PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace: I Should Have Had 15-20 more TDs

BradshawsHairdresser
01-27-2014, 12:13 AM
"I should have had 15 or 20 more touchdowns," Wallace said, via the Miami Herald (http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2014/01/mike-wallace-says-things-must-change-dolphins-heat-hurricanes-marlins-chatter.html). "And that's being modest. If you press me, you have no shot to cover me. Once I get you to stop your feet, it's over."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24421003/dolphins-wr-mike-wallace-i-shouldve-had-15-20-more-tds-in-2013

He's delusional.

SteelBucks
01-27-2014, 12:43 AM
Then why didn't you?

#OneTrickPony

Eich
01-27-2014, 09:14 AM
He's right about if you press him, he'll get open. But that doesn't really matter when the stars have to align in order for him to make a catch. If the pass isn't laid in there perfectly, no catch. It's seriously delusional, comical and even sad for him to say at this point that he should've had 20 more TDs, breaking Moss' record in a season.

Oviedo
01-27-2014, 09:23 AM
He's right about if you press him, he'll get open. But that doesn't really matter when the stars have to align in order for him to make a catch. If the pass isn't laid in there perfectly, no catch. It's seriously delusional, comical and even sad for him to say at this point that he should've had 20 more TDs, breaking Moss' record in a season.

No its not right because the league knows that all you have to do is provide over the top support and Wallace has no answers. He can't and won't fight for the difficult catches which many in or near the end zone become.

There were quite a few "perfect" passes he dropped this year. Several neighbors here in Florida are life long Dolphin fans and they have nothing good to say about Wallace and think he was a terrible acquisition for the team because of his inconsistencies.

feltdizz
01-27-2014, 10:00 AM
he can't catch in traffic... and everyone knows it but him.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-27-2014, 10:47 AM

Kind of funny when you think about it..."if you cover me the way I want you to, then I will beat you. However, if you cover me the way logic dictates, then I can't get open. So please cover me this way" :D

squidkid
01-27-2014, 10:56 AM
remember when all the 'fans' wanted the steelers to throw huge dollar amounts at this guy
said the offense would take a serious hit and regress
how brown will suck without wallace opening stuff up for him
how ben will blow

Jigawatts
01-27-2014, 12:26 PM
Ryan Tannehill or Ben Roethlisberger? That was his choice.

squidkid
01-27-2014, 12:37 PM
Ryan Tannehill or Ben Roethlisberger? That was his choice.

$$$$$$$ was his choice, and since he left, it looks to be the correct one

feltdizz
01-27-2014, 12:40 PM
$$$$$$$ was his choice, and since he left, it looks to be the correct one

Then he needs to shut up about production and woulda, coulda TD's...

feltdizz
01-27-2014, 12:42 PM
remember when all the 'fans' wanted the steelers to throw huge dollar amounts at this guy
how ben will blow

Yep, WR is one position where we have a great track record of keeping the right guy.

Oviedo
01-27-2014, 12:43 PM
how ben will blow

I think it was a pretty even split because I know alot of fans didn't want to keep Wallace at what he was asking for because we saw 3 years of the drops, failing to fight for catches, etc. Wallace is an over-hyped product of the video game era and fantasy football where making ESPN highlights because you run fast is mistaken for qualifications as a good all around football player.

squidkid
01-27-2014, 01:00 PM
Then he needs to shut up about production and woulda, coulda TD's...

i'm only assuming he's trying to fool some more people into thinking he's worth the money.
i think wr and rb are the easiest positions to find in the nfl.
most wrs are only as good as the qb throwing to them. the elite ones that you need to get or keep are the big, physical ones

feltdizz
01-27-2014, 01:47 PM
i'm only assuming he's trying to fool some more people into thinking he's worth the money.
most wrs are only as good as the qb throwing to them. the elite ones that you need to get or keep are the big, physical ones

WR's who are paid like Wallace tend to catch anything thrown within arms length. Wallace needs a perfect pass...hell, now he needs the perfect coverage to succeed.

papillon
01-27-2014, 02:26 PM
Yep, WR is one position where we have a great track record of keeping the right guy.

Ben is the reason that it appears that the Steelers keep the right guy; he's underrated by Steeler fans.

