PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown On Pace...

Slapstick
09-30-2013, 09:51 AM
...in a GOOD way!!

412 yards = #4 in the NFL
32 catches = #4 in the NFL
103 YpG = #7 in the NFL

If he keeps this up, he will break the single season reception and yards records for the Steelers and score a respectable 8 TDs...

papillon
09-30-2013, 10:26 AM
...in a GOOD way!!

103 YpG = #7 in the NFL

If he keeps this up, he will break the single season reception and yards records for the Steelers and score a respectable 8 TDs...

There's a good likelihood he breaks those records; it appears that the Steelers will be playing from behind for the majority of the season. On a positive note, just think how many times he'll be able to make a catch, stand up, point the ball at the goal line and then drop it. :nono:evil:

Pappy

Oviedo
09-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Steelers kept the right WR. If Brown stays healthy he will end up one of the Steelers all time leaders in WR stats. Some of the catches he makes are highlight versions.

Oviedo
09-30-2013, 10:34 AM
There's a good likelihood he breaks those records; it appears that the Steelers will be playing from behind for the majority of the season. On a positive note, just think how many times he'll be able to make a catch, stand up, point the ball at the goal line and then drop it. :nono:evil:

Pappy

Could care less what he does as long as he makes the catch. Iif that motivates him keep it up.

Notleadpoisoned
09-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Statistics and records don't win games so as a fan it won't mean jack when our woeful season finally comes to a close.

papillon
09-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Could care less what he does as long as he makes the catch. Iif that motivates him keep it up.

It looks foolish when you're getting your @ss handed to you and that counts in my eyes. The great Steeler teams rarely celebrated as individuals, but always as a team, as far as I'm concerned, AB can walk when his contract is done. The Steelers need more Heath Millers, Troy Polamalus, Ike Taylor type personalities and not the "look at me, I'm good" crowd.

Just my opinion, I never liked grandstanding and never will, Barry Sanders, Marcus Allen, Franco were consummate pros to me, do the job, find your teammates and celebrate. there's no need to show up the other team.

Pappy

feltdizz
09-30-2013, 11:21 AM
It looks foolish when you're getting your @ss handed to you and that counts in my eyes. The great Steeler teams rarely celebrated as individuals, but always as a team, as far as I'm concerned, AB can walk when his contract is done. The Steelers need more Heath Millers, Troy Polamalus, Ike Taylor type personalities and not the "look at me, I'm good" crowd.

Just my opinion, I never liked grandstanding and never will, Barry Sanders, Marcus Allen, Franco were consummate pros to me, do the job, find your teammates and celebrate. there's no need to show up the other team.

Pappy

Ike swag Taylor from T square university who waves his hand over his face after every incompletion?If Ike could catch onw could ompy imagine the names and celebrations he would come up with...

You sound "get off my lawn" old and if we had a team of Heaths we would be 0-16 every year. Redman is still on the team because he is a "professional"

If you really want AB gone because of his dances and first down gestures then you really need to find a new sport because that old era isnt coming back.

I know why everyone loves humble Heath but this is ridiculous. Might as well tell the fans to stop screaming Heeeeath bexause it shows the other team up and promotes him over the team.

Eich
09-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Ike swag Taylor from T square university who waves his hand over his face after every incompletion?If Ike could catch onw could ompy imagine the names and celebrations he would come up with...

You sound "get off my lawn" old and if we had a team of Heaths we would be 0-16 every year. Redman is still on the team because he is a "professional"

If you really want AB gone because of his dances and first down gestures then you really need to find a new sport because that old era isnt coming back.

I know why everyone loves humble Heath but this is ridiculous. Might as well tell the fans to stop screaming Heeeeath bexause it shows the other team up and promotes him over the team.

I'm not sure where you're coming from exactly. The best teams in the league have Heath Miller types. You don't see Wes Welker "ball-dropping" after every first down. And if it makes sense for anyone to do it, it's a guy who's on a winning team.

I like AB and I don't want to see him leave because of the antics. He's a gamer and seems to be stepping his game up on a team that's been playing bad. I'd just like to see him grow up a little. Celebrating can be good when it's done to fire up your teammates. But AB seems to be more interested in looking for a camera than looking to pickup his teammates.

Speaking of firing up your teammates, someone needs to be in Adams' ear hole. I don't recall ever seeing a lineman stand out in such a bad way. If ever there was a time for Ben to scream at somone, Adams has earned it. He looks like he was just stabbed last week.

papillon
09-30-2013, 11:40 AM

I'm well on my way to other activities than professional sports, maybe Taylor is a bad example but you get the idea. Take the 70s teams, who thought they were all that and celebrated after every 5 yard catch, sack, fumble recovery, interception like they won the Super Bowl? Bradshaw? Blount? Ham? Lambert? Russell? Franco? Swann? Stallworth? Webster? Greene? Greenwood? Really, the greatest team of all time and they went about their business like professionals, I miss them.

This year's team is bad, you'd think AB did something of note every time he makes a catch, when in reality, he's doing what he's paid to do.

0-16 with a team full of Heaths, highly unlikely, he's a top 10 player at his position and if the team had even close to the top 10 talent at every position (a team full of Heaths) they would be contenders every year, not 0-16.

I am "get off my lawn", the lack of respect shown by young adults today is alarming to us "get off my lawn" generation folks, sorry that having a little respect for people is such a daunting task in today's world.

Edited to correct the final sentence.

Pappy

Iron Shiek
09-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Bettis constantly celebrated after first downs...he's pretty revered. I really don't mind the antics either, just make plays and don't be outrageous with it (like Plax spiking the ball mid play)

papillon
09-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Bettis constantly celebrated after first downs...he's pretty revered. I really don't mind the antics either, just make plays and don't be outrageous with it (like Plax spiking the ball mid play)

Yea, I forgot about his ridiculous little side stepping or high stepping and hated it, but I do have to admit, it didn't grate on me as much as WRs grandstanding after every catch. Of course, Bettis didn't play on the 70s teams either.

Pappy

Jigawatts
09-30-2013, 11:51 AM
Bettis did it in a way that got people fired up. Kind of like when a heel was slapping Hulk Hogan and the Hulkster just gave a look and shook his head like "no you can't hurt me and now it's my turn." Antonio Brown looks like a clown.

I'm aware that's a stupid analogy, but I can't think of anything better.

Iron Shiek
09-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Jiga...I LOVE that analogy. And I get it. I guess to each his own. That is his thing, if he was spiking the ball in the defender's face and drawing 15 yd unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, I would certainly disagree.

Oviedo
09-30-2013, 12:02 PM
How soon everyone forgets when they want to find a reason not to like a player. Exactly right about Bettis high stepping. Where was all the righteous indignation after he did that almost every good gain? Brown isn't dancing around he is just pointing downfield and dropping the ball.

Is this a real issue or the fact Brown got the contract and Wallace didn't?

williar
09-30-2013, 12:02 PM
What's wrong with players having a little fun, showing a little bit of individuality. Football's an intense, emotional game. When guys make a play, I have no problem with them celebrating a little. Let's face it, most of the guys are doing it, it's become part of the game. Antonio Brown looks to be the only player that gives a darn right now. As long as he is making plays I couldn't care less what he does. People need to lighten up and quit trying to run every good, "flashy" receiver out of Pittsburgh. That's why this team stinks now!

williar
09-30-2013, 12:24 PM
And for the record, I will take the rowdy, vocal, demonstrative leaders like Joey Porter, Greg Lloyd, Kevin Greene, James Harrison, Bettis, Ward, etc. over the church-mouse types like Heath and Troy any day of the week. If we had someone like JP on this team now, I bet we wouldn't be 0-4.

flippy
09-30-2013, 12:29 PM
At least Brown's doing things worth celebrating. Everyone else can celebrate all they want as far as I'm concerned if they play like Brown. I'm just bummed no one else is playing well enough to celebrate anything.

