PDA

View Full Version : Odds on our first rnd pick...

legend of polamalu
04-06-2014, 08:20 PM
I have put together some percentages on who I believe our first round pick will be...

Percentages based on Professional Mock Drafts on line, Pro Football Draft Guide, NFL Networks Path to the Draft, my own gut feeling, who I believe and others believe will possibly still be on the board at 15, The Steelers Way (how they usually pick), Steelers draft needs and Planet Steelers Forum.

I am bored and there is no Sunday Night Football, So here goes... This will be updated each week. I have picked successfully our first round pick in 8 of the last 10 drafts (no evidence though besides my wife's word)

4-6-14

D. Dennard CB M. State 20%
E. Ebron TE N.Carolina 18%
M. Lee WR USC 15%
*J. Gilbert CB OK ST. 11%
L. Nix DT N. Dame 9%
*M. Evans WR T A & M 8%
CJ Mosely ILB ALA 7%
J. Verrett CB TCU 5%
B. Cooks WR OR ST. 4%
K. Fuller CB VA TECH 2%
K. Ealy DE Missouri 1%

* Numbers low as player projected to be picked before 15

If you feel there is anyone missing that we may pick who could be on the board, I would love to hear from you.

I have checked many a mocks...It seems as though a little less than half of them have Dennard and Gilbert gone when we pick. If this is the case, I believe we end up with Ebron or M. Lee.

I do feel there is a strong percentage we will be trading down this year which would blow all these numbers up.

Final Update: 5-1-2014

D. Dennard CB M. State 19%
CJ Mosely ILB ALA 16%
*J. Gilbert CB OK ST. 14%
Odell Beckham Jr. WR LSU 12%
K. Fuller CB Va Tech 12%

*An offensive Tackle (Lewan, Thomas) 8%
E. Ebron TE N.Carolina 5%
*M. Evans WR T A & M 5%
*A. Barr OLB UCLA 4%
L. Nix DT N. Dame 3%
M. Lee WR USC 2%

At the end of the day I feel we end up with Dennard, Mosely, Beckham Jr or Fuller

Sugar
04-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Everyone seems to think that this is a very deep draft. It seems like that would make it really hard to trade down.

Anyway, the chances seem good that Dennard will be the guy. If so, good for him and good for Pittsburgh. It's not a sexy pick, but it makes sense. A lot of my family is from up there and they were ecstatic when we got Bell and are really hoping we get Dennard too.

legend of polamalu
04-06-2014, 09:29 PM
I have K. Benjamin WR, A. Barr OLB and A. Donald DT as the next guys that we may look at if there.

Oviedo
04-06-2014, 10:25 PM
I have put together some percentages on who I believe our first round pick will be...

Percentages based on Professional Mock Drafts on line, Pro Football Draft Guide, NFL Networks Path to the Draft, my own gut feeling, who I believe and others believe will possibly still be on the board at 15, The Steelers Way (how they usually pick), Steelers draft needs and Planet Steelers Forum.

I am bored and there is no Sunday Night Football, So here goes... This will be updated each week. I have picked successfully our first round pick in 8 of the last 10 drafts (no evidence though besides my wife's word)

4-6-14

D. Dennard CB M. State 20%
E. Ebron TE N.Carolina 18%
M. Lee WR USC 15%
*J. Gilbert CB OK ST. 11%
L. Nix DT N. Dame 9%
*M. Evans WR T A & M 8%
CJ Mosely ILB ALA 7%
J. Verrett CB TCU 5%
B. Cooks WR OR ST. 4%
K. Fuller CB VA TECH 2%
K. Ealy DE Missouri 1%

* Numbers low as player projected to be picked before 15

If you feel there is anyone missing that we may pick who could be on the board, I would love to hear from you.

I have checked many a mocks...It seems as though a little less than half of them have Dennard and Gilbert gone when we pick. If this is the case, I believe we end up with Ebron or M. Lee.

I do feel there is a strong percentage we will be trading down this year which would blow all these numbers up.

With a draft as deep as this one is reported to be it will be difficult to trade down. Someone below us is really goindg to have to want a specific player. Not sure there are any of those kinds of players projected to still be around at #15

phillyesq
04-07-2014, 07:12 AM
I think that there is a strong chance that the first round pick is somebody that catches passes or covers those trying to do so. Not necessarily based on my preference, but based on what I think the Steelers will do, I think the first round pick will likely be one of the following:

D. Dennard
K. Benjamin
J. Gilbert
M. Evans

The other guys who I think have a chance:

A. Barr
R. Hageman/S. Tuitt/L. Nix (I think 1.15 is too high for these three).

Shawn
04-07-2014, 07:26 AM
I think that is pretty close. I would have Mosley much higher, maybe as high as second on that list. We don't have a starting quality ILB on this roster. Mosley is a tackling machine. If it's not a DB, and Evans don't fall...it's not going to be a WR. The draft is too deep in the second at WR. They will be looking for a big school guy on D who has produced...and Mosley fits that bill. I think it will be one of 4 guys...Dennard, Gilbert, Mosley, or Ebron.

Shawn
04-07-2014, 07:28 AM
I think that there is a strong chance that the first round pick is somebody that catches passes or covers those trying to do so. Not necessarily based on my preference, but based on what I think the Steelers will do, I think the first round pick will likely be one of the following:

D. Dennard
K. Benjamin
J. Gilbert
M. Evans

The other guys who I think have a chance:

A. Barr
R. Hageman/S. Tuitt/L. Nix (I think 1.15 is too high for these three). I see almost no way the Steelers draft Benjamin. He is considered around the 5th best WR in the draft...the Steelers don't reach in the first.

legend of polamalu
04-07-2014, 08:10 AM
I think that is pretty close. I would have Mosley much higher, maybe as high as second on that list. We don't have a starting quality ILB on this roster. Mosley is a tackling machine. If it's not a DB, and Evans don't fall...it's not going to be a WR. The draft is too deep in the second at WR. They will be looking for a big school guy on D who has produced...and Mosley fits that bill. I think it will be one of 4 guys...Dennard, Gilbert, Mosley, or Ebron.

Yea, I may move him up...I just don't see many mocks with us grabbing him. I also see he is undersized for an ILB which the Steelers usually stay away from. Plus we have gone LB heavy of late. Mostly OLB though.

