PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Available...

pfelix73
10-24-2014, 12:24 PM
I thought I'd post this in case anyone is looking for tickets to this weekend's game:

Copy of email from the ticket office:

Dear Steelers Fan,

We wanted to notify you that we have received a limited number of tickets for this Sunday's game back from our opponent, the Indianapolis Colts.

To purchase these tickets, please click here (http://click.tmclient.ticketmaster.com/?qs=3d16578b653d4cfd94567dc2d86eca3a43cad130da485f e7d8e00ace64a31b0d8855646f3db07dec) or the link below to be connected to Ticketmaster.com or call the Ticketmaster National Sales line at 1-800-745-3000.

sick beats
10-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Dear Fan:

Also, you should know that 1,000's and 1,000's of tickets will be sold by scalpers at the game. The myth of games being sold out for 20 years is a lie.

RuthlessBurgher
10-24-2014, 01:35 PM
Dear Fan:

Also, you should know that 1,000's and 1,000's of tickets will be sold by scalpers at the game. The myth of games being sold out for 20 years is a lie.

The scalpers had to buy those tickets from the team, so the Rooneys have the $$ for every seat in Heinz for every game, no matter whether they are bought by fans or scalpers. A sell out means all of the tickets have been sold by the team. That is absolute truth, not a myth.

sick beats
10-24-2014, 01:40 PM
The scalpers had to buy those tickets from the team, so the Rooneys have the $$ for every seat in Heinz for every game, no matter whether they are bought by fans or scalpers. A sell out means all of the tickets have been sold by the team. That is absolute truth, not a myth.

"Sold out" gives the impression that every seat will be filled. That is not true. A huge % have to be re-sold, and if they aren't that seat will be empty. There is no scarcity of tickets - that is the point. The Rooneys try to sell the scarcity story, and they lie when they do.

RuthlessBurgher
10-24-2014, 01:49 PM
"Sold out" gives the impression that every seat will be filled. That is not true. A huge % have to be re-sold, and if they aren't that seat will be empty. There is no scarcity of tickets - that is the point. The Rooneys try to sell the scarcity story, and they lie when they do.

Sold means sold. The tickets were sold. With eBay and Stubhub and Ticketmaster Ticket Exchange as well as the good old fashioned scalpers on the street there really is not a scarcity of tickets to any event anymore. Do we have to get into a Clintonesque debate as to what the meaning of the word "is" is?

sick beats
10-24-2014, 02:11 PM
Sold means sold. The tickets were sold. With eBay and Stubhub and Ticketmaster Ticket Exchange as well as the good old fashioned scalpers on the street there really is not a scarcity of tickets to any event anymore. Do we have to get into a Clintonesque debate as to what the meaning of the word "is" is?

Naw, I think you should just obsess over my free perks more. It's quite funny.

RobinCole
10-24-2014, 02:21 PM
"I'm just giddy that Jacksonville fans put Pittsburgh to shame."

pfelix73
10-24-2014, 04:28 PM
Well, if one goes on ticketmaster's website, they will still see tickets available to the general public for certain games. There have always been 'singles' available to New Orleans, and were for the TB game as well. Now it looks like there are some for the Indy game. I do know this-- there are a crap load of tickets- practically every section in the upper deck has rows upon rows of seats left for sale for the KC game.

These have been on sale since they were released to the general public in June. Now, with that said, I'm sort of confused as to why they can say they are sold out as well. Were they all season ticket holders tickets, that they didn't want? If so, then the season ticket holder would've been made to pay for them, (thus a sellout) but one would think these would be for sale via season ticket holders, but they are for sale via the ticket office on tickemaster.... Confused? I am.