Shawn
09-30-2013, 12:29 PM
We need someone who can find the endzone. Hopefully, Miller and Bell are those guys because it sure isn't Brown.

flippy
09-30-2013, 12:34 PM
We need someone who can find the endzone. Hopefully, Miller and Bell are those guys because it sure isn't Brown.

I think Ben just needs to trust Brown more and throw it up and give him a chance. If Ben didn't have to wait until guys were wide open, we'd be seeing a young Steve Smith in Brown. He just needs his QB to give him more chances.

feltdizz
09-30-2013, 12:39 PM
How soon everyone forgets when they want to find a reason not to like a player. Exactly right about Bettis high stepping. Where was all the righteous indignation after he did that almost every good gain? Brown isn't dancing around he is just pointing downfield and dropping the ball.

Good question.. those first down gestures are to spite the other teams fans.. but unfortunately we have a few of our own who take those antics personally.

feltdizz
09-30-2013, 12:41 PM
I'm not sure where you're coming from exactly. The best teams in the league have Heath Miller types. You don't see Wes Welker "ball-dropping" after every first down. And if it makes sense for anyone to do it, it's a guy who's on a winning team.

I like AB and I don't want to see him leave because of the antics. He's a gamer and seems to be stepping his game up on a team that's been playing bad. I'd just like to see him grow up a little. Celebrating can be good when it's done to fire up your teammates. But AB seems to be more interested in looking for a camera than looking to pickup his teammates.

Speaking of firing up your teammates, someone needs to be in Adams' ear hole. I don't recall ever seeing a lineman stand out in such a bad way. If ever there was a time for Ben to scream at somone, Adams has earned it. He looks like he was just stabbed last week.

screw welker... he talks trash just like the rest of them.

feltdizz
09-30-2013, 12:46 PM
I'm well on my way to other activities than professional sports, maybe Taylor is a bad example but you get the idea. Take the 70s teams, who thought they were all that and celebrated after every 5 yard catch, sack, fumble recovery, interception like they won the Super Bowl? Bradshaw? Blount? Ham? Lambert? Russell? Franco? Swann? Stallworth? Webster? Greene? Greenwood? Really, the greatest team of all time and they went about their business like professionals, I miss them.

This year's team is bad, you'd think AB did something of note every time he makes a catch, when in reality, he's doing what he's paid to do.

0-16 with a team full of Heaths, highly unlikely, he's a top 10 player at his position and if the team had even close to the top 10 talent at every position (a team full of Heaths) they would be contenders every year, not 0-16.

I am "get off my lawn", the lack of respect shown by young adults today is alarming to us "get off my lawn" generation folks, sorry that having a little respect for people is such a daunting task in today's world and today's sports world.

Pappy

respect for today's sports world? The hypocritical sports world who fines every other hit but still has greatest hits DVD's? The sports world that makes millions..billions.. off of athletes and sells their "antics" to EA sports?

Ghost
09-30-2013, 12:48 PM
If Adams made just one block; I'd be OK if he did a little dance. Hell, he could bust out the worm if the RB got 2 yards behind one of his blocks.

papillon
09-30-2013, 01:20 PM

I could care less who got the contract and who didn't, I would rather have Wallace (and, I hated the way he half-@ssed it last year) than Brown, I don't mind Brown, I think he's a good receiver and he's one of the few Steelers actually earning a pay check. That doesn't mean I have to like his antics and if he were to walk there would be another self-absorbed WR to fill his void. WRs are a dime a dozen, every team has one or two good receivers, what isn't a dime a dozen are quality tackles, guards and centers, the Steelers are lacking at the tackle position and possibly the guard position and hence the biggest reason for the debacle that is called the Pittsburgh Steelers 2013 football team.

Along with below average tackles, the Steelers also have below average DEs and NTs and this is probably the second biggest reason for the 2013 debacle. You can't win football games with below average linemen, you control nothing if your linemen are always getting beat, see 0-4 Steelers and Giants.

Pappy

papillon
09-30-2013, 01:26 PM
respect for today's sports world? The hypocritical sports world who fines every other hit but still has greatest hits DVD's? The sports world that makes millions..billions.. off of athletes and sells their "antics" to EA sports?

Poor grammar on my part, I should have ended the sentence after "in today's world."

I am "get off my lawn", the lack of respect shown by young adults today is alarming to us "get off my lawn" generation folks, sorry that having a little respect for people is such a daunting task in today's world.

Pappy

Slapstick
09-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Antonio Brown, IMO, can do whatever he wants as long as he produces and doesn't draw Unsportsmanlike Conduct flags...

I don't think that making the first down signal and dropping the ball has any effect on how a player performs...I don't think Heath is a better player because he foregoes that...Heath is a good player because he's Heath...

Now, if it's annoying for you to watch, that's your opinion...

papillon
09-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Antonio Brown, IMO, can do whatever he wants as long as he produces and doesn't draw Unsportsmanlike Conduct flags...

I don't think that making the first down signal and dropping the ball has any effect on how a player performs...I don't think Heath is a better player because he foregoes that...Heath is a good player because he's Heath...

Now, if it's annoying for you to watch, that's your opinion...

Yup, I've always thought you should actually accomplish something before you tell everyone how good you are, as I've admitted, I'm old school and don't deny it. The game has passed me by a long time ago.

Pappy

Jigawatts
09-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Yup, I've always thought you should actually accomplish something before you tell everyone how good you are, as I've admitted, I'm old school and don't deny it. The game has passed me by a long time ago.

Pappy

I'm a little old timey myself Pap, and I think the guy looks like a moron when he does that every... single... time he gets a first down. Hey, I like A. Brown. I enjoy the td dances, wish I could see more of them. But for the love of whatever God you pray to, when you get a first down just act like you've done it before. As a fan, I think it's an embarrassment that this guy is representing my team like that.

feltdizz
09-30-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm a little old timey myself Pap, and I think the guy looks like a moron when he does that every... single... time he gets a first down. Hey, I like A. Brown. I enjoy the td dances, wish I could see more of them. But for the love of whatever God you pray to, when you get a first down just act like you've done it before. As a fan, I think it's an embarrassment that this guy is representing my team like that.

I'm more embarrassed that some fans take themselves so seriously they can't enjoy a player making a first down for the team he roots for...

Oviedo
09-30-2013, 02:13 PM
I'm more embarrassed that some fans take themselves so seriously they can't enjoy a player making a first down for the team he roots for...

Yes to this. Is it really an issue?

Jigawatts
09-30-2013, 02:17 PM

I'm probably the least serious person you'd ever meet. People who take themselves too seriously are poopheads. I'm just saying it gets old, specially when your team is 0-for the season.

Jigawatts
09-30-2013, 02:20 PM

Yes. THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS HAVE NOT WON A GAME SINCE 2012. THERE IS NO REASON TO SHOW BOAT

Are you happy you forced me to use caps?