Shawn
04-07-2014, 09:19 AM
He may be a bit small but he is smart, and covers really well. Tomlin doesn't like big thumpers, he likes the more mobile LBrs who can cover. Mosley is that guy. My ONLY reservation with Mosley is his knee. Some believe he has some mileage on him.

Oviedo
04-07-2014, 09:43 AM
Yea, I may move him up...I just don't see many mocks with us grabbing him. I also see he is undersized for an ILB which the Steelers usually stay away from. Plus we have gone LB heavy of late. Mostly OLB though.

He is probably bigger than Farrior was for most of his career with us. I recall reading once that Farrior was playing at 220lbs or less. Timmons just happens to be a physical freak with his combination of size and athleticism.

One named not mentioned which could be a real wildcard is Ryan Shazier. He fits the "run and hit" type LB that Tomlin loves. Tremendous speed and sideline to sideline pursuit capability which is becoming more critical as teams use TEs and RBs more as pass catchers.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-07-2014, 10:21 AM
I am a Benjamin fan but Even I don't like him at #15. You have to give me better value (+ player) as a 3rd round pick to go along with Benjamin meaning trade down. That will be a challenge in itself to get a partner. Gilbert, Dennard, & Evans are the "realistic" targets. If they aren't there & you can't trade out...BPA. I hate some of the options, as well as many in here, as BPA...But I would understand.

The more & more I plug scenarios in the Top 14 picks...I seem to get a group of 6 players that keep coming up. The Top 3 of the list is Gilbert, Dennard, & Evans....And they fill that "Want" category. Any of the 3 I would be very pleased with. I also feel that if none of them are there...They will try & get out. The bottom 3 of the list Ebron, Lewan, & Barr seem to be the BPA players remaining. If the Steelers can't get out of #15...I would take them in that order. My choice would be getting out before I take any of Ebron, Lewan, & Barr as BPA. I feel Fuller, Benajmin, Mosley, Nix, Hageman, or any WR is a reach at #15. Fuller would be the closest riser out of that group...But still...I still feel a reach at #15.

The flurry in FA plugged allot of voids but it also tells me the Steelers are preparing for the dreaded BPA in the 1st. The pick that could have many going WTF. The have done a pretty decent job of covering the "Just in case." There is an equally realistic chance that it doesn't happen...But they are prepared if it does. Even if it does happen...The pick at #15 if BPA will make the team better. Before the draft...I could put together a 53 that would be better than the 53 that finished 6-2 with 2 vet min FA signings. One would be Kiesel. I think the Steelers are holding off on Kiesel because signing him could hinder the 53 depth chart not knowing what the draft will bring. The new position coaches, guys returning from injury, & young players making strides could impact just how better that 53 is but even not taking that into account...I feel it is better. I feel it is a playoff team...But not a contender. The have to close the gap on some teams. That's where the draft & the development of what they have right now comes in.

K Train
04-07-2014, 10:25 AM
He is probably bigger than Farrior was for most of his career with us. I recall reading once that Farrior was playing at 220lbs or less. Timmons just happens to be a physical freak with his combination of size and athleticism.

One named not mentioned which could be a real wildcard is Ryan Shazier. He fits the "run and hit" type LB that Tomlin loves. Tremendous speed and sideline to sideline pursuit capability which is becoming more critical as teams use TEs and RBs more as pass catchers.

Mosely could be just like Keith Rivers, or he could be closer to Kuechley....very tough to tell with bama defenders lately

SteelerOfDeVille
04-07-2014, 12:06 PM
My worry with Mosely is that I wonder if they are willing to pass because they have bigger, more immediate needs (WR and CB). IMO, Mosley should be rated higher than Benjamin, for example, however, I suspect if Dennard, Gilbert and Evans were gone, they might choose Benjamin over Mosely.

Here's to hoping for Dennard to still be there.

Shawn
04-07-2014, 12:25 PM
My worry with Mosely is that I wonder if they are willing to pass because they have bigger, more immediate needs (WR and CB). IMO, Mosley should be rated higher than Benjamin, for example, however, I suspect if Dennard, Gilbert and Evans were gone, they might choose Benjamin over Mosely.

Here's to hoping for Dennard to still be there.

I just don't see it. While DB and WR might be bigger needs I can't think of an ILB I am happy filling that position. Benjamin is reported to have poor motivation, having his QB have to give him the ole finger wag in order to get him moving. That doesn't scream 15 to me. If they were bent on WR, they would roll with Lee. But, I don't think they are bent on WR in the first. In fact, I think they know it won't be WR in the first, unless Evans or Watkins miraculously fall. I'm not even sure I can convince myself of Ebron considering the Steelers like TEs that can block. So, I must stand pat and say it's likely Dennard, Gilbert or Mosley...with Barr as a remote possibility as well.

RuthlessBurgher
04-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Mosely could be just like Keith Rivers, or he could be closer to Kuechley....very tough to tell with bama defenders lately

Yeah, as Bama ILB of recent vintage go, Rolando McClain has been an unmitigated disaster of a pick, and Dont'a Hightower has been nothing to write home about.

If you are going to place guys like Luke Kuechly and Patrick Willis on one end of the early LB spectrum and Keith Rivers and Aaron Curry on the other end of the early LB spectrum, I see more a chance of bust potential than elite level dominance from Mosley. But that's just me. I'll pass on him in the first. Sure, ILB is a need, but it always seems like you can get a Bobby Wagner type or a Laurinaitis/Posluzsny type on day two of the draft instead.

steelz09
04-07-2014, 01:31 PM
I just don't see it. While DB and WR might be bigger needs I can't think of an ILB I am happy filling that position. Benjamin is reported to have poor motivation, having his QB have to give him the ole finger wag in order to get him moving. That doesn't scream 15 to me. If they were bent on WR, they would roll with Lee. But, I don't think they are bent on WR in the first. In fact, I think they know it won't be WR in the first, unless Evans or Watkins miraculously fall. I'm not even sure I can convince myself of Ebron considering the Steelers like TEs that can block. So, I must stand pat and say it's likely Dennard, Gilbert or Mosley...with Barr as a remote possibility as well.

Very possible. I could see Ebron and Lee being rated high l but I wouldn't be the least bit suprised if the Steelers FO rank Dennard, Gilbert, Mosley and Barr all higher than Benjamin, Ebron and Lee.

Barr could be a suprise selection IMO. He could be one of those guys that the Steelers FO rated very high but falls because a run on of QBs, LTs, etc.