Pappy

sick beats
01-27-2014, 02:36 PM

More evidence that he is pretty much a turd as a person.

steelblood
01-27-2014, 02:56 PM
An outside the numbers WR who cannot consistently high point the football either lacks instincts, intelligence, drive or some combination of the three. Wallace is not a technician and has not worked to improve himself. I do not feel sorry for him or the Dolphins. But, I do salute the Steelers for not overpaying him or letting him hold them hostage in a negotiation. He did not earn that.

don2016
01-27-2014, 04:18 PM
He chose to go to a bad team. Miami stinks. Ben Roethliberger or Tannehill? Hmmmmmmm. You reap what you sew Mr Wallace.

Oviedo
01-27-2014, 04:57 PM
An outside the numbers WR who cannot consistently high point the football either lacks instincts, intelligence, drive or some combination of the three. Wallace is not a technician and has not worked to improve himself. I do not feel sorry for him or the Dolphins. But, I do salute the Steelers for not overpaying him or letting him hold them hostage in a negotiation. He did not earn that.

hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

squidkid
01-27-2014, 05:00 PM
He chose to go to a bad team. Miami stinks. Ben Roethliberger or Tannehill? Hmmmmmmm. You reap what you sew Mr Wallace.

so do the steelers.
i bet wallass can cope with being on a bad team more easily in the climate of miami compared to pitt.
that is even if he gives a **** about winning.

SS Laser
01-27-2014, 05:03 PM
most wrs are only as good as the qb throwing to them. the elite ones that you need to get or keep are the big, physical ones I disagree about the big physical WR. It is a smart physical WR that will be his worth. And yes I am talking about the Hinds Ward, AB, Cotchery, AR EL, Louis Lipps, Lynn Swann, Santonio Holmes, Courtyney Hawkins, and Sanders. All Smurfs and good to great NFL WR's. And this is just for the Steelers. Check this list yourself. http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/alltime-receiving Seems the Steelers like the Smurfs except for Plex and Stallworth. Seemed to have worked out well so far. TE can be the big guy in the red zone. Also most are right on here that the QB matters also. :)

squidkid
01-27-2014, 05:14 PM
I disagree about the big physical WR. It is a smart physical WR that will be his worth. And yes I am talking about the Hinds Ward, AB, Cotchery, AR EL, Louis Lipps, Lynn Swann, Santonio Holmes, Courtyney Hawkins, and Sanders. All Smurfs and good to great NFL WR's. And this is just for the Steelers. Check this list yourself. http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/alltime-receiving Seems the Steelers like the Smurfs except for Plex and Stallworth. Seemed to have worked out well so far. TE can be the big guy in the red zone. Also most are right on here that the QB matters also. :)

im not disputing a smart, tough a but small receivers arent valuable. i want to couple that(brown) with a tall, physical wr and/or te

SS Laser
01-27-2014, 06:05 PM
im not disputing a smart, tough a but small receivers arent valuable. i want to couple that(brown) with a tall, physical wr and/or te TE I agree. But still a good to great tall WR must be very rare. Unless 6-2 or 6-3 is tall? The really big almost TE sized WR like Megaton with enough speed and wiggle seems like a unicorn. Was Plex really that much better then Ward or AB even? Lets forget his small brain. :) Just talking WR production and talent. There seems to be more then few really big WR's in this draft with talent. But will they pan out in the NFL.? And it takes a premium pick for them most times. Were the smurfs can be had 3rd or lower which is nice. Also would like to give Wheaton a chance. Now a big WR to develop in a later round draft steal kind of guy would be great. Maybe Moye or Brown can be that player this coming season after being around AB and JC. The Sweed pick still gives me the chills. And Plax had his issues when here and after. Also something to look at is the bigger WR in Haley's offence? How have they done in AZ and KC? Yes the QB matters in both of them stats but just wondering how he works with the big WR. Yes I know he had Fitz.:)

SidSmythe
01-27-2014, 06:09 PM
dude plays too many video games.

feltdizz
01-27-2014, 06:22 PM
im not disputing a smart, tough a but small receivers arent valuable. i want to couple that(brown) with a tall, physical wr and/or te

The production trumps the size.

