PDA

View Full Version : Steelers meeting with this guy

sick beats
04-25-2014, 02:13 PM
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jerick-mckinnon?id=2543715

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVaKsRcYsLE

Change of pace guy with insane measurables. 32 reps of 225 barely weighing over 200 lbs. 4.41 speed. Probably a 4th or 5th rounder.

Doesn't break tackles. Doesn't make people miss. No way should they use a 4th rounder on him, in my opinion, but maybe if he is there later.

feltdizz
04-25-2014, 02:54 PM
which Steeler is meeting with him so we know who to blame? :p

sick beats
04-25-2014, 03:16 PM
which Steeler is meeting with him so we know who to blame? :p

No word on who would be accountable, but that is the norm. They hide from accountability and the Rooneys give orders to the press and the press listens in fear of losing perks.

SteelBucks
04-25-2014, 06:48 PM
No word on who would be accountable, but that is the norm. They hide from accountability and the Rooneys give orders to the press and the press listens in fear of losing perks.

smh.............

Snatch98
04-25-2014, 07:34 PM
Bell, blount and this dude. Sign me up. They would be beating the hell out of the opposing defense.

Jooser
04-25-2014, 07:44 PM
Could be Boldin II, but I don't want him, they used the N word in the promo song....:D

Just kidding gents, he might be a nice pickup, but who'd he play against? ....and why?

RobinCole
04-25-2014, 07:55 PM
I recommend taking him in the 5th round and I volunteer to be held accountable.

Shawn
04-25-2014, 09:01 PM
I mean GSU is my Georgia team...not that I get that into them. The game I went to don't even remember this guy on the field. I haven't heard any major buzz in the community about him. The only decent back to ever come out of GSU was Adrian Peterson.

Shoe
04-25-2014, 09:46 PM
I think I've read that some personnel men think of his as a conversion (to CB).

Rara
04-25-2014, 11:26 PM
I'd be okay with this guy in the later rounds.

hawaiiansteel
04-26-2014, 12:10 AM
I recommend taking him in the 5th round and I volunteer to be held accountable.

he reminds me of an even more athletic Antwaan Randle El.

and i also agree to be held accountable for this statement...

phillyesq
04-26-2014, 09:22 AM
Doesn't break tackles. Doesn't make people miss. No way should they use a 4th rounder on him, in my opinion, but maybe if he is there later.

Add to that "not stout in pass protection." The writeup that you linked identifies him as a practice squad candidate. He might make a nice UDFA or 7th rounder.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-26-2014, 11:03 AM

Just out of curiosity, which professional sports organization would you prefer the Steelers emulate? Which team offers information on who sided where for every decision? I would laugh out loud if after the draft a team came out and said "The GM and President love our first round QB. The coach was not happy because he would have preferred another guy, but we forced his hand. Can't wait to get these two together on the field so that they can work in harmony for years to come".

Slapstick
04-26-2014, 11:25 AM
Just out of curiosity, which professional sports organization would you prefer the Steelers emulate? Which team offers information on who sided where for every decision? I would laugh out loud if after the draft a team came out and said "The GM and President love our first round QB. The coach was not happy because he would have preferred another guy, but we forced his hand. Can't wait to get these two together on the field so that they can work in harmony for years to come".

No, those guys have the "courage" to be "accountable" to their "shareholders"...

sick beats
04-26-2014, 01:24 PM
smh.............

Nothing to SYH over; it's the absolute truth.

sick beats
04-26-2014, 01:27 PM
he reminds me of an even more athletic Antwaan Randle El.

and i also agree to be held accountable for this statement...

Much stronger. 4.41 speed and 32 reps at 225. No, that doesn't prove he's a good player, but I believe he is. I wonder if the Steelers are looking at him at RB or are they thinking about converting him to CB, as others are?

sick beats
04-26-2014, 01:34 PM
Just out of curiosity, which professional sports organization would you prefer the Steelers emulate?

One that has the balls to admit who is making personnel decisions.

Which team offers information on who sided where for every decision?

Straw man argument. When did I ever say they should broadcast information for EVERY decision? I only said they shouldn't be such kkunts to hide who is making what draft picks. Why are they so afraid to admit that?

I would laugh out loud if after the draft a team came out and said "The GM and President love our first round QB. The coach was not happy because he would have preferred another guy, but we forced his hand. Can't wait to get these two together on the field so that they can work in harmony for years to come".

