PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the AFC North basement

WindyCitySteel
10-12-2014, 03:27 PM
Get comfortable, it's going to be a long stay. This team has stupid coaches and a crap roster, with no solution in sight. I hope they go 3-13, flush the entire staff, trade Ben for picks, get rid of Troy, Keisel, Deebo, and Ike, and get the rebuild underway.

This is currently the worst team in football.

Moonie
10-12-2014, 03:31 PM
We suck. We suck bad. We suck fish piss.

The Steelers have failed their loyal fans. We should sue them. All of them.

Ernie
10-12-2014, 03:33 PM
I think you are right Windy..

Sword
10-12-2014, 03:35 PM
I had to turn it off...I couldn't take anymore :<(

WVSteelerfan
10-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Maybe not the worst, but with everything considered, certainly not in the top half. This is embarrassing. The Clowns defense is not that good. We have just totally fallen apart on offense. Play calling has been untimely and terrible all day. Drops by Wheaton, Lance Moore, Justin Brown failing to get his feet down, poor decisions by Ben, it's a freakin' train wreck. I don't even know where you'd start to fix this mess.

Ernie
10-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Did you see Ben's missed wide open pass to Wheaton in the end zone? x 2???? Seems like a lot of that going on this year.

Place to start maybe? I think it's worthy of discussion. Not saying Ben is the weak point of this team by any means.. but I don't think we pay him another 100 million dollar contract at the end of next year... and have inferior talent in key spots on both sides of the ball (not talking about skilled players on O).

squidkid
10-12-2014, 04:10 PM
well, all the tomlin ass kissers were waiting for him to put his stamp on the team.....................here ya go guys, enjoy

Rara
10-12-2014, 04:13 PM
Just ****ing disgusted right now about how this team played..against the STAINS...****. Who was the one that was giving me **** about starting up the draft thread?

WVSteelerfan
10-12-2014, 04:31 PM
There is enough talent on this team to perform better than that miserable diplay today. We ran well enough, early, to get in a rythym with the right play calling. Haley was the #1 culprit today, followed by BR. Troy pulled off his assignment twice on touchdown plays. Timmons was undoubtedly held on their first running TD or he makes the tackle with very little gain. The INT was not complete. After the INT, Mitchell was called for a pass interference on 3rd down, when the ball was completely past the receiver before any contact. Poor preparation, poor game managment by Haley, poor execution, poor officiating at some crucial points, equals a disaster like the one today.

Slapstick
10-12-2014, 05:53 PM
There is enough talent on this team to perform better than that miserable diplay today. We ran well enough, early, to get in a rythym with the right play calling. Haley was the #1 culprit today, followed by BR. Troy pulled off his assignment twice on touchdown plays. Timmons was undoubtedly held on their first running TD or he makes the tackle with very little gain. The INT was not complete. After the INT, Mitchell was called for a pass interference on 3rd down, when the ball was completely past the receiver before any contact. Poor preparation, poor game managment by Haley, poor execution, poor officiating at some crucial points, equals a disaster like the one today.

All of the above are becoming all too commonplace...

WindyCitySteel
10-12-2014, 07:11 PM
On the postgame show, Charlie Batch said he thinks Haley is calling the plays in the no-huddle, which is why it looks slow now.

Both he and the other host were wondering why Tomlin doesn't stop that from happening, neither had an answer.

What does our head coach do, again, besides look cool in sunglasses?

steelz09
10-12-2014, 07:15 PM
I just can't remember the last time we played this poorly for 3 straight games. It's a damn shame that Mean Joe Greene's jersey is going to be retired during a game that this team is going to play.

WindyCitySteel
10-12-2014, 07:21 PM
I just can't remember the last time we played this poorly for 3 straight games.

Against three bad teams, no less. Cleveland is a bad team, don't believe otherwise. They'll come back to earth at some point.

Tomlin has flown this once great franchise into the ground. It will take several years to recover from the damage he's done.

steelz09
10-12-2014, 07:26 PM
Against three bad teams, no less. Cleveland is a bad team, don't believe otherwise. They'll come back to earth at some point.

Tomlin has flown this once great franchise into the ground. It will take several years to recover from the damage he's done.

Agreed. Anyone that can state that the HC, OC and DC shouldn't be in serious jeopardy of losing their job is oblivious. I've never seen a team that has a franchise QB and talent on both sides of the ball play so bad week to week as this team.

The ONLY unit lacking severe talent on this team is the secondary.

Slapstick
10-12-2014, 07:30 PM
If the team continues to perform as badly as they did today, you will be right. Hopefully, that will not happen.

skyhawk
10-12-2014, 07:35 PM
Agreed. Anyone that can state that the HC, OC and DC shouldn't be in serious jeopardy of losing their job is oblivious. I've never seen a team that has a franchise QB and talent on both sides of the ball play so bad week to week as this team.

Wrong. We also have the worst D line in football. The Browns dominated them.

Shoe
10-12-2014, 07:41 PM

Yes.
If you just watched the (I can't believe I'm saying it) Dallas Cowboys, we should look like them. They have a strong O-line, that they lean on. They have a talented, young bell-cow RB, as do we. They have a game-breaking WR, and a reliable veteran TE. As do we. And we both have a $100 million man at QB. Our defenses are at least comparable. And I'm not even saying Garrett is a good coach.

Point is, they just walked into SEA and beat them. We can't even beat TB in our house, let alone beat CLE on the road! It all speaks to the leadership/direction of the teams.

Shoe
10-12-2014, 07:53 PM

Keisel said this is the best team that he's watched to date (on tape).

skyhawk
10-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Yes.
If you just watched the (I can't believe I'm saying it) Dallas Cowboys, we should look like them. They have a strong O-line, that they lean on. They have a talented, young bell-cow RB, as do we. They have a game-breaking WR, and a reliable veteran TE. As do we. And we both have a $100 million man at QB. Our defenses are at least comparable. And I'm not even saying Garrett is a good coach.

Point is, they just walked into SEA and beat them. We can't even beat TB in our house, let alone beat CLE on the road! It all speaks to the leadership/direction of the teams.

Bryant has the physical ability to go up and make plays on the ball. Something he's better at than AB.

AxnJxn
10-12-2014, 07:57 PM
Yes.

The Dallas example also shows that you can see significant changes in as little as a year later with the right personnel moves. That defense was the worst in the league last year, and one of the worst in history. They are at least serviceable this year, if not more, with respect to points allowed.

Steelhere10
10-12-2014, 07:59 PM

The ONLY unit lacking severe talent on this team is the secondary.I'm with you now, and that's not BEING RACIST because I'm black. Tomlin needs to go and take those two pretenders with him.

Steelhere10
10-12-2014, 08:01 PM
The Dallas example also shows that you can see significant changes in as little as a year later with the right personnel moves. That defense was the worst in the league last year, and one of the worst in history. They are at least serviceable this year, if not more, with respect to points allowed.Guess what their DC and ours had in common last year......... Both were well over 70 years of age, but our owner and HC can't see past the light.

Slapstick
10-12-2014, 09:15 PM
The current Dallas DC is 65. It probably is not age.

Shoe
10-12-2014, 09:18 PM
The current Dallas DC is 65. It probably is not age.

But let's be real. From 65 to 75, A LOT can happen in terms of diminishing. It isn't like comparing a 40-year old and a 50-year old. At that age, things can go south at any time.