NorthCoast
01-27-2014, 10:47 PM
I disagree about the big physical WR. It is a smart physical WR that will be his worth. And yes I am talking about the Hinds Ward, AB, Cotchery, AR EL, Louis Lipps, Lynn Swann, Santonio Holmes, Courtyney Hawkins, and Sanders. All Smurfs and good to great NFL WR's. And this is just for the Steelers. Check this list yourself. http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/alltime-receiving Seems the Steelers like the Smurfs except for Plex and Stallworth. Seemed to have worked out well so far. TE can be the big guy in the red zone. Also most are right on here that the QB matters also. :)

Makes sense. Much easier and more common to find the Wes Welkers, Danny Amendolas, Antonio Browns in the draft than the C Johnsons, A Johnsons. The Steelers seem to get it, but their talent evaluation goes deeper because they typically find these gems where others have overlooked.

Oh, and btw, don't miss M Wallace in the slightest. He got what he wanted, and so did the Steelers. So it all worked out good.

squidkid
01-28-2014, 09:29 AM
The production trumps the size.

who's advocating drafting a big, physical pass catcher that doesnt produce over a small, weak one that does?

squidkid
01-28-2014, 09:34 AM
Makes sense. Much easier and more common to find the Wes Welkers, Danny Amendolas, Antonio Browns in the draft than the C Johnsons, A Johnsons. The Steelers seem to get it, but their talent evaluation goes deeper because they typically find these gems where others have overlooked.

Oh, and btw, don't miss M Wallace in the slightest. He got what he wanted, and so did the Steelers. So it all worked out good.

agreed because there are more of them. this year the steelers sucked enough to put themselves in position to draft one of the rare big wrs.
why not be one of the few teams in the league that have the luxury of pairing a physical freak wr with one of those a wrs that every team has?

feltdizz
01-28-2014, 10:23 AM
who's advocating drafting a big, physical pass catcher that doesnt produce over a small, weak one that does?

who said YOU were or weren't?

squidkid
01-28-2014, 10:33 AM
who said YOU were or weren't?

apparently you since you quoted me

Moonie
01-28-2014, 08:33 PM
So glad he's gone.

Two more years with similar production in Miami. Then a predictable NFL tour: Ravens, Raiders, and Bellicheck, then no one signs him again, and he fades away from fan memories to where no one even remembers the touchdowns he actually caught, much less the imaginary ones he believes should have been thrown right to him.

flippy
01-30-2014, 10:38 AM
Hands Wallace might as well have said he should have had 100 TDs. That sounds about the same anyway. Delusional!!!

feltdizz
01-30-2014, 01:56 PM
apparently you since you quoted me

nah.. I just said production trumps size..

I never said a word about advocating.

This was weird... lol

fezziwig
01-30-2014, 05:03 PM
It hasn't been since we went 15-1 in Bens rookie year that I have found a thread that we are all agreeing upon something.

thor75
01-30-2014, 09:16 PM
thor75: I should have 15-20 more beers before I want to hear what Mike Wallace has to say.

fezziwig
01-30-2014, 10:16 PM
thor75 , LMAO !

feltdizz
01-31-2014, 04:35 PM
It hasn't been since we went 15-1 in Bens rookie year that I have found a thread that we are all agreeing upon something.

last year at this time it was a madhouse predicting how great Wallace would be vs how bad AB would be as our #1.

Funny how things change.

hawaiiansteel
02-28-2014, 06:08 PM
well, that didn't take long...

Report: Dolphins Might Be Open To Trading WR Mike Wallace

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the Miami Dolphins might be open to trading wide receiver Mike Wallace

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/02/report-dolphins-might-be-open-to-trading-wr-mike-wallace/

SteelerOfDeVille
02-28-2014, 06:57 PM

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the Miami Dolphins might be open to trading wide receiver Mike Wallace

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/02/report-dolphins-might-be-open-to-trading-wr-mike-wallace/

wasn't Dion Jordan a first rounder this past year? like top 10 pick? WTH?

SteelerOfDeVille
02-28-2014, 06:58 PM
nah.. I just said production trumps size..
ummm... that's what sh.... eh... nevermind.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-01-2014, 10:31 AM

The report is wrong. Dolphins have already denied it and common sense dictates that it is not true. They want to trade Dion Jordan who they just drafted and is under contract very cheap for the next three years? They'd have to eat too much on Wallace. Look, the dude is not what he signed for, but he is not a negative value player. Read further into the comments and it gets shot down.

feltdizz
03-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Its La Canfora.... always need another source because he will say anything to get attention.