Eddie Spaghetti
04-07-2014, 01:34 PM
if barr is there, you have to take him, IMO

let woirlds play out the tender and roll with jones/barr in 2015

you would have those guys cheap for 3-4 years

RuthlessBurgher
04-07-2014, 01:47 PM

The original thought with Timmons was to play OLB, but when we also drafted Woodley to play OLB, Timmons was moved inside.

Similarly, the original thought with Jarvis Jones was to play OLB, but if we also drafted Anthony Barr to play OLB, perhaps Jones could be moved inside as well.

Worilds-Jones-Timmons-Barr? You could blitz any combination of those guys from anywhere at any time, including various inside-outside stunt blitzes, overloading one side, etc.

Shoe
04-07-2014, 02:00 PM
I'm not even sure I can convince myself of Ebron considering the Steelers like TEs that can block.

I've warmed on Ebron, to the point of him being maybe #2-3 on my (realistic) wish list. I've read scouts say that he displays a willingness to block (which is generally better than "the ability to block"). One of the things about Ebron that I would like to feel more confident about, is his persona. I have no basis for this, but I feel like he has some prima donna in him. Ideally, I want a Heath Miller (team first, humble) kind of guy. Humble may not be realistic (in today's game)... but I do not want a chest-thumper.

Sugar
04-07-2014, 03:04 PM
I've warmed on Ebron, to the point of him being maybe #2-3 on my (realistic) wish list. I've read scouts say that he displays a willingness to block (which is generally better than "the ability to block"). One of the things about Ebron that I would like to feel more confident about, is his persona. I have no basis for this, but I feel like he has some prima donna in him. Ideally, I want a Heath Miller (team first, humble) kind of guy. Humble may not be realistic (in today's game)... but I do not want a chest-thumper.

I wonder what a guy like that would learn from guys like Heath and Spaeth?

Mick'sTeam
04-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Apparently, the decision has already been made.

http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Best-of-the-Burgh-Blogs/Pulling-No-Punches/April-2014/This-is-Who-the-Steelers-Are-Going-to-Draft-in-Round-One/

K Train
04-07-2014, 04:17 PM
Thats a BS article....no **** they like dennard, but he very well might not be there. It also talks about him like hes a day one starter....no CB is going to be a day one starter

SteelerOfDeVille
04-07-2014, 04:23 PM

I would be happy with those guys, for sure... and I know a Bama fan who thinks Mosely is an amazing talent, better than any recent LB they've had, a great leader and actually underappreciated on that Alabama defense... So, I'm all in on that selection...

Ernie
04-07-2014, 05:00 PM

That's one way of looking at it. I don't care to groom guys during their first contract, then let them go right as they are hitting their peak. It's a gamble either way you look at it.

K Train
04-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Barr should be a slam dunk pick if hes there. He has the explosion, ability to bend, length, and speed that jarvis doesnt. Jarvis can set the edge and be a terror in pursuit, but will never be able to explode like a Von Miller or aldon smith like Barr would be

ikestops85
04-07-2014, 05:42 PM
I would be happy with those guys, for sure... and I know a Bama fan who thinks Mosely is an amazing talent, better than any recent LB they've had, a great leader and actually underappreciated on that Alabama defense... So, I'm all in on that selection...

I was thinking if Evans and both Corners are gone (Gilbert and Dennard) then I wouldn't mind Mosely. The problem I see with picking Mosely is we will have 3 1st rounders in our starting linebacking corp. Salary wise I think that will come back and bite us in the arse.

phillyesq
04-07-2014, 06:12 PM
I see almost no way the Steelers draft Benjamin. He is considered around the 5th best WR in the draft...the Steelers don't reach in the first.

I don't like him at 1.15, but if Dennard, Gilbert and Evans are off the board it wouldn't shock me.

Personally, I see Benjamin as a late first rounder.

steelblood
04-07-2014, 10:07 PM
I have zero interest in Mosley at 15. The rule of thumb is that an ILB has to be very special to pick before the bottom third of the first. I think Mosley is a very good ILB, but not special like keuchley.

Shawn
04-07-2014, 10:10 PM
I would be happy with those guys, for sure... and I know a Bama fan who thinks Mosely is an amazing talent, better than any recent LB they've had, a great leader and actually underappreciated on that Alabama defense... So, I'm all in on that selection... Reading scouting reports on Mosley make him out to be an amazing talent.

Shawn
04-07-2014, 10:12 PM
I don't like him at 1.15, but if Dennard, Gilbert and Evans are off the board it wouldn't shock me.

Personally, I see Benjamin as a late first rounder. It would baffle me. It goes against two grains of logic...first the always draft BPA in the first...and second they would be ignoring the fact that they can get an equal talent in the second...shoot I would much rather have Devonte Adams.

Shawn
04-08-2014, 05:54 AM
If I were to place odds on the Steelers next pick it would be something like this...

1) Dennard-25%
2) Gilbert-20%
3) Mosley-20%
4) Ebron-15%
with the additional 20% scattered amongst the various other picks such as Barr, Evans, Hageman, Lee, and Lewan. I would put Benjamin at less than 1% and he wouldn't make my list.

Iron City Inc.
04-08-2014, 06:01 AM
Apparently, the decision has already been made.

http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Best-of-the-Burgh-Blogs/Pulling-No-Punches/April-2014/This-is-Who-the-Steelers-Are-Going-to-Draft-in-Round-One/
Writers name is Conboy. I think the con job is in. Anyone who deals in absolutes is just talking. Lions won't draft a wr because they sign Golden Tate...really. Evans is there he easily could go 10th. And for Conboy what if Dennard isn't there at 15? Article is weak and that does not mean I do not like Dennard.

Shawn
04-08-2014, 06:03 AM
Writers name is Conboy. I think the con job is in. Anyone who deals in absolutes is just talking. Lions won't draft a wr because they sign Golden Tate...really. Evans is there he easily could go 10th. And for Conboy what if Dennard isn't there at 15? Article is weak and that does not mean I do not like Dennard. Lions probably won't draft a WR unless their DB of choice isn't there.

Shawn
04-08-2014, 06:14 AM
While I agree with the articles premise...it will be Dennard if he is there....there is much nonsense in that article specifically when he talked about the Steelers not having a super star at WR. Brown is a top 5 NFL WR. The Steelers need two things to help him out...one is a big red zone target, and a guy to force safeties out of the box. They need a guy to take the top off, and a big possession type WR who can move chains.