Oviedo
09-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Yes. THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS HAVE NOT WON A GAME SINCE 2012. THERE IS NO REASON TO SHOW BOAT

Are you happy you forced me to use caps?

Yes I am! It is disappointing BUT NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!!!! LETS GO PIRATES!!!!!

Now see I had to underline and use bold text!

Jigawatts
09-30-2013, 02:24 PM
yes i am! It is disappointing but not the end of the world!!!! Lets go pirates!!!!!

also, hockey season starts thursday

Oviedo
09-30-2013, 02:25 PM
also, hockey season starts thursday

Pirates in the World Series and Pens in the Stanley Cup. The future is bright!

SteelerOfDeVille
09-30-2013, 02:25 PM
There's a good likelihood he breaks those records; it appears that the Steelers will be playing from behind for the majority of the season.
perhaps if they just started out with the no huddle.....

feltdizz
09-30-2013, 02:26 PM

I think it's the yinzer in them..lol. Seriously though... I bet fans in the 70's said the same thing about Ham, Lambert, Franco and those damn yellow towels.

Notice how no one ever gets mad at Keisel's guitar, Woodley's foot, Ike's hand wave after every incompletion? .. I think fans put WR's in a me first category so they are quick to rip them for petty things.

feltdizz
09-30-2013, 02:28 PM
The Pens... now are those a bunch of under achievers or are they playing up to their talent level?

Sugar
09-30-2013, 02:36 PM
Pirates in the World Series and Pens in the Stanley Cup. The future is bright!

Not to those of us who don't give a rat's rectum about baseball or hockey.

SidSmythe
09-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Breaking passing records is one thing. But it seems when BEN is passing for 350-400 yards the Steelers aren't winning. So yes this is good b/c BROWN is becoming a very good WR, but i'm more interested in BELL becoming a 1,500 yard back

BradshawsHairdresser
09-30-2013, 07:02 PM
perhaps if they just started out with the no huddle.....
I'd like to see them do this. You're 0-4, why not come out with a spread offense, in the no-huddle?

pittpete
09-30-2013, 07:11 PM
So when Ben throws a TD and points to the sky does this bother you guys also?
Who gives a flying %$#$% what Brown does after a TD or 1st down as long as there's no penalties.
Some of you guys need to get laid

Eddie Spaghetti
09-30-2013, 07:15 PM
I don't care what he does after a catch, I just find it amusing that others are labeled me first guys and AB gets a pass.

its hypocritical.

AB is having an outstanding year and I hope it continues, even though the team around him is imploding.

Slapstick
09-30-2013, 07:18 PM
I guess I didn't realize that dropping TE football and making the first down signal made someone a "me first" player...

OsoRojo
09-30-2013, 07:52 PM
It's all a matter of perspective. Ben pointing to the sky after a touchdown... is after touchdown. Sack dances are after sacks. Splash plays. Spectacular plays. You do something spectacular, then by all means celebrate and brag a (very) little. Catching an 8 yard pass for a first down should be downright routine. It's not worthy of a celebration. It's your job. Even Bettis only did his stupid little high step after breaking off a decently long run. AB ball dropping after an 8 yard gain for a first down is the same as Bettis high stepping after a 3 yard gain for a first down. Same premise, and just as ludicrous. A few of his catches were worthy of the celebration, but he is right on the edge with it at times.

On the bright side, at least AB isn't Simpson from the Vikes. That dude was over the top with the ball droppin'.

feltdizz
09-30-2013, 08:36 PM
It's all a matter of perspective. Ben pointing to the sky after a touchdown... is after touchdown. Sack dances are after sacks. Splash plays. Spectacular plays. You do something spectacular, then by all means celebrate and brag a (very) little. Catching an 8 yard pass for a first down should be downright routine. It's not worthy of a celebration. It's your job. Even Bettis only did his stupid little high step after breaking off a decently long run. AB ball dropping after an 8 yard gain for a first down is the same as Bettis high stepping after a 3 yard gain for a first down. Same premise, and just as ludicrous. A few of his catches were worthy of the celebration, but he is right on the edge with it at times.

On the bright side, at least AB isn't Simpson from the Vikes. That dude was over the top with the ball droppin'.

at least AB is celebrating moving the chains. A sack on 1st down doesn't kill a drive.

...and Bettis did his little dance after some nice 5 yard runs.. and we loved every minute of it.

Like Pete said... some fans need to get laid.

ikestops85
10-01-2013, 11:39 AM
at least AB is celebrating moving the chains. A sack on 1st down doesn't kill a drive.

...and Bettis did his little dance after some nice 5 yard runs.. and we loved every minute of it.

I think all fans need to get laid. I'm a fan of getting laid myself. :Boobs

Oviedo
10-01-2013, 11:48 AM

Exactly on the mark. Like I said no one ever complained about Bettis' dances, Hines jawing at the opponents or Joey Porters antics on every play. But standing up and dropping the ball is considered too much? Really?

phillyesq
10-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Exactly on the mark. Like I said no one ever complained about Bettis' dances, Hines jawing at the opponents or Joey Porters antics on every play. But standing up and dropping the ball is considered too much? Really?

First of all, Brown's antics have hurt the team in the past with penalties. Second, making an ass out of yourself and pointing out that you got a first down when your team is, once again, getting destroyed shows that you care more about yourself than the team.

Get a huge first down, do something when your winning - fine - celebrate. Otherwise, quit acting like a fool.

Slapstick
10-01-2013, 02:43 PM
First of all, Brown's antics have hurt the team in the past with penalties. Second, making an ass out of yourself and pointing out that you got a first down when your team is, once again, getting destroyed shows that you care more about yourself than the team.

I disagree. I think it shows that you are excited, that you love football and that you are still working to help the team win...

papillon
10-01-2013, 02:47 PM
I disagree. I think it shows that you are excited, that you love football and that you are still working to help the team win...

That's one way to look at it.

Pappy

Slapstick
10-01-2013, 02:50 PM
That's one way to look at it.

Pappy

Exactly. Opinions vary...

phillyesq
10-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Exactly. Opinions vary...

We can agree to disagree. I hate the excessive showboating throughout the league.

Oviedo
10-01-2013, 02:55 PM

Get a huge first down, do something when your winning - fine - celebrate. Otherwise, quit acting like a fool.

So you resent Bettis for doing his high step because he did it in games we were losing? You feel he was fool?

papillon
10-01-2013, 02:56 PM
We can agree to disagree. I hate the excessive showboating throughout the league.

You must be old and curmudgeonly like me. :p

Pappy

phillyesq
10-01-2013, 02:57 PM
So you resent Bettis for doing his high step because he did it in games we were losing? You feel he was fool?

I don't particularly care for it from anyone. With Bettis, I don't remember him doing it when his team was 0-3 and in the process of getting beat down by another winless team. He also seemed a bit more genuine in his enthusiasm and a bit less contrived.

phillyesq
10-01-2013, 02:57 PM
You must be old and curmudgeonly like me. :p

Pappy

That's what my wife tells me. :D

feltdizz
10-01-2013, 02:58 PM

the only people saying he looks like an ass after the first are the tight asses on here :p

Slapstick
10-01-2013, 02:58 PM

I don't encourage it, but I have accepted it as part of the current NFL...