Oviedo
03-01-2014, 03:30 PM
The report is wrong. Dolphins have already denied it and common sense dictates that it is not true. They want to trade Dion Jordan who they just drafted and is under contract very cheap for the next three years? They'd have to eat too much on Wallace. Look, the dude is not what he signed for, but he is not a negative value player. Read further into the comments and it gets shot down.

The Dolphins were stupid enough to sign Wallace for what they did, so I'm glad they are stuck living with their mistake.

squidkid
03-01-2014, 04:44 PM
The Dolphins were stupid enough to sign Wallace for what they did, so I'm glad they are stuck living with their mistake.

remember all the fans that wanted us to pay wallace?

NorthCoast
03-01-2014, 06:43 PM

umm... I am having a hard time remembering a single fan that wanted to pay wallace.....

pretty much universal nobody thought he was worth it.

feltdizz
03-01-2014, 07:53 PM
umm... I am having a hard time remembering a single fan that wanted to pay wallace.....

pretty much universal nobody thought he was worth it.

Nope.... plenty of people wanted us to keep Wallace and bashed the FO for signing Brown.

Wallace was just bad.... really bad.. so bad those fans never admitted their mistake.

Oviedo
03-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Nope.... plenty of people wanted us to keep Wallace and bashed the FO for signing Brown.

Wallace was just bad.... really bad.. so bad those fans never admitted their mistake.

Yep! There were plenty of posters who thought it was a mistake to give Brown "Wallace's money." Many posted that the front office was being vindictive. Appears they were smart.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Yep! There were plenty of posters who thought it was a mistake to give Brown "Wallace's money." Many posted that the front office was being vindictive. Appears they were smart.

careful on that high horse ovi

remember the year you advocated trading our entire draft for cj spiller?

Oviedo
03-02-2014, 10:34 AM
careful on that high horse ovi

remember the year you advocated trading our entire draft for cj spiller?

Well, I don't ever recall saying give away our entire draft not even once, and CJ Spiller would have been the best RB on our team until we got Bell this year so getting him would have been a good move given the alternatives were Mendenhall and Redman.

feltdizz
03-02-2014, 11:09 AM
Well, I don't ever recall saying give away our entire draft not even once, and CJ Spiller would have been the best RB on our team until we got Bell this year so getting him would have been a good move given the alternatives were Mendenhall and Redman.

I agree.... Spiller would have been worth it if we traded a pick or 2. That guy makes a bad OL look good.

papillon
03-02-2014, 05:39 PM

Wallace would have continued his success in Pittsburgh, it's the difference between Ben and Tannehill.

Pappy

D Rock
03-02-2014, 06:52 PM
I wanted Wallace to stay. For a reasonable contract.

NOBODY wanted Wallace for anywhere near what the Dolphins gave him.

feltdizz
03-02-2014, 07:16 PM
I wanted Wallace to stay. For a reasonable contract.

NOBODY wanted Wallace for anywhere near what the Dolphins gave him.
Ehh... there were a couple of fans on here saying he should get a blank check. Youare correct though, most wanted him at a reasonable price but IMO he rejected that for obvious reasons.

squidkid
03-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Ehh... there were a couple of fans on here saying he should get a blank check. Youare correct though, most wanted him at a reasonable price but IMO he rejected that for obvious reasons.

there were also a lot of fans that said our offense would stink without wallace and brown wouldnt be effective without wallace taking the top off coverage

Oviedo
03-02-2014, 08:43 PM
there were also a lot of fans that said our offense would stink without wallace and brown wouldnt be effective without wallace taking the top off coverage

On the money. The "taking the top off coverage" was the biggest thing we heard, but what many failed the see is that the league figured out Wallace for what he was an adjusted even his last season here. They wouldn't let him take the top off the coverage and he lacked the skills to do much more than be the "One trick pony" he always was.

squidkid
03-02-2014, 09:20 PM
On the money. The "taking the top off coverage" was the biggest thing we heard, but what many failed the see is that the league figured out Wallace for what he was an adjusted even his last season here. They would let him take the top off the coverage and he lacked the skills to do much more than be the "One trick pony" he always was.

