PDA

View Full Version : Another new rule to help Peyton get a ring.

feltdizz
08-14-2014, 01:17 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11335930/nfl-passing-offenses-likely-benefit-penalties-defensive-holding-illegal-contact-increase

Hands off the WR's this year... more flags coming!

fezziwig
08-14-2014, 01:29 PM
yep th nfl hd it'snseu o jointso bdly tat, they cn' chng thruls fas enough. the beie fas a ly impssedwi tchin the score o up anp. I guess a hlook tthprety ligtstype te blv. yion is ti posrboy ju likbray atcheatsar.

fezziwig
08-14-2014, 01:30 PM
glad I got that off my chest

fezziwig
08-14-2014, 01:31 PM
that is how messed up this site is for my post. Myself and others are feeling the same affects. I need to type and re-type to get this dang thing to print correctly.

K Train
08-14-2014, 01:40 PM
yep th nfl hd it'snseu o jointso bdly tat, they cn' chng thruls fas enough. the beie fas a ly impssedwi tchin the score o up anp. I guess a hlook tthprety ligtstype te blv. yion is ti posrboy ju likbray atcheatsar.

glad I got that off my chest

lmao thats great

sick beats
08-14-2014, 02:51 PM

I thought I might be going insane trying to read this.

squidkid
08-14-2014, 02:56 PM
this rule will help us.
the steelers dont play press cover anyways, so we never did take the advantage of being allowed to mug receivers.
like any other rule in the league, which refs are gonna enforce it and for which teams.

Ghost
08-14-2014, 03:01 PM
I believe I saw a stat that said something along the lines of - there were more illegal hands/defensive holding penalties called on defensive backs in the first week of preseason games this year than in all 4 weeks combined in last season's pre-season games. That's insane. I think it's going to make fro choppy, hard to watch, frustrating games controlled by the refs. Just throw it up and you are almost guaranteed a defensive penalty. It's a damn shame.

Slapstick
08-14-2014, 03:05 PM
It decreases the Seahawks' chances of repeating...

The Man of Steel
08-14-2014, 03:33 PM
And here I am still bitching about the Mel Blount Rule.

hausparty
08-14-2014, 03:37 PM
IKE is going to have a hard time this year! Ike is always grabbing someone.

feltdizz
08-14-2014, 03:41 PM
I believe I saw a stat that said something along the lines of - there were more illegal hands/defensive holding penalties called on defensive backs in the first week of preseason games this year than in all 4 weeks combined in last season's pre-season games. That's insane. I think it's going to make fro choppy, hard to watch, frustrating games controlled by the refs. Just throw it up and you are almost guaranteed a defensive penalty. It's a damn shame.

this is going to extend a ton of drives...

3rd and 35? No problem, throw it deep and watch the ref walk teams down field.

sick beats
08-14-2014, 03:56 PM
this rule will help us.
the steelers dont play press cover anyways, so we never did take the advantage of being allowed to mug receivers.
like any other rule in the league, which refs are gonna enforce it and for which teams.

Excellent point.

K Train
08-14-2014, 03:57 PM
IKE is going to have a hard time this year! Ike is always grabbing someone.

Not really....

sick beats
08-14-2014, 03:58 PM
Oh, flags are going to fly like confetti this year. Have you seen any of the preseason games? 50% of every pass play gets flags. Where did this drive for tighter calls come from? I say it's from Denver getting thoroughly trashed in the SB. Their poster boy got whooped. That's why this is happening.

K Train
08-14-2014, 04:02 PM
I think people are overreacting

RuthlessBurgher
08-14-2014, 04:31 PM
I thought I might be going insane trying to read this.

Fezziwig must have been confused, since most of the words he was writing came from French. ;)

feltdizz
08-14-2014, 08:19 PM
I think people are overreacting

The offense already has a ton of advantages...

Bluto
08-14-2014, 08:31 PM
When I first saw the thread I though it was either Denver plays in only Domes or there is to be no wind at kick off for a Bronco Game or it will be postponed do to dangerous weather. Yaeh guess that is a shot at your boy Manny who's arm looks like it is getting weak from a guy who has always thrown an ugly ball. I hope we get to see the Broncos this year in the play offs . Would love for Ben to have a chance to stick it up Denvers back side like he has done before..

K Train
08-14-2014, 11:01 PM
The offense already has a ton of advantages...

Which has been the case isn't going anywhere. Yet defense still reigned supreme lately

Oviedo
08-15-2014, 06:35 AM
Every other QB in the league, including Ben, gets the same benefits of that that same rule. The question is whether they exploit that and gear their offense to taking advanatage or whether they play a style of football that was more appropriate 20 years ago.

The really success teams will exploit the rules and not complain about them.

feltdizz
08-15-2014, 08:27 AM
Every other QB in the league, including Ben, gets the same benefits of that that same rule. The question is whether they exploit that and gear their offense to taking advanatage or whether they play a style of football that was more appropriate 20 years ago.

The really success teams will exploit the rules and not complain about them.

I will complain about them regardless of who it benefits...

I damn sure will take any flags that benefits us but I have no problem admitting a ref made a bad call in our favor.

Eich
08-15-2014, 08:30 AM
Every other QB in the league, including Ben, gets the same benefits of that that same rule.