There are so many other things that cause anger and disappointment, I can't even be bothered with disdain for showboating...

feltdizz
10-01-2013, 03:00 PM
I don't particularly care for it from anyone. With Bettis, I don't remember him doing it when his team was 0-3 and in the process of getting beat down by another winless team. He also seemed a bit more genuine in his enthusiasm and a bit less contrived.

of course you don't.. because you LIKE Bettis.

He also admitted faking an injury to stay on the roster...

feltdizz
10-01-2013, 03:02 PM
I don't encourage it, but I have accepted it as part of the current NFL...

There are so many other things that cause anger and disappointment, I can't even be bothered with disdain for showboating...

if he only worked as hard as HEATH.. and looked like HEATH.. he would be perfect.

papillon
10-01-2013, 03:06 PM
if he only worked as hard as HEATH.. and looked like HEATH.. he would be perfect.

I don't know about looking like Heath, but I sure as h3ll wish he did work as hard as Heath or at least, have someone on the team say that he does. I don't recall anyone mentioning AB's work ethic good or bad, but I've heard about Heath's exceptional work ethic for many years. I wonder why?

Pappy

Slapstick
10-01-2013, 03:09 PM
The question moving forward is how Brown responds to teams forcing the Steelers’ other receivers to beat them.

“He just has to make sure that he stays patient, stays humble and keeps working hard, which is who he is so I don’t expect anything different,” Roethlisberger said.

On a bitter cold winter morning, with temperatures hovering in the single digits and most people not wanting to venture outside the comfort of home, receiver Antonio Brown was at the Steelers’ practice facility on the South Side.

With no required workouts until OTAs begin in the spring, Brown didn’t have to be there. He could have easily stayed home, and stayed warm. But instead he stayed on course, as he has done since the season ended, working out one his own either at the team’s facility or elsewhere.

“The battle is ongoing. It’s never ending,” said Brown. “I have taken a break as far as pounding my body, but you have to keep the cardio up, which keeps my strength up.”

Brown’s workouts range from some light weight lifting, to basic cardio to swimming, allowing him to work on breathing, heart rate and endurance.

“You have to do something to better yourself every day,” said Brown. “You have to take a step every day to be your best.

“If you want to be your best, you have to outwork your opponent. My opponent is not just someone I am competing against, but I am my biggest opponent. I know if I compete against myself every day I am working to be my best. That is something I always take pride in, working to better myself.”

I can find more...

Slapstick
10-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Ooo! Ooo! Mr. Kotter!

This is a good one:

BTSC writer Christopher Carter noted after practice in Latrobe Wednesday Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/108636/antonio-brown) was seen running 40-yard sprints alongside undrafted rookie free agent J.D. Woods (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/195561/j-d-woods) - in Carter's words, "...helping him fire out of his stance."
Woods, a longshot to make this roster out of West Virginia, had two catches in the Steelers' 18-13 loss to the Giants (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/new-york-giants) in the preseason opener, clearly sees the value of learning from one of the more explosive receivers in the NFL, particularly in and out of his breaks.

The fact it happened after practice has to count for something. And not even so much for Woods - a rookie who is likely working to earn a practice squad spot in the best realistic scenario. Brown, the Steelers big-money receiver, taking the time not just to help Woods, but to run with him after practice.

That's different than just entertaining the rookie by answering questions as they walk back to the locker room.

Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert was quick to point to Brown's intangible qualities when speaking to the reasons why the Steelers signed him to a long-term extension last season. He noted his work ethic above all else. Working hard on one's game is one thing, and a requisite to sustained success in the NFL. Teaching what you've learned to others who are trying to maximize the chance they have - however long of a chance it is - is another. And it's indicative of leadership status within an organization.

Jigawatts
10-01-2013, 03:25 PM
First of all, A Brown would look silly as a white man.

Secondly, it's showboating where I come from. Maybe I was raised differently than you heathens. :-P

papillon
10-01-2013, 03:27 PM
I can find more...

What can I say, evidently, he does put in the time and his teammates have noticed, good for him, I would still rather he go about his business on the field without the celebrating.

Pappy

feltdizz
10-01-2013, 03:32 PM
I can find more...

LIES!!! ALL LIES!!! TAKE IT BACK!!!

only HEATH works hard...

HEATH,

oh HEATH...

feltdizz
10-01-2013, 03:33 PM
First of all, A Brown would look silly as a white man.

Secondly, it's showboating where I come from. Maybe I was raised differently than you heathens. :-P

How many WR's with a jersey in CANTON has your city/town produced? :nono

feltdizz
10-01-2013, 03:39 PM
What can I say, evidently, he does put in the time and his teammates have noticed, good for him, I would still rather he go about his business on the field without the celebrating.

Pappy

I wish he didn't need to work LIKE HEATH in order to gain the respect from some fans because he doesn't go about his business...LIKE HEATH!

Jigawatts
10-01-2013, 03:43 PM
How many WR's with a jersey in CANTON has your city/town produced? :nono

Just 1 from the area

papillon
10-01-2013, 04:21 PM
I wish he didn't need to work LIKE HEATH in order to gain the respect from some fans because he doesn't go about his business...LIKE HEATH!

He should want to work like Heath, I don't really have a problem with him, I don't like the gratuitous celebrating, I didn't like Bettis' either and I'd love me some Jerome right about now, Hines didn't really celebrate, so much as he would get in the face of the other team either with a smile or knock out and I"m fine with that, but Hines didn't brag about 4 yard catch on 2nd and 5. I didn't like Santonio's celebrations either, nothing against AB, he's a Steeler and I support him, I'd really like him if he just went about his business a little differently.

Pappy

flippy
10-01-2013, 04:34 PM
He should want to work like Heath, I don't really have a problem with him, I don't like the gratuitous celebrating, I didn't like Bettis' either and I'd love me some Jerome right about now, Hines didn't really celebrate, so much as he would get in the face of the other team either with a smile or knock out and I"m fine with that, but Hines didn't brag about 4 yard catch on 2nd and 5. I didn't like Santonio's celebrations either, nothing against AB, he's a Steeler and I support him, I'd really like him if he just went about his business a little differently.

Pappy

While I think his celebrations make him look like a tool, I really only care what he does between the whistles. Most of the other guys are playing like tools between the whistles, so I'd rather they fix that issue first ;)

Oviedo
10-01-2013, 04:43 PM
While I think his celebrations make him look like a tool, I really only care what he does between the whistles. Most of the other guys are playing like tools between the whistles, so I'd rather they fix that issue first ;)

Bravo! Well said! AB's supposed "showboating" is the least of this team's issues.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-01-2013, 04:56 PM
I don't know about looking like Heath, but I sure as h3ll wish he did work as hard as Heath or at least, have someone on the team say that he does. I don't recall anyone mentioning AB's work ethic good or bad, but I've heard about Heath's exceptional work ethic for many years. I wonder why?

Pappy

There was a video a couple of years ago that showed AB and the training regimen that he and several other better known receivers went through. It has been commented on before that his off season workout is exceptional.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-01-2013, 05:00 PM

Pappy

My favorite TD celebration belonged to Barry Sanders. Just jog by the ref and non-chalantly flip the ball to him as he jogged off the field. Act like it ain't no big deal.

Eddie Spaghetti
10-01-2013, 05:26 PM
i get the feeling some "fans" here would be happy to go winless as long as AB gets his numbers

talk about "man love"

steelfin
10-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Bravo! Well said! AB's supposed "showboating" is the least of this team's issues.

This may be true...but IMO still looks stupid especially at 0-4...I can see it maybe every once in a while to add some fire and excitement to the team...but every time he catches the ball?