yup. i also remember making the statement that our offense would be better in 2013 than it was in 2012 without wallace

Oviedo
03-03-2014, 09:02 AM
yup. i also remember making the statement that our offense would be better in 2013 than it was in 2012 without wallace

I did too because it took away Ben's greatest temptation of throwing an ill advised, low percentage deep pass and passing on higher percentage short to medium range passes.

phillyesq
03-03-2014, 09:14 AM
I did too because it took away Ben's greatest temptation of throwing an ill advised, low percentage deep pass and passing on higher percentage short to medium range passes.

Ben still threw that pass, seemingly once per game, to Sanders, who never had any separation and who failed to convert all but maybe one attempt.

I was one of those who wanted Wallace to stay for a reasonable contract or, alternatively, for the Steelers to get value for him.

feltdizz
03-03-2014, 09:41 AM

Chain mover vs deep ball...

I appreciated Wallace's one trick because it was a good trick but it was all he had in his arsenal. Biggest problem with Wallace is if the ball wasn't perfect the chance of him catching it was .02%

Oviedo
03-03-2014, 09:58 AM
Ben still threw that pass, seemingly once per game, to Sanders, who never had any separation and who failed to convert all but maybe one attempt.

I was one of those who wanted Wallace to stay for a reasonable contract or, alternatively, for the Steelers to get value for him.

I'll take the 3rd Round Comp Pick for him versus paying him a ridiculous amount of money.

phillyesq
03-03-2014, 11:01 AM
I'll take the 3rd Round Comp Pick for him versus paying him a ridiculous amount of money.

In a universe where those are the only two options, yes, I'd take that as well. I would have preferred a trade earlier - when the Steelers gave Wallace the RFA tender and it was apparent that he wouldn't sign, I would have preferred that they move him then. There was at least one team willing to give Wallace huge money, and perhaps other teams as well, according to some reports. A player like that has value. I'd prefer the Steelers to maximize the value as opposed to just getting a comp pick.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-03-2014, 11:14 AM
In a universe where those are the only two options, yes, I'd take that as well. I would have preferred a trade earlier - when the Steelers gave Wallace the RFA tender and it was apparent that he wouldn't sign, I would have preferred that they move him then. There was at least one team willing to give Wallace huge money, and perhaps other teams as well, according to some reports. A player like that has value. I'd prefer the Steelers to maximize the value as opposed to just getting a comp pick.

Trying to remember my years correctly... didn't we go to the Super Bowl that year against the packers? I probably would have take "1-more-shot" with that guy (and been ticked like they probably were when you see him stop playing).

phillyesq
03-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Trying to remember my years correctly... didn't we go to the Super Bowl that year against the packers? I probably would have take "1-more-shot" with that guy (and been ticked like they probably were when you see him stop playing).

I believe that Wallace was an RFA after the debacle in Denver, and a UFA in the offseason after the 8-8 season.

hawaiiansteel
03-27-2014, 12:07 AM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/a2/a22e7ff6d8402b7d490f1d6fb00f9325f59b4a710f81b339ec 4e14bb8cefb25f.jpg

Rara
03-27-2014, 12:34 AM
Yes, he is available for trade....do I want him back? HELL NO!

hawaiiansteel
03-27-2014, 02:53 AM
Yes, he is available for trade....do I want him back? HELL NO!

Report: Dolphins still trying to trade Mike Wallace

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 26, 2014

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/300x-197.jpg?w=250

Last month, when Jason La Canfora of CBS reported that the Dolphins were trying to trade Mike Wallace, the Dolphins denied it. But the report isn’t going away.

La Canfora reported today that the Dolphins have renewed their attempts to trade Wallace during the league meetings, and that some interested teams are doing their homework on Wallace. La Canfora even floats the possibility of a trade between the Dolphins and Eagles, sending DeSean Jackson to Miami and Wallace to Philadelphia.

However, Wallace’s contract makes him a tough player to trade. The Dolphins would take an immediate cap charge of $8.8 million if they trade him before June 1. And more importantly, any team that trades for Wallace would be taking on his fully guaranteed salary of $15 million this season. Does anyone seriously believe any other team is going to pay Wallace $15 million, fully guaranteed, this season?