Straw man argument. I never said they had to give every detail. Just let us know who made the final call; you don't have to offer who was not in favor of a pick at all. You must win lots of debates when you use straw man arguments.

sick beats
04-26-2014, 01:41 PM
No, those guys have the "courage" to be "accountable" to their "shareholders"...

Who are "those guys?" Your written communication is quite unclear and unspecific. I know "those guys" are not the Steelers, as they do not have the courage to be accountable - they never have. They keep things clandestine so no one has to take the heat for the decisions with personnel. Art 2 doesn't feel the need to be accountable, but growing up as a rich kid, that often is the case. The Steelers also bully the media and threaten them with taking away perks if they report things the Rooneys don't want covered.

Slapstick
04-26-2014, 05:36 PM
Who are "those guys?" Your written communication is quite unclear and unspecific. I know "those guys" are not the Steelers, as they do not have the courage to be accountable - they never have. They keep things clandestine so no one has to take the heat for the decisions with personnel. Art 2 doesn't feel the need to be accountable, but growing up as a rich kid, that often is the case. The Steelers also bully the media and threaten them with taking away perks if they report things the Rooneys don't want covered.

Says the anonymous poster known as "sick beats"...

RobinCole
04-26-2014, 06:28 PM
I'm trying to see how words like "courage" and "cowardly" even apply in this situation. It's a non-issue. Most people don't give a damn. They know that many people have input into the draft.

But hey, wouldn't you like to know other things? Like who called each play? Was it Haley? Or did Tomlin override Haley? Or did Ben audible out of whatever call was radioed into his helmet? Shouldn't they man up and give us a post-game list of plays and who called them? We could do many such lists. Wouldn't that be "courageous?

Shawn
04-26-2014, 07:20 PM
Just asked a GSU alum who is very involved with the team. He likes this guy...says he is a terrific athlete and supposedly interviewed really well.

Djfan
04-26-2014, 11:31 PM
The only decent back to ever come out of GSU was Adrian Peterson.

He was decent. Not a bad pick up for them.

SS Laser
04-27-2014, 01:23 AM
I'm trying to see how words like "courage" and "cowardly" even apply in this situation. It's a non-issue. Most people don't give a damn. They know that many people have input into the draft.

But hey, wouldn't you like to know other things? Like who called each play? Was it Haley? Or did Tomlin override Haley? Or did Ben audible out of whatever call was radioed into his helmet? Shouldn't they man up and give us a post-game list of plays and who called them? We could do many such lists. Wouldn't that be "courageous? Come on don't use common sense on a forum!:cool: Yes sir I agree it takes more then 1 or 2 people to put a draft board together. Now for epic misses or grabs it does come out who liked or disliked the guy some times. There is good info on passing up Dan Marino. Heck even some hit or miss stories on drafting Ben. Do I really think that the head coach or GM made the pick of Timmons or even JJ over the other guy? No there was a grade on him and the Steelers draft team made the call. Was everyone in the room happy? Maybe or maybe not. But I figure the Steelers stick to there grades and draft strategy 99% of the time which I bet includes everyone in the draft room. Your point on most do not care also applies for me sort of. The Steelers are all responsible for good or bad picks for me. Not just the HC, GM, or President.

sick beats
04-27-2014, 01:45 PM
Says the anonymous poster known as "sick beats"...

Said the person who has the legal name "Slapstick" apparently. Do you think posting on an Internet message board is akin to running an NFL team? Wow. You a funny guy.

RobinCole
04-27-2014, 02:40 PM
Of course they're not the same. Posting anonymously on an internet message board is MUCH harder than running an NFL team.

sick beats
04-27-2014, 02:54 PM
Come on don't use common sense on a forum!:cool: Yes sir I agree it takes more then 1 or 2 people to put a draft board together. Now for epic misses or grabs it does come out who liked or disliked the guy some times. There is good info on passing up Dan Marino. Heck even some hit or miss stories on drafting Ben. Do I really think that the head coach or GM made the pick of Timmons or even JJ over the other guy? No there was a grade on him and the Steelers draft team made the call. Was everyone in the room happy? Maybe or maybe not. But I figure the Steelers stick to there grades and draft strategy 99% of the time which I bet includes everyone in the draft room. Your point on most do not care also applies for me sort of. The Steelers are all responsible for good or bad picks for me. Not just the HC, GM, or President.

All of that said, someone makes the final call, regardless. Whether it's on a board, previous to the draft or not, someone makes the final decision. The Rooneys are too scared to admit who that is.