Note however that I am an AB fan...

feltdizz
10-01-2013, 06:14 PM

Nope... its a priority because fans dont want to address the real ugly on this team. Focus on the plaumaker and how he is emberrassing himself as well as all of Steeler Nation.

Jigawatts
10-01-2013, 06:28 PM
I've got this strange feeling that next game Heath Miller catches a five yard pass and does the Ickey shuffle.

Chadman
10-01-2013, 07:01 PM
It's all about context.

17-0 down & celebrating a 1st down = dumb.

If the Steelers were winning, if discipline didn't seem to be an issue through the roster, then people probably don't mention it.

papillon
10-01-2013, 07:21 PM
i get the feeling some "fans" here would be happy to go winless as long as AB gets his numbers

talk about "man love"

He's going to have big numbers because the Steelers will be playing from behind 90% of the time this year, which means a lot of passing.

Pappy

flippy
10-01-2013, 07:22 PM
He's going to have big numbers because the Steelers will be playing from behind 90% of the time this year, which means a lot of passing.

Pappy

It's hard to say what the trend will be with Heath back and now Bell in the offense. If Wheaton/Moye get some playing time, that could change things up a bit. Not to mention Haley didn't want to get him the ball the 1st 2 weeks, so maybe his pace will pick up.

papillon
10-01-2013, 07:25 PM
It's hard to say what the trend will be with Heath back and now Bell in the offense. If Wheaton/Moye get some playing time, that could change things up a bit. Not to mention Haley didn't want to get him the ball the 1st 2 weeks, so maybe his pace will pick up.

All I'm saying is that the opportunity will be there, because it appears the Steelers as a team will be playing form behind. AB will get numbers because, there are very few teams that are 0-4 and have a potential HOF quarterback in his prime running the team. Normally, 0-4 teams are quarterbacked by Colt Mccoy, Tavaris Jackson, etc.

Pappy

Slapstick
10-02-2013, 09:23 AM
All I'm saying is that the opportunity will be there, because it appears the Steelers as a team will be playing form behind. AB will get numbers because, there are very few teams that are 0-4 and have a potential HOF quarterback in his prime running the team. Normally, 0-4 teams are quarterbacked by Colt Mccoy, Tavaris Jackson, etc.

Pappy

Oddly enough, the Steelers are not the only NFL fitting that description this season...

And I'm not referring to Blaine Gabbert and the Jaguars...

feltdizz
10-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Oddly enough, the Steelers are not the only NFL fitting that description this season...

And I'm not referring to Blaine Gabbert and the Jaguars...

yep... it happens. We are seeing KC, TN, Seattle have success while a few power houses are struggling

phillyesq
10-02-2013, 11:26 AM
of course you don't.. because you LIKE Bettis.

He also admitted faking an injury to stay on the roster...

I like Brown in a lot of ways. I think he is miscast as a #1, but I like his game. I also like his work ethic. I don't like his cocky attitude and miscast showboating.

phillyesq
10-02-2013, 11:32 AM

What ever could you be referring to?

I personally like the way Heath conducts himself during the games. I wish more players acted that way.

Not that we've seen much of this, but it would be great if every player in the league didn't need to do a choreographed dance after a sack.

feltdizz
10-02-2013, 01:04 PM
What ever could you be referring to?

I personally like the way Heath conducts himself during the games. I wish more players acted that way.

Not that we've seen much of this, but it would be great if every player in the league didn't need to do a choreographed dance after a sack.

I'm referring to the Tim Tebow "no one works harder" mindset some have towards Heath..

I'm not knocking Heath.. I'm knocking the notion that if one isn't conducting themselves LIKE HEATH, they aren't working hard LIKE HEATH

It's no different than those who say Ben needs to work like Peyton or Brady.

It's insulting...

phillyesq
10-02-2013, 01:21 PM
I'm referring to the Tim Tebow "no one works harder" mindset some have towards Heath..

I'm not knocking Heath.. I'm knocking the notion that if one isn't conducting themselves LIKE HEATH, they aren't working hard LIKE HEATH

It's no different than those who say Ben needs to work like Peyton or Brady.

It's insulting...

I don't question Brown's work ethic. I think he is up there with Ike Taylor, James Farrior, James Harrison and, yes, Heath.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-02-2013, 02:05 PM
I don't question Brown's work ethic. I think he is up there with Ike Taylor, James Farrior, James Harrison and, yes, Heath.

Agreed. He's a hard worker and a good player.

But I still don't care for all the antics.

Ghost
10-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Is it really antics or is it more tomfoolery or shenanigans or buffoonery? Maybe it's just a touch of madcap or a bit of a lark on his behalf.

feltdizz
10-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Agreed. He's a hard worker and a good player.

But I still don't care for all the antics.

I hear you... I just think it's odd when some say they are embarrassed to be Steeler fans because of his antics. There are a ton of reason's to be embarrassed this year but Brown is far down the list.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Wasn't it Noll who said something like when you get a TD or make a great play, act like you've been there/done that before?

Didn't Cowher pull someone (A.Smith?) off the field by his nose after some showboating and say, "We don't do that here in Pgh, ... son".

Didn't AB cost us yardage with his "hey, look at me, look at me, look at me" antics, maybe more than once?

I know for sure because I remember throwing things at the TV once ... AB was so busy celebrating that he missed the "run to the line and snap the next play NOW" that the rest of the team did. A play last year in a game we lost. Am I saying we would have made the playoffs and then won the SB if he hadn't done that? Do I blame HIM for keeping us from Lombardi #7 with that play? Look, I'm a reasonable guy, the answer is of course ... YES!!!!

It's showboating and grandstanding, which is not good IMO, and I am proud that my son who is now of age to make his own decisions feels the same way about that. So, "get off my lawn" is a statement of values, not a reflection of gray hair.

Slapstick
10-02-2013, 11:07 PM
It's both...

Captain Lemming
10-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Is it really antics or is it more tomfoolery or shenanigans or buffoonery? Maybe it's just a touch of madcap or a bit of a lark on his behalf.

All of the above

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJQQmbZc474

AngryAsian
10-03-2013, 06:31 AM
Jumping up and "hi-fiving" with the side of their bodies. Shoving eachother hard enough where they fall down. Slapping eachother on the tops of their helmets.... we can all name numerous acts of celebration with today's young NFL players. This is a young man's sport played by very young over grown, heavily testosteroned men. If what they do after a play fires them up and even more important, fire up and inspire their team mates to do better when the whole team as a collective is playong poorly... then continue. Do I necessarily agree with it? NO... but I am not in that locker room nor am I experiencing the brotherhood that surely exists on a typical B&G team. Whatever motivates these young men to play at a higher level, whether its an arse chewing by a spitting coach, or an inspired play by a team mate with a subsequent dance after... as long as it is igniting great play on the team, I am all for it.

Of note... if we were 4-0 right now and atop the division, we wouldn't be discussing this. Just MHO.

