PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania only hates the Cowboys

SteelCrazy
08-03-2014, 08:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vwMulZv.png

Apparently all of Pennsylvania, even the western part filled with Pittsburgh Steelers fans, hate the Dallas Cowboys.

At least that's what the latest NFL Hate Map shows.

Reddit user KMHokie35 asked other users to name their least favorite teams. That data was used to fill in a map of the United States with logos of the most hated teams.

The Cowboys logo fills in all of Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and parts of New Jersey and Virginia.

Texas returns the favor by being cloaked in Eagles green. Oklahoma joins the anti-Philly party.

Don't move to New Mexico, Arizona, Maryland, Ohio or West Virginia if you are a Steelers fan. You won't be welcome.

There's good news for Baltimore Ravens fans. Apparently your team isn't hated enough in one place to make the map.

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/08/youre_safe_browns_and_ravens_f.html

fordfixer
08-03-2014, 09:10 PM
I guess Wyoming hates no one at all or everyone:p

tiproast
08-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Alaska and Hawaii aren't states anymore?

And none of the three Florida teams are significant enough to be hated. What a sad commentary on the relevance of those teams.

SteelBucks
08-03-2014, 10:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vwMulZv.png

Apparently all of Pennsylvania, even the western part filled with Pittsburgh Steelers fans, hate the Dallas Cowboys.

At least that's what the latest NFL Hate Map shows.

Reddit user KMHokie35 asked other users to name their least favorite teams. That data was used to fill in a map of the United States with logos of the most hated teams.

The Cowboys logo fills in all of Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and parts of New Jersey and Virginia.

Texas returns the favor by being cloaked in Eagles green. Oklahoma joins the anti-Philly party.

Don't move to New Mexico, Arizona, Maryland, Ohio or West Virginia if you are a Steelers fan. You won't be welcome.

There's good news for Baltimore Ravens fans. Apparently your team isn't hated enough in one place to make the map.

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/08/youre_safe_browns_and_ravens_f.html

It it looks to me that all of Virginia and New Jersey has the cowboys logo; not parts as the article suggests. Pennsylvania would then make sense because I guarantee you western PA would be Ravens purple.

D Rock
08-04-2014, 05:27 AM
Yeah my first thought was - none of the states are split. There are more people in Philly than Pittsburgh. Makes perfect sense to have the Cowboys there.

Oviedo
08-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Makes Pennsylvania a special place to dislike the fraud's that are "America's Team"

RobinCole
08-04-2014, 09:15 AM
I question their findings regarding West Virginia. The northern half of WV is solid Steeler territory, especially Clarksburg, Fairmont, Morgantown and of course the northern panhandle, parts of which are less than a one hour drive from Pittsburgh. In fact, cross the Ohio River into Steubenville OH and it's Steeler country too.

K Train
08-04-2014, 09:40 AM
Tennessee and Kentcky hate the Texans? Ive never really known anyone to hate the texans

Kinda funny that Arizona and NM hate the steelers though

sick beats
08-04-2014, 10:29 AM
Just wait until the Browns are decent again, which may be this year. Then Western PA will hate them the most, like before. It won't even be close. And to have Dallas as the most-hated team in WPA? Why? Not in our division, not in our conference and they suck. What the F is there to even hate about them? I am calling BS on the whole map.

Oviedo
08-04-2014, 10:57 AM
Just wait until the Browns are decent again, which may be this year.

...still waiting...for another decade

sick beats
08-04-2014, 11:41 AM
Tennessee and Kentcky hate the Texans? Ive never really known anyone to hate the texans

Up until last year, the Texans were the best team in the AFC South. And that's the Titan's div., so I understand why they rank as most-hated in those states who call the Titans their team. Yea, head scratcher why AZ and NM would find the Steelers the most hated team. I mean, come on fellas, not even SF or Seattle? OK, so we beat AZ in the Super Bowl.....years ago. For that we are most-hated? We are irrelevant to them other than that. Makes no sense.

K Train
08-04-2014, 11:53 AM
Up until last year, the Texans were the best team in the AFC South. And that's the Titan's div., so I understand why they rank as most-hated in those states who call the Titans their team. Yea, head scratcher why AZ and NM would find the Steelers the most hated team. I mean, come on fellas, not even SF or Seattle? OK, so we beat AZ in the Super Bowl.....years ago. For that we are most-hated? We are irrelevant to them other than that. Makes no sense.

the texans were the best team in the AFC south for 2 years lol

It has to be because the titans are formerly the houston oilers or some connection there....theres much more reason for the titans to hate the colts than the texans

RuthlessBurgher
08-04-2014, 01:09 PM

It has to be because the titans are formerly the houston oilers or some connection there....theres much more reason for the titans to hate the colts than the texans

It would make sense for Titans fans to hate the Colts, except for the fact that they are also Volunteers fans, and cannot bear to hate favorite son Peyton Manning, even if he would always lose to Florida and couldn't do for them what Tee Freaking Martin did.

Notleadpoisoned
08-04-2014, 01:24 PM
I wonder how this map would look if the Ravens and Eagles switched divisions.

feltdizz
08-04-2014, 01:55 PM

If Seattle didn't win the SB last year I bet we would be the most hated team in the NW.

sick beats
08-04-2014, 02:32 PM

So the city that hates the other was on the RECEIVING end of taking away Houston's team? Not sure I get the logic there. So, using that logic, AZ should hate St. Louis.

K Train
08-04-2014, 02:54 PM
So the city that hates the other was on the RECEIVING end of taking away Houston's team? Not sure I get the logic there. So, using that logic, AZ should hate St. Louis.

i didnt say it made sense. I just thought the colts would be a slam dunk there with the texans being in the gutter pretty much since inception

sick beats
08-04-2014, 03:24 PM
i didnt say it made sense. I just thought the colts would be a slam dunk there with the texans being in the gutter pretty much since inception

And it doesn't make sense. "We got your team, so we hate you!"

D Rock
08-04-2014, 08:24 PM
there is no such thing as western PA on that map....

Or northern, southern, or eastern for any state. It's just states. The end.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-05-2014, 10:26 AM
Did we miss the point where only 8 people were polled per state? :D

RuthlessBurgher
08-05-2014, 10:43 AM

What team does Ontario hate?

DBR96A
08-05-2014, 12:35 PM
I wonder how this map would look if the Ravens and Eagles switched divisions.

Then Maryland would hate the Cowboys and Pennsylvania would hate the Browns or Bengals.

sick beats
08-05-2014, 12:38 PM

The whole thing is beyond flawed. It's stupid.

DukieBoy
08-05-2014, 08:24 PM

Probably from the SB win over the Cards.

DukieBoy
08-05-2014, 08:25 PM
What team does Ontario hate?

Perhaps, the Alouettes