PDA

View Full Version : What new coach meets the ROONEY RULE?

steelz09
09-28-2014, 05:47 PM
Let's get rid of Tomlin but first we need to find a potential coach that meets the Rooney rule. Anyone have ideas?

Eddie Spaghetti
09-28-2014, 05:48 PM
wow.

don't you own the board?

RussBII
09-28-2014, 05:48 PM
No racist undertones here at all...

steelz09
09-28-2014, 05:50 PM
I want a new coach and I'm simply asking which coach is best that meets our ownership's Rooney Rule. Perhaps, the Stanford coach?

bostonsteeler
09-28-2014, 05:50 PM
No racist undertones here at all...
None at all. This guy isn't HHH!
Very disappointing to find these people on this board.

steelz09
09-28-2014, 05:52 PM
Very disappointing to find people that speak the truth even though it's not politically correct. Is it politically correct? Absolutely not. Is it the truth. Absolutely.

Slapstick
09-28-2014, 05:54 PM
Very disappointing to find people that speak the truth even though it's not politically correct. Is it politically correct? Absolutely not. Is it the truth. Absolutely.

I hate political correctness...

But, I hate racist undertones even more, intentional or not...

7 UP
09-28-2014, 05:56 PM
Tomlin had nothing to do with two AFC championships and one Super bowl win. Just a black overpaid janitor. If Tomlin gets fired he wont be out of work long no matter what you think of him. And if the next best candidate happens to be black Im all for it.

The Man of Steel
09-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Let's get rid of Tomlin but first we need to find a potential coach that meets the Rooney rule. Anyone have ideas?
James Franklin?

steelz09
09-28-2014, 05:58 PM
I hate political correctness...

But, I hate racist undertones even more, intentional or not...

So are you saying my comment is racist? I don't think so... it's the truth but it can be considered racist to people that are sensitive and can't face the facts.

Slapstick
09-28-2014, 05:59 PM
So are you saying my comment is racist? I don't think so... it's the truth but it can be considered racist to people that are sensitive and can't face the facts.

Or, you just did not mean for it to read the way it did...

steelz09
09-28-2014, 06:00 PM
Tomlin had nothing to do with two AFC championships and one Super bowl win. Just a black overpaid janitor. If Tomlin gets fired he wont be out of work long no matter what you think of him. And if the next best candidate happens to be black Im all for it.

That's cool with me. If he gets hired quickly, I'm happy for him. I don't think he's as difficult to replace as most people think. Kelly wasn't to hard to find for the Eagles, was he?

The Man of Steel
09-28-2014, 06:02 PM
How about this guy? *warning* *profanity*

http://m.961kiss.com/onair/the-morning-freak-show-46988/steelers-lose-to-buccaneers-2724-snoop-12808120/

steelz09
09-28-2014, 06:05 PM
That's cool with me. If he gets hired quickly, I'm happy for him. I don't think he's as difficult to replace as most people think. Kelly wasn't to hard to find for the Eagles, was he?

Nevermind, he doesn't meet the Rooney Rule, I forgot. I think the guy from Stanford may be the guy.

7 UP
09-28-2014, 06:07 PM
Snoop Dog meets the Rooney Rule. Dosent he have a youth football coaching background? Bell and Blount would be stoked to welcome in Snoop as a coach.

7 UP
09-28-2014, 06:08 PM
How about this guy? *warning* *profanity*

http://m.961kiss.com/onair/the-morning-freak-show-46988/steelers-lose-to-buccaneers-2724-snoop-12808120/Snoop Dog meets the Rooney Rule. Dosent he have a youth football coaching background? Bell and Blount would be stoked to welcome in Snoop as a coach.

steelz09
09-28-2014, 06:09 PM
Snoop Dog meets the Rooney Rule. Dosent he have a youth football coaching background? Bell and Blount would be stoked to welcome in Snoop as a coach.

lol... that's true.

feltdizz
09-28-2014, 06:35 PM
wow.

don't you own the board?

Wow indeed

Slapstick
09-28-2014, 06:37 PM

Kelly hasn't done anything....

Steelhere10
09-28-2014, 06:59 PM
I'm down for anyone that has the power to get Dickey L from the headset rather its a Rooney rule or not.

Shawn
09-28-2014, 08:06 PM
This is a fine line we tread. The Rooney rule says nothing about hiring of minority coaches only that you need to include them in the interview process. And IMO that is a good thing, not a bad thing. Do I believe Tomlin was hired because he was black? No. I believe he was hired because he is articulate, bright and has a good football head on his shoulders. And I would certainly say so if I believe he was hired because of his skin color. I have no desire to be PC. With all of that said, this is truly (in Tomlin's words) an undisciplined football team. Is it LeBeau? Is it Haley? Is it Tomin? I honestly don't know at this point but this team has much talent...despite what the apologists say. And they can't be consistent...can't put together a streak of good games...and play down to opponents. They are underachieving and I believe by season end...we will know if someone needs replaced.

Slapstick
09-28-2014, 08:11 PM
This is a fine line we tread. The Rooney rule says nothing about hiring of minority coaches only that you need to include them in the interview process.

Exactly. And the statistics show the need for the rule...

The Man of Steel
09-28-2014, 08:42 PM
The NFL should also stop discriminating against white cornerbacks.

steelz09
09-30-2014, 08:26 PM
BUMP.

Feltdizz:

Buy this program: https://www.hookedonphonics.com/

Then, read my posts in this thread once more time. That should help. Maybe after a little bit of Hooked on Phonics, you'll be able to comprehend posts better. You'll see that I never said anything here that Tomlin wouldn't get fired because he is black.

feltdizz
09-30-2014, 08:40 PM
This is a bad idea dude...

this is a horrible thread.

steelz09
09-30-2014, 08:42 PM
Why? Because it's not politically correct. Who cares? I don't so why do you?

Did you buy the program? Did you read the posts again? Can you show me where I said Tomlin won't get fired because of his race? You can't... because I never said it. Continue making things up if that makes you feel better.

Shoe
09-30-2014, 09:01 PM
The NFL should also stop discriminating against white cornerbacks.

Exactly.
This is the N.F.L. Maybe in the 70's, you could discriminate against races (i.e. black QBs). Maybe.

But in this high a competitive level, no one is turning away the next great prospect because of their race. No white Deion Sanders are sitting on the sidelines right now, because of any bias against them. This is dicey territory now, because it makes it seem like I'm giving the ol' Al Campanis line. I'm not.

I'm just saying that great NFL coaches aren't being eschewed, because of race. It is just too competitive an environment.

birtikidis
09-30-2014, 09:18 PM
Someone went full retard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6WHBO_Qc-Q

steelz09
09-30-2014, 09:23 PM
Get rid of your bitcoin advertisements in your signature. This site doesn't offer free advertising especially for some make-believe currency.

fezziwig
09-30-2014, 10:44 PM
Lets just say we were going to hire a new Steelers head coach. Will the Rooneys go for smash mouth like Cowher, reserved like Tomlin or more wall street type like Noll. Do you think this is part of what motivates them when they are looking at applicants ? I thought Cowhers biggest asset was he wasn't a star NFL player and it required him to know the game and be a hard worker to get to where he made it to. I always thought Jerry Ovsalsky would be a good head coach. Not the most talented player but used his smarts, hard work and desire to overcome against guys that have the natural gifts.