PDA

View Full Version : Will Allen Visits Steelers Facilities

BradshawsHairdresser
10-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Cut by the Cowboys one day, in the 'Burgh the next. Don't know if a signing is imminent. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/09/after-being-released-by-cowboys-will-allen-in-pittsburgh/

Steelhere10
10-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Good and cut
Clark ...

Eddie Spaghetti
10-09-2013, 07:10 PM
we're putting the band back together!!!!

sorry, had to be done

Chadman
10-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Well, he doesn't hurt the team.In fact, he's an improvement over some of the DB's currently on the roster, and can tackle.

fordfixer
10-09-2013, 07:27 PM
how pathetic is it the best thing you can say about a guy is that he doesn't hurt the team

Ernie
10-09-2013, 07:32 PM
The best thing I can say is... the dude was damned solid last year, and shouldn't have been let go to begin with. Can you say...bye bye Troy? lol

Chadman
10-09-2013, 07:34 PM
how pathetic is it the best thing you can say about a guy is that he doesn't hurt the team

Yes & no. Pretty sure if you go through all the available FA's in the NFL, most teams will be able to point to a guy & say "well, he wouldn't hurt us if he was here".

It's not like Will Allen is Scott Shields. If Scott Shields 'wouldn't hurt us'... that'd be bad.

Discipline of Steel
10-09-2013, 08:33 PM
So who gets cut to make room for Allen? Cromartie?

phillyesq
10-09-2013, 08:35 PM
I suppose he could be an upgrade over Cromartie-Smith.

Slapstick
10-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Doesn't Allen actually have an INT?

fordfixer
10-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Yes & no. Pretty sure if you go through all the available FA's in the NFL, most teams will be able to point to a guy & say "well, he wouldn't hurt us if he was here".

It's not like Will Allen is Scott Shields. If Scott Shields 'wouldn't hurt us'... that'd be bad.
Ha I had high hopes for Scott Shields lol

steelz09
10-09-2013, 09:03 PM
I like the signing... I don't like the fact that the Steelers let him walk this past offseason only to resign him now.. after starting 0-4 in an attempt to save a season that probably can't be saved anyway. Maybe a little to late.

Slapstick
10-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Interestingly enough, if Allen does sign with the Steelers, he'll be cashing checks from both teams for the rest of the season...

If he was with the Steelers the rest of the season, he'd make another $680K on top of the $905K that was guaranteed when he was on the Cowboys' opening day roster...

Snatch98
10-09-2013, 09:25 PM
The best thing I can say is... the dude was damned solid last year, and shouldn't have been let go to begin with. Can you say...bye bye Troy? lol

Bye, bye Troy? Put down that extra beer. Troy is back to being old troy, but he's almost ALWAYS in the box so he's not getting the turnovers. Bye, bye Troy. What planet do some of you live on?

BlitzTo7
10-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Bye, bye Troy? Put down that extra beer. Troy is back to being old troy, but he's almost ALWAYS in the box so he's not getting the turnovers. Bye, bye Troy. What planet do some of you live on?

Maybe he meant Clark after his media tour.

Snatch98
10-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Maybe he meant Clark after his media tour.

Unfortuantely I doubt that's what he meant, but maybe.

pittpete
10-09-2013, 11:30 PM
Why?
The least of our problems is a backup safety...

Ernie
10-10-2013, 06:11 AM

Troy is back to being old Troy? I'd say not. The Troy we have all come to know the last 4-5 years wears sweatpants during most games (instead of shoulder pads). It's good to see now that he is finally making a few plays, seeing as how it helped us get off to such a great start lol.. Will Allen was very solid (in Troy's absence).. for a fraction of Troy's salary.

Seriously man. He's one of the lofty contracts that needs dumped if we are gonna rebuild this team. Ike is another. Since it is well known at this point that we are in rebuilding mode, you either sign guys like troy and Ike next year to greatly reduced contracts, or let them walk. If you boys don't agree with that last statement, I would ask you to "Drink another" lol.

Cheers! lol

Ernie
10-10-2013, 06:21 AM
and I like Troy guys. Don't get it twisted. It's just that we need to make this sacrifices if we are going to get this team turned around. Keeping Troy around (at the tail end of his career) at this contract is foolish...

feltdizz
10-10-2013, 09:20 AM
and I like Troy guys. Don't get it twisted. It's just that we need to make this sacrifices if we are going to get this team turned around. Keeping Troy around (at the tail end of his career) at this contract is foolish...

That's a tough one....

ikestops85
10-10-2013, 11:11 AM
When they inserted Will Allen into the lineup last year the defense started to turn it around. Allen played Clark's position and Clark moved to Troy's position. Clark was actually a star in that position last year. I think it was his best year. Allen was solid as the FS. I guess it depends on how the Front Office views our chances for the rest of the year. If they are ready to throw in the towel then pass on Allen and let's see what you have with the young guys. Otherwise signing Allen wouldn't be a bad move.

Mister Pittsburgh
10-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Now Troy can move to ILB full time.

Ghost
10-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Now Troy can move to ILB full time.

Are you kidding....just re-signed Sylvester for ILB. Steelers are golden in that position....

Ernie
10-10-2013, 07:41 PM
That's a tough one....

Oh there are some tough personnel decisions that need to be made, that's for sure.