Discipline of Steel
10-03-2013, 06:41 AM
Jeez, Brown is playing like the #1 WR no one thought he could be and here we are picking him apart because of his enthusiasm. I wouldn't do it but he is still a young man, lets just let him be one success in a sea of failures.

papillon
10-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Jumping up and "hi-fiving" with the side of their bodies. Shoving eachother hard enough where they fall down. Slapping eachother on the tops of their helmets.... we can all name numerous acts of celebration with today's young NFL players. This is a young man's sport played by very young over grown, heavily testosteroned men. If what they do after a play fires them up and even more important, fire up and inspire their team mates to do better when the whole team as a collective is playong poorly... then continue. Do I necessarily agree with it? NO... but I am not in that locker room nor am I experiencing the brotherhood that surely exists on a typical B&G team. Whatever motivates these young men to play at a higher level, whether its an arse chewing by a spitting coach, or an inspired play by a team mate with a subsequent dance after... as long as it is igniting great play on the team, I am all for it.

Of note... if we were 4-0 right now and atop the division, we wouldn't be discussing this. Just MHO.

100% agree, if the Steelers were 4-0 no one care (even me, I still wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't care), unfortunately, they are 0-4 and they are celebrating doing the basic things, which this year is probably reason to celebrate, since anything above the basic fundamentals seems to elude the entire team. On second thought, celebrate away, basic fundamentals are the new standard around this version of the Steelers.

Pappy

Jigawatts
10-03-2013, 10:02 AM
A kid on my daughters U-8 soccer teams does the dirty bird every time he kicks the ball without falling. It's cute.

Captain Crunch
10-03-2013, 10:13 AM
One night I was layin' down,
I heard mama 'n papa talkin'
I heard papa tell mama, let that boy boogie-woogie,
It's in him, and it got to come out
And I felt so good,
Went on boogie'n just the same

Keyplay1
10-03-2013, 10:14 AM
...in a GOOD way!!

103 YpG = #7 in the NFL

When things are not going good some things get lost while everyone is crying over spilt milk. Here are some stats that show how well he is stacking up with some other WR's.

Success Rate (SR) – The proportion of plays in which a player was directly involved that would typically be considered successful. Specifically, SR is the percentage of plays resulting in positive Expected Points Added (EPA).

Catch Rate (CR) – The proportion of passes targeted to a receiver that are caught. A.Brown is #8 at 76.2 in this all important category. Only D.Thomas is higher at 76.3. Colston is 72.4 Welker 72.2.

The 4 numbers after the players name are his rank in each of the categories. Low is better. Stats from advancednflstats.com

SR(%)YPR Rec Yds ▾
55.1 14.6 33 481
43.2 20.7 21 435
53.2 16.3 26 425
60.4 12.9 32 412 A Brown-----------16 42 4 4
51.2 18.7 21 393
64.1 13.6 29 393 D Thomas---------46 33 29 6
57.5 15.5 24 372 A Boldin-----------23 13 21 7
60.4 10.8 34 368
52.3 12.9 27 348 B Marshall--------40 41 7 9
61.8 18.0 19 342
63.2 14.2 24 340
51.1 11.7 29 339
38.9 13.0 26 337
58.1 17.5 19 332 N Washington----21 12 29 14
60.0 9.4 34 319
52.3 14.9 21 312 C Johnson--------20 27 20 16
57.9 13.3 23 305
44.2 11.5 26 300
66.7 14.2 21 298 M Colston---------5 30 19 19
46.5 17.2 17 292
50.0 13.8 21 290
70.8 16.1 18 289
56.4 12.3 23 282
62.9 13.0 21 272
66.7 13.5 20 270
63.2 10.2 26 266 W Welker--------10 69 8 26
38.1 17.1 15 257
52.2 18.0 14 252
55.6 16.5 15 248 J Cotchery-------28 15 48 29
52.8 11.7 21 245
42.3 24.3 10 243 S Holmes--------70 01 75 31 Leading league in YPD just isn't catching many
46.7 15.0 16 240
58.3 12.6 19 239
47.6 13.1 18 235
50.0 18.1 13 235
46.2 17.9 13 233
50.0 15.5 15 233
42.1 11.6 20 231 E Sanders-------72 54 25 38
48.3 19.2 12 230
41.4 15.5 14 217
64.7 18.0 12 216
50.0 16.4 13 213
54.2 15.2 14 213
58.3 14.1 15 212
45.9 11.7 18 211
65.5 10.4 20 208
42.4 12.8 16 205
40.0 18.3 11 201
46.7 9.6 20 192
70.8 12.7 15 190
54.2 12.3 15 185
43.2 9.3 19 177
50.0 11.7 15 176 M Wallace------30 52 43 53 hardly burning up the league, but it's early
53.8 13.5 13 175
53.1 9.6 18 173
50.0 11.5 15 172
57.1 13.2 13 172
43.3 10.9 15 164
32.1 11.6 14 162
53.6 14.7 11 162
52.0 10.7 14 150
42.3 11.4 13 148 D Bowe--------69 58 59 62 they pay this guy?
45.5 12.2 12 146
53.8 9.1 16 146
57.1 11.2 13 145
55.6 10.2 14 143
57.1 20.4 7 143
45.8 15.3 9 138
50.0 15.0 9 135
66.7 10.4 13 135
58.8 10.9 12 131
60.9 8.3 15 125
50.0 10.7 11 118
40.0 9.6 11 106
64.3 10.4 10 104
35.5 6.7 14 94
36.8 11.4 8 91
44.0 6.1 15 91
42.1 9.7 9 87
21.9 7.1 11 78
33.3 8.8 8 70
50.0 9.4 7 66

Keyplay1
10-03-2013, 10:45 AM
The #'s for D. Thomas were copied wrong. They are SR-9 YPR-33 Rec-6 Yds-6. Hey, this guy is good. He is really one of the few who overall stacks up with Antonio. But how about how he is better in every category vs C Johnson? Welker too. Wallace is not even in the ballpark. Boldin is competitive so is Colston, but frankly they are not setting the world on fire.

The point. Maybe all is not lost yet.

Captain Lemming
10-03-2013, 11:13 AM

Usually I'm pretty tolerant of celebrations but 2 things about Brown grate on me.
He does it for insignificant plays and acts like he won the SB. Heck, go TO sharpie if you score a game winning TD. But not for every 10 yard catch while getting blown out. Secondly it feels more like taunting than celebration.

I feel like if he got his bell rung he deserves it

feltdizz
10-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Usually I'm pretty tolerant of celebrations but 2 things about Brown grate on me.
He does it for insignificant plays and acts like he won the SB. Heck, go TO sharpie if you score a game winning TD. But not for every 10 yard catch while getting blown out. Secondly it feels more like taunting than celebration.

WTF?

Sweet baby Jesus.. Please forgive them because they know not what they do...

Yo, I know its been a frustrating season but to wish harm on Brown... the only guy ballin' out on offense and he deserves to get his Bell rung?

May you and the rest of this crazy miserable bunch eat the biggest bad of d#@$ for this blasphemy. ;)

feltdizz
10-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Jeez, Brown is playing like the #1 WR no one thought he could be and here we are picking him apart because of his enthusiasm. I wouldn't do it but he is still a young man, lets just let him be one success in a sea of failures.

b,b,but he dances after TD's and does the first down point... he's hurting feelings and embarrassing us. :Binky

I truly believe it IS because we didn't resign Wallace... not sure how Brown could get this much HATE from Steeler fans when he is playing hard... God forbid he fumbles, they may throw salt in his gas tank and blow up his house.

Keyplay1
10-03-2013, 01:19 PM
b,b,but he dances after TD's and does the first down point... he's hurting feelings and embarrassing us. :Binky

I truly believe it IS because we didn't resign Wallace... not sure how Brown could get this much HATE from Steeler fans when he is playing hard... God forbid he fumbles, they may throw salt in his gas tank and blow up his house.