Shawn
04-27-2014, 03:31 PM
All of that said, someone makes the final call, regardless. Whether it's on a board, previous to the draft or not, someone makes the final decision. The Rooneys are too scared to admit who that is.I'm not sure I see it as scared...more like not throwing someone under the bus and institutional unity. The logic you are using is a street mentality...machismo. The logic they are using is sound business. Lets say for instance it's Tomlin, which in all likelihood it's a combo of Colbert and Tomlin...with a veto vote coming from the Rooneys. It doesn't benefit them or the public by putting that out there. If a draft goes sour the focus is on one individual rather than the system as a whole...because there probably are many moving parts...ie scouting reports and opinions of other coaches. If a draft goes well, one individual gets the credit rather than the system put into place. Of course, Colbert won't force a player onto Tomlin...and Tomlin won't force a player on Colbert. They in all likelihood it's a collaboration and ultimately if Colbert is smart he lets Tomlin have the final say.

RobinCole
04-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Sick: If it's that big a deal to you, go root for the Cowboys.

Slapstick
04-27-2014, 04:20 PM
Said the person who has the legal name "Slapstick" apparently. Do you think posting on an Internet message board is akin to running an NFL team? Wow. You a funny guy.

I'm not the one calling for names and accountability...

I have posted on this board for years...apparently, according to you, that makes me a "shareholder" (though JH would disagree)...

Therefore, I want you to name yourself and take accountability for your inane posts, just as you want someone from the Steelers organization to be accountable for bad draft picks...

It's the same thing, really...

Shawn
04-27-2014, 05:18 PM

I have posted on this board for years...apparently, according to you, that makes me a "shareholder" (though JH would disagree)...

Therefore, I want you to name yourself and take accountability for your inane posts, just as you want someone from the Steelers organization to be accountable for bad draft picks...

It's the same thing, really...That seems fair to me. I mean if a poster wants to call people cowards and such, that they are scared and hiding but are unwilling to take accountability and responsibility themselves for what they write...then their opinion is moot at best, hypocritical at worst.

sick beats
04-27-2014, 05:51 PM

It's the same thing, really...

It doesn't mean you are a shareholder whatsoever. Do you even understand the concept of what that is?

Do you pay $ into this site for it to exist? If not, how are you a shareholder?

Fans do fund teams. Without fans, teams wouldn't even exist. Without you, this place exists.

Slapstick
04-27-2014, 08:15 PM
It doesn't mean you are a shareholder whatsoever. Do you even understand the concept of what that is?

Do you pay $ into this site for it to exist? If not, how are you a shareholder?

Fans do fund teams. Without fans, teams wouldn't even exist. Without you, this place exists.

My hits on this site can be compared to buying a ticket...web traffic is what makes a site successful...

Do I understand the concept of a shareholder?

share·hold·er

[shair-hohl-der] noun

a holder (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/holder) or owner of shares (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/share), especially in a company or corporation (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/corporation).

If you believe that buying a ticket makes you a shareholder, perhaps I am not the one who misunderstands the concept...buying a ticket is not the same as owing a share...

Slapstick
04-27-2014, 08:16 PM
That seems fair to me. I mean if a poster wants to call people cowards and such, that they are scared and hiding but are unwilling to take accountability and responsibility themselves for what they write...then their opinion is moot at best, hypocritical at worst.

:D (10 char)

Steel Life
04-27-2014, 09:16 PM
McKinnon seems like the "Swiss Army Knife" player they like to bring in from time to time...just good players like Hines, ARE, etc.

Chadman
04-27-2014, 10:44 PM
You want to know how I know it's the off season?

Fights about who has accountability for stuff nobody gives a poop about, followed by name calling, penis length comparisons & finally the "my Dad could beat your Dad" argument.

In the meantime, without any sembalance of accountability, there's a story that somebody, maybe, somewhere that may, or may not, actually work for the Steelers, was checking out some dude that nobody heard about until....well, this thread actually.

And who the hell knew Slapstick was a shareholder here??

Slapstick
04-28-2014, 06:21 AM
You want to know how I know it's the off season?

Fights about who has accountability for stuff nobody gives a poop about, followed by name calling, penis length comparisons & finally the "my Dad could beat your Dad" argument.

In the meantime, without any sembalance of accountability, there's a story that somebody, maybe, somewhere that may, or may not, actually work for the Steelers, was checking out some dude that nobody heard about until....well, this thread actually.

And who the hell knew Slapstick was a shareholder here??

Somehow, some way, we are all shareholders here, apparently...even your Aussie @$$...:p

And nobody wants to compare penis length with me...

It might make be feel bad about myself...