-09-2014, 08:03 PM
Did you watch the Bengals game the other night? Not even close.

OK. I was being a bit harsh. But the Bad Ben of early in the season definitely showed its head again today. Just not sure whether to blame Bad Ben or Bad WRs... especially the Steelers #1 WR.

buccoray61
11-09-2014, 08:12 PM
OK. I was being a bit harsh. But the Bad Ben of early in the season definitely showed its head again today. Just not sure whether to blame Bad Ben or Bad WRs... especially the Steelers #1 WR.

This was a total team fail,top to bottom.

NJ-STEELER
11-09-2014, 10:56 PM
AJ green wishes he had someone like ben

dalton has a #3 overall pick in WR and a big , fast WR drafted in the 2nd. 2 recent !st rd TEs.
ben has to hope the FO pulls gems out of their arse , which they did with AB and now hopefully with matarvis

SS Laser
11-10-2014, 12:18 AM
AJ green wishes he had someone like ben

dalton has a #3 overall pick in WR and a big , fast WR drafted in the 2nd. 2 recent !st rd TEs.
ben has to hope the FO pulls gems out of their arse , which they did with AB and now hopefully with matarvis Well that is the better way to build a team I think. Have a stud QB and find some gems for him. Seems to have worked well for a few years now.

NJ-STEELER
11-10-2014, 12:27 AM
or maybe draft some top level talent to help him, like most teams do

steelblood
11-10-2014, 12:06 PM
Ben threw some awful balls in this one. That is a common ingredient in our loses. However, he had no running game, horrendous playcalling (you can't constantly screen a team whose strength is their front 7), shoddy protection, and poor efforts from receivers (some leading to turnovers). They deserved to lose.

SS Laser
11-10-2014, 12:20 PM
or maybe draft some top level talent to help him, like most teams do The NFL Draft is NOTHING but a gamble. You can scout all you want and still lose out more times then not in the first rd. Smokey Holmes was MONEY at times but was he REALLY a 1st rd WR? Maybe in TALENT but not in heart as I see it. Plus the Steelers have tried to use 1st rd pick to help Ben. Most has been O-Line and I am not sure how that has worked for them. If there was a draft for players every time there contract came up I bet AB goes 1st rd now. Heath was 1st rd and has played like it. Bell could have went 1st rd I think now seeing him. Not sure what you want?

feltdizz
11-10-2014, 12:20 PM

Does Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc have top level around them that they drafted at WR?

I don't know the answer to all of them but I know the Pats SUCK at drafting WR gems in the draft.

RuthlessBurgher
11-10-2014, 02:24 PM

Are you really questioning the talent level we have on offense? Really? We have sufficient talent on offense to absolutely DOMINATE. Did you just come out of a 3 week coma that coincided with our recent 3 game homestand?

feltdizz
11-10-2014, 03:22 PM
Are you really questioning the talent level we have on offense? Really? We have sufficient talent on offense to absolutely DOMINATE. Did you just come out of a 3 week coma that coincided with our recent 3 game homestand?

I think he is suggesting drafting WR's in the first 2 rounds the next 3 years....

Captain Lemming
11-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Does Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc have top level around them that they drafted at WR?

I don't know the answer to all of them but I know the Pats SUCK at drafting WR gems in the draft.

Heck Brady and Manning fight over our REJECTS (Sanders) :)

NJ-STEELER
11-10-2014, 05:35 PM

no, yes, and yes

manning has had it his whole career. rodgers gets a 2nd roundrer it seems every year (higher then any receiver we've drafted)

we've seen 1st hand what a guy like bryant is doing for this offense but he's extremely raw. we passed up a ready to play version of him in benjamin to draft yet another top pick at linebacker.

good thing shazier is helping this team out a lot

NJ-STEELER
11-10-2014, 05:38 PM
I think he is suggesting drafting WR's in the first 2 rounds the next 3 years....

i'm suggesting we've wasted years in not drafting the types of receivers we see dominate in today's game. at the expense of having a franchise QB to boot.

we see how the team is built. thru defense. but after a bad game, everyone wants to compare the offense's output to the peyton's rodger's brees of the world.

build the team like that and then compare if you want to complain

fezziwig
11-10-2014, 05:48 PM
We do pretty well with selecting receivers in my opinion. I thought Ernie Mills and Jeff Grahm could have been more of a threat if Neil O'Donnell could throw a long ball.

feltdizz
11-10-2014, 08:29 PM
no, yes, and yes

manning has had it his whole career. rodgers gets a 2nd roundrer it seems every year (higher then any receiver we've drafted)

we've seen 1st hand what a guy like bryant is doing for this offense but he's extremely raw. we passed up a ready to play version of him in benjamin to draft yet another top pick at linebacker.

good thing shazier is helping this team out a lot

Benjamin is good but he drops a lot of easy passes. He isn't much better than Bryant IMO. He is a possession WR who he lacks speed but makes up for it in size.

Bryant could also start day 1 on the Panthers. They were paper thin at WR when they drafted him.

NJ-STEELER
11-10-2014, 08:36 PM
wheaton and J brown starting early in the year doesnt really suggest a strength at wide reciver

SS Laser
11-11-2014, 01:59 AM
wheaton and J brown starting early in the year doesnt really suggest a strength at wide reciver You are correct there. But take a WR to high and were do you find the other players we have used #1's on. The later picks on O line was not working out a few years ago. Many threads about that on here. Good D-line men and LB's have a premium also with so many 3-4 D's now. It is not all about the offense. But put up 2 even 3 really good even elite QB games with the WR's that are here and when the offense can't keep up with a "bad" team it looks bad so people will complain about that. Also AB is not dominate when he is not fumbling the game away? Looked real good the last 2 seasons. Heck Sanders is looking better then he did here also this season.