Nix didn't flop last year, he was asked to do different things. He was looking at the stat sheet to assess the talent of Nix which is short sighted at best. He is going to be a very good interior DLman. With that said, I see almost no way the Steelers draft him.

I agree very much with his conclusion, but disagree with how he got there. But, we can agree the Lions draft Gilbert. If they don't I fear the worst. If the Lions go with the home town guy in Dennard, some other team will salivate over Gilbert's potential and leave the Steelers with no DB options besides Fuller.

K Train
04-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Reading scouting reports on Mosley make him out to be an amazing talent.

Im up and down and back and forth on mosely. Keith Rivers one moment, then dissecting plays with football ESP Kuechly style the next.

Not as good as Mcclain was, better than Hightower....although I loved hightower in a thumper role that could play all 4 LB positions

I think come draft day I am going to have Shazier a tick higher as a MLB

Sugar
04-08-2014, 09:41 AM
Lions probably won't draft a WR unless their DB of choice isn't there.

Most of my family lives up there and from what I hear Lions fans want Dennard. Bad. That's not to say that the team will actually listen to their fans...

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-08-2014, 10:25 AM
It really isn't rocket science. There is no way Gilbert, Dennard, or Evans gets by the Steelers. I think it is safe to say there is a 100% chance any of those names will come off the board. Even if Barr is there with one of those names...The pick will be "one of those names". It may be a good thing that Ebron did not do well at his Pro Day catching the ball. He may still be on the board & if the Top 3 guys are gone..I would be ok with him. I went back to do some more on his blocking & how much he played inline. I'm sure Haley could find a way to work him in as a Flex TE in the slot with Miller on the field.

I see it this way. The list of 13 below are players I view as value at pick #15. Not saying "Steelers picks"...Saying grade. Ebron made the bottom of the list. I still would be picking up the phone if Ebron is the last man standing. But if they have to pick & Ebron is the guy..The value is good at #15.

Clowney
Robinson
Matthews
Bortles
Watkins
Mack
Manziel
Donald
Barr
Gilbert
Evans
Dennard
Ebron

Here's the list the Steelers need teams to reach-overdraft on. These are the players that will help push some of the players in the list above down. It is likely some of these names could go before #15 with teams drafting need.

Lewan - Tackle needy team could take next man up. Its the story as old as the draft.
Bridewater - Very possible 3 QBs go before Steelers. Here is the best bet.
Jernigan - One of those position like LT & QB...If you need one you have to take one if the drop off to next pick is great.
Clinton-Dix - 1st safety debate (with Pryor). Top 20 guys who fill need for team.
Pryor - See above.
Martin - See Lewan.
Mosley - Without the hip injury...One could argue he should be in that Top list. He rebounded well. The "Need to know" is in the hands of the teams. Where he is drafted will tell us what they think.

Just need two to push one of the list above to the Steelers. Minus Bortles, Manziel, & Donald of course but they should be long gone. With QBs...There is always the reach factor & surprises. If Browns pass at #4 do they come back up from 26 to get a QB? Do the Rams prove "where there's smoke" & take a QB at their 2nd pick in the 1st at #13 because they do feel Bradford isn't their guy? I think there is a very good chance 3 Qbs come off before #15. Especially if the Texans decide Bortles is their guy & take him even if they can't trade back. So just one more player...Pick your winner. I don't think it is unrealistic to think that one of Gilbert, Dennard, or Evans slips though the cracks.

Oviedo
04-08-2014, 11:18 AM
Don't forget the name Ryan Shazier. I think he could be the surprise choice at #15.

K Train
04-08-2014, 11:20 AM
Don't forget the name Ryan Shazier. I think he could be the surprise choice at #15.

He and timmons would be amazing together. That could be the meanest inside cross blitz

Vader
04-08-2014, 11:39 AM
The fact is nobody really knows anything right now. Hell who thought Bey would be taken in the top 10 a few years ago? Also remember that teams put together their boards differently. For example; last year the Steelers had Jones as one of their top 6-8 players. We know this because Colbert said so in an article after the draft. But we also know that Dallas didn't even have him on their board. Now, we don't know why but we know he wasn't.

The point is that draft "analysis" try to put players with certain teams based on needs. But the fact is that all war rooms assess their team needs and player evaluations differently. That's why the best mock guys hit at less than 50% of their mocks. Teams put out false info all the time. During the draft players that people have never heard of will be drafted high and some pre-draft assured 1st rounders will last until late in the draft. It happens every year.

As long as the Steelers stay true to their board I'm good. Take the BPA in every round and they'll be fine. Don't reach for players and don't fall in love. I'd be fine if they traded down.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-08-2014, 12:13 PM

I have Shazier as a late 1st. I think his high would be sneaking into the Top 25 which could happen with his workouts. Would fine with him in a trade down scenario.

NorthCoast
04-08-2014, 12:47 PM
I am not as convinced as many are that the Steelers will draft a WR in the 1st, even if the 'big' names are still there.

I know it's a passing league, but it seems with the LeBlount signing the Steelers could put together a very good power run game. Keep in mind the kind of offense they showed the 2nd half of the season, quick throws to the open guy. You don't necessarily need a 1st rd kind of guy for that, only a guy that can separate quickly off the line.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-08-2014, 05:14 PM
I have Shazier as a late 1st. I think his high would be sneaking into the Top 25 which could happen with his workouts. Would fine with him in a trade down scenario.

Another guy who has really moved up the board is Dee Ford of Auburn. What do you think of his chances of being chosen as a OLB? If they don't sign Worilds long term, Ford redshirts a year before starting opposite Jones in year 2.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Personally, I think #15 is way too early for Ford. He does appear to have the "ability" to play OLB. He had a very good Senior Bowl. Saying that...Watching him in college...He may be more of a "one trick poney". Now...That tag sometimes is drawn because of his position (4-3 DE)...But you have to wonder what he is capable with his hand off the ground. He certainly appears to have the athleticism. That will be a developmental issue that can be improved on at the next level.

If I was going to select him in the mid to late 1st...I would have to be 110% confident that his back issue is a "non issue". That is my biggest concern with Ford. His lower back is going to absorb tremendous strain rushing the passer against OL 6"5"+. If he has any limitations...He will loose his leverage battles & that could be trouble.