By trying to trade Wallace, new Dolphins G.M. Dennis Hickey is acknowledging that he thinks former Dolphins G.M. Jeff Ireland wasted a lot of Stephen Ross’s money and a lot of the team’s cap space when he signed Wallace to a five-year, $60 million contract this season. It’s highly unlikely that any other team would be willing to trade for that contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/26/report-dolphins-still-trying-to-trade-mike-wallace/

Discipline of Steel
03-27-2014, 06:04 AM
The Dolphins will have to provide additional compensation for another team to take him.

Slapstick
03-27-2014, 06:18 AM
And this is the entire problem with the idea of the Steelers trading him...

Not only would another team have had to give up a high draft pick to the Steelers, they would have given Wallace an exorbitant contract as well...nobody wanted to do that with the Steelers then and nobody wants to do that now...

The Steelers did maximize their return...

BradshawsHairdresser
03-27-2014, 08:31 AM
It appears that getting rid of that diva may have been addition by subtraction.:D

K Train
03-27-2014, 08:37 AM
Man $15 million.....i liked wallace and all but that is INSANE

Shawn
03-27-2014, 08:59 AM
Looks like the Steelers are smarter than some of us think.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-27-2014, 09:47 AM
Nobody is trading for Wallace. This only gets worse for the Dolphins. Even in a trade he is guranteed 15 mil in '14. Dolphins can't even restructure it to make it better to try & help a trade. He is going to make 9.85, 11.45, & 11.45 in base '15-'17. This is bad for them. If this is really going on behind the scenes...Does anyone expect Wallace to "Pro-up" & come out in '14 and prove his worth? They will have to sit on a locker room cancer for '14 or cut him & swallow the close to 24 mil of dead money. If they can make it through '14...They an cut him next year & swallow 9.6 mil. That will probably be the route

B&GinNC
03-27-2014, 10:26 AM
Chain mover vs deep ball...

I appreciated Wallace's one trick because it was a good trick but it was all he had in his arsenal. Biggest problem with Wallace is if the ball wasn't perfect the chance of him catching it was .02%

This was made apparent when watching the last gasp drive attempt in SB XLV. In XLIII, Stonio stepped up and played like a #1... when he asked for the money, at least he had demonstrated he deserved it. Watching Wallace try to get open in a tight end of game situation with a title on the line would've been comical had it not been my team losing.

hausparty
03-27-2014, 01:40 PM
Steelers are extremely smart when it comes to $$$$$

Always loved that about our team. We always seem to buy LOW and sell HIGH.

Letting go of Sanders and Cotch is the right decision at this point but it still doesn't change the fact that we need 1 or 2 more WR's to come in here! If we are settling for the cheap Lance Moore we need to find 1 more Lance Moore type player as well to compete with Wheaton for the #2 or #3 spot. 1.5 Million for a WR in a passing league is worth the investment IMO.

Moonie
03-27-2014, 09:56 PM
Dolphins would be crazy to trade a guy who should have had 15-20 more TDs. I could see if he should have had 10 more TDs, maybe test the waters. But 15-20 more hypothetical touchdowns? No way.

jj28west
03-27-2014, 10:58 PM
Great point

This was made apparent when watching the last gasp drive attempt in SB XLV. In XLIII, Stonio stepped up and played like a #1... when he asked for the money, at least he had demonstrated he deserved it. Watching Wallace try to get open in a tight end of game situation with a title on the line would've been comical had it not been my team losing.

hawaiiansteel
03-28-2014, 01:44 AM
Dolphins would be crazy to trade a guy who should have had 15-20 more TDs. I could see if he should have had 10 more TDs, maybe test the waters. But 15-20 more hypothetical touchdowns? No way.

exactly!

I mean, what if Wallace scores 25 TDs next season? ;)

Discipline of Steel
03-28-2014, 05:43 AM
Mike Haynesworth

hawaiiansteel
10-29-2014, 05:58 PM
Morning take: Mike Wallace frustrated by offense

October, 29, 2014
By James Walker | ESPN.com

Here are the most interesting Miami Dolphins stories Wednesday from around the Web:

Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald writes receiver Mike Wallace is frustrated by the offense.