I think the fans have a point here. AB was overdoing it a bit. It was close to taunting on one of the plays. You would think the coach would discuss this. Let the actions do the talking. The team is 0-4 how much celebrating is in order. 0-4 celebration could be mistaken for too much me-me not team team.

Slapstick
10-03-2013, 02:42 PM
I think the fans have a point here. AB was overdoing it a bit. It was close to taunting on one of the plays. You would think the coach would discuss this. Let the actions do the talking. The team is 0-4 how much celebrating is in order. 0-4 celebration could be mistaken for too much me-me not team team.

Mistaken for "me-me" by the fans, perhaps...in which case, who cares?

feltdizz
10-03-2013, 02:56 PM

Have you seen Browns stats? Have you seen the plays he has been making this year? He is damn near the only positive thing we have going for us this year besides the Buccos.

When Brown gets a taunting penalty I will get upset...

I'll be honest...I don't even see the 1st down point half the time because I'm at home celebrating and doing my own dance because we finally got a first down.

IvanKoloff
10-03-2013, 03:07 PM

Wow! And you call yourself a Steelers fan? In this day and age where some concussions have ended careers and affected lives? To say that? Unspeakable ignorance.

Don't worry Lemming, the Bucs just released the Steelers next quarterback.

Then you can pull your Kordell jersey out of the closet and relive you're good ol' days.

IvanKoloff
10-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Brown is the only constant on the offense, when they decide to use him.

But, a lot of their passing yardage is when they get way behind after three quarters. So some of his stats are hollow.

phillyesq
10-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Wow! And you call yourself a Steelers fan? In this day and age where some concussions have ended careers and affected lives? To say that? Unspeakable ignorance.

Having seen Captain Lemming post for a number of years, he isn't calling for him to get a concussion.

IvanKoloff
10-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Didn't say he did. But he shouldn't be calling for any player to get his bell rung and say he deserves it. Especially when he backed, and supported, the biggest punk on that football team who was behind center for 6 years and never called him out for it.

feltdizz
10-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Having seen Captain Lemming post for a number of years, he isn't calling for him to get a concussion.

he said he deserves to get his bell rung... which implies a concussion/hard hit. I know what he is trying to say but it's not something you usually hear from a Steeler fan.

flippy
10-04-2013, 10:24 AM
I'll be honest...I don't even see the 1st down point half the time because I'm at home celebrating and doing my own dance because we finally got a first down.

I'm right there with you. My celebrations make anything these guys do look tame.

feltdizz
10-04-2013, 10:27 AM
I'm right there with you. My celebrations make anything these guys do look tame.

I used to be the guy in the commercial screaming like crazy.. I didn't flip over chips and dip though but I used to walk around, screaming at the TV, cheering, etc...

not this year though...

flippy
10-04-2013, 10:29 AM
I used to be the guy in the commercial screaming like crazy.. I didn't flip over chips and dip though but I used to walk around, screaming at the TV, cheering, etc...

not this year though...

I still scream at the tv. Probably even more this season ;)

Captain Lemming
10-04-2013, 08:13 PM

Not in my case Dizz. I was NEVER for signing Wallace to a big deal.

On the "bell rung" comment.
Misunderstood my fault.
I do not wish for Brown to get injured. I want him to excel.
I am HAPPY he is playing well.

My point is that if an opponent reacted to his antics with a cheap shot a part of me would feel he bought it on himself.

To illustrate:
Given reversed roles, if say AJ was catching passes on Ike all day and doing that thing Brown does, and Ike LIT HIM UP and told the papers "yeah I got fined but he is NOT going to do that in our house", I would understand why he did what he did.

I would not WANT that which is why I wish he would stop.

I LIKE Brown the player, said here that he was a good signing, save for this topic I have only been positive about him on this forum.

Captain Lemming
10-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Don't worry Lemming, the Bucs just released the Steelers next quarterback.

Please Crash if you are not banned elaborate. What is your point?

Then you can pull your Kordell jersey out of the closet and relive you're good ol' days.

Quite the obsession Crash. Why do you bring him up so much? You are like a chick who got dumped and says she is "over it" but talks about "the jerk" TWENTY YEARS later. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE HERE who obsesses over him that way. Pathetic really. :)

feltdizz
10-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Not in my case Dizz. I was NEVER for signing Wallace to a big deal.

On the "bell rung" comment.
Misunderstood my fault.
I do not wish for Brown to get injured. I want him to excel.
I am HAPPY he is playing well.

My point is that if an opponent reacted to his antics with a cheap shot a part of me would feel he bought it on himself.

To illustrate:
Given reversed roles, if say AJ was catching passes on Ike all day and doing that thing Brown does, and Ike LIT HIM UP and told the papers "yeah I got fined but he is NOT going to do that in our house", I would understand why he did what he did.

I would not WANT that which is why I wish he would stop.

I LIKE Brown the player, said here that he was a good signing, save for this topic I have only been positive about him on this forum.

As long as its legal I don't see the problem...

These DB's aren't over there wishing him good luck between plays...

Brown is playing chess with these guys, the "taunts" may frustrate the DB's but that's the point.. a frustrated DB will bite on a double move, will run ful speed to light him up and Brown will easily avoid him because he is out of control and playing angry instead of playing smart.

If a player pops Brown and says its because he was taunted then so what... sometimes a WR gets lit up. Ward was a target his whole career and he was popped more than a few times. Did we ever say it was because of his first down point or because he smiled... we all know his smile was a taunt to let players know he wasn't hurt even when he lit up more than a few times.

Browns job is to produce and as long as he is putting up these numbers I have no problem with his small rewards to himself for his accomplishments. Some act as though his me me me antics arent helping the team but what is it hurting? His first down is OUR first down... his TD's are OUR TD's...

I don't know... everytime I hear people give these complaints I fewl like they are also showboating and making it about themselves as well.

feltdizz
10-05-2013, 02:07 PM
What's pathetic Lemming is you call out Brown, and you never called out your favorite QB when he did the same things.

You never craved "balance" on offense when your favorite QB was on the field like you do now with the 2 time SB winner. You wanted Kordell to be the man, run the show.

Why?

We both know why, but you don't have the guts to say why.

You are pathetic.... no wonder you keep getting banned. You aren't making any sense at all. Get some sleep and a new hobby.

Captain Lemming
10-06-2013, 12:01 AM
What's pathetic Lemming is you call out Brown, and you never called out your favorite QB when he did the same things.

You never craved "balance" on offense when your favorite QB was on the field like you do now with the 2 time SB winner. You wanted Kordell to be the man, run the show.

Why?

We both know why, but you don't have the guts to say why.

Crash, you crack me up. :)

I always believe in balance.
Why am I going to complain about balance when WE ARE BALANCED? I never called for ANY QB to throw 40 times a game. Had KS tried to do that it would be a disaster. If Kordell was breaking team pass attempt records and and our record tanked as it would I would that would be a problem. It never happened so why would I complain that we passed too much?

You are pathetic dude, keep making stuff up and imagine you are making a point. ;)

Captain Lemming
10-06-2013, 12:14 AM
I'm making perfect sense for those who were around when Lemming's rules changed when Kordell was on the field.

Kordell leaves, and all of the sudden Lemming craves balance, he craves that the QB position which should be the strength in any offense, as he wanted when Kordell was there, now all of the sudden become an afterthought once Kordell left.

