PDA

View Full Version : Troy ..the best I've seen him in a long time!

Sword
09-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Short of not having turnovers yet he is the best I've seen him in a long time.

Did you guys see when Troy caught up to the receiver(cannot think of his name) who scored ? I couldn't believe ,
the distance he covered even though he didn't tackle him....

Jigawatts
09-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Troy is our best defensive lineman.

Steelhere10
09-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Is that really saying much though. Those three tackles and zero pass defensed / TO really came in handy.

Ernie
09-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Troy is our best defensive lineman.

If it wasn't for Brett Keisel I'd be apt to agree. Keisel's still a monster.

Steelhere10
09-30-2013, 08:52 PM
If it wasn't for Brett Keisel I'd be apt to agree. Keisel's still a monster.Oh I forgot Kiesel with his one tackle, that is saying a lot lmao.

SidSmythe
09-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Oh I forgot Kiesel with his one tackle, that is saying a lot lmao. almost as pathetic as ur relentless overposting

pittpete
09-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Thats because we are using him as an extra LBer.
Might as well get Shamarko in there and go with 3 LBers.

steelz09
09-30-2013, 11:17 PM
Troy does look good. He definitely looks faster than he's been whether. Being healthy and leaner certainly helps.

Mister Pittsburgh
10-01-2013, 05:50 AM
Short of not having turnovers yet he is the best I've seen him in a long time.

Did you guys see when Troy caught up to the receiver(cannot think of his name) who scored ? I couldn't believe ,
the distance he covered even though he didn't tackle him....

Just think if he was actually actually lined up at SS that play. And that TD pass at Cortez Allen so he had deep help. Could of prevented two TD's. He looks great lined up at ILB though.

Oviedo
10-01-2013, 08:20 AM
Just think if he was actually actually lined up at SS that play. And that TD pass at Cortez Allen so he had deep help. Could of prevented two TD's. He looks great lined up at ILB though.

Thank you Mr. P. All the running around nonsense has returned and it effectively is putting Troy out of position on most of the plays just so he can make a great play at about a 10% rate. Just think, if he actually played safety we might get an interception.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Thank you Mr. P. All the running around nonsense has returned and it effectively is putting Troy out of position on most of the plays just so he can make a great play at about a 10% rate. Just think, if he actually played safety we might get an interception.

$$. Thanks Ovi, your post saved me the hassle of trying to think of my own response. Troy's positioning on the field seems to be made more w/ the goal in mind of impressing the TV announcers than winning football games. I wonder who decides where he plays - DL or him?

I do know the past few years he has not looked good in coverage generally. So maybe it's possible his positioning up near the line so often is actually the way to use him best :-(

Mister Pittsburgh
10-01-2013, 12:11 PM
I really liked on 4th and 1 when Troy was lined up at ILB and then tried to run around off Woodley's edge, and try and catch AP from behind, only to have AP rumble right up the middle where Troy was originally lined up for a big gain. I'm thinking Troy should concentrate on playing SS rather than ILB.