K Train
04-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Would hate ford at 15, but I would absolutely lust over Anthony Barr

legend of polamalu
04-09-2014, 02:57 PM
UPDATED 4-9-14 I have updated my draft guys and the percentages of the Steelers taking them at 15.

D. Dennard CB M. State 16% down 4%
*J. Gilbert CB OK ST. 14% Up 3% -- I think if one of these 2 CB's are there we take them.
L. Nix DT N. Dame 12% +3% -- I have seen various reports on him. I don't see how we pass on Hampton 2.0 if the corners are gone. You?
M. Lee WR USC 11% -4% -- I think we have a man crush on him but 15 may be to early. Jets may trade up with us to get him.
CJ Mosely ILB ALA 11% +4% -- He has softened on me. Most board members pushed him up the boards along with Path to the Draft.
E. Ebron TE N.Carolina 10% -8% -- We usually don't draft in a position of strength but Heath is getting older and we do run the 2 TE a lot.
*M. Evans WR T A & M 9% +1% -- He may be there at 15 and surprise because of the WR depth.
*T. Lewan OT Michigan 5% New to board -- Dont' think he will be there.
*A. Barr OLB UCLA 4% New to board -- Don't think he will be there.

K. Fuller CB VA TECH 2% Same
A. Donald DE PITT 2% New to board -- Can he play DE in a 3-4
J. Verrett CB OR ST. 2% -3%

K. Ealy DE Missouri 1% Same
K. Benjamin WR FL ST. 1% New to board
B Cooks WR OR ST OFF Board WR Depth to deep to take him there.

In short I decided to add Benjamin, Barr and Lewan. None of whom I believe will not be there at 15 except Benjamin who we won't draft.
The biggest decrease was Ebron and the biggest increase was CJ Mosely, Nix and Gilbert. B Cooks was taken off board.

K Train
04-09-2014, 03:00 PM
I dont think Nix is even on the radar at 15

If you are considering Mosely I think you have to add Shazier in there

Shawn
04-09-2014, 03:04 PM
Only reason I believe Shazier might be there is because of Tomlin. He is indeed a Tomlin type of player but so is Mosley...and Mosley is clearly more polished.

K Train
04-09-2014, 03:07 PM
The interest that they showed in Mychal Kendricks makes me think they will really like Shazier.

Also, they draft buckeyes like there is a quota to fill

legend of polamalu
04-09-2014, 03:09 PM
I dont think Nix is even on the radar at 15

If you are considering Mosely I think you have to add Shazier in there

Why wouldn't Nix be on our radar? Nix in past drafts would be a top 7-8 pick without all this depth. McClendon could move to the DE spot if we draft Nix. I haven't seen much of him but many experts rave on this kid.

Also, I am a buckeye fan. I saw every Buckeye game last season. Shazier is good but not #15 good.

legend of polamalu
04-09-2014, 03:12 PM
With the update I believe one of these guys will be a Pittsburgh Steeler by the end of the first round:

Dennard
Gilbert
Nix
M. Lee
Mosely
Ebron
Evans

Oviedo
04-09-2014, 04:55 PM
With the update I believe one of these guys will be a Pittsburgh Steeler by the end of the first round:

Dennard
Gilbert
Nix
M. Lee
Mosely
Ebron
Evans

I think you can scratch Nix from the list.

legend of polamalu
04-18-2014, 07:04 PM
Updated: I feel like it will be Dennard, Gilbert, Mosely or Lee as our first round pick of the 2014 draft.

D. Dennard CB M. State 17%
*J. Gilbert CB OK ST. 15%
CJ Mosely ILB ALA 14% I have been warming up to him being our pick if the corners are gone

M. Lee WR USC 12% Just a feeling this may be our guy
E. Ebron TE N.Carolina 8%
*M. Evans WR T A & M 7%

L. Nix DT N. Dame 5% Dropped him down because of knee concerns
*A. Barr OLB UCLA 5%
*T. Lewan OT Michigan 4%
Odell Beckham Jr. WR LSU 4%
A. Donald DE PITT 3%
K. Fuller CB VA TECH 2%
J. Verrett CB OR ST. 2%
K. Benjamin WR FL ST. 1%
Bradley Roby CB OSU 1%

*More than likely gone when we pick

Updated: Ealy off board, Roby, Beckham on

hawaiiansteel
04-18-2014, 07:14 PM
Updated: I feel like it will be Dennard, Gilbert, Mosely or Lee as our first round pick of the 2014 draft.

I think the odds of Odell Beckham Jr being the Steelers' #1 draft pick are a lot higher than Marqise Lee's...

legend of polamalu
04-18-2014, 07:19 PM
I think the odds of Odell Beckham Jr being the Steelers' #1 draft pick are a lot higher than Marqise Lee's...

Lee would of been a top 10 pick out of college 2 years ago. He is also under the radar, had a minor injury and qb change. This all spells a Steelers Steel to me.

legend of polamalu
05-02-2014, 12:06 AM

CJ Mosely ILB ALA 16%
*J. Gilbert CB OK ST. 13%
K. Fuller CB Va Tech 12%

*M. Evans WR T A & M 5%
*A. Barr OLB UCLA 3%
L. Nix DT N. Dame 3%
M. Lee WR USC 2%
Shazier OLB 2%

At the end of the day I feel we end up with Dennard, Mosely, Beckham Jr or Fuller

*Shazier added 5-2

steelblood
05-02-2014, 08:06 AM

CJ Mosely ILB ALA 16%
K. Fuller CB Va Tech 12%

*M. Evans WR T A & M 5%
*A. Barr OLB UCLA 4%
L. Nix DT N. Dame 3%
M. Lee WR USC 2%

I would put Stephon Tuitt at 2 % as well. I know most don't have him going before the 20s and some in the early second round. But, I think he will be drafted in the middle of the first. 19 1/2 sacks the past two years at 310 pounds. He fits any system. He is strong, athletic, and productive...and still slightly raw. He can rush over tackles or guards with success. Plus, good interior pass rushers are not easy to find, especially ones who can also play the run. In the games I saw him play the past two seasons he put nearly constant pressure on the QB in 75 % of them (and they were all decent opponents). Finally, the Steelers have met with him and it is a huge position of need.

Just my 2 cents. I think the draft experts have this one wrong.