Others besides myself called Lemming out on this. Lemming has yet to address why his "opinion" of the QB position changed once #10 left.

Why?

What's he afraid of?

I sure aint afraid to AGAIN show you up Crash. I just HAVE A LIFE so I don't live in Steeler forums. You keep getting banned and keep coming back for yet ANOTHER beat down.

Like I just said, why complain when Bettis is breaking team rush records.

I never complained when Ben was breaking rookie records and won the SB in year two with a balanced offense.

What you CANNOT SEEM TO GRASP is that balance a Ben led Steeler team has NEVER failed to be a contender. THAT IS WHY I LIKE BALANCE. KS was hit and miss even with a run game.

You keep lyingly say Kordell is my favorite QB.
When have I EVER compared Ben unfavoably to ANY Steeler QB?

You know how to use the search, show the post.

You can lie all you want Crash but you know full well THAT I OWN YOU whwn it comes to the facts. So keep lying and imagine you have a point. :)

flippy
10-06-2013, 12:56 AM
I'm making perfect sense

We all got it 10,000 posts ago. Ben is Jesus. And we're all sinners worshiping false gods.

What's the saying, you shouldn't discuss sex, religion, politics, or the Steelers in polite company ;)

Slapstick
10-06-2013, 09:04 AM
"I'm making perfect sense."

Yep. Every other poster on every other Steelers message board is an idiot except for him...

flippy
10-06-2013, 01:37 PM
"I'm making perfect sense."

Yep. Every other poster on every other Steelers message board is an idiot except for him...

That's message board etiquette 101.

Speaking of unneeded celebrations, anyone notice Ike doesn't wave his hand in front of his face every time a QB makes a bad throw to his side of the field? Where has the swag gone?

Jigawatts
10-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Antonio Brown's School of Disproportinate Celebrationhttp://www.dve.com/media/podcast-randy-baumann-the-dve-morning-show-MorningShowBits/antonio-browns-school-of-disproportinate-celebration-23835222/

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Antonio Brown's School of Disproportinate Celebrationhttp://www.dve.com/media/podcast-randy-baumann-the-dve-morning-show-MorningShowBits/antonio-browns-school-of-disproportinate-celebration-23835222/

Hilarious!! I hope they play this at tomorrow's team meeting!

Captain Lemming
10-14-2013, 04:00 PM

Oh my. That is AWESOME. :)

steelfin
10-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Antonio Brown's School of Disproportinate Celebration

http://www.dve.com/media/podcast-randy-baumann-the-dve-morning-show-MorningShowBits/antonio-browns-school-of-disproportinate-celebration-23835222/

Awesome...that is just too funny. I was watching the game yesterday and after seeing a celebration on pretty much every catch I started thinking...It really pisses me off that Heath just catches the ball and runs back to the huddle...no celebration...nothing...what is wrong with him. Now I see he can attend AB's School of Disproportionate Celebration...problem solved...:rolleyes:

Thanks for that...good stuff!!

Slapstick
10-14-2013, 05:16 PM
You enro-old!!

You enro-old!!

Dee Dub
10-14-2013, 05:52 PM

Exactly!!! Brown is on pace for 131 receptions and only 6 TD's. Think about that. If the Steelers keep throwing him the ball and making him the focus of the offense, they aren't going to score many TD's from here on out.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-14-2013, 06:09 PM
That's good stuff

skyhawk
10-14-2013, 06:12 PM
pretty funny.

I am on Brown's FB page and I am not surprised he pulls that stuff on the field. His page is full of me me me narcissism.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-14-2013, 06:17 PM
pretty funny.

I am on Brown's FB page and I am not surprised he pulls that stuff on the field. His page is full of me me me narcissism.

Young Money Crew

hawaiiansteel
10-17-2013, 08:46 PM
Antonio Brown proves his worth as top receiver

By Alan Robinson
Published: Thursday, Oct. 17, 2013

http://triblive.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=mrGem 40pKYedaZgBTS1Sws$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYtVwCRTsYnUv17 4WaSdAF9gWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

Steelers receiver Antonio Brown avoids the Jets' Muhammad Wilkerson in the second quarter Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013, at Metlife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.

Antonio Brown's projected 2013 statistics and how they would compare to the best in Steelers history:

Catches 131 112 (Hines Ward, 2002)

Yards Receiving 1,594 1,398 (Yancey Thigpen, 1997)

Antonio Brown was the Steelers' No. 2 receiver last season. Now, he's No. 1 in the NFL.

Brown, a player ascending on a team that's been descending, doesn't lead the league in catches, yards, yards per catch, touchdowns or yards per game.

Put all of his numbers together — 41 catches on 53 targets, 498 yards, averages of 12.1 per catch and 99.6 per game — and he easily leads Pro Football Focus' wide receiver efficiency rankings. His overall ranking of 13.5 is well ahead of Chicago's Brandon Marshall (11.5).

Brown is surpassing all of his previous three seasons as well as the numbers being put up by his predecessor Mike Wallace, who signed a $60 million deal with Miami but is the NFL's third-to-last ranked receiver at No. 104. Wallace has 22 catches for 281 yards and a touchdown.

“He's our No. 1 guy,” offensive coordinator Todd Haley said Thursday. “When Mike left, he knew he had an opportunity to step into that role. He's embraced it, he's worked hard and he's making plays. That's tough to do when you're ‘the' guy because that's the guy that generally sees double coverage.”

His teammates say Brown isn't taking any downs off, is running his routes with greater precision than before and staying on the same page with Ben Roethlisberger, who — thanks in part to Brown — has thrown for 1,053 yards in his last three games.

“Whatever he calls, I'm going to do the best job of running it, whether it's long or short, give every detail on that route and, hopefully, that can get me downfield,” said Brown.

At his current pace, Brown not only would easily surpass his previous career highs of 69 catches for 1,108 yards in 2011, he would fly past Hines Ward's team record of 112 catches in a season.

“Right now, me and Ben are on the same page, and the receivers as a whole are doing a good job of working together,” Brown said. “I'm doing a good job of preparing every week and being assignment-sound and being in areas Ben wants me to be in.”

Brown had 66 catches for 787 yards and five touchdowns last season when he missed three games and was bothered for the second half of the season by an ankle injury.

That's why, when asked what has transformed Brown from a good receiver into an elite one, teammate Jerricho Cotchery said, “Nothing.”

“Last year, I feel like he was on the same pace early on in the year to have 100 catches, but he went down with an ankle injury that he battled through the entire year,” Cotchery said, pointing to Brown's 36 catches in his first five games in 2012. “I feel like there would have been a lot more consistency in the offense if he were healthy last year, but he wasn't. At this point he's healthy, and we're reaping the benefits of it.”

Brown apparently went to Haley and asked for a greater role in the offense after he had six catches for 57 yards during a 20-10 loss in Cincinnati on Sept. 16, though both deny there was any confrontation. The following week, Brown made nine catches for 196 yards against the Bears.

“He's lightning fast, lightning quick, (has) quick hands, very good hands and (is) very good after the catch,” Haley said. “You can throw him a short one, and he can run long.”

And take it all the way to No. 1 in the league.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4896548-74/brown-yards-catches#ixzz2i1QHSCap

feltdizz
10-17-2013, 09:22 PM
pretty funny.

Are younew to FB? I don't think I've ever read a FB page that wasn't me, me, me... its called facebook for goodness sakes.