Morning take: Wallace is bothered by the offense's inconsistency. There are a lot of Dolphins fans who feel the same.

http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/11070/morning-take-mike-wallace-frustrated-by-offense

RobinCole
10-29-2014, 08:41 PM
I agree 100% that Wallace was not worth keeping at the price he was asking, but the idea that he ONLY ran deep routes and ONLY caught long passes is a bit much. I remember a lot of crossing routes, bubble screens (yes, bubble screens) and other short routes that he caught and added on a lot of YAC. Some he took all the way. But if he's on the trading block, I'll pass. Seems to be a pain in the azz.

hawaiiansteel
10-29-2014, 08:44 PM
But if he's on the trading block, I'll pass. Seems to be a pain in the azz.

and I highly doubt any NFL team would be willing to take on Mike Wallace's outrageous contract...

RobinCole
10-29-2014, 08:45 PM
That too.....

JoshBroski
10-30-2014, 01:49 AM
He's frustrated he's seeing his former teammate turning into the next Jerry Rice and his other one doing well with Peyton while he's stuck catching passes from Tannehill. Wallace is not a bad receiver, he just chose money over everything else.

Oviedo
10-30-2014, 05:15 AM
Maybe the Dolphins and the league are finding out what many Steelers fans knew already. Wallace is a really fast guy but a very average receiver in terms of skill. Reality is that he needs a very good QB to deliver perfect passes to him because he lacks skills to make adjustments on balls in the air. Don't miss him at all.

AxnJxn
10-30-2014, 07:40 AM
He's frustrated he's seeing his former teammate turning into the next Jerry Rice and his other one doing well with Peyton while he's stuck catching passes from Tannehill. Wallace is not a bad receiver, he just chose money over everything else.

Well, sort of. I believe Minnesota offered more money than Miami. But, if you had a choice of living in Minnesota or Miami during the winter, I think most would make the same decision.

Oviedo
10-30-2014, 08:08 AM
Well, sort of. I believe Minnesota offered more money than Miami. But, if you had a choice of living in Minnesota or Miami during the winter, I think most would make the same decision.

Also a state with state income tax (9.85% max I believe) and one without.

papillon
10-30-2014, 08:56 AM

Taxes are a huge draw for these guys that are making millions, saving nearly 10% of your salary isn't a meager pittance.

Pappy

feltdizz
10-30-2014, 09:29 AM

yup... so the money is probably the same or a little more in Miami...

add in the weather and the women and it's a no-brainer.

papillon
10-30-2014, 10:24 AM
yup... so the money is probably the same or a little more in Miami...

add in the weather and the women and it's a no-brainer.

One thing that I believe we can say for certain and that is that the quarterback makes the receiver far more often than vice versa. If Mike Wallace were still playing for the Steelers him and Antonio would be in the conversation as the best duo in the league. Ben to Wallace >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tannehill to Wallace. I'm not sure why Mike Wallace is frustrated though, he had to know that Ben was a far superior quarterback than Tannehill.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
10-30-2014, 10:32 AM
One thing that I believe we can say for certain and that is that the quarterback makes the receiver far more often than vice versa. If Mike Wallace were still playing for the Steelers him and Antonio would be in the conversation as the best duo in the league. Ben to Wallace >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tannehill to Wallace. I'm not sure why Mike Wallace is frustrated though, he had to know that Ben was a far superior quarterback than Tannehill.

Pappy

I think Pappy might read K.C. Joyner on ESPN.com...the weekly reminder of his Wallace/Megatron comparison from a few years ago tends to bring out approximately the same number of greater than signs. :)

papillon
10-30-2014, 11:47 AM
I think Pappy might read K.C. Joyner on ESPN.com...the weekly reminder of his Wallace/Megatron comparison from a few years ago tends to bring out approximately the same number of greater than signs. :)

I don't even know who KC Joyner is, but if it helps make my point, then obviously I read his articles. :p

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
10-30-2014, 01:13 PM
I don't even know who KC Joyner is, but if it helps make my point, then obviously I read his articles. :p

Pappy

Okay...he is ESPN's resident "Football Scientist" and there is just always someone to remind him that Megatron>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wallace on a weekly basis. When I saw a ridiculous number of greater than signs in a thread about Mike Wallace, this was obviously my first thought.