Oviedo
05-02-2014, 08:14 AM

CJ Mosely ILB ALA 16%
K. Fuller CB Va Tech 12%

*M. Evans WR T A & M 5%
*A. Barr OLB UCLA 4%
L. Nix DT N. Dame 3%
M. Lee WR USC 2%

I still think Ryan Shazier could be the surprise pick. Just seems to be the type of LB that Tomlin really likes and would be strong in pass happy NFL

legend of polamalu
05-02-2014, 08:36 AM
Yea...If I had to add one it would be Shazier. He really should at least be on the board.
Tuitt and the DE spot is a gamble. Seems like we miss on DE in the draft.
I just feel like we draft OLB in the first every other year. So unless a stud falls in our lap
it would be a nice to meet another need in the draft.
If we draft a OLB it would be like drafting a guy for the bench for the next 2 years.

I feel we are being smart with Worilds in waiting to see what type of player we have before
giving him big money. We could franchise him after the year is over.
Ike is 35!!!!

Added Shazier because he is our type of player and we often overdraft for OLB position that we fall
in love with.

thetruthteller
05-02-2014, 10:12 AM

Hello there sir.

Although I respect your opinion, as for Beckham, well right now, I see his stock rising and rising as of late, and I feel he might not even make it to our selection. Lots of talk that Beckham might go to Detroit at 10. But even if he was there for Pittsburgh....I feel we need a taller target. We have all the Brown's and Wheaton's we need. I think that removes both Beckham, and Lee from our list.

legend of polamalu
05-02-2014, 10:57 AM
I myself do not like to draft WR in the first round. They have about a 60/40 % of being a bust. This year is a little different. From what I saw from him on film and know of him from LSU, he looks the part. 5'11 may not be the ideal height but he is going to be a stud. Personally I hope we end up with Dennard or Mosely. Defense wins championships. Seattle again proved this last year even in a passing league.

Sugar
05-02-2014, 11:44 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. We can get a stud WR in the first. I don't care if the whole rest of the draft is on Defense, but get a hotshot WR or Ebron first and then fill in the rest. They won't do that, of course...

legend of polamalu
05-02-2014, 12:26 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. We can get a stud WR in the first. I don't care if the whole rest of the draft is on Defense, but get a hotshot WR or Ebron first and then fill in the rest. They won't do that, of course...

Ebron is a bust.

Sugar
05-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Ebron is a bust.

He is? The guy hasn't even been drafted yet. It seems to me that he can create mismatches in the red zone and probably won't last until the second round.

thor75
05-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Ebron is a bust.

I don't like Ebron as a Steeler draft pick, but I wouldn't go so far to say he is a bust. Same with K. Benjamin. Don't like either but they may serve there purpose with another team.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
05-02-2014, 02:00 PM
I myself do not like to draft WR in the first round. They have about a 60/40 % of being a bust. This year is a little different. From what I saw from him on film and know of him from LSU, he looks the part. 5'11 may not be the ideal height but he is going to be a stud. Personally I hope we end up with Dennard or Mosely. Defense wins championships. Seattle again proved this last year even in a passing league.

Two things that are red flags when it comes to the Steelers drafting OBJ.

First is that he has risen so far over the past couple of months. He was considered another guy after the big two since draft talk started, and now suddenly he is a top 15 pick in a WR heavy draft.

Second is that he played across from another great receiver. To me, this means that attention was spread between two receivers, and he would not have been facing the most intensive coverage that a D would have to offer, the way many other draftable receivers are. Makes it more difficult to evaluate when one player would constantly be facing softer coverage than a true #1.

sick beats
05-02-2014, 05:11 PM
All things considered, if a stud CB is there, I am leaning that way. For one thing, we are thin there. Our #1 CB will be done after this year, leaving us with just one CB who is considered a 1 or 2 CB. For that reason alone, I say go CB.

For another, what is the trend right now? Passing proficiency. Passing records are being shattered because they rules and ref calls are leading to a much easier passing production. Not only can you not barely touch a WR after 5 yards, you can no longer make them pay for going over the middle, something the Steeler D was built on. So, what's that mean? You need DBs who are highly skilled at coverage while barely touching the receiver. The Super Bowl champs had crazy skill in their DBs and they won the Lombardi. That is the trend. So Pgh must upgrade their CBs, even if we weren't already thin there, and we are. I like Dennard or Gilbert. I see us taking as many as 3 DBs in the draft, 2 CBs and S. The guys who we were waiting to see if they could develop....well, we saw. Players like Brown suck and won't cut it. So we need new blood.

With Ebron, I am skeptical. A TE who doesn't even attempt to block bothers me. It tells me about his character, in that, if it's not all about him being in the lime light, he isn't interested in helping others succeed in gaining yards. What kind of person thinks like that? A selfish one. A Terrell Owens kind of guy. Am I saying Ebron will be as much of a selfish d-ck as TO? No, that would be hard to fill those shoes. But we need the exact opposite of a selfish dick. We need leadership, all-in, mature player. I like that Dennard is a known good tackler, as well as tight as a drum in coverage. If he's there, just take him; don't make this more complicated than need be.

Oviedo
05-02-2014, 08:43 PM
All things considered, if a stud CB is there, I am leaning that way. For one thing, we are thin there. Our #1 CB will be done after this year, leaving us with just one CB who is considered a 1 or 2 CB. For that reason alone, I say go CB.

For another, what is the trend right now? Passing proficiency. Passing records are being shattered because they rules and ref calls are leading to a much easier passing production. Not only can you not barely touch a WR after 5 yards, you can no longer make them pay for going over the middle, something the Steeler D was built on. So, what's that mean? You need DBs who are highly skilled at coverage while barely touching the receiver. The Super Bowl champs had crazy skill in their DBs and they won the Lombardi. That is the trend. So Pgh must upgrade their CBs, even if we weren't already thin there, and we are. I like Dennard or Gilbert. I see us taking as many as 3 DBs in the draft, 2 CBs and S. The guys who we were waiting to see if they could develop....well, we saw. Players like Brown suck and won't cut it. So we need new blood.

With Ebron, I am skeptical. A TE who doesn't even attempt to block bothers me. It tells me about his character, in that, if it's not all about him being in the lime light, he isn't interested in helping others succeed in gaining yards. What kind of person thinks like that? A selfish one. A Terrell Owens kind of guy. Am I saying Ebron will be as much of a selfish d-ck as TO? No, that would be hard to fill those shoes. But we need the exact opposite of a selfish dick. We need leadership, all-in, mature player. I like that Dennard is a known good tackler, as well as tight as a drum in coverage. If he's there, just take him; don't make this more complicated than need be.

A couple things beats:

1. None of these CBs are "stud" CBs like a Patrick Peterson. All of them have flaws
2. Since when doesn't Ebron "attempt to block?" Have you watched him play? He is not the horrible blocker he is being made to be. He isn't a great in line blocker now but he will get better at that. What he is is a mismatch nightmare. Way too fast for LBs to cover him and too big for DBs to cover him. I'll take that and let him learn the blocking. As long as we got Heath and Spaeth we have more than enough blocking at the TE position for the near term.

Shawn
05-02-2014, 09:40 PM
I myself do not like to draft WR in the first round. They have about a 60/40 % of being a bust. This year is a little different. From what I saw from him on film and know of him from LSU, he looks the part. 5'11 may not be the ideal height but he is going to be a stud. Personally I hope we end up with Dennard or Mosely. Defense wins championships. Seattle again proved this last year even in a passing league. Brandin Cooks will be the better pro.

steelsnis
05-02-2014, 09:59 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1785843/kyle-fuller

Steelers will draft Kyle Fuller at #15. Can play man and zone equally well. Versatile CB who fits what Steelers do.

thetruthteller
05-02-2014, 11:18 PM

Steelers will draft Kyle Fuller at #15. Can play man and zone equally well. Versatile CB who fits what Steelers do.

I like Fuller. But not at # 15 If that happens I have to say I will be upset. I would want Fuller, and maybe someone like Ohio State's Roby, but only in a trade down. I think we need a lot of Depth. And I feel the team needs to acquire more draft picks down lower. I have several scenarios. But I hope maybe Houston goes Clowney with the 1st pick, and that maybe a QB last to us at 15 that Hoston would desperately want. I can see us getting thie picks at 33, 65, 101, 177 ( Round 6 )...and a 2015 4th rounder just for them to move up to our spot at 15. Then, at 33, I think one of " Fuller " or " Roby " will be there. Then at 46 we can HOPE that Jordan Matthews is still around. Then we could add that Depth we would need with all those additional picks.

I can tell you, I would be better with a DB like Fuller or Roby at 33, and those extra picks then I would with staying at 15, and taking Dennard, or Gilbert..( Who I feel is vastly Overrated anyways )..But that's just me.

Shawn
05-02-2014, 11:23 PM
I like Fuller. But not at # 15 If that happens I have to say I will be upset. I would want Fuller, and maybe someone like Ohio State's Roby, but only in a trade down. I think we need a lot of Depth. And I feel the team needs to acquire more draft picks down lower. I have several scenarios. But I hope maybe Houston goes Clowney with the 1st pick, and that maybe a QB last to us at 15 that Hoston would desperately want. I can see us getting thie picks at 33, 65, 101, 177 ( Round 6 )...and a 2015 4th rounder just for them to move up to our spot at 15. Then, at 33, I think one of " Fuller " or " Roby " will be there. Then at 46 we can HOPE that Jordan Matthews is still around. Then we could add that Depth we would need with all those additional picks.

I can tell you, I would be better with a DB like Fuller or Roby at 33, and those extra picks then I would with staying at 15, and taking Dennard, or Gilbert..( Who I feel is vastly Overrated anyways )..But that's just me.

No to Roby in the first but I'm ok with Fuller at 15. He is worthy of a 15.

thetruthteller
05-02-2014, 11:42 PM
No to Roby in the first but I'm ok with Fuller at 15. He is worthy of a 15.

Why so down on Roby ? He is a better Athlete then Fuller. Bigger and a better tackler. I know he had that one DUI...But he has been very sorry for it, and he doesn't have a bad history. And he seemed to be one of the true play makers for that very good OS defense.

Shawn
05-03-2014, 09:23 AM
Why so down on Roby ? He is a better Athlete then Fuller. Bigger and a better tackler. I know he had that one DUI...But he has been very sorry for it, and he doesn't have a bad history. And he seemed to be one of the true play makers for that very good OS defense. Lots of good reasons...being a tOSU fan I seen his whole career. He fell off significantly in 2013, and if Abberderis had a decent QB he burns him not for 200 yards and a TD but 300 yards and 2 TDS easy. As good as Abberderis will be...and I believe he will be a really good NFL WR...he is still a third round prospect. Roby has off the field issues, and he is a project. Yes the guy is crazy fast, and does have skills but too much baggage...too many technical problems to be considered at 15. I don't see it happening.

legend of polamalu
05-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Why so down on Roby ? He is a better Athlete then Fuller. Bigger and a better tackler. I know he had that one DUI...But he has been very sorry for it, and he doesn't have a bad history. And he seemed to be one of the true play makers for that very good OS defense.

My College team Is OSU. I saw every game last year. He made plays but had a bad year last season. Missed tackles a lot and seemed to have a lot of mental mistakes. He looked bad in at least 4 games. Take what you want from that but he is talented. There is no way you should spend a top 15, let alone top 30 pick on this guy.
With that said I do believe he has a chance to be a solid corner in the NFL but it is determined on his work ethic and him staying out of trouble,

Shawn
05-03-2014, 09:25 AM

I think this is very possible. Maylock currently has Fuller as his #1 DB and I think with good reason.

steelsnis
05-03-2014, 10:06 AM
I think this is very possible. Maylock currently has Fuller as his #1 DB and I think with good reason.

Hes super versatile and has an NFL pedigree. Won't be too big for him. If he's there I don't think the Steelers pass on him.

hawaiiansteel
05-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Darqueze Dennard or Kyle Fuller...

thetruthteller
05-03-2014, 06:23 PM
Guys, I understand your reasoning for a CB. But, since we are set at that spot...for at least this year with Taylor, Gay and Cortez Allen....do you really think the Steelers are gonna take a CB, and at pick 15 when there is no open spot for him to start ?

Sorry my friends but I don't see it. No, I still think some sort of trade down will happen that can address two Major needs. One being the D-Line. I mean both Hood and Woods are gone. And who knows if " The Beard " will be back. No, I think we only stay at 15 if some how the Steelers 1st WR option, Mike Evans drops. If not, then we will look to trade down. Either with San Fran, Houston, and yes, even the Browns. And then we will add the best D-Linemen and WR in those first two picks.

Vader
05-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Guys, I understand your reasoning for a CB. But, since we are set at that spot...for at least this year with Taylor, Gay and Cortez Allen....do you really think the Steelers are gonna take a CB, and at pick 15 when there is no open spot for him to start ?

Sorry my friends but I don't see it. No, I still think some sort of trade down will happen that can address two Major needs. One being the D-Line. I mean both Hood and Woods are gone. And who knows if " The Beard " will be back. No, I think we only stay at 15 if some how the Steelers 1st WR option, Mike Evans drops. If not, then we will look to trade down. Either with San Fran, Houston, and yes, even the Browns. And then we will add the best D-Linemen and WR in those first two picks.

NO rookie is going to just come in and start this year. I hope to hell they don't draft like that. The Steelers try to fill all their spots before the draft so they can get the best players in the draft. Drafting a DL because you need one is a horrible draft strategy.

thetruthteller
05-03-2014, 06:48 PM
NO rookie is going to just come in and start this year. I hope to hell they don't draft like that. The Steelers try to fill all their spots before the draft so they can get the best players in the draft. Drafting a DL because you need one is a horrible draft strategy.

Well who is our second outside starting WR ?...Not Moore or Wheaton. I mean Wheaton will likely be our slot option. But not our outside option. And if we are not drafting a DL to be a starter, then who is our starter ?...Kiesel ?...He's not even signed, and no other teams even looked at him. Our back-up is gone in Woods...so who ? Okay so maybe we do bring back Kiesel, and draft a DL fairly high to get him some early time to learn. Maybe we do start Brown and Wheaton, and bring Moore in as a Slot, and draft a Bigger, taller WR, and hopefully get him ready by the half way point of the season. But, a CB will never see the field for us...not until Gay is released, or Taylor is Cut.

So in this draft, where I see no big difference from the 1st CB in this draft to the 10th one....I can't see the steelers wasting the 15th on a CB.

feltdizz
05-03-2014, 06:50 PM

We never draft for a player to start in year 1. Ben didn't even start when he was drafted 11th.

If a player can beat out a starter he will play but we NEVER draft to fill holes with rookies.

thor75
05-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Well who is our second outside starting WR ?...Not Moore or Wheaton. I mean Wheaton will likely be our slot option. But not our outside option. And if we are not drafting a DL to be a starter, then who is our starter ?...Kiesel ?...He's not even signed, and no other teams even looked at him. Our back-up is gone in Woods...so who ? Okay so maybe we do bring back Kiesel, and draft a DL fairly high to get him some early time to learn. Maybe we do start Brown and Wheaton, and bring Moore in as a Slot, and draft a Bigger, taller WR, and hopefully get him ready by the half way point of the season. But, a CB will never see the field for us...not until Gay is released, or Taylor is Cut.

So in this draft, where I see no big difference from the 1st CB in this draft to the 10th one....I can't see the steelers wasting the 15th on a CB.

What happens the year following at the CB position if we don't draft one this year since they never start year one (supposedly)? You would have to start Gay and Allen, I say get a CB now and get him going. He just may start they haven't drafted one very high in a long while, you never know.

Vader
05-03-2014, 06:59 PM

Taylor has probably a year left. You are making the mistake of thinking that any rookie is going to come in and start. They won't. Why can't Moore start? He's a vet and has played at a high level. No DL you draft is going to start this year either. So it isn't about this year. The draft never is about the year the player is drafted in. You start drafting for "needs" and you'll end up like the browns.

thetruthteller
05-03-2014, 07:06 PM
We never draft for a player to start in year 1. Ben didn't even start when he was drafted 11th.

If a player can beat out a starter he will play but we NEVER draft to fill holes with rookies.

I'm sorry sir but I disagree. I mean Jones was drafted last year to be a starter....he just sucked is all. And Pouncey was drafted to be our Immediate starting Center cause Justin Hartwig retired after the 2009 season. Also, even though he got hurt early on, Dave Decastro was drafted to be our starting Guard. There are a lot more examples as well. So the Steelers have drafted for Immediate need in the past.

feltdizz
05-03-2014, 07:24 PM
I'm sorry sir but I disagree. I mean Jones was drafted last year to be a starter....he just sucked is all. And Pouncey was drafted to be our Immediate starting Center cause Justin Hartwig retired after the 2009 season. Also, even though he got hurt early on, Dave Decastro was drafted to be our starting Guard. There are a lot more examples as well. So the Steelers have drafted for Immediate need in the past.

Jones wasn't drafted to start. Worilds and Woodley were our starters and Worilds struggled early on so Jones got a shot and failed.

Decastro and Pouncey weren't expected to start as well. Sure we hoped they would crack the starting line up but we always approach our draft with the anticipation they won't.

thetruthteller
05-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Jones wasn't drafted to start. Worilds and Woodley were our starters and Worilds struggled early on so Jones got a shot and failed.

Decastro and Pouncey weren't expected to start as well. Sure we hoped they would crack the starting line up but we always approach our draft with the anticipation they won't.

If Pouncey wasn't expected to be a starter, then what Center did the Steelers sign in free agency to be their starter ? Cause I don't remember one. And as stated, our starter for years in Hartwig retired. That's why the Pouncey selection in 2010 was the easiest prediction for everyone that draft.

Ernie
05-03-2014, 07:34 PM
To the guys who think a rookie CB is not going to potentially start in year 1...what are the chances that Ike (at 35)... C. Allen (who was hurt last year)...and W. Gay all remain healthy for the entire season?

thetruthteller
05-03-2014, 07:41 PM
To the guys who think a rookie CB is not going to potentially start in year 1...what are the chances that Ike (at 35)... C. Allen (who was hurt last year)...and W. Gay all remain healthy for the entire season?

I would hardly call Allen and his 2 games he missed being seriously Injured. And Ike didn't miss a game all last year. And Gay has never missed a single game ever in his entire career. Not to mention we already have depth based talent behind them already who have played, and know our system.

legend of polamalu
05-08-2014, 10:02 AM
My final odds on these guys being our 1st rounder....R. Shazier is shooting up my board. Dude ran like a 4.4 40

D. Dennard CB M. State 16%
CJ Mosely ILB ALA 14%
*J. Gilbert CB OK ST. 13%
K. Fuller CB Va Tech 12%
Odell Beckham Jr. WR LSU 10%
Ryan Shazier ILB OSU 10%

*An offensive Tackle (Lewan, Thomas) 7%
*M. Evans WR T A & M 5%
*A. Barr OLB UCLA 3%
L. Nix DT N. Dame 3%
M. Lee WR USC 2%