That's true when game are officiated consistently. I don't know about you, but it feels to me like Ben rarely gets the same benefits that other QBs do, particularly the golden-boyz.

feltdizz
08-15-2014, 08:46 AM
That's true when game are officiated consistently. I don't know about you, but it feels to me like Ben rarely gets the same benefits that other QBs do, particularly the golden-boyz.

yep, my concern is watching other games and seeing Brady and Peyton get bailed out of 3rd and longs.

papillon
08-15-2014, 09:55 AM
Martavus Bryant was able to draw two PI calls in the game last week (questionable IMO), but if I were Haley and the Steelers have a 3rd and forever I wouldn't hesitate to put Bryant in and have him get to the marker and just throw a jump ball, if the defender lays off for fear of PI Bryant might make a play, if the CB or safety battle with him they may draw the PI, the chances of nothing happening are probably less than the other two positive outcomes.

Use the rules to your favor, the game will slow to a crawl this year, the flags for PI and defensive holding in preseason are a prelude to the regular season, the referees have been instructed to be more mindful of the pushing, jostling and holding on pass plays.

I hate them, but, since I don't have a say in them, the Steelers may as well take advantage of them.

Pappy

Oviedo
08-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Martavus Bryant was able to draw two PI calls in the game last week (questionable IMO), but if I were Haley and the Steelers have a 3rd and forever I wouldn't hesitate to put Bryant in and have him get to the marker and just throw a jump ball, if the defender lays off for fear of PI Bryant might make a play, if the CB or safety battle with him they may draw the PI, the chances of nothing happening are probably less than the other two positive outcomes.

Use the rules to your favor, the game will slow to a crawl this year, the flags for PI and defensive holding in preseason are a prelude to the regular season, the referees have been instructed to be more mindful of the pushing, jostling and holding on pass plays.

I hate them, but, since I don't have a say in them, the Steelers may as well take advantage of them.

Pappy

That would be smart and "exploiting the rules" exactly like I said. I would be teaching my wideouts how to make contact happen everytime down the field.

feltdizz
08-15-2014, 02:36 PM
I would be teaching my wideouts how to make contact happen everytime down the field.

we should already be doing that...

papillon
08-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Based on the rule of unintended consequences I get the feeling that the officials are going to have a bigger role in the outcome of games than ever before, PI calls are game changers, they are going to carry the same weight as a turnover. One team that was going to get the ball isn't and a team that shouldn't have the ball will still have it.

We'll see, maybe it's an over reaction, but there have been a lot of PIs and defensive holding calls in the first few pre-season games.

Pappy

fezziwig
08-15-2014, 03:26 PM
Eve
r
y
t

y
e
a
r
w
I
h
th
e
n
f
l
I

l
I
ke
t
u
r
n
I
g
o
er
a

r
o
c
k

y
ou

n
e
v
r
k
no
wh

t
o

e
x
p
c
t.

B
y
t
he
w
a
y
m
o
d
s

I

y
ou

c
o
u
d
te
l
l
m

w
y

m
y

c
o
m
p
ut
e
r
o
n
l
y

s
t
I

c
r
a

w
h

y
ou
r
s
I
t
e

'
a
p
pr
c
a

I

papillon
08-15-2014, 03:31 PM
Eve
r
y
t

y
e
a
r
w
I
h
th
e
n
f
l
I

l
I
ke
t
u
r
n
I
g
o
er
a

r
o
c
k

y
ou

n
e
v
r
k
no
wh

t
o

e
x
p
c
t.

B
y
t
he
w
a
y
m
o
d
s

I

y
ou

c
o
u
d
te
l
l
m

w
y

m
y

c
o
m
p
ut
e
r
o
n
l
y

s
t
I

c
r
a

w
h

y
ou
r
s
I
t
e

'
a
p
pr
c
a

I

What Operating system are you using? What browser? Version? What type of keyboard? Mouse?

Pappy

fezziwig
08-15-2014, 03:31 PM
Hmm it may have come to some peoples attention my spelling or sentence structure has gotten worse. It's not me, it's the computer when only I'm on this site.. If anyone has any ideas to remedy this, I'd appreciate it. Or you can try to read my unedited talk such as. It' nom is tj computer whenonly im onti se... Ifanyone hsany ide to remyh, I'd appcateit.

fezziwig
08-15-2014, 03:34 PM
What Operating system are you using? What browser? Version? What type of keyboard? Mouse?

Pappy

Sorry, all I know this computer is, I bought it a Best Buy, windows 8 Verizon an it just started last month acting up just on this site. I've had it for a year.

papillon
08-15-2014, 03:45 PM
Sorry, all I know this computer is, I bought it a Best Buy, windows 8 Verizon an it just started last month acting up just on this site. I've had it for a year.

If I had to take a wild guess I would say that you inadvertently pressed a key sequence (ctrl-r, alt-w, etc.) that has changed the way the keyboard responds to the forum. I know that isn't any help what so ever, but it's the only thing that I can think of right now. Do you use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or some other browser?

Pappy

fezziwig
08-15-2014, 04:55 PM
No I'm not hitting any keys.. I'm using Internet Explorer. Disciple of Steel and someone else has the same issues I am having.