PDA

View Full Version : Some burning Questions.....

legend of polamalu
03-24-2014, 11:19 PM
I just did my own depth chart for the Steelers and had some questions...

Who is are number 2 WR? Ben has 1 target in the WR core that he is familiar with. It may take time with Lance and he really is a no. 3

Who is are starting DT and DE opposite Heyward? Can Cam Thomas start at DT and McClendon move to DE? If not who is our other DE?

What happens if Ike gets hurt, who takes his spot? Or if age shows more than we thought it would like last year?

We have 1 legit RB on the roster...who is going to be the no. 2 and no. 3

We let a lot of Steelers leave, which we usually do not do...why the change? We really needed to keep at least one the WR's that left (cotch, sanders) It takes time for a qb and wr's to gell.

Solutions?: Sign Blount- Rb Depth solved....Draft 6'5 WR... Benjamen or A & M dude ( I hate drafting WR in first rnd=Gamble)
Draft CB in the 2nd round
DL-Bring in Alex Carrington? How do we draft a Nix when we have 3 DT already???

Lastly: How can we use the 6 million in cap space on June 1st from Woodley. Just draft picks?..Won't all significant FA's be gone?

To many questions....I hope that doesn't mean another 8-8 season. Please help!

Shoe
03-24-2014, 11:29 PM
All questions up in the air AFAIC. The defense is wholly mediocre IMO, and is the side that needs major focus. We can use a WR, but even without one, I can see our offense (with an emphasis on run, with Pouncey back, Bell, and Munchak) being solid at least.

Our D however, is filled with ham & eggers. People here LOVE Cam, and I've grown to appreciate the guy's toughness and motor. But if he is your "dynamic" playmaker, you've got problems. Worilds can't be considered that. Timmons is just a good, solid guy... not a star.

And our secondary is even worse.

pfelix73
03-24-2014, 11:38 PM
It was in the news awhile back that Ben was working out/ throwing with Derek Moye. This kid is 6'5" and I think he has an upside and a bright future in Pittsburgh. He could be your Sanders replacement. Lets also not forget that Burress still wants to play one more year, but who knows what will happen there. They will sign a RB here when the meetings are over. Sounds like it could be MJD from what Tomlin was saying in his interview, or it could be Blount. Cam Thomas was brought in to play DE. Not NT.

As far as CB goes, this is where I think they will go in round 1. they are gonna have the opportunity to get one of those top tiered CB's. The draft is gonna be huge, as always. with the extra picks they are getting, they need to have a good draft... And yea, according to that article they also want to sign Carrington... whew....

legend of polamalu
03-25-2014, 12:02 AM
It was in the news awhile back that Ben was working out/ throwing with Derek Moye. This kid is 6'5" and I think he has an upside and a bright future in Pittsburgh. He could be your Sanders replacement. Lets also not forget that Burress still wants to play one more year, but who knows what will happen there. They will sign a RB here when the meetings are over. Sounds like it could be MJD from what Tomlin was saying in his interview, or it could be Blount. Cam Thomas was brought in to play DE. Not NT.

As far as CB goes, this is where I think they will go in round 1. they are gonna have the opportunity to get one of those top tiered CB's. The draft is gonna be huge, as always. with the extra picks they are getting, they need to have a good draft... And yea, according to that article they also want to sign Carrington... whew....

WR and CB are my two most concerns...The one thing I remember Moye for is his most impt pass of the year--he dropped. Also Burress is done my friend. Seems like CB is the most logical pick at 1 if the guy we want is there.

D Rock
03-25-2014, 07:23 AM
Right now I would go 1- Darqueze Dennard, 2 -Allen Robinson.

And hopefully they still sign MJD.

papillon
03-25-2014, 08:12 AM
Right now I would go 1- Darqueze Dennard, 2 -Allen Robinson.

And hopefully they still sign MJD.

Except for Watkins, Robinson is a receiver that has great career written on him. He has good size and will be able to battle cornerbacks for the ball, because he isn't 6'5" he is quicker and has a little more speed than the big tall guys and from what I've seen watching some PSU games he has good hands. If they can get him in the second he'd be my choice over the others.

I don't think he'll be there when the Steelers pick in the second.

Pappy

Shawn
03-25-2014, 09:18 AM

As far as CB goes, this is where I think they will go in round 1. they are gonna have the opportunity to get one of those top tiered CB's. The draft is gonna be huge, as always. with the extra picks they are getting, they need to have a good draft... And yea, according to that article they also want to sign Carrington... whew.... I agree. I like what I see from this guy. If he had been able to make that TD snag he would have gotten much more PT last season.

Slapstick
03-25-2014, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't discount Justin Brown either...Moye had spent time with the Dolphins, Saints and Steelers prior to last season while Brown was a true rookie...I'm interested to see how he developed over the last year...

RuthlessBurgher
03-25-2014, 11:32 AM
With the Woodley cap savings after June 1, we sign our draft class and re-sign some vets who know the system for depth purposes to 1 year deals...Keisel and Harrison. I doubt either guy will have any of the other teams clamoring to sign them before then. Also, we can check on the progress of guys like LaRod Stephens-Howling and Fernando Velasco coming back from injury. If they are progressing, then possibly re-sign them to a 1 year "prove it" type of deal. Same thing with someone like Jermichael Finley. He is apparently months away from being cleared, and our team neurosurgeon Dr. Maroon performed his neck surgery so we have an inside source re: his progress so he might be a post